Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS4 - First thoughts?

Go down 
+11
DeathByAK
NukeLaCoog
BlackDeath
carlmuir
Repo_Dog
walldoggy
Kamea6
DennoCAN
TheCanisDirus
evandadda
UncleHubb
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Was it worth it?
Yes
PS4 - First thoughts? Vote_lcap85%PS4 - First thoughts? Vote_rcap
 85% [ 11 ]
No
PS4 - First thoughts? Vote_lcap15%PS4 - First thoughts? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PS4 - First thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:52 pm

OK ... so the PS4 has been out for 5 days.  What are your thoughts on the new system?  

What games are you playing on it?  

What are you planning to buy/looking forward to?
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:52 am

I got mine on Sunday. Have played a handful of games on Ghosts. Ghosts looks amazing btw. It's such a dramatic change from the PS3 version. Ghosts plays smooth, looks better, etc. It's a much better game on PS4.

I don't mind the controller at all. The default button config is jacked up from the start but easily fixable. My kontrol freeks work on the new controller which makes me happy. I have no scuf controller for ps4 which makes me sad. There's no need for a gaming headset as there's a mic in the controller and you just plug a set of headphones into the controller for sound.

I plan on getting either BF4 or Killzone for some variety other than COD.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:00 am

Worth it... hell yes! The operating system and UI are a welcome change from the advertisement hell that was Xbox... and it's amazingly quick and does everything i could ask for.

The games are gorgeous. Killzone is pretty astounding for a console. It really does look like a high end game running on a pretty decent PC on Very High to Ultra settings.

BF WILL be great... the Dom/TDM/Rush games that work are awesome! The 60fps makes such a huge difference. I say WILL because it seems it is the exact PC version because it's having the same game crashes and errors. Also no native Conquest mode (thats the big fun 64 player mode). I still recommend the game 100% if you realize you'll have to play 40% of BF4 until they fix it.

Also the F2P games are great! Blacklight is a quicker/smoother COD future shooter with a scary amount of customization (far more then COD or BF)... it really feels like those twitch PC shooters of the past... or more CounterStrike-esq. It's VERY good. Warframe is a really fun game too... and Resogun might be my favorite of them all.
Back to top Go down
DennoCAN

DennoCAN

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:58 am

Absolutely worth it!

The user interface is amazing, runs smoothly, no lagging.

So far the only game I have played is Ghosts; however like I said in my Ghosts post... the game runs far far smoother on PS4 than PS3. No lag issues whatsoever, the game is beautiful for a COD game... no complaints whatsoever!
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:11 pm

worth it for me also, no issues with the system itself, had a few lag issues in bf4, but other than that, a very nice investment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 1:33 pm

I like it.  Glad I kept one for me.  Ghosts, Killzone look great. I've downloaded Warframe and Blacklight, but haven't played them. Once I get the full PS+, I'll try out Resogun.

The only sad thing is the lack of people to play with right now.  Hopefully, more people make the switch sooner rather than later.  Start saving your pennies now people!  lol santa
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 5:49 pm

walldoggy wrote:
The only sad thing is the lack of people to play with right now.  Hopefully, more people make the switch sooner rather than later.  
I agree. I find myself going back to PS3 to play with the clan. Got your invite the other day bud but hopped off to eat some grub.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 6:39 pm

The only down side so far is not enough 30 early adopters !
Back to top Go down
DennoCAN

DennoCAN

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Repo_Dog wrote:
The only down side so far is not enough 30 early adopters !
They'll come, itll just take time =D
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Need to hurry up not going back to ps3 if can avoid it !
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:41 am

We need to have a little FNG Friday Night fun ... shooting the shit out of each other!
Back to top Go down
carlmuir

carlmuir

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:42 am

walldoggy wrote:

The only sad thing is the lack of people to play with right now.  Hopefully, more people make the switch sooner rather than later.  Start saving your pennies now people!  lol santa
If we didn't have to wait until Christmas or the New Year to get a PS4......
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:44 am

There is a post (see below) with all of the early adaptors currently playing Ghosts on PS4 - get your name on the list!

https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t10411-ps4-ghost-players
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 am

I'll play... if someone donates Ghosts to me Razz  No way i'm paying for that lol... you guys need to get on BF4 or Killzone!
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:31 am

anyone know if any services have next gen rentals yet? like gamefly, redbox, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:39 am

redbox doesnt have them yet in my area
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:51 am

gamefly is (or maybe was) doing a big deal on next gen games. Redbox does not have next gens yet... i've tried lol.

I REALLY recommend the new Assassins Creed.... i wasn't a fan of the last 2 but this one kicks major ass!!! I mean huge open sailing world pirates and building up a ship, raiding forts and boarding ships... buried treasure, diving wrecks and sharks and enslaving captives to make your crew... perfect! lol (and PS4's has a new 1080p with super AA patch that looks gorgeous)
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 am

just finished AC4 and was about to start a thread about it lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:54 am

NukeLaCoog wrote:
just finished AC4 and was about to start a thread about it lol
aw man i rented it for a weekend on 360 and just started that diving mission and finished and had to return it! I've been debating on whether or not to get it for PS4 but i'll likely rent when it becomes available. I never go back and replay those types of games. Multiplayer or long RPGs are like the only games that i purchase anymore.

You should still make a thread with some vids etc... i know a lot of these guys on here would love the game if they knew about it.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 1:51 pm

i'd LOVE to get my hands on a PS4 - I have plenty of pennies Gun! Smile

I'll have to wait until the second wave hits the market - i'm convinced that Sony deliberately shorted the DayOnes to create demand. Nintendo used to do that shit all the time...it usually worked.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:34 pm

DeathByAK wrote:
i'd LOVE to get my hands on a PS4 - I have plenty of pennies Gun!  Smile

I'll have to wait until the second wave hits the market - i'm convinced that Sony deliberately shorted the DayOnes to create demand.  Nintendo used to do that shit all the time...it usually worked.
They do come in periodically. Check here for a PS4 tracker. Some are bundles, some are not.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:18 pm

I went to buy Need For Speed: Rivals - does not sport my Logitech Driving Force GT???

WTF!!!
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:07 pm

Ha Ha    Shu is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS4 - First thoughts? NKilcJs
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:51 pm

DeathByAK wrote:

I'll have to wait until the second wave hits the market - i'm convinced that Sony deliberately shorted the DayOnes to create demand.  Nintendo used to do that shit all the time...it usually worked.
haha they didnt short! Hell man gamestop alone has another 2.3-2.8 million backordered for the next shipments through the new year. People are just buying them up. It really looks like the analyst estimates of 60%ps4, 30%One, 10%WiiU is on target. I'd say get on a list ASAP if you want to grab one. I have friends that went today and they're saying well after holiday.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:59 pm

TheCanisDirus wrote:
DeathByAK wrote:

haha they didnt short!  Hell man gamestop alone has another 2.3-2.8 million backordered for the next shipments through the new year.  People are just buying them up.  It really looks like the analyst estimates of 60%ps4, 30%One, 10%WiiU is on target.  I'd say get on a list ASAP if you want to grab one.  I have friends that went today and they're saying well after holiday.

I have 2 extra right now. 2 BF4 and 2 codes for a year of PS+

Come at me
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 - First thoughts?   PS4 - First thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 - First thoughts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next