Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deadmyt

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Empty
PostSubject: BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts   BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:36 am

Plays nothing like the 360 version. A hundred times better, and the game looks great. The 360 version looks like a sega genesis game compared to it. Didn't experience that whole running around the map for miles without finding anyone. 64 man conquest means no problems finding people to kill. Played a game of conquest on Operation Locker on a 64 man server, and it was one of the craziest maps I have ever played. Got dropped into the game, and somehow started 11-0 and that was the first 2 minutes. Shit was flying everywhere. Even on some of the bigger, vehicle maps, finding the action wasn't hard at all as long as you spawn on the flag closest to the enemies controlled flags. Domination is also well done in this game. Although they did have Dom in BF3 it was only available on the close quarters DLC. They did a pretty good job with these maps and it plays pretty fast. They scale down the maps to close quarters size so basically it plays like Dom from COD with no killstreaks and you can level a lot of the maps. Some issues with the game, but they should be worked out soon. My biggest problem I experience is frame rate drops and getting dropped from the game. The 360 had a lot more issues so I can live with it. They also added a vehicle training mode so you don't have to worry about making an ass of yourself in the multiplayer . This game is definitely tailored towards a more tactical player, but DICE did a great job adding elements that do in fact cater towards COD fans. Overall a very fun and well thought out game. Just need to fix the minor issues and I'll be happy
Back to top Go down
Naven

Naven

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts   BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:53 am

Deadmyt,
Your "review" cannot be more accurate. I actually had fun. It looked great. The multiplayer didnt look OUTSTANDING, similar to COD. But, the single player BLOWS Ghosts out of the water. The sound, graphics, everything. I am extremely impressed with XB1's version as of right now.

P.S. The explosions gave me a nerdgasm. Surround Sound + XB1 + BF4 = Chowder Pants.

P.S.S. I may need to unplug....
Back to top Go down
deadmyt

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts   BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:16 am

We'll have to get a X Box One BF4 squad going. Saw a couple on yesterday but ran solo just to get the feel for it. I don't think you're on my friends list so I'll send you a friends request. I would bet that the PS4 version looks better, but after playing BF4 on the 360 it is by far an upgrade in both graphics and frame rate. Between and BF4 and Ghosts my girlfriend may never see me again lol.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts   BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:02 pm

Told you guys! It's really a totally different game at 60fps and with 64 people (when that works lol). It really gives the game that smooth COD movement and smoothness that a FPS needs!

I'm sad we're all gonna be split by console... Could you imagine a full 64 player with commander over 30 side playing a bunch of randoms! Haha shit that would be insane!!
Back to top Go down
deadmyt

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts   BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:10 pm

For some reason on the One version, there are 2 choices for conquest: conquest and conquest large. I kept checking conquest for servers and nothing came up. Thought those servers were down. Finally saw conquest large and sure enough, 64 man servers. The game is intense. Thank god they made carbines a universal weapon class because I have been running a lot more recon lately. Been going with a spec ops set up. ACW-R silenced with C4 and the laser painter. Have to also try out support with the remote mortar to see if with 64 man servers you can actually hit something with those things.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts   BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:37 pm

I heard they patched the mortor to make it have less ammo or range or something. I was bummed but I haven't even unlocked it yet lol.
Back to top Go down
deadmyt

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts   BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Got 8 kills with it the first game I used it. It's pretty good on stationary targets. Snipers are extremely easy to take out because they just stand still. anything moving is tough. Can't see them nerfing it anymore because they would be completely useless. It's a mortar for Christ's sake. It should kill or it shouldn't be in the game. Still, so far I still am not doing the million mile march without seeing anyone. The action is quite easy to find. If anyone isn't going to get this game because of the 360/PS3 experience is missing out. It's just not the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts   BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF4 Next Gen: First thoughts
Page 1 of 1