Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty

Go down 
+5
TheCanisDirus
Grover 142
Nely
Repo_Dog
coxey70
9 posters
AuthorMessage
coxey70

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Guys,

Before I start just want to make clear this isn't a console bashing thread. I was thinking about Titanfall and how much it will effect Call of Duty on its release. No doubt its a winner for Microsoft the game looks great (even in 720p lol) Now onto my point will COD be a ghost town on the xbox after its release? Will Activision swap sides and make the PS4 the exclusive console? Thoughts???
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 6:13 pm

Don't see cod going anywhere soon maybe if losses ground maybe no console exclusive if microsoft stops paying but who care about that so many people in the clan don't get the dlc anyway ! I have preordered titanfall for pc !
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:16 am

Depends on the install base. I am sure some will buy it on the Xbone, some on the 360 and some on PC.

I will at least rent it for the 360.

Activision seems to be very close with Bungie right now with Destiny on the PS4.

Vince and Respawn gotta be mad after seeing the console launch sales.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Grover 142

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:45 am

the only way COD is going to be exclusive to any console is if that manufacturer did what Microsoft did with EA/Respawn..send them a boatload of cash right before they have to announce losing 3 boatloads of cash.

Respawn is still a very small company with lots of overhead and an immediate need for cash. Somebody offered it up..so they took it.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:54 am

COD will decline over the next few years. BF is growing... Titanfall is going to do well and do even better when the sequel is released on both next gen consoles. Destiny is going to pull away the Halo-fan crowd. But COD will remain and rehash the same garbage every year lol
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:18 am

TheCanisDirus wrote:
COD will decline over the next few years.  BF is growing... Titanfall is going to do well and do even better when the sequel is released on both next gen consoles.  Destiny is going to pull away the Halo-fan crowd.  But COD will remain and rehash the same garbage every year lol
Until someone else comes up with something better than the garbage they are putting out....COD with continue to be the king of shooters. Certainly won't be Battlefiled...it has its niche, but won't take over. Titan fall has the best chance. I don't think destiny will pull the Halo fans, it's a much different game. Here is my opinion on the criteria:

- Easy to play, hard to master
- Fast paced
- Ability to have short play sessions
- Some sort of rpg/leveling aspect, but no too deep

All of those things allow both the hardcore and casual crowd to enjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:49 am

MoneyMan300 wrote:

- Easy to play, hard to master
- Fast paced
- Ability to have short play sessions
- Some sort of rpg/leveling aspect, but no too deep

All of those things allow both the hardcore and casual crowd to enjoy the game.
Sounds like you're referring to Battlefield 4 Razz 

Conquest, Obliteration and Rush game modes for the hardcore fans... TDM & Squad Deathmatch, Domination and Defuse for more casual play.

Big full maps 64 player and vehicles for the vets... or small COD sized, portions of maps and no vehicles for the new people or when you just the twitch shooter fix.

The game plays/feels completely 100% different on next gen @64fps 1080p... it has that "appeal" that COD does in terms of clarity, instantaneous movement and weapon control now... this gen more people are going to experience that and switch over... you'll see. It won't be top shooter... but BF will have a much larger presence this gen.
Back to top Go down
deadmyt

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Agree with guncanisdirus. BF on next gen is more than a niche. It is legit, and I am someone you could call a COD fanboi. To be honest there is just more things you can do. Now there's no problem finding the action which was one of the complaints about BF3 on the 360/PS3. Conquest on Metro or locker with 64 player servers is one the craziest and most hectic expetience you will ever have playing a FPS.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Maybe niche wasn't the right word for BF. I don't doubt that it will be more popular on next gen. My point was, that I don't see it being the next king of shooters on the console.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:21 pm

I said this in the spring andd I will say it again.  No single game will kill CoD, they will do a fine job of it on their own.  And when I say "kill" I mean significantly reduce the numbers of people playing.  The number of people playing has been getting smaller since the lunch of MW3.  Sales have dropped w/ BO2 and now with Ghosts.  It will take a long time before a game over takes it but it is not taking long for it to come back to the pack and just be a regular popular game.  It will still sell well, just not the astronomical numbers of the past.  The reasons it will still sell well is because it is fast, entertaining and has a low learning curve.

The reason it will no longer dominate like in the past is due to a number of factors.  Franchise fatigue is the easiest to point out.  There just comes a time when your old loyal base gets tired of the same thing every year.  Also due to the length of it's run a lot of the core fans who have been with it for years just grow past it.

The biggest reason for it's decline, in my opinion, is that there are a whole lot more games out there that center around playing with your friends.  Call of Duty has always been a game that tons of people like and those people can get together online and play.  All games are moving in a "social" direction that incorporates MP games with your friends.  Couple that with franchise fatigue, repetitive annual releases, core fans growing past it you have a market that is primed to be sliced up.  Titanfall isn't going to kill CoD and Battlefield isn't going to kill CoD and Halo isn't going to kill CoD.  Add those 2 games to GTA Online, Minecraft, Watch Dogs, Destiny, The Division, Elder Scrolls Online, The Crew and a bunch of others that feature MP & Co-op and you have the death of CoD dominance as we have known it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:34 pm

deadmyt wrote:
Conquest on Metro or locker with 64 player servers is one the craziest and most hectic expetience you will ever have playing a FPS.
I had my first full 64 player match on Locker yesterday with Fireman and GK and others...

Everything going normal capping points... until both sides meet at D i think and HOLY SHIT... I seriously ran backwards kind of in shock when i came to the flag and almost everyone was there... pop shots behind cover... rockets exploding... levels of the interior building falling apart... and people dying as medics hopelessly to revive them all...

Yeah it's not COD simple... but i honestly think you'd be surprised at how well it's likely going to do. I don't think that BF4 will sell more than Ghosts... but just maybe it sets up BF5 to do so.

Regaredless if someone is a BF "fan" or not... they should really experience 64player multiplayer!

Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:52 pm

Yeah, I think Titanfall is going to shake up the game a lot. At about that time, CoD will be pretty played out, and thats when folks kind of look for something new. Now, instead of a yearly season for CoD we will probably be looking at a 6 month season. Titanfall, if it is as good as it looks, it will take the other 6 months. I think there will really be 2 games being played religously: Titanfall and CoD. BF just is not for everyone. 64 man or not, it has too much for those that like to play guns. Titanfall looks to have bigger maps, but it is controlled chaos much like how CoD is. Only time will tell, but that pretty much is one of the 4 games I am looking forward to this coming up year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty   Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Xbox and the future of Call of Duty
Page 1 of 1