Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Call of Duty made me fat!

Go down 
+2
Winners
Sr Slampiece
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Call of Duty made me fat! Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah, I don't even know where to start. I guess the 2am beerfests have finally caught up with me. Tired all the time, eating like shit, drinking too much, clothes getting tight (and ripping some in another thread) I've known the whole time I was putting in countless hours into these games and not having the motivation to go to the gym that it was a bad situation. I know it's pissed my wife off being that she is a fitness instructor at our gym too. I miss the days of feeling solid and having my self confidence when we go to the pool.

So I'm posting this as my declaration to getting back in shape! I'm doing it here so I can have the constant reminder that I want to be what I once was. I use to run a lot of 5Ks in the area and would do pretty good so that's my goal. There is a Jingle Bell run on Christmas morning that I want to run under 21 minutes which is what my average use to be.

That's all I got. Im still going to play and post videos. I probably wont be up till the wee hours though. I invite anyone who wants to join me!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:20 pm

I was already there before playing COD. I've laid off the junk food and it's starting to come off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Another gaming fatty here, about 15 pounds over weight and with my dad just getting out from a triple bypass I've been thinking about my lifestyle too. Ideally, gaming would be a reward after a hard day's effort. Over the last two years I have let it creep into being a priority when ever possible. I blame the clan, and my lack of self control.

Not the first time I've read this book either. During my BF2 days on PC I was would alternate between frozen chicken strips and chicken wings (M&M Meats), red wine, and beer. Put on 20 back then. I quit playing outright and could not fathom how I had managed to burn 2-5 hours daily sitting in a chair doing basically nothing.

Even if I cut the time in half, and road a bike or hiked instead, probably would be acceptable.

I wish you luck in finding balance Slam.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Quit beer. Seriously. It's the equivalent of eating 10 candy bars every night right before going to bed, according to the glycemic index. I loved drinking beer as much as anyone, but it had to go. I've since replaced with whiskey, and enjoy one or 2 glasses a few nights a week. I don't drink to get drunk like I did with beer...just for medicinal purposes. See my thread on whiskey for recommendations.

It's taken me a few months to acclimate but I've been able to lose 25 pounds and exercise several times per week now. No more 2am COD sessions either. Down to 189, and keeping it off. At 6'3", that's pretty fit.

You won't miss junk food either...eat more often. Snacks like pumpkin seeds, turkey jerky and fruit are great, and then you won't feel the need to binge eat around lunchtime. Breakfast is great too...Chobani yougurt and some cheerios to lower the cholesterol.

Beer is the biggest sin though...keep it to once a week at a picnic or something and you'll see the lbs. pour off.
Pick up the book, "Power of 10" on Amazon. It's a slow paced workout that is very intense, but you literally only need to do it once or twice a week. It is awesome. Anyone can find time for it...even hardcore gamers.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:01 pm

I feel your pain. I managed to quit smoking but the getting fit didn't stick. I need to definately get back to it soon.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:04 pm

I go to the gym at 5am which is why you dont see me online past 10pm very often..

when I was 21 I was over 300 lbs, now turning 34 I am 190 and in much much better shape, no 6 pack persay, but definitely a huge improvement from my younger years...

I will never go back to fat now as I know how hard it was to change!!
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

There's an app for that... my wife found an app called "Workout Trainer" and it has a lot of various workouts and the time each session takes. At the end of each workout, it will even tell you the calories that you've burned. Some of the workouts are short enough that you can even do them between matches while gaming; that way you can work out and game at the same time.

The app has a free and a pay for version, but the free works out fine. It's the Hershel Walker workout of the 21st Century.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Hershel Walker never lifted a weight in his life...just sayin.

Pushups and situps get the job done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:31 pm

I can solve your troubles, you will lose weight and be able to eat, drink beer, and play games all the time. first take your shirt off, then wear a black contractors bag. In its place. You will be set. If you wanna shed lbs fast, go running in that same garment. You will shed lbs in no time.

Just stay hydrated.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:27 pm

ImGoodIfYouSuck wrote:
Start doing coke, I have the legal equivalent- Adderall. When I take my meds I can easily shed 5-7 lbs a week, no joke. If I workout 4 or 5 times a week 7lbs is easy.

Just do what I did and go see a Dr. and tell him/her that you have been doing some research (and this you actually have to do so you know what you're talking about) and think you may have ADD or ADHD, I went with the latter.

Or you can go to Walmart and cook some meth in the bathroom. From all of the shows I've seen, meth will help you lose weight in no time too. It can also help to rid you of cancer and allow you to buy your own car-wash; if I understand correctly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:54 pm

I've fattened up a bit myself lately and am now trying to get back into shape. After we moved I went two straight months without a trip to the gym. I started going again last week. It's a grind man...I know that once I get back into a rhythm I'll be fine, but starting out is always the toughest part...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:04 pm

I blame Delta ..... oh wait that was another thread. My bad. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:36 pm

I just found a app "Couch to 5k" that I am doing now. I was running earlier this summer but sprained my ankle really bad (thing is still swollen and injury was more than 2 months ago). Times sucked and I felt tired. I am using the app to ease myself back into it. You can pick multiple one of 2 sexy woman voices to tell you when to walk and run.

3 workouts a week. I am doing 3 in a row and then resting a day and then doing the next three. So for I like it.

Good luck fatty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:09 am

I and my wife have noticed me getting a little rotund around the mid-section...damn it all for having a bar in my house plus MW3. The fact that my taekwondo class is off for the summer doesn't help. My wife got me a road bike for my birthday and I'm gonna start hitting that as soon as I get back from vacation. I do need to cut down on the beer as well....
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:37 am

Beer is definitely my biggest culprit. Why do they have to make it so damn good?? LOL. Sad to say, I've already been down this road before. That may be my biggest mental challenge is knowing how much work I put in last time. Just gotta keep focused on the end result.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 am

I can hear the conversation with his wife:

Slam: Honey does this controller make me look fat?
Wife: Nope
Slam: pheeew Thanks Hun
Wife: Its your ass that makes you look fat.

Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:02 am

Bizotch wrote:
I can hear the conversation with his wife:

Slam: Honey does this controller make me look fat?
Wife: Nope
Slam: pheeew Thanks Hun
Wife: Its your ass that makes you look fat.

That's pretty spot on Bizotch!
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:40 am

Im right there with ya Slam. 3hrs+ on your ass and 12 beers even once a week will do some work but when you do it every other day the fat just packs on in no time!

So is this why you ripped your shorts? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:46 am

DELTAxDOG wrote:
Im right there with ya Slam. 3hrs+ on your ass and 12 beers even once a week will do some work but when you do it every other day the fat just packs on in no time!

So is this why you ripped your shorts? Very Happy

They were old shorts (not old man shorts!) so they were probably on borrowed time. That and my fat ass.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:25 am

Ive still got the pic... just waiting for the right time to post it Twisted Evil

So what are you planing on doing to get back in shape?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:25 am

I hear you all. Been running after work instead of gaming trying to get back into shape. Finally up to 5K, but not at that 21 minute mark. I'm still stuck at 9 minute miles Sad. I find that if I force myself to work out before I get on the PS3 its a reward. While I played Black Ops I used to due a push up for every death in between matches. That worked pretty well on the arms. go 15-10 and it it was 10 push ups. go 8-35 and it was 35 pushups which totally sucked balls. I stopped doing it with MW3 because the KDR was so damn inconsistent. I should get back to that. Who was it in the clan that would play with us while he was walking on a treadmill? I can't remember who it was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:35 am

Sit on a big fitness ball...tones the abs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:40 am

When you tea bag in cod you have to do the tea bag motion at the same time. Get those squats in.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:44 am

DELTAxDOG wrote:
Ive still got the pic... just waiting for the right time to post it Twisted Evil

So what are you planing on doing to get back in shape?

Cardio, cardio, cardio. Running again and I am going back to taking classes at the gym like extreme training, cycle and punch. Extreme training is by far the best all around class for me. Its done on the basket ball court and its a combination of jumprope, running sprints, relays along with pushups , planks, crunches and a bunch of other ball breakers for an hour.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am

Bizotch wrote:
When you tea bag in cod you have to do the tea bag motion at the same time. Get those squats in.

+1 to you, Bizotch. I can just see the look on my wife's face as I am teabagging on screen and in the living-room; she will be certain that I lost it then.

And the three little ones are sure to emulate me, so we will have 4 people in a room squatting to an on-screen virtual teabag; now that's childhood education and true parent involvement! Add to that that I am helping to keep them fit and I just may win father of the year for this!!!

Last edited by Doamne01 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty made me fat!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next