Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Call of Duty made me fat!

Go down 
+2
Winners
Sr Slampiece
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Doamne01

Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am

Bizotch wrote:
When you tea bag in cod you have to do the tea bag motion at the same time. Get those squats in.

+1 to you, Bizotch. I can just see the look on my wife's face as I am teabagging on screen and in the living-room; she will be certain that I lost it then.

And the three little ones are sure to emulate me, so we will have 4 people in a room squatting to an on-screen virtual teabag; now that's childhood education and true parent involvement! Add to that that I am helping to keep them fit and I just may win father of the year for this!!!

Last edited by Doamne01 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:18 am

You know, we wouldn't play so much COD if our wives were into sex marathons. I saw a report on CNN last week where this woman lost 100lbs by having marathon sex with her ex-husband. Now, if our wives took this approach, we wouldn't play so many games, we'd lose weight, and we'd keep her happy all at the same time....
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 am

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
You know, we wouldn't play so much COD if our wives were into sex marathons. I saw a report on CNN last week where this woman lost 100lbs by having marathon sex with her ex-husband. Now, if our wives took this approach, we wouldn't play so many games, we'd lose weight, and we'd keep her happy all at the same time....

Before we had kids, we had a lot of marathon sex (I wouldn't say 100lbs worth, my wife would have disappeared) but since the little ones came along, it's been more along the lines of a lot of quick sprints.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Whoa whoa whoa.....you are all forgetting that round is a shape....and being big boned is a legit medical condition ( spare the dick jokes ). The worst part for me was my wife found my gravy thermos : ( and got pretty upset.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:12 pm

FBD wrote:
Quit beer. Seriously.

For sure.
Funny thing is...since joining the 30 and playing more MW3...I've actually lost weight. I used to have a beer with dinner then crash on on the couch with 2-3 more, but I don't drink as much when I'm playing. So, instead of reaching for a cool brewski I reach for a fully charged controller.

Still, haven't been on as much as I'd like...so I think it's coming back No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Sue Activision.

Just kidding.

It's hard to find balance. The biggest things for me in eating healthy/clean is not completely denying myself. There's some junk type food I really like - Goldfish, Pirate's Booty, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (but even these are 150 calories apiece), etc. I think what saves me is I don't have much of a sweet tooth.

Drink plenty of water, and watch your portion sizes. A serving of protein, i.e. chicken/fish/etc., is about the size of a deck of cards. How many decks of cards are you eating?

I think it's easier for me since I'm currently unmarried with no kids. That being said, it's less than 100 days to the Marine Corps Marathon, this will be my sixth in a row, and seventh marathon total. I'm looking forward to it.

Oddly enough, I've never run an organized 5K in my life. My first organized race was the first marathon I ran in 2007. I have done 2 10K's though...
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:52 am

Well, I am in that same boat, but a lot more worse off than you guys. I am actually Vlogging it. I also set up a goal to do as well.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:02 am

in fact, why dont we make it a game, find the ways we can all lose weight in fun ways etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:45 am

Ok I will add my story to this list. October last year 289# 5' 10" hight cholesterol and BP but not on meds yet. I said to hell with it and have turned my life around. I get up at 5am to get in a run or walk before work or starting my day. This morning I got my latest blood test back
Cholesterol 137
HDL 46
LDL 79
VLDL 12
Triglycerides 62
BP 95/63
Pulse 48
Weight 181#

I still have some weight to loose but I am better now than at the end of last year and weigh less than when I was 16 years old. I run 4 days a week and my long runs on the weekend are up to 14 miles, I am a swimmer not a runner so I am slow but thats ok with me 12 minute miles just let me enjoy the views that much more. If you want it you can do it.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:52 am

How do you make yourself get up early and work out? I have been trying to get up at 4:30 since i have to be in at work by 7. I am kind of chalking it up to having to get up during the night to tend to the kid but I am feeling extremely lethargic for that first 30 mins.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:01 am

NCFishboy wrote:
Ok I will add my story to this list. October last year 289# 5' 10" hight cholesterol and BP but not on meds yet. I said to hell with it and have turned my life around. I get up at 5am to get in a run or walk before work or starting my day. This morning I got my latest blood test back
Cholesterol 137
HDL 46
LDL 79
VLDL 12
Triglycerides 62
BP 95/63
Pulse 48
Weight 181#

I still have some weight to loose but I am better now than at the end of last year and weigh less than when I was 16 years old. I run 4 days a week and my long runs on the weekend are up to 14 miles, I am a swimmer not a runner so I am slow but thats ok with me 12 minute miles just let me enjoy the views that much more. If you want it you can do it.

OMG! 100+ lbs good for you bro!

Getting up in the morning to workout sucks balls period. I think thats why I fell out of it because my wife who teaches classes at the gym would teach at night so I would have to watch our little one, leaving the mornings for me to do my workout. Nothing sucks more then getting up at 5 in the winter to get into a cold ass car and drive to the gym half asleep.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 am

Congrats Jeff. That's helluva a turnaround.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:11 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:13 am

For me if I put things off they don't get done. But I am an early bird, always have been. I try to get to bed by 10:30 or 11, so 5 am isn't so bad. And after doing it for a month or so it becomes habbit and I don't even notice it. But I am single so I can pretty much do what I want when I want. The winter it sucked being cold and dark, but this summer its great as it is much cooler, also less tourons (tourist morons) to deal with on the roads early in the morning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:14 am

Nice work fish! The key is sticking to it...getting and staying in shape is a grind.

Time to run...I slept to long today so now I have to deal with the heat Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:29 am

Rock on Fish.

My update: I have been stickign to the Couch to 5K app directions. I have modified it some in that I work out the 3 workouts in a row, then I rest a day, then I do the next three workouts. Right now it is run for 1.5 min and then walk 2 for 21 minutes or so. Starting slow has been nice since I am not a beat up mess the next day. I have been sticking to it so far. I am looking forward to getting to running straight since I feel like a tool walking. Right now I need the walk part so my heart rate can return to normalish.

I want to add something more than the running so I am all for the push up competition thing in the other post.

My ankle I sprained in march is still bothering me. Takes the first part of the run just to get the thing loose enough to get a decent stride on. I turned it 'in'. Pain is not on the outside where I thought all the stretched tendons woudl be. Mos to my pain is on the inside (right foot left side of foot). Wondering if anyone has had a sprain that had symptoms for this long. I rested the thing for 12 weeks. Still swollen daily. More so after I run.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Winicott1001, we found a website where we can track each other so it's not phone drivin. Check it out!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Just an FYI, there's another website called http://www.fitocracy.com/

Similar concept with all kinds of leveling and achievements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Good luck slam! I was just talking to Scott about the same thoughts! I'm thinking of gaming less and lifting more myself ...at least until black ops2 SmileSmileSmile. I know what you mean though, you will still be on but just a little less. More power to you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Holy shit! For a minute I thought I was on the Woman's health forum. Why you getting a neg for that innocuous statement Jess?
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:19 pm

CerebusArdvark wrote:
Just an FYI, there's another website called http://www.fitocracy.com/

Similar concept with all kinds of leveling and achievements.

i actuallly use this site, but i dont know anyone else on it. its pretty cool, it uses the achievement model to push you to your goals
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:31 pm

I actually lost 20 lbs after I joined the clan. But I also quit cooking & eating dinner. Who has time to eat when you could be playing video games. So, I may weigh less but I'm certainly not any healthier Smile I haven't played at all lately & since I don't cook anymore I eat very unhealthy dinners. Last night I had a bag of popcorn & 2 pints of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream...seriously. I really do want to start exercising though & eating real food again. It might be nice to have a support group for this kind of thing with the 30's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 4:42 pm

x_DeathsMistress wrote:
It might be nice to have a support group for this kind of thing with the 30's.

I'm down for that, I'm really depressed right now and trying to get my life back on track but i keep taking steps backward, hoping the next one will be in the right direction.

I've learned i have great insight into people and what they need to do but, have somehow never been able to see the same for myself.

Perhaps Dave or a mod can make us a confidential section to support each other and not have it public.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Good idea for the support thing.

Eat more! I eat all damn day and keep the weight off because I'm never overeating. You simply cannot consume more than you burn...and if your lifestyle is sedentary, you're not burning a lot.

Getting active doesn't mean boring trips to a gym...go to a rock climbing gym, go hiking, swimming, walk a dog, etc. I find that if I watch tivoed shows on the elliptical, I can kill an hour and hundreds of calories without noticing.

Keep at it!
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Well, I am all for getting a support group going, or even maybe ways to exchange all the ideas we have about fitness. I wonder if we can petition dave for a small subforum for this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 7:39 pm

I have no idea but it's pretty cheap. I cheer on a friend for getting in shape and I get a negative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty made me fat!   Call of Duty made me fat! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty made me fat!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next