Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

First Midnight Release

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

You and Midnight Release
I have been doing midnight release since before it was cool
First Midnight Release Vote_lcap26%First Midnight Release Vote_rcap
 26% [ 8 ]
My First Midnight Release
First Midnight Release Vote_lcap39%First Midnight Release Vote_rcap
 39% [ 12 ]
I did a midnight release one time, but never again because it was not worth it
First Midnight Release Vote_lcap6%First Midnight Release Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Midnight release sounds kinds personal don’t you think? Mind your own business a-hole…
First Midnight Release Vote_lcap13%First Midnight Release Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
Anal Bum Covers for $400 Alex
First Midnight Release Vote_lcap16%First Midnight Release Vote_rcap
 16% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage

First Midnight Release Empty
PostSubject: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:57 pm

I have been paying a little at a time for my MW3 Hardened edition through Gamestop. I have one more payday and one more payment of $14.99. I am pretty stoked.

I have never done a midnight release before so I asked the guy behind the counter about it and what I can do to make it as smooth as possible that night.

I live in a smallish City between Detroit & Toledo. This guy said for BO they had 150 people waiting that night. He also said that for MW3 they expect to be bigger turnout, up to 300 people.

The guy I talked to said that some people get there at 11am that day to wait in line. He indicated there is no reason to do this since all they are really doing is getting their game 15 minutes sooner than the rest of the customers. He says that once they start distributing the game it will go fast. He says everyone should be out of there by 1:30 AM since they are essentially handing out games and not really doing any transactions. What does slow down the process is when you have not done your Pre-check out. Then they have to get in to the system and find you and then exchange any currency .. blah blah blah. In short it takes extra time.

Apparently you can go in at 9:00 PM or so and essentially ‘complete’ the transaction in what they call a “Pre Checkout”. You get your receipt and then wait in line. Wait 3 hours. Then, when the time comes, they just hand you the game and you run home.

Once home I imagine you have to sit for 3 hours while the game downloads the necessary software since the servers are being choked to death with 1 million caffeine injected man-children who want to blow each other up right this second.

It looks like I will be on around 2AM trying to figure out how to get to bed, but probably not being very successful since I am a Video Game Addict with a Life Problem.

Here is to hoping that I get to stand next to some other over 30 year old who is not a douche.

I am interested in hearing what the experience is for others who have done this before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:02 pm

I would like to do the midnight release. That said, due to work circumstances, I'll unlikely be able to do so. Since I can't play (much) until Tues night anyway, I'll likely ask my bride to pick it up that day for me.

I moustache you a question but I'm shaving it for later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Not a chance in hell for me! Somehow, I think I will catch-up to the 12 hour headstart the midnight releasers get...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm

I have never done a midnight release and probably never will. One thing to keep in mind reagarding all the man children attempting to download the update after rushing home is that the east coast will get the game three hours ahead of the West coast. This will help spread the demand for downloads from the servers to over three hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:36 pm

No chance I'm waiting in a 3 hour line. I'll pick it up at 9am Tuesday morning when all the little zit faced wankers are in school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:52 pm

no way. got hardened through amazon, i 'll get it at some point on tuesday. I'm taking tuesday and wednesday off, pausing only to eat, shit, and maybe fuck (not necessarily in that order).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:56 pm

I have never done a midnight release before, but I am considering it this time...but given Wini's calculations I wonder if it is better to just pick it up in the early am and do a 20 hour marathon...If I am not ready to play until 2:30-3:00 am I am guessing my reaction time is going to be pretty shitty and couple that with new maps, weapons, equipment etc, that might be a receipe for one stressful game seession....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:54 pm

I'll get it after work Tuesday. So by the time I get home, update, and actually get on it will be around 7pm PST. That is 10pm for your EC's. The real warriors will probably already be level 50 after playing for 18 hours. You will just have to hold my hand and walk me thru the maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm always out on Monday nights anyway so I'll go straight from the pub to midnight release. Come home try for a quick shag while it installs get a slap decide to have a sandwich instead crack open a red bull and get my ass handed to me while I learn the maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 pm

did the midnight release last year. I will do it again this year. I live in a small town so it goes quick. Last year they were done before 12:30 and I was on shortly after. I have most of the week off and I stay up most of the night anyway because I'm working graveyard, so plenty of time to get my game on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Nah, I'll just wait for Amazon to get me the shipment on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

I will not be waiting in line to get the game at midnight. I'll pick it up Tuesday morning some time. Good luck to those who do wait in line.
Back to top Go down
Mason32nd

Mason32nd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:39 pm

the wife will pick it up for me on her way home from work, actually, she is the one who went to the video store to put the deposit on it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:51 pm

I'll probably drive by and scope my gamestop out first. I also live in a smaller town so I'm hoping for the best. If not I'll get it tues at 9 am. I know for Blops there were some people camping outside the day before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Why do I have the feeling that my tuesday lunch hour best buy plan is not going to fly? Long lunch hour...followed by a sudden sickness...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:04 pm

inglor1usbast3rd wrote:
I'm always out on Monday nights anyway so I'll go straight from the pub to midnight release. Come home try for a quick shag while it installs get a slap decide to have a sandwich instead crack open a red bull and get my ass handed to me while I learn the maps.

LoL good luck with the plan....

I probably will not do the midnight release.....
My friends already give me shit about being a video game junkie at my age......Going to a midnight release would only give them more ammunition
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 9:47 am

I went to Best Buy last year for the midnight release of Black Ops. I had already orded the game on Amazon and was waiting for delivery on release day. Was bored so went to BB around 11 pm got in line with about 75 people. A couple of the kids in front of the line had been there for 3 days camping tent and all. It was mostly to see what it was all about. I bought a Black Ops controller that sucks does not work.

I ordered Black Ops on Amazon and had the Tuesday off. I didn't get the game until 6 or 7 pm that night. Could have worked all day.

BB opened the doors around 11:40 let everyone go in, then they locked us all in the store. People grabbed there copy of preorders, controllers, Black Ops stuff, ect.. Once it was paid for eveyone had to wait in line until Midnight to get out.

So that is my story of Mid Night release. Looking forward to doing it again. I might go around 10pm or so. I already have Hardened Pre Ordered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 am

Just got off the phone with Best Buy and they are doing a midnight release, I live in one of the most densely populated counties in Florida so I might get there and turn around and go home and just pick it up at 10am if it looks like madness. There is no f'ing way I am camping out front all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 10:44 am

SN0WR1DER wrote:
inglor1usbast3rd wrote:

LoL good luck with the plan....

I probably will not do the midnight release.....
My friends already give me shit about being a video game junkie at my age......Going to a midnight release would only give them more ammunition

Yeah I take shit from friends also....I have been a skydiving junkie, a fantasy sports junkie, now this. They can alll kiss my ass, I am having the time of my life killing randumbs tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:18 am

I've never been to a midnight release, but am going this year. The mall I got mine at is having some kinda big shindig for the release. There are about 6 gamestops in a 5 mile radius here, so I'm hoping that it is spread out well enough that I don't have to wait too long to get my copy and get out of there. And no...I can't believe I used the word "shindig" Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:21 am

Take a camera. You may get some funny pics to share here with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:35 am

Nam...you are a braver soul then me. Aren't you a cop or something? Wear your uniform or your MC's colors to scare the fuck out of all the stoners
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:14 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
No chance I'm waiting in a 3 hour line. I'll pick it up at 9am Tuesday morning when all the little zit faced wankers are in school.

To quote an American phase

Your the man!
That made me laugh bud

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:18 am

I would of used Toss-Bags...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:10 am

what??

your the toss bag?? is that your version of "your the wanker"

am so easily confused Idea

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Midnight Release   First Midnight Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Midnight Release
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next