Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield

Go down 
AuthorMessage

BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Empty
PostSubject: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:31 pm

Figured I would share some of my tips about using the riot shield. It is my favorite toy in MW3 so far and has replaced my flamethrower from BO. I am a huge fan of Team Defender game mode now. It is by far my favorite mode and the riot shield really shines in this mode and domination. This will be a long post so bear with me.

If you desire to use the riot shield be aware you will definately help the team win, but you will not get mega amounts of XP. If you are in the prestige race you might not like it, but if you want to win it is invaluable for objective game modes.

You can level up the shield like a weapon. Sorry no red dot for it, but you can get increased melee speed and movement speed. Once you get the shield upgraded it is deadly as hell. There are varying tactics in game modes, but in team defender grab the flag and haul ass into a building. squat in the corner at hold on. Your team mates will rake up huge kills as the enemy trys to get to you. For best results when I didn't have the flag I just protected the flag carrier by blocking a choke point into the building and bashing the shit out of anyone trying to get into the room the flag carrier was hold up in. For Domination I just move onto a flag and sit there until it is captured. Great for B flag slaves to use.

Many people get frustrated with the shield becuase they are killed quickly with it. Here are my tips to avoid that.
1) You are exposed if you run. You drop the shield and it swings side to side. never, never run unless you are trying to get somewhere quickly and there are no enemy nearby.
2) you are exposed to fire if you don't crouch. The easiest way to beat a riot shield is just shoot the guy in his toes until he dies. crouch and it isn't a issue any more
3) hold your ground when the enemy sees you. They tend to freak out and shoot at you, throw a flashbang and then try to flank for a knife kill. Squat, laugh at the flash bangs with your blast shield pro, and spin as they flank. Always stay slow and smooth and keep your shield between you and the enemy. As soon as they reload their weapon move in for the kill and smack them until dead. It takes two hits to kill a healthy enemy. Once you get the shield upgraded to faster melee it is easy to get the two hits.
4) if you know enemy are in front of you or around a corner throw a concussion. not a flashbang, but a concussion. It slows them down and gives you the opportunity to catch them and bash the shit out of them. Plus it damages them so it usually only takes 1 hit with the shield
5) pick up a assault weapon lying in the ground to replace your secondary. Then you are a normal assault class until the shield is needed
6)Perks:
Sleight of hand pro : allows quicker switching between weapon and shield
Blast shield pro: reduces frag and flashbangs. You are a grenade magnet with the riot shield
what ever you like: I like sit rep. shield allows you to survive bouncing bettys and grenades.
7) I run low count support streaks becuase you don't rack up a lot of kills, but you help you team greatly becuase you are a "crowd control" and "crowd distraction" You get XP points for that.

Using the shield makes team defender and dom quite easy. On a side note you can take on juggernauts and win. I have done it twice so far. Juggers are slow and cant flank you. The assualt jugger just shoots you. As long as the shield is between you and him he is a dead man. 5-6 hits with the shield. juggernaut recons are fun too becuase they get a riot shield and its on like donkey kong. stay slow and mobile and bonk, bonk, bonk. The melee attachment for the shield will let you get in 2 hits for his one.

Enjoy the shield. I am sure Rif will chime in with other ways of being an asshat with the shield, but I love how it makes an objective game more decisive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Very cool idea. Having not played MW2 much I am not very familiar with the riot shield. I'll have to give this a try on a class. I just have to realize and accept that play styles need to change for these games. I am too used to doing what I always do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Very nice post...I played around with the shield a bit the other night, but got frustrated with it and gave up. When used like this, and with an organized group, it sounds like a lot of fun. I also saw somebody the other day using it as their teams tag collector in kill confirmed. Lots of ways to use this to win games...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:51 pm

the riot shield can be a blast. we could have a team of asshats for that matter. in my old clan in Mw2 we would get FIVE of us with the riot shield in TDM and the one with out would be in the middle and just pop up and shoot them. it was a blast! i cannot wait until we are all comfortable enough with this game to do that some nights when we are bored....

good topic Nathan!

Rif
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:57 pm

I saw the shield put to good use in kill confirmed by drawing fire and collecting dog tags. I would think that a pair of shields would be a great psychological advantage as well as allowing tag team tactics. I know if I saw two shields, I would throw a tactical grenade and run the other way.

It takes a while to get decent with the shield but the payoff is well worth it. Crouch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Never really thought about using it, until now. +1 to you sir...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:00 pm

great post
+1 sir
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks. I found my new toy, you get it from the start and it really contributes to the wins. Plus it is funny as hell to watch if someone else uses the shield.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:23 pm

I used to love when the enemy dropped a sentry and you could creep right up to it and level it up in no time by absorbing all the hits. I assume it's the same in MW3?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Brilliant! I have used it briefly and knew that it would replace the flamethrower for my "asshat" class. Thanks for the tips! +1 to N8 and Rif
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:26 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
I used to love when the enemy dropped a sentry and you could creep right up to it and level it up in no time by absorbing all the hits. I assume it's the same in MW3?

I never thought of that, I always waited for a helicopter and draw fire to level up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:05 pm

the other night in team defender was great, N8 and I would get the flag and find a corner and protect each other like he said, all you need is a couple of idiots, N8 and myself, who are dumb enough to run this or dont care about KDR and we will rock...Great thoughts N8! see you online soon all!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:55 pm

lol NICE:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Great post. I am trying this out tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:43 pm

Great post +1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Thanks N8. This is a great post. +1 I am now very curious to see how I can level it up.

The time I used it I was frustrated with how it slow it swung. I would get one hit and then by the time I was swinging to get the second hit they moved and I had to spin and find them again. I may have to work on this weapon for a night just to see how it turns out when I level it. I am thinking the dual scorps as a secondary...

Loved it on DOM. Sat there on B and just took a beating and was able to cap the flag. Savvy was like "ok, Wini, you keep that guy occupied. I am going to cap C" Good time fun.

You can find and corner guys, effectively taking them out of the action. If you spend 15 seconds dancing with a guy he is not killing your teammates nor is he defending or capping. I was able to get one of the medals for this in the game I played.

I love Vi's idea of running a phalanx with a couple of shields and AR guys walking down narrow passages and creaming things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield   BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BigDaddyN8 and LilRif's tips for being an asshat with the riot shield
Page 1 of 1