Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Riot Shield SUX!!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Riot Shield SUX!! Empty
PostSubject: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Okay, I was getting bored and thought I would go for the titles/emblems for the Riot Shield.

I was going like 5-39 with the thing and our team lost each time I used the Shield.

I could tell that Bee was getting tired of losing so I switched back to my try-hard classes and we won some very tough matches. (that shows that every team member is important to the win).

I am thinking I would still like to go for the titles/emblems (but with randoms during the day rather than with the WCLNers) and would like some advise from those of you that have some success with the Riot Shield.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:40 pm

I've hard the same experience. Sniper rifles go right through it, and possibly any gun that has impact or damage.

How useful would it be in HC mode?
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:50 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:
Okay, I was getting bored and thought I would go for the titles/emblems for the Riot Shield.

I was going like 5-39 with the thing and our team lost each time I used the Shield.

I could tell that Bee was getting tired of losing so I switched back to my try-hard classes and we won some very tough matches. (that shows that every team member is important to the win).

I am thinking I would still like to go for the titles/emblems (but with randoms during the day rather than with the WCLNers) and would like some advise from those of you that have some success with the Riot Shield.

Thoughts?

Here's what you do. Set up a bitch class with riot shield, MP9, marathon, blast shield, sitrep. Play drop zone and back your ass into the corner of and don't even worry about trying to kill anyone until they get close enough to smack'em in the face. You'll rank that thing up so damn quick its not funny. When someone is shooting at you, look straight at them to try and get the ricochet. I swear, Ive gotten top of the leaderboard in matches by 2k points and only 5 or 6 kills.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Yep, play drop zone! Try and find a chopper, then point the sheild at it! Its fan as shit amd you will get crazy points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:12 pm

I have success with the Riot Shield but it depends on what success is to you. My "very impressive" 0.24 KDR doesn't really show "success" but it judge is in a different way. For me it's about fun and assists. I think my highest assists was 32 or something dumb like that. That tells me the other team is focusing on me and getting gunned down by my teammates, hopefully giving them streaks that are worth a crap.

My Riot Shield Class

RS w/ melee
MP9 w/akimbo
C4 or Throwing Knife
Concussion Grenades
Slight of Hand Pro
Hardline Pro
Sitrep
Support UAV, CounterUAV, Recon Drone (optional)
Martyrdom or Dead Mans Hand

Not saying that's the best but it works for me. Other tips:

-Think about what you do when you see a guy with a RS and ready yourself for the other guys to do that.

-Stay out of the open, let them come to you, they always do.

-I'm not saying it's true but it feels like the shield gets bigger as it levels up

-Hiding around a corner helps, back around a corner then swap to MP9's and wait. They will almost always follow you.

-when you sprint at someone, keep them on the left half of your screen behind your RS.

Last edited by Dead_Eric on Wed May 30, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : don't know my right from my left)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:25 pm

This was an effective team of Riot Shield + Try Hard

Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Sorry Canis. I played terrible. The only thing I could provide for the team was B-Vests
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:13 pm

I have nothing to add to Dead_Eric except I like BlastShield. Also Drop Zone is the place to be. So much smoke sometimes it's easy to get the 3 kill melee streak. Also smash the guy trying to get a package in the back. If you don't run Blind Eye, find a sentry gun and set up shop in front of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:01 pm

I think i have a video or 2 with RS action, I've been meaning to make a tips for beginners video, I'm just too damn lazy.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:

Here's what you do. Set up a bitch class with riot shield, MP9, marathon, blast shield, sitrep. Play drop zone and back your ass into the corner of and don't even worry about trying to kill anyone until they get close enough to smack'em in the face. You'll rank that thing up so damn quick its not funny. When someone is shooting at you, look straight at them to try and get the ricochet. I swear, Ive gotten top of the leaderboard in matches by 2k points and only 5 or 6 kills.
yup i have to agree drop zone is where i leveled mine up at and got a few of the titles. i do it when i'm running with randumbs and not the clan.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:32 pm

omg riot shield is a blast

delta and i max leveled ours together playing dropzone took a few hrs that was it and shit ton of fun

Backsmasher title ftw Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Good tips. Drop Zone it is and I will report back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Dude, I'm bumping this for the epic video posted by XxMr.FaceXx

Riot Shield + Try Hard at one flag leaves 4 people to cover the middle and other flag. At no point was A or B in danger in that entire gameplay. Freakin EPIC teamwork between those 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:31 am

Reporting back on the use of the Riot Shield:

Followed the advise to play DropZone with it and I got 3 Emblems and 3 Titles in just two matches.

Got 1 more Emblem and Title about 3 matches later.

It was a blast using it on DZ.

Bee decided to run it also and we paired up watching each other's flank.

Bee started using the TacInsert so I tried it and it was awesome sitting on your TacInsert.

They run at you shooting and when you die you pop right back up in their face with the Shield up. So a quick few melees and they are dispatched.

Going to run it again tonight in some DZ.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:23 pm

My set up when playing with the clan is:

Shield w/Melee (if i've got it yet)
Pistol (akimbo when I get it)
Concussion
Semtex
Slieght of Hand Pro
Blast Shield Pro
Steady Aim Pro
Martyrdom
UAV/CUAV

With SOH, the pistol whips out in a heartbeat so when they stop to reload, run at me or away from me, I flip out the pistol and kill them. The only I smash at someone is when I come up on someone from behind that's stationary. This stratagy normally gets me about a 12-12-20 on average on the scoreboard. Not great but not hurting anything most of the time.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:40 pm

give this a try

throwing knife / tac insert / vests / uav
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:13 pm

I finally went with BSpro as the middle perk so I can see better with all the flashes.

Staying with the TI.

I will start running vests, that is a good idea.

LIke your idea Earl of hitting them in the back. I lose most the front melees because they can quickly run around me.

I may go with the throwing knife, not sure yet. I need a few more semtex "sticks" to finish that challenge.

I went with the MP9 akimbo, but may go with the pistol (never use the pistol).

We played with clannies last night and easily won almost every match.

All of your input has made me enjoy the shield, on DZ at least.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

If u go with the throwing knife i would recomend quick drawbprow ith it. Gets the knife out alot faster.
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:31 pm

ran some riot shield in dropzone last nite with the wc late night guys, and it was a blast. helped a few of the guys unlock some titles and emblems. we had a match where all 6 of us ran the riot shield, good times, had a few laughs. running ti's is a great idea in dropzone, i'm not really a tac insert user but i used it and it worked really well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Late to answer a party invite I ended up using the RS against the 30 in Dome last night, deflecting Pave Lowe rounds like a beast. The +50ies were popping up like crazy but then they turned to +5, +4, +3 etc. Why is that?
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:04 pm

you get 20 pts per second in the DZ multiplied by the number of team mates in there as well

i believe that gets reduced if any members of the other team are in there with you as well

edit: ah you meant shield 50's i thought you meant DZ pts

Last edited by BlackDeath on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:11 pm

audiopile wrote:
Late to answer a party invite I ended up using the RS against the 30 in Dome last night, deflecting Pave Lowe rounds like a beast. The +50ies were popping up like crazy but then they turned to +5, +4, +3 etc. Why is that?

It happens as you shield degrades, it will degrade until it breaks and doesn't deflect anything. Could also be anti boosting from IW
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Dead_Eric wrote:
audiopile wrote:

It happens as you shield degrades, it will degrade until it breaks and doesn't deflect anything. Could also be anti boosting from IW

Yeah, I couldn't see anything but spider webs after that. Makes sense but I'm surprised that IW has any anti-boosting logic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 4:03 pm

audiopile wrote:
Dead_Eric wrote:
audiopile wrote:

Yeah, I couldn't see anything but spider webs after that. Makes sense but I'm surprised that IW has any anti-boosting logic.

IW and logic... mmm.

It's kinda cool when it breaks, you can see again because of the hole. It's doesn't deflect bullets but you can still smash people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 11:45 am

I used it the other night playing DOM it works great as a distraction....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Riot Shield SUX!!   The Riot Shield SUX!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Riot Shield SUX!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next