Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Empty
PostSubject: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:04 am

I have been asked a few times why I don't use assassin or blind eye or carry a launcher.

My most stealth class has a silencer and that's it.

I don't use a launcher as I like to have a second weapon I can use to kill ppl.

So am I being a burden to my team not using them?

Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:14 am

About half my classes have launchers on them, because I hate getting killed by aircraft. I don't worry about spy planes much, but I try to take down the Heli's before they enter the map.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:24 am

Air support has been hanging around to long against us lately..
I don't think every class should have a launcher, but everyone should have at least 1 class with a launcher.

I wouldn't say your a burden. Killers are needed..

At the same time letting that osprey drop 4 CPs and hang around for minute doesn't help the team either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 am

Ogbunabali wrote:
I have been asked a few times why I don't use assassin or blind eye or carry a launcher.

My most stealth class has a silencer and that's it.

I don't use a launcher as I like to have a second weapon I can use to kill ppl.

So am I being a burden to my team not using them?

From what I hear about you via these boards I doubt you're a burden. Alot dont use launchers, or blind eye or assassin. Do what you find is fun for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:27 am

We got caught in a game last night where none of us had any launchers in our classes, and it was a slaughter with heli's and reapers non-stop til the end of the game.

When combined with the horrendous connections/lag, it makes for an unpleasant gaming experience. From now on, I plan on always having at least one anti-air class with some sort of launcher, just in case no one else has one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 am

Barebones is a great break from the norm, you dont need a launcher. Nothing to shoot down.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 am

SN0WR1DER wrote:
Air support has been hanging around to long against us lately..
I don't think every class should have a launcher, but everyone should have at least 1 class with a launcher.

I wouldn't say your a burden. Killers are needed..

At the same time letting that osprey drop 4 CPs and hang around for minute doesn't help the team either.

hehe, if the other team is lucky enough to get a osprey [realy lucky] it wouldn't be dropping 4 CP's most of the time it will be eating a predator missile. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:31 am

SN0WR1DER wrote:
Air support has been hanging around to long against us lately...

This brings to mind my only issue with support class strike package. I love to shoot stuff out of the sky to protect my teammates and piss off the guy who just camped for his reaper. Problem is if my support class doesn't have a launcher and I'm almost to my recon drone (lol) or stealth, I'll lose my streak if I switch to a class that has the stinger.
Anyway, I've learned to have a stinger on my support classes now. That is after all the purpose of support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 am

audiopile wrote:
SN0WR1DER wrote:
Air support has been hanging around to long against us lately...

This brings to mind my only issue with support class strike package. I love to shoot stuff out of the sky to protect my teammates and piss off the guy who just camped for his reaper. Problem is if my support class doesn't have a launcher and I'm almost to my recon drone (lol) or stealth, I'll lose my streak if I switch to a class that has the stinger.
Anyway, I've learned to have a stinger on my support classes now. That is after all the purpose of support.

I got caught in that trap early on in this game.. I don't think I have any support strikes any more..
It forced me to stay with a class to earn my goodies. I have everything set to assault some low some high. But I never feel as tho I am losing something switching classes.

Props to the guys that runs EMPs . the other night I think our team was unleashing 3-4 every game and it was jacking up all their shit..

@ Og ya I use my preddies for that too. It's nice because that chopper counts towards your next kill so you are not sacrificing anything .

I wasn't directing my comment towards you..........It was a general statement. In Blops heli's did not even enter the map before they were shot down.. But the highly useful secondaries and support stike pkg has caused many more people to leave air support alone.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:43 am

I don't run support on any class now. I like the assault package now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:44 am

Hell... If I don't have a launcher I'll die on purpose just to change a class to shoot that fucker down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:47 am

I'm too impatient to use save a bitch bomb for a heli you may never see. Have a stinger class. Those hinds are so friggin easy to kill. I love hearing "enemy heli incoming." It's like a dinner bell because it usually is preceded by a UAV, which is an easy care package.

Stinger is a must on at least one class. The rest of the launchers are shit.

On the flip side, it seems like the OpFor NEVER shoots down our UAVs for some dumb reason. I think at least 3 in the party should run UAV and CUAV support class. Such a huge help in the match. And when you factor in the Advanced UAV bonus for multiple, it's a no brainer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:51 am

Hellz Yeah, FBD...

You just nailed the majority of my classes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:02 pm

MANIC wrote:
Hell... If I don't have a launcher I'll die on purpose just to change a class to shoot that fucker down

I've done this as well... unfortunately I haven't unlocked claymores this prestige.

FBD is right. I get a nice warm fuzzy feeling from shooting down a heli before it enters the map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 pm

I too run 1/2 and 1/2 stingers and not stinger classes. The attack helicopter actually can kill you unlike BO where it just wounded you.

I run UAV and CUAV ONLY on most support classes. I cycle through them fast. I tried to run EMP, but it showed up late in the match and I think we do better with the UAV up. Now if we all run EMP maybe that is a different story...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:43 pm

I think 7 out of 8 classes have a stinger, the other is the jugger killer with akimbo fmg9. I love to shoot stuff down before it enters the map as well. I also have been using the emp on the support class. Great to hear enimy straif run, call in an emp and take 5 choppers down at once. I also have an ar class and smg class with the same support settings, uav, auav, emp. I think you can switch between the same support setting with different classes and not loose where you are, but I have to double check that one.

I only have one assualt class and have hardline on it, but I have been having such crap games lately I don't use it. I love getting kill streaks but am not doing well enought to get more than one predator a game right now if I am lucky, so I for one will stick to the bunny slope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:04 pm

I have to be honest, I get a bit upset when nobody it shooting down air support (even the odd uav) like when someone puts up an uber-uav...

Every single one of my classes runs a launcher except riot shield and sniper because those choppers need to get shot down. I've been hearing how "I don't have my launcher class" and a minute later that chopper is still kicking the shit out of us.

Of course we can all play the way we want and the pre-req launcher is my thing although I've been using a lot of sniper lately but the stinger is my next prestige unlock.

Shooting stuff down is worth a kill towards the streak and I love feasting on those strafe runs.

Running out of ammo? Pick up one of the zillion guns on the ground or run Scavenger? The joy of running machine pistols or dual handguns wears thin when the skies are littered with enemy vehicles.

We kicked air supports ass in Blops but for some reason in MW3 "cooler" secondaries prevail.

Bit of a rant, not trying to single anyone out either. Don't need more forum fights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:08 pm

If I'm on your team, you can be sure any type of UAV or air support is going down as soon as I can spot it. I don't run anything on any class besides Stinger. Only time I'll run a different secondary is if I've shot both missiles and then I'll just replace it with any gun I find on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 pm

hehe I was asking so rant away Smile

When I first started every class had a launcher and support class had the sam turret. But for the last prestige I have just been running assault. But I 99% have a pred sitting in the bank for the air stuff.

The problem I have been finding is that before I call in my care package,pred,(heli or planes) I am getting them again as I am in the middle of the shit and if I stand still I will die.

I also think that correct me if I am wrong that you (most) play Dom as your main game type?
if thats the case they can last alot more time then KC for example so there will be more shit in the air.

If that makes sense Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 pm

There is definitely a place for the killers on the teams though, those guys that can go like 20-6 and focus on enemies not air crap.
As to the more personal question, having played with Og when I was on the 360 side, he falls in to that killer category of capable ass rapers so I could live with him not using a launcher as long as I was or someone on my team was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:29 pm

For a Canadian, Carl makes alot of sense. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:43 pm

The only other secondary I run is FMGs on my runner classes (2). I find it is way easier to take out air support in DOM because of the semi predictable spawns. KC is more of a run and gun SMG type of game. I tried using an AR last night to patrol and hit a few contracts and was ending most matches going 10-7. Bo-ring. Running and gunning in KC is where the action is.

On another note, I think I'm going to stop trying for stupid contracts and just try to get max kills. The XP difference is really a wash, and I get bored/frustrated trying to get 25 handgun kills or some other nonsense when I could just run the map and get 25 kills with an SMG.

I think IW just puts those contracts in there to make people use crap weapons they would never normally use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:50 pm

I almost exclusively run assault killstreaks now (have one class loadout equipped as support for games when we hit a tough lobby). I still run the Stinger as my secondary on every class and Hardline. Why would I not use something that can get me from my Predator to my Chopper by taking out a couple of easy enemy killstreaks? Stinger gets me 2 kills without seeing action. Combined with Hardline Pro I can get 3-4 kills just off of my launcher and flashbangs without firing a bullet. Add in a flag capture and I am starting my Predator stack to my upper streaks with ease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:09 pm

I promise any air support down in 20 seconds or less or the next round of drinks is on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:40 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:
I promise any air support down in 20 seconds or less or the next round of drinks is on me.

I like this guy!!!!!

Friend request will be coming your way tonight... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher   When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When to use assassin/blind eye/launcher
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next