Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Turtle Beach headsets???

Go down 
+5
miggilly
Dog_soildier
Sr Slampiece
Kamea6
JK STEELERS68
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Turtle Beach headsets??? Empty
PostSubject: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:19 am

Hey fellow 30s! So I've gotten word frmo the wife that she hates COD/MW3 b/c of the repetitive gun shots, calling of UAVs, care packages, etc... And now that Christmas is passed, I'm out of receiving gifts... So today while in Future Shop (like BestBuy), I was looking at these Turtle Beach headsets. There were a few different models, some wireless, some with wires. Anyone have experience with these? Preferences? Just for cost sake I was considering the PX11 which do have wires but were only about $90. Curious to see what you guys think so I can block out the sounds from her (though subsequently I won't hear her calling for me with the headset on...not sure how much of a problem that will be thought Cool ) Thanks for your thoughts everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:23 am

Whatever you can afford. There are several threads with varying opinions, but everyone will tell you that a headset is night and day improvement.

I have the T.B DPX-21's and love them...they are wired but I never have a dead battery..
The PX-21 are almost identical in sound quality for half the $$..

Spend what the misses will let ya!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 am

The PX21's sound good enough and the chat works well. Many of us use them. They are pretty fragile though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:50 am

PX21 here as well. If you have not run with a headset then you are going to love them. I have no sound quality issues.

I can still mostly hear my wife. Don't turn them up super loud... I run mine at about 1/4 vol or less.

Treated mine like a a delicate flower for the better part of a year. No kids allowed to play with them, put them up where no one could grab them etc. They still broke. The fix was easy. Gorilla glue FTW. It is not an issue of if, but when they will break IMHO.

What ever you decide to do headset wise I think you will be pleased as it is a major improvement.
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:56 am

I have a pair of X-41s and I bought my son a pair on ebay for $129 free shipping about 3 months ago for Christmas. We both love them and they have the 5.1 surround sound.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:57 am

PX21's here also, still not broken after a year and I stuff them in my gaming drawer when I'm done. Not so careful with them, I probably should start though. They sound great, no complaints here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:09 am

I have the TB P11's for about 3 months now and no problems. I think the P11's have a 50mm speakers compared to the 40mm in the P21's.

I think the P11's only work with PS3 where the P21's work with PS and XBox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:16 am

I had the PX21s and they are great. I never had any failure until a couple days before Christmas when the left speaker went out. Examination indicates that a wire is broken inside the insulation (it's not a solder joint issue). I treated them nicely, but did catch they by the wire a couple times, so I'm sure that contributed to the failure.

My bride bought me the XP500s and while pricey, they are a HUGE difference. It makes the MW3 nearly Black Ops-like in terms of audio clarity and I can locate OpFor up/down/left/right/front back unless they are running dead silence. If you can swing the coin for a set of 5.1/7.1 headphones, the difference is impressive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:24 am

Amazon has the Turtle Beach Foxtrot for 59.99...they are supposed to be the same as the PX21 just with MW3 logos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Thanks for all the feedback! When you say the PX21's are fragile, what kidn of issues are we talking about?? Wini, you said you used Gorilla Glue so I take it it's not a technical issue??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Mini lasted 4 months and just pooched this weekend. Headset still works for sound and listening but the mic broke and no longer works. Great for when I play random and don't want or need to hear anyone else, but I'm back to the default headset for clan gaming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:37 pm

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback! When you say the PX21's are fragile, what kidn of issues are we talking about?? Wini, you said you used Gorilla Glue so I take it it's not a technical issue??

The PX21s fail both electrically and mechanically. Some break at the rotating joint, others fail in the wiring. The wiring is much harder, if not almost impossible to fix. My left ear speaker started to cut out, and it sounds like Mr.A had a similar issue.

Wini's broke after he rage-tossed them across the room while playing BF3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:13 pm

audiopile wrote:
OldSchoolNESfan wrote:

Wini's broke after he rage-tossed them across the room while playing BF3.

Mine was not a technical issue. I put my hand down to adjust my position on the couch. I put hand down right on the cord and pushed my self up. Picture my hand holding the cord in place as I raise my head 4" with a tight cord attached. The left earpiece broke at the swivel. Glued the parts together at the swivel. Glue + Swivel = No more swivel. Sound still works fine. Lots of you tube fixes out there that include screws and the braces. Either way the swivel will no longer swivel.

No rage quitting in BF3 unless you are spawn trapped on Metro. That map is bad news if your team sucks. We had a team stuck in the spawn and could not get out. 100% evil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:19 pm

I also have some px21's, but they still look and function as brand new. How? I'm absolutely anal about putting them away properly and being careful to not break them while wearing them. I have much better things to spend money on than another set.

Although I do wish I had the 5.1 surround sound...
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:03 pm

i have the p11, as it is my first headsets i have ever used, it does just fine. it's really good for the price you pay. look on amazon, they were a bit cheaper than on ebay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:34 pm

PX 21s are probably the best value. They will break, it's inevitable. They are made of Chinese Balsa wood. However, TB has a very good warranty and customer service. KEEP THE BOX AND RECEIPT! They will replace within 1 year, and will keep replacing as necessary.

If you can drop the coin, spring for a 5.1/7.1 pair. Big difference, but if you're going from no headset to anything other than bluetooth, it is night and day.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:01 pm

I just posted this over in the general discussion area. Heres the link.. Register to win a set of Astro A40s
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 5:09 pm

PX21 for me.

Had them over one year and no problems.

Mine have not broken because I take care of them and no small children or pets to break them.

Mine are wired so I do not have to charge them and I believe the sound is better (mic).

The length allows me to go into the kitchen with them and fix something to eat inbetween rounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 pm

I have the DPX-21. The difference between them and the PX21 is the Dolby surround sound. You get awesome directional sound detection, versus simple left/right stereo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Yeah, if mine ever wear out or break I will go with the upper models. But since they work fine it is hard to justify buying new ones.

Besides, if I upgraded what would I do with the one I have?
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:17 pm

I have the turtel beach earforce foxtrot love them!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:48 pm

My son has the MW3 Foxtrot headset and loves them. I tried them out once and was amazed by how clear the chat was. I normally use a bluetooth in ear but have since ordered my own headsert from Amazon. Should be here end of the coming week. I am looking forward to 5.1
Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:57 pm

I am going to order the 5.1 converter for my P11 cheap headphones. Got these stereo headphones based on the larger speake size. Not sure the product name from turtle beach, but will be buying from amazon for 69.99. I paid 50 for the headset. So I think it ends up being a wash vs buying surround from the start. I am curious to see how the sound difference is. Maybe I will notice now that I have played stereo for a few weeks. The downside would be all the wires. Very hard to keep it neat.
Back to top Go down
Shooting-@-U

Shooting-@-U

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:47 am

Same here I had 2 break right speaker goes out. They replace them & now so far so good no problems. Also got the Earforce DX the surrond sound box big diffrents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Is there any difference with sound wired versus wireless?

And on the wired ones, where do they plug in? The controller or the USB on the machine?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turtle Beach headsets???
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next