Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Turtle Beach headsets???

Go down 
+5
miggilly
Dog_soildier
Sr Slampiece
Kamea6
JK STEELERS68
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Is there any difference with sound wired versus wireless?

And on the wired ones, where do they plug in? The controller or the USB on the machine?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Both. There is a unit that plugs into the console's USB on both the wired and the wireless. The wireless headset then plugs into the controller only. The wired runs from that USB box to the headset to the controller. I just broke some DX21's (the mic stopped working, the headset still works great sound wise). I replaced them with some wireless. I notice a little downgrade in sound level but otherwise they are okay. My issue with all the Turtle Beach stuff is that it's all fragile. I can't imagine any of the stuff lasting me more than 1 year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Ah i see. I'd like to get a nice headset, but am reluctant to spend that kind of money on something that wont last.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:00 pm

The Trittons are very well built. Never used Astros but I hear good things. I have no complaints with the PX5s other than the fact they need new batteries every other week or so, but if you buy them in bulk they are only about .40 each, so fair trade off for no wires in my hectic household.

If I wasn't a slave to mic monitoring and wireless I would be using the Tritton 720s most likely. They seem to be the best overall design for durability.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:14 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
The Trittons are very well built. Never used Astros but I hear good things. I have no complaints with the PX5s other than the fact they need new batteries every other week or so, but if you buy them in bulk they are only about .40 each, so fair trade off for no wires in my hectic household.

If I wasn't a slave to mic monitoring and wireless I would be using the Tritton 720s most likely. They seem to be the best overall design for durability.

I plan on buying the PX5s next week, how are they built compared to the PX21s? Any other pros or cons you can give me on the PX5s?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Holy Crap!! 200 bucks!! Ouchy.... I was thinking on spending like 50 or 60 bucks on a pair. Dang, i had no idea good headsets were so much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:58 pm

jsavvy wrote:
fatbrowndog wrote:

I plan on buying the PX5s next week, how are they built compared to the PX21s? Any other pros or cons you can give me on the PX5s?

They are a totally different design...MUCH sturdier plastic, redesigned swivel joint, larger ear cups, 7.1 surround, thicker top of head strap, better (removeable) boom mic and many different presets to amplify certain sounds based on your preferences. You can also download new settings via a USB port.

Night and Day. Buy a big pack of AA batteries though. They take 2. And don't forget to turn them off after each use. I foolishly thought they powered down when I turned the system off.

The only posible negatives are the need to replace batteries and range. But I sit pretty far away and have no problem. The only time they break up is when I go get a beer out of the fridge, which is not a big deal considering I could never do that while wired.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:00 pm

X-Runner wrote:
Holy Crap!! 200 bucks!! Ouchy.... I was thinking on spending like 50 or 60 bucks on a pair. Dang, i had no idea good headsets were so much.

If you are currently using a bluetooth or no headset at all, a $50 pair of PX11's will seem like a monumental upgrade. Start there, you'll be happy you did. Save some pennies and eventually upgrade. Having a basic pair now is better than waiting for a premium pair later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:09 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
X-Runner wrote:

If you are currently using a bluetooth or no headset at all, a $50 pair of PX11's will seem like a monumental upgrade. Start there, you'll be happy you did. Save some pennies and eventually upgrade. Having a basic pair now is better than waiting for a premium pair later.

I am using the Xbox360 headset that came with it. Works decent enough, but i am getting sick of it. I can afford a bitchen set no problem. Its just convincing the wife i want to spend 200 bucks on them is the hard part. She is gonna freak out!!

Although, she will go with the 50 dollar ones. Maybe i will start there and i will lay on the hints about the kick ass ones enough to hopefully get some on my birthday in March. rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Good plan...warm her up first. I don't have experience with Xbox, but I think it is a single ear design? If that's the case, you'l be tickled with an entry level stereo pair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:35 pm

I cant tell if the turtle beachs where just that much better the the ps3 stwro or if blops just had btter sound. I know blops had an option for suround sound headphones and mw3 had no such option. I miss sound whoring thou.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:39 pm

"sound whoring" ???

scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:57 pm

X-Runner wrote:
"sound whoring" ???

scratch

You know the act of selling your body in exchange for sound as payment.

Or also an expression used when guarding a bomb or flag. With out even looking you can know if/when they are near it just by all the noise they make.

"i'm sound whoring A flag."

Or

"your mom is a sound whore"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Hahahahahaa!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:44 pm

I have noticed that the sound from the mic seems to be better from someone that has a wired headphone, also there is no need to charge them or replace batteries.

Headphone volume up, chat down, Dead Silence Pro, no one home = Sound Whoring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:41 pm

I just picked up some Madkatz AMPX headsets. Wow! What a pile of garbage! Hahahaha!!!

For 50 bucks i would have thought they would at least be semi ok. The guy at the Gamestop said they were great and blah blah blah... When plugged into the controller they wouldnt work at all. So i had to plug them into the Xbox and i could hear my friend in chat but he said i sounded horrible. Also, the huge bundle of cords hanging off of the headset is rediculous.

Yea.... so i am gonna splurge... Screw it!

It's always easier to just let the wife get over it than to try and explain why before i do it. Hehe Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 pm

X-Runner wrote:
I just picked up some Madkatz AMPX headsets. Wow! What a pile of garbage! Hahahaha!!!

For 50 bucks i would have thought they would at least be semi ok. The guy at the Gamestop said they were great and blah blah blah... When plugged into the controller they wouldnt work at all. So i had to plug them into the Xbox and i could hear my friend in chat but he said i sounded horrible. Also, the huge bundle of cords hanging off of the headset is rediculous.

Yea.... so i am gonna splurge... Screw it!

It's always easier to just let the wife get over it than to try and explain why before i do it. Hehe Razz

This is my theory for expensive purchases. It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Be advised that once you go wireless there's no going back. The freedom is addictive.
Back to top Go down
TheShamrock7

TheShamrock7

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 pm

I recently bought the PS3 stereo head set and i am very happy with them. They are wireless and 7.1 sound
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 1:42 am

FBD is 100% correct about it is better getting forgiveness than permission.

Plus, if you fight you might get make up sex after you apologize Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:01 am

I just bought some wireless Turtle Beach to replace my DX21's that broke. Everyone I play with now complains about echoing and feedback unless I mute. Not impressed. I don't know where to go next. I haven't found any headphones that are decent and durable at the same time.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 6:49 am

TheShamrock7 wrote:
I recently bought the PS3 stereo head set and i am very happy with them. They are wireless and 7.1 sound

how much do they run? i need a better pair than what i am running rightn ow
Back to top Go down
TheShamrock7

TheShamrock7

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:08 am

Pariah_81, They are 99 bucks. Easy setup they work with your PC too. I bought my son a pair for Christmas and he loves them.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 am

cool. a little out of my price range at this moment in time, oh well
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 10:49 am

I have and use the X41's they are awesome. My biggest complaint is battery life. They only use two AAA's to reduce weight but I haven't been able to get them to last more than 8 hours or so of gameplay (using rechargables). Also you still need a cord to run from the headset to the controller for chat.

If you want the beef supreme headphones then get the new XP500's with full wireless chat (using bluetooth like the MS jawbone does).

Also keep in mind you'll need an optical spdif output from somewhere for the headphone transmitter. If you're not running a surround sound receiver already or have a new slim xbox you'll need to get an adapter. LIKE THIS ONE
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:48 am

Well, i got screwed by a local 'Ma and Pa' game store. Those Madkatz AMPX headphones were not what i wanted. I was basically duped into thinking they would just plug into the controller and work for chat. Not true as most of you guys probably know.

So i go back the very NEXT day to try and get my money back or even upgrade to a better set. The packaging was not disturbed when i opened them. And they were put back in with great care exactly as the were originally packed. It had been a cash sale and i figured it would be no problem since the owner of the store told me that if i had any issues to come back. They turned me down saying that any sale of electronics is final. Then tried to tell me that it is the same policy anywhere you may go. Which is total bullshit in case you didnt know. Gamestop has a 7 day return policy for example.

After going rounds with this guy i finally left knowing that i just ate 50 bucks unless i can sell these things. I went to Gamestop, like i should have in the first place, and picked up a set of Tritton Primer wireless headset.

http://www.trittonusa.com/prod/primer.asp#!prettyPhoto

Totally awesome! I got them for 120 bucks. You can prolly get them for 100 on Amazon though. They are totally worth it. People are saying that i sound good and clear and i can hear them good as well. The game sounds through these guys are really insane! I love em!!

Ok ok.... end rant. Thanks for taking the time to read this crazy post bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:59 am

Good decision on the Trittons.

Put the old ones on craigslist or ebay. You'll find a buyer.

One man's trash is another man's treasure...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turtle Beach headsets???   Turtle Beach headsets??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turtle Beach headsets???
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next