Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Connection problems

Go down 
+2
Severed Digits
Winners
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Connection problems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Gambootz wrote:
I can say certainly that there was no other devices running on wireless signal. It was past midnight and everyone in the house was asleep.

Just to be sure I shut off the PC and laptop (I had found a virus scan running at 2AM that sent my connection to hell), so I'm familiar with that.

Basic problem here is inconsistent wireless connection. I had the router in a main floor room for years...no problem.

I move it upstairs and now signal becomes erratic at times. Thats why I thought maybe a better/newer router may help.

Nixon (or anyone else) explain a little more about setting priority on the router? I only care about PS3. Xbox is in my son's room, but he's not online much (7 years old)

A higher end router would definitely make a difference. They have a much better range and have less problems going through walls and such. I live in a side by side 2 family house and my neighbor uses my connection for his ps3. His ps3 is maybe 30 feet from my router on the same level but the signal has to go through a solid brick firewall and his signal never drops from 100%. I have the Netgear WNDR3700 and quite a few other on here use it as well. Its not the newest model Netgear makes but its widely known as still one of the best on the market. Ive seen them run around $89-99 and its relatively easy to setup. As for QoS not all routers have it though. If it does it should be right in the settings for the router you have. Mine gives you the option of turning it on for either a MAC address(every device no matter if its a ps3/xbox or pc has its own address) or a certain LAN/ethernet port on the back of the router. If you get into the QoS settings and have each device turned on it will list each device using the router and its MAC address and from there gives you the option of changing the priority of bandwith going to each MAC address attached or what # LAN port you want to use. It starts at lowest to normal to high then highest priority. I simply gave my ps3 the highest and everything else the lowest to ensure when im playing i get the majority of the bandwith.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:30 pm

in your linksys router change the channel to 11 in the wireless area. See if that fixes your issue. You will not be getting a full 54mb wireless connection (considering it is G). There are other options, but that one will probably be the easiest and cheapest way to fix your issue. Also, if your wife or kids walk into the room with a cordless phone, it could disrupt it as well. Also, if you play with a 3rd party wireless controller, certain kinds of wireless headsets or even certain kinds of bluetooth, this could affect your wireless controller too. Again changing the channel should eliminate that hopefully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:44 am

Gambootz wrote:
pariah_81 wrote:
As for your issue gambootz, where is your router? what is it by? Do you have a wireless phone near it? A microwave? what exactly is NEAR the router?

The router is in a 2nd floor bedroom, bottom shelf of the computer desk. No phones or anything unusual near it. Just the PC, monitor, keyboard, etc...

The PS3 is in Living Room, directly below the bedroom. Actually the PS is almost exactly directly below the router.

The strange thing that gets me is this: Last night was online for about 2 hours, maybe 8 or 9 matches.

Only twice the connection was lousy. Each time lasting 3-5 min. of 1 bar,3 bar,1 bar...bouncing around.

The router is a Lynksys, maybe an older model, 2 years maybe.

You think a bigger and better router may clear it up?

A better router (one that says 150 or 300 on the box) should help because they have a longer range and can go through the walls better.
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:47 pm

be careful of the router that you get. they are not all created equal. I am a little miffed right now. I have been trying to clear up the xbox live party cycling where it kicks most or all of the people from our live party in the middle of the match. so I did the research I opened up the ports for my xbox and put my wife's in the DMZ assigned them all static ip's and set everything up the way it's suppose to be. sadly I can't open the ports for all the xbox's and I can not put more than one thing in the dmz at one time so I have to do it this way. it worked for the first night or two and things where great now I launch MW3 to find I have a strict NAT and I am getting the stupid party cycling again. What can I do beside blow the darn thing up? I have static Ip's assigned to all the stuff in my house and none of them are assigned the same ip. my router is an Asus RT-N56U Dual-band wireless N Gigabit Router. Any suggestions? And can you put more than one thing in the DMZ at the same time? just curious due to that I know that you can usually get third party firmware for some higher end routers and if that is the case that would be fine with me since I hate Engrish.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:59 pm

DMZ is only usable on one system at a time; usually, the DMZ is used to forward all ports to one system as a buffer to a network for security reasons. I don't have an xBox anymore and so I am not very familiar with it, sorry.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Ok, to fix your stuff, just open the ports you want opened. This should allow all of your opened ports to work regardless of your other issues. You can also allow UPnP to do the same thing. Lastly, reset your router. Xbox uses cached configs of your router. By the way, check your firewall on your router since they may have some issues. Honestly I will state it again as with other people, I trust cisco. They created the technology, they probably make the superior equipment.

As for routers, There are routers that have stronger signals, but your ps3 does not read them. Ps3 works under Wireless G not N. If you buy a router that is Wireless N you are not getting anything better than G anyway.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:20 pm

There is a gaming adapter that works as a bridge that will get your PS3 on Wireless N. Without an adapter, it is true that you won't get anything better than G on your PS3, but I'm sure that all of your computers would benefit from the Wireless N.

The other option is a Powerline adapter; which works great as long as the wiring in your home allows for it. Either one of these will cost you about the price of a game unless you can find an amazing deal somewhere.
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 am

I almost had an issue for this weekend and it would have been partially my fault. I went to the cable company to change my service. I got rid of the cable TV and phone since I wasn't using them and I was upgrading my internet to a fast speed. but I wouldn't get that until Sunday and I needed my internet until the change. They screwed up the order and when I got home to set up the new modem since the old one was for a phone line as well nothing worked. I took back the modem since it was used and the wan port wouldn't hold the line in and tried again. Still no luck. So I called Time Warner Cable, after 30 minutes up and running. I would have cried like a baby if I missed out on the DBL XP weekend. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connection problems   Connection problems - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Connection problems
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2