Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

New Dom Strategies

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:46 am

After the last 2 days of frustration (not with lag before the EUK guys come trolling for unicorns), I have considered the fact that as IW adjusts the game for whatever reason or whatever way we may need to adjust strategy.

Here is my observation... We no longer seem to be able to hold down A/B or C/B with the ease we once did... the two obvious examples yesterday were on Mission and Village where we all know we need to hold C/B (or flip the spawn from A to C asap)... even when we had C we just could not pull off the win more than half the time, I would say we were losing 4 of 6 games.

The opponents seem to be flipping A and C constantly even when we are stationed around the flags and I feel like I am just running between A and C over and over.

The solution, at least I hope, is tactical insertions... I have never used them much and am not sure which maps and where to place them... Obviously on hardhat for ex. we want to hold down the middle area between A and the Tube (from C to middle), so tac inserting in the middle seems like a good spot but it would need to be done in a nice little corner/nook...

Anyone else with ideas? I havent seen so much frustration over something not lag related... but we had a lot of rage quitting yesterday from people who dont normally quit... even IDREF was saying he was frustrated with the constant running between A and C and getting shot from behind and he is probably the calmest player in the clan!

Lets get this figured out and get back to winning!
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:56 am

You know what the problem is? The problem is getting a point towards your killstreak for capping flags. Since this game was released we always triple cap and thats the reason because you got that one guy who will go cap that one flag to get that point AND IT ALWAYS results in the spawn getting flipped.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:01 am

JxVegas702 wrote:
You know what the problem is? The problem is getting a point towards your killstreak for capping flags. Since this game was released we always triple cap and thats the reason because you got that one guy who will go cap that one flag to get that point AND IT ALWAYS results in the spawn getting flipped.

I would agree that will happen J, however in these cases we werent even triple capping.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:04 am

The spawns have obviously changed to some degree....I lost ALOT of games this weekend in which most of them we were simply outplayed or NOT defending the flags but rushing towards the enemy spawn to get kills.

One example is on Arkaden, we started with the A spawn which is great, capped B then someone took C....Why I do not know, next thing you know I get overwhelmed at A by 4 guys, we lose it and then lose B and now are spawning in the death pit of C dom. Kyle I think we have just lost sight of a sound strategy (except when connection is crap). Once your team has two flags at least 4 guys should be protecting those two flags (2 at each) while the other two can run interference....As far as I can see we at times get away from this. Another issue is not gelling well together as some of us have not played with people long enough...ie. most people that cosistently play with me know I will be near a flag somewhere 99% of the time. There are a few people in paticular that when we play together we rarely lose even with a bad connection but we have been doing it almost a year now.....I think in time it will be ok, bringing up this topic is a step in the right direction....Someone should bump the DOM strategies that we posted right after MW3 came out as the "essential" flags FTW have not changed....The only map in which I have no clue about is overwatch, as I have not figured that one out yet.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:10 am

Stream... I dont even think that was the problem either... I dont think anyone was pushing spawns and I was playing with guys I have played with over a year...

On Mission, we had C, they had A/B and I was killing 2-3 guys at B before dying, and I would rush right back at B and they were right back there already, we never saw tac inserts on their side either, but geez we used to be able to hold that map down with ease
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:18 am

I've noticed that on the easy to win maps with C and B (Village, Mission, Interchange) that they have made it really easy for THE OTHER TEAM to flip the spawn just be being at our C flag. Last night we had guys spawning in the caves while the other team pushed for C.
It isn't always us flipping it.

I use a tac insert on Arkaden in the boobie window and I hang out up there. Whenever I do that we seem to be able to keep A/B.

We had A and B on mission for a while and it was working, but it was ugly.

On Interchange we need to spawn trap, the more pressure we put on them, the closer to A they will spawn. If we are not at the tanker neutral spawn they will be, and it's an easy run to C.

Basically if we are spawning at their flag then it means they are @ our back flag. Call it out and who ever is back there will need to flush them out.

I agree that we are not as structured as we were in BO but alot of it has to do with where IW is re-spawning us.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:26 am

We need to understand the spawn logic (yes i used that word as a joke) before we can make a plan. knowledge of the spawn system is the key to holding the flags we want.

audio has done good work with this, i'd like to see more of it in the forum. If you need help collecting data sir i would be more than happy to help.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:26 am

Arkaden is a great example if we own A and B.....The game will sometimes spawn you at or near C becuase an enemy is too close to A. Personally when this happens to me (mission, village etc.) I just head back toward the flag(s) that we should be protecting, just because you are spawned near a flag does not mean take it. IW has done this for two reasons IMO first tio reduce spawn trapping, and second to make the games closer and more interesting.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 am

I agree with Audio. If they rush C (Village\Mmission) and kill us off, even with remaining teammates watching B, we will respawn at A if they players remaining alive in closer proximity to C than A. This is my observation and the spawns flip even though we still hold the C flag. If we hold C and have players alive in proximity then the spawns should not flip.

To flip back we need to coordinate a similar assault on C. It seems IW did this with a real effort to prevent spawn trapping (i.e. pushing to B to spawn trap A while leaving C unguarded allows the oppostion to spawn there). Again if this is correct and the enemy send 4 to C to rush the 2 protecting the flag then the odds are they will kill the 2 with at least 1 standing and the spawns are more likely to flip unless you get help from B to keep the flag.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:47 am

Correct if you leave a flag totally unguarded the enemy will spawn there or very close...I noticed this the first week the game came out so I usually camp (strategically position myself) near a flag we need to keep.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:58 am

lol Spawns Will not flip If you have People Tac inserted on A & B sides and only 1-2 people can hit c or the spawn will flip Its always been that way.

2 People hold A one at least Tac insert

2 people hold B one tac insert

2 People HIT C and recap as oftin as possible As long as A&B can hold position let the C flag guys Die out of there spawn and not tac insert in there because that will cause Spawns to flip.

If you use this stragety The Spawns will not flip on you But if people dont hold position and too many people rush C spawns It will flip even if tac inserts and down.

Smile I Might have a video on that Razz Get soem Smile
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:01 pm

WCFC love that strategy, just watched the hard hat video. I am usually defending A or B, I need to start utilizing Tacs more often...Thanks and good Job on another awesome video.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Smile Always feels good to help a brotha out Razz
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:07 pm

That is one thing you have to admit IW did very well, Is the spawn trapping fixes. I have been playing some demition and Sabatoge latley and even in those I have not been spawn trapped once.

The main difference between the blops and MW3 spawns is in blops there where lines as long as you did not cross you where would not flip spawns. In MW3 that rule does not apply at all. The key is just know this, be aware of it and hope it helps you as much as it screws you,
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm

I am going to make a class with Tac Insert and do some experimenting on those spawn fuck maps like mission, village, interchange... although I havent had any issues on interchange keeping guys in at A, I usually head glitch at the cement barrier behind the first exit from A and they keep spawning at A and I can keep control of them
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:
That is one thing you have to admit IW did very well, Is the spawn trapping fixes. I have been playing some demition and Sabatoge latley and even in those I have not been spawn trapped once.

The main difference between the blops and MW3 spawns is in blops there where lines as long as you did not cross you where would not flip spawns. In MW3 that rule does not apply at all. The key is just know this, be aware of it and hope it helps you as much as it screws you,

Sith I think this is absolutely true on Village, where you spawn in the cave, and there's some asshat running around there shooting you as you spawn, but for some reason it does not flip
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Hey guys, im far from understanding the spawn points and where that fine line is that ends up flipping the spawns but I try to grasp as much info from people who seem to know something about it... In saying that, one guy I watch is OzerecYT... Some may know of him and some may even diregard what he says is complete trash.. But, he has a video on youtube that explains manipulating the spawns in your favor... If I recall, he was actually able to keep the enemy spawning away from a-b dom with a claymore.. He goes in depth with his reasonings so it may give a little help to figuring out a strategy. Dude has a ton of information videos to... I cant play when im at work so I youtube it watching others play, and get paid for it.... Smile
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm

I think greed plays a big part too. On the two main examples mentioned here Village and mission there are three narrow choke points the enemy must pass through to get to our spawn flag. I have witnessed first hand on many occasions people leapfrogging each other for kills to the point that they are close to A and flipping the spawns. I would be more vocal with EUK than you guys ingame so always watch and call people back.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:33 pm

surprisingly Fran, the guys that beat our ass on Mission had A/B almost the whole game, we were trapped in C
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 pm

We have done that ourselves a few times, most notably in clan matches. It actually seems easier to win from A spawn for some reason.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm

kjcolby1978 wrote:
surprisingly Fran, the guys that beat our ass on Mission had A/B almost the whole game, we were trapped in C

They were probably very good players and had good communication, I do not mind losing when legitimately being beat by good players I just hate losing because of connection but that is a whole other topic.
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:54 pm

jamie, they were the usual randoms we play against with no mics... I think maybe one or two had a mic... it seemed they were spawning at B, I would grenade and tube b get a triple kill, and they were still there in droves
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 pm

maybe tacs on that ramp up from A....You would never seem them there
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 pm

Stream_Man wrote:
maybe tacs on that ramp up from A....You would never seem them there

pretty strange we get spawn trapped at C on mission!

I am building classes on elite trying to see what I can sacrifice (I only have 5 classes available) to make a tac insert class
Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 2:59 pm

I have not played in months so I could be wrong but I noticed that when the other team got a rusher behind us as we killed the opposition at the flags they were respawning behind us at our flag. Then I would spawn on top of their flag which flipped the spawns. I watch the mini map regularly to see where the enemy will be coming from but instead they kept shooting me in the back. When the other team played like us and held positions we won when they rushed and used light machine guns or shotties we had problems. Our strategy will have to change instead of pushing forward to B flag or further we may have to keep people back a little behind C or A. This is to not let them behind us. It means we are going to lose B flag more often, but then they will not be able to flip the spawns on us so easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Dom Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dom Strategies   New Dom Strategies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dom Strategies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next