Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

What is the Deal with our BO parties ???

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 pm

You're exactllly right KJ, that's why I'm telling Pain just start a party and just start spamming invites out. I've noticed alot here lately that I've been in a lot of 5 man parties and if someone sends an invite, I try to back the whole party out and join up on the invite. I know sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but I'm the type of person that doesn't wanna leave anyone out even if that means playing GW or PM.I'm not here to make love to none of you mofo's.LOL.I'm just here for the PARTY. Game On.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:18 pm

Ground War blows...

I usually end up rage quitting because of lag so I would rather back out and play solo (no offense)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:33 pm

I generally sign on and spam invites to a bunch of guys. Once I get to 6, it's locked. sometimes people jump in before I can lock it. No more Ground War for me. We normally win, but I just flat out hate that mode and have no fun playing it.

I think it is considerate if you happen to join a lobby that already has 6 to offer to back out. Sometimes someone else will say that they are going to take a break and you can stay, but at least offer. In most cases we can pick you up in the next match, but it puts the party host in a tough spot. I don't want to have to tell someone to leave when they are the unlucky 7th, and I certainly don't want to kick a fellow clannie out of my party.

If I go into a lobby with 4 or 5 and see clannies join the lobby I always offer to back out to fill the party at 6.

And we all have certain guys we like to play with, so don't feel slighted if someone doesn't drop what they are doing to join your party. I know there are people who never accept my invites, and that's fine. (Not everyone can take my levels of bitching.) There are plenty of times I can't get into a game with my regulars and I join new guys...it all works out.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:38 pm

kjcolby1978 wrote:
Ground War blows...

I usually end up rage quitting because of lag so I would rather back out and play solo (no offense)

It's much better to play with the team than to play with yourself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 pm

If you all would quit piggiebacking Nixon's wireless, maybe you wouldn't lag as much in ground war. LMFAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:53 pm

DarkkerDaze wrote:
kjcolby1978 wrote:
Ground War blows...

i like playing with myself thank you...

and thinking about a lobby with FBD, Savvy, and Jerry would be fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 pm

kjcolby1978 wrote:
DarkkerDaze wrote:
kjcolby1978 wrote:
Ground War blows...

i like playing with myself thank you...

and thinking about a lobby with FBD, Savvy, and Jerry would be fun

It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Anyone is welcome to play with me at anytime. Send me an invite. If I'm in Theator mode I may not come right away because I'm in the middle of something. FBD found this out last night. I was recording and then went straight to bed. Sorry FBD.

Parties are on a first come first serve basis. Most of us like 6 man teams better so when it fills up, that's it.. It's hard to include everyone all the time. I play by myself sometimes because all the parties are temporarily full. Some of the time the parties are fairly similar from night to night. I usually play with people that are getting online when I am or people that were already online when I signed on. Some people that have been in the clan for a while, I haven't played with in a long time. It doesn't mean that they are not active, just just means that's the way the parties worked out.

That's one reason I made all the usergroups. So that if you like hardcore you add hardcore people, if your in central you add central people. I play with people from every time zone. I haven't played with many UK people in a while though.

I have deleted several members that I haven't seen online in ages to make room for new guys. I'm not saying that there isn't some sort of favoritism when picking parties.. I'm sure that there is to some extent, but I personally start at the top of the list and go down. The more people that are online, the less likely I am to send Winicott a friends invite. Nothing personal I'M JUST SAYING. I like Wini, but sometimes that list gets long and I'm lazy.

There are 100 active people on my friend list at all times. I can only play with 5 sometimes 8 of you at any given time. I blame it on TreyArc. Damn you TreyArc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:03 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
IThe more people that are online, the less likely I am to send Winicott a friends invite. Nothing personal I'M JUST SAYING. I like Wini, but sometimes that list gets long and I'm lazy.

And yet we seem to play together at least one time a week. Surprising.

With a user name that starts with a 'W' I usually assume that if you sent me an invite you really really want to play with me. Never thought of this when I made the name...

By the way, your T name is not exactly at the top of the list either Dave.

Rock on and see you in game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:13 pm

I never thought of it but maybe thats why I am always clicking to join Audiopile's games
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:50 pm

Honestly im hesitant to add newer guys lately. Its not that i dont want to play with and meet new people at all its just the majority of them vanish after joining. So many times ive added newbies to my list and played a few matches with them only to never play with them again. Its not from lack of trying on my part either. I cant count how many times i sent invites and never got responses. By looking at the friends list alot of them seemed to be playing by themselves or at the main menu 99% of the time. Why join a clan if you arent going to play with it??? I know someone will say maybe they could be playing with other 30's i dont have on my list but logic is if i have around 90-100 friends that are 30's and they arent playing with them it means they are running solo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:46 pm

I imagine that activity on the forum is an indicator of how likely some one is to play with the clan.

I also question everyone's understanding of backing out of a lobby and regrouping. I was playing with a group of guys earlier this evening heard someone backing out after a match so I did as well, tried to join back up and the server was full. I managed to pop back into the lobby but on the opposing team. The party had gone from 6 to 2.

People are pretty good about telling the clan when they are leaving. Sometimes we need to break apart and regroup immediately after a match. I don't think I am doing a very good job of explaining this. Perhaps someone more eloquent can help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:21 am

kjcolby1978 wrote:
I never thought of it but maybe thats why I am always clicking to join Audiopile's games

Dang. I thought it was because y'all liked me Razz

I don't form parties right now because I have moderate NAT, so I'm not really sending out invites either. That should be the party leader's job anyway to control the numbers.

I also play alot with the same guys because I am used to their style, I like them and we do well together. Every now and then a new guy comes along and seems to "fit in" with how I like to play. No offense, everyone gets a fair chance and I won't ignore you (except one guy, we can work it out later).

Honestly in real life I don't have 100 friends, nor do I want to, so I don't see why the game should be any different. Shit I'm gonna take heat for this.

What I'd like to see the some of the newer guys finding each other and building some of the strong teams like the older guys have over the last 8 months.

I want to address chef's point as well, in an indirect way. We've talked about this 7th person topic several times in the past but it is still a tough one to deal with IRL. It has happened here and there that as a party backs out to regroup a new person hops in making the sixth guy now the 7th. It's only fair that the newest member(to the party, not the clan) leaves the party even though they may not look like the 7th they really are. Most all of the guys in the clan are so friendly they hate to say anything to the new guy and we end up in a shitty ground war, result - no one is happy. We gotta speak up if this is the case and no one should feel slighted. It has happened and will happen to all of us.

<3 audiopile

Last edited by audiopile on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:05 am

I think it is important that new members should not be afraid to add people or invite people for playing games. This will build your team with people that are most likely to play the same times you do. I'm more than willing to join lobbies but sometimes a lot of people are playing so than I usually go with the first one that invited me and join them for some games.

When I don't respond to an invite it's either because I am allready in a lobby with someone from the 30's or just kicking @$$ in the game which will make me join up later. When there's enough people for groundwar but a lot of people are on it's easier to split the group up into 2 for 2 six-man teams (we have the numbers for it).

It might be good than for some of the 'older' 30's to just show the new guys how we play. It's key that we dont become a victim of our own succes with the numbers we're building up in this clan.

When I just joined the clan the first thing I did was sent everyone an invite from my usergroup. I think this is the most important thing to do (I know sometimes the list is long) but it will truly benefit you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:29 am

Tema wrote:
I think it is important that new members should not be afraid to add people or invite people for playing games. This will build your team with people that are most likely to play the same times you do. I'm more than willing to join lobbies but sometimes a lot of people are playing so than I usually go with the first one that invited me and join them for some games.

When I don't respond to an invite it's either because I am allready in a lobby with someone from the 30's or just kicking @$$ in the game which will make me join up later. When there's enough people for groundwar but a lot of people are on it's easier to split the group up into 2 for 2 six-man teams (we have the numbers for it).

It might be good than for some of the 'older' 30's to just show the new guys how we play. It's key that we dont become a victim of our own succes with the numbers we're building up in this clan.

When I just joined the clan the first thing I did was sent everyone an invite from my usergroup. I think this is the most important thing to do (I know sometimes the list is long) but it will truly benefit you.

Well put Tema
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:55 am

I think new guys should wait to be invited and find their own nooby 30 friends before just jumping into our lobbies uninvited, for example I won't mention any names... but this new Dutch guy keeps jumping into our lobbies and stealing our kills without so much as a please or thank you. If your gonna jump into lobbies with the original 30 members plz don't make them look bad by killing all the enemy team before they get to us. Manners Children Manners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:41 am

There's people like that in each clan killface, I know it sucks to deal with these people but if it's Dutch I'll mute straight away. What is that jibberish language anyway!! Go learn a real language like swahili!

Next time it happens you should just shout: Know your place mortal! And how good can that guy be anyway I bet he's happy to just get a spyplane up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:48 am

It has all been said but I will put in my two cents worth, I only back out if the connection is really really bad or if it is to regroup because the whole party didnt get in. We have handed ou some beatings(200-26 last night on ground war) so it is only fair to stay and take it like a man.

And Tema I think us true europeaners should stick together against the pound spending bunch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:55 am

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
I cant count how many times i sent invites and never got responses. By looking at the friends list alot of them seemed to be playing by themselves or at the main menu 99% of the time.

I am guilty of sitting at the main menu... if thats a problem for everyone let me know and I will shut my system down when I am not there...

In my case a general rule of thumb is if I am actually on, I am in a game one way or another, if I am at the main menu, I am not there...

When I come on I do look at my message box at invites and generally have a good dozen or more, which is greatly appreciated! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 am

If there's anything worse then a Cylon... It's a frakking Dutch Cylon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:29 am

Nah KJ dont worry it wasnt you i was refering to. Its the times ive seen a newbie running solo so id send an invite or 2 and they would either go back to the main menu and sit there or jump in for a few seconds then just leave for no reason. Most of them mic'd too yet wouldnt hear a peep from them. A few minutes later id see them running solo again so it makes me think to myself why even bother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:42 am

Sadly I feel the exact same way Nixon does. I have stopped adding people altogether for the exact reasons he stated Ill add then invite see them once and never see them again. Ill accept invites as well as friend requests just dont send out friend requests anymore. As for the person who feels like only certain people get invited it isnt even like that but let me explain. When a party starts people are invited not only by the party leader but members of said party once it get close to six it is either closed or set to invite only to stop more than required because we all know once we go into GW the party is going to disband anyways so why even bother. Hope this helps! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:46 am

I try to play a bit with all the new members. I usually only get on 2-3 nights a week so I am not a regular like some which makes it more difficult to play with them all. I do agree that it is on the new members to send out invites to members in their usergroups and make an effort to play with the clan. If they don't do that then they are truely missing out on a good time.

I also agree with Killface. What is up with these new guys just popping in and taking all the kills. Very Happy How dare they be better than I and ensure that I am forever stuck at the bottom of the leaderboard. I am glad to see the new guys and gals and hope to continue seeing them integrate into the clan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:48 am

In order to make things go smoothly I've decided that I'm just going to kick the 7th man from my parties if you sneak in before I lock it. Sorry in advance. Very Happy

I can't subject my crew to ground war. (Looking out for you Audio.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 am

Crazy idea: Have a seasoned x30x "mentor" the new guys and show them how we do things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:52 am

Isn't it the responsibility of the established x30x to openly welcome the new guys and not turn them away...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the Deal with our BO parties ???
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next