Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

What is the Deal with our BO parties ???

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:52 am

Isn't it the responsibility of the established x30x to openly welcome the new guys and not turn them away...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:10 am

MANIC wrote:
Crazy idea: Have a seasoned x30x "mentor" the new guys and show them how we do things.

I nominate FBD first, JSavvy second...

that will chase away new members in a hurry Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 am

Sink or Swim, Bitch... LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:19 am

If I'm on you can send me a invite. This is to anyone. I've been sent invites and been the 7th person to join and jump back out. It will happen from time to time. In the past 8 months I've seen some people run with the same people over and over. That doesn't bother me, maybe they work well together. We do need to run in or region more often to get a feel for each other. When we have clan battles. I have been in some games and we got or ass handed to us. I didnt back out unless it was a group decision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
In order to make things go smoothly I've decided that I'm just going to kick the 7th man from my parties if you sneak in before I lock it. Sorry in advance. Very Happy

I can't subject my crew to ground war. (Looking out for you Audio.)

I am with you and putting folks on notice that I will be kicking the 7th member of a party I am hosting. It has been said on here and in matches 1,000 times that GW sucks and we don't want to play it, that means the 7th guys needs to man up and leave or he gets kicked.

As far as mentoring new guys, I do it every night I play with a new guy. I send invites to whomever is online new or old. The new guys have more than enough info to read on our site to get up to speed quickly.....sink or swim? No, but I think as a clan we do our best to make them feel at home, if a few new guys get butt hurt well then they need to man up and not take it personally when we do not want to run GW with 9 guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:29 am

Actually last night first time that I've party up with Savvy, and he didn't rage quit.Pretty big accomplishment for him, or did I just happen to leave too early?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:34 am

All right...this is me not being sarcastic.....Savvy, you are one of my Heroes here. (no homo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks FBD, apprecaite it.

It's true we have the numbers so there should be no issues with guys using the usergroup info to find enough guys to get a group together during their play times, they just need to make the effort.

I think we need a sticky and locked intro post in a fresh fish (jsavvy idea) forum that outlines how to build a friendlist, find other 30 members, and a few of our game tips? It should be put at the top of the area where all the fresh fish are introducing themselves.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:45 am

I would enjoy partyin up with CE guys, but most of the time,we don't have enough on at a certain time to accomplish that. It doesn't matter to me who I play with, because I refuse to run solo.I will literally sit at the main menu watching and waiting on you guys to return from a gameto try and jump in.I too have backed out numerous times from being #7 ,but that's part of the game.So be it.Last night, I backed out so 2 new members could play with the veterans of the clan, just like the same veterans did for me when I first joined.The veterans are the reason why this clan is growing everyday, and I respect them for it. Im glad to call 30 home.

PS. If Im at the main menu, Im waiting for an invite.LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 am

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
Actually last night first time that I've party up with Savvy, and he didn't rage quit.Pretty big accomplishment for him, or did I just happen to leave too early?

We played last week a few times during the day. Don't let these clowns fool you I only quit when the connection is 2 bars or less or the lag and hit detection is way off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:59 am

jsavvy wrote:
FiremanLFD525 wrote:

We played last week a few times during the day. Don't let these clowns fool you I only quit when the connection is 2 bars or less or the lag and hit detection is way off.

or when someone keeps triple capping Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:17 am

kjcolby1978 wrote:
jsavvy wrote:
FiremanLFD525 wrote:

or when someone keeps triple capping Twisted Evil

I triple capped 3 times last night because we were losing our spawn flag.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:28 am

audiopile wrote:

I think we need a sticky and locked intro post in a fresh fish (jsavvy idea) forum that outlines how to build a friendlist, find other 30 members, and a few of our game tips? It should be put at the top of the area where all the fresh fish are introducing themselves.

I wrote a little guide. It is stickied in the intro section. I left it unlocked so that other members could add ideas to it. Then I can update the original post.

@ Fireman, you may have better luck sitting at the party screen or private match (it'll say in pre-game).
If I'm away from my console, I leave it at the main menu. Which alot of people do the same. So I don't invite MM guys often, (because they are usually not playing).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:32 am

I guess I should look before suggesting hey SN0WR1DER? +1 repped, there is some red on there for some reason Evil or Very Mad

And yeah, MM for when you are taking a time-out, and party screen if you're looking to get in a match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 am

Ya I saw that....I thought WTF?!?! someone neg repp'd me for that? I wish I knew who........

I'd noobtube second chance teabag their ass.... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:45 am

Agreed. Savvy really only rage quits when it is bad. Lately he has been quitting less from what I can tell. He also post way better stats than when he was quitting a lot. Most of the slamming here is ribbing, esp when it comes to savvy.

I think there is a balance here somewhere. There needs to be a welcoming atmosphere so we continue to add new members. We need to continue to add new members to make up for attrition of old members.

Part of the reason I stayed was because it was OK to suck and people still invited me to games. We played together and eventually learned to be pretty good for a group that has no formalized practices, but I joined in December or something. 10 months later of 2 hours a night with the same guys can do that.

How can we replicate that? I don’t think we can.

I feel like I need to warn against booting the 7th member. I want to play with “My Guys”, that is the 15 or so who I usually play with who unless there is a lobby being hosted from the basement of a 3rd world nation we win. The problem with this is new people will not feel welcome. I think back to when I started and if people were booting me I probably would have quit. Now I am no superstar player, but I play the objective and put the team before my own stats which ensures I will always have people to play with. I am assuming that is the new guys could do this then we would want them on our teams. The new guys likely want to, but cant yet since they have no idea what teamwork 30 style looks like. What a productive callout sounds like. I fell like I have an obligation to the new members to teach them how to play like us before I shun them.

This thread in and of itself is a deterrent to new members. The old school guys who people look up to in a way/want to play with are talking about booting guys who are eager to join and only want to learn to play on a Team and enjoy success in BO as well.

I like the idea of new person mandatory reading so they know how we do things. The only drawback is when I first started I had no idea how the maps looked or how they ‘worked’. That took a lot of time. Do they new people triple cap because they don’t know where they are on the map? I know I used to run around and was like “Oh hey! Here is a flag and no one is around! I will cap it!” Thinking nothing of the spawns, the strategy, where the bad guys were and all that other stuff that we now understand to be important.

How do we integrate quality new people into an established system? Most middle mangers will let you know that there is a lot of training involved.

I like the idea of mentors to give the lowdown. Who is willing to give up their game time to run with a new person? How do we determine what that looks like? I used to do this in another game I played. I did new person screens and some of the mentoring and TBH it took a lot of time and effort. Do we have one new guy in a lobby of 5 old timers just so they can see what it looks like?

I think people should look at how other clans that have been in the game for a long time handle this. The 55’s have a system that is a little like what we are talking about. That system was the exact reason I came to this clan instead, but maybe a good starting place to figure out how we want to handle this the 30 way. Your membership is probationary until 6 weeks and then the senior member council votes on if you join or not as a full member. They look at things like log in time, posting on the site, time spent with players in game. I am not sure how strict they are. I know they only ever have 55 active members…

Is this really the way we want to go? A more restrictive entry process?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 am

You know Wini that's not a bad idea. +1 for you. How about for those that are in parties go ahead and invite 1 or 2 new guys to run alongside the Vets? Not only do they get to know us quicker, but also see and hear how we do gametypes and communication.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
I like the idea of mentors to give the lowdown. Who is willing to give up their game time to run with a new person? How do we determine what that looks like? I used to do this in another game I played. I did new person screens and some of the mentoring and TBH it took a lot of time and effort. Do we have one new guy in a lobby of 5 old timers just so they can see what it looks like?

Great idea. I think this is necessary to continue the growth of the clan.

Winicott1001 wrote:
I think people should look at how other clans that have been in the game for a long time handle this. The 55’s have a system that is a little like what we are talking about. That system was the exact reason I came to this clan instead, but maybe a good starting place to figure out how we want to handle this the 30 way. Your membership is probationary until 6 weeks and then the senior member council votes on if you join or not as a full member. They look at things like log in time, posting on the site, time spent with players in game. I am not sure how strict they are. I know they only ever have 55 active members…

Is this really the way we want to go? A more restrictive entry process?

Absolutely not! The biggest attraction of the is clan was the lack of bullshit, probations, senior uber-chiefs, and crap like that. I am strongly against attempting a more restrictive entry process. I think the laws of nature and Darwin will be at work here and those that join the clan, sign up, and make an effort to send friend requests and join invites will stick around while those that sign up and float around will become one of the attrition statistics. I am totally willing to mentor any new member that would like to do so. I will attempt to make them feel very good about themselves and their skills by purposely sucking and allowing them to get all the kills. Very Happy
Nah, but I will train them on our tactics and techniques.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:37 pm

@Wini, I never said I only booted new guys that were the 7th member of my party, I would boot anyone that is 7th person. I have no issues running with new guys, why would I. I can see what you are saying that booting the 7th person sends the wrong message but any new guy can read a few posts here and get a CLEAR message that GW is frowned upon GREATLY. Hell we have enough lag issues with 6 man teams.

That said I am not here to rock the boat, I do what I can to help new members. I am willing to mentor if needed, but those that want the help need to speak up. Send me a PM, tell me when you see me online that you want me to walk through something with you, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:41 pm

I am fairly new on here but I gotta agree with bigdaddy, I joined because there was no bullshit involved in doing so.

If anyone wants to play with a select group just thin out your friendslist and you will get less invites.

I play on UK time at night and have most fun in the private matches we have, the bigger the lobby the more fun especially for gun game and free for all on small maps. It is barely controled chaos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Happy to see that I'm not alone in difficulties finding a party.

I'm taking a liking to the wager matches, so I just occupy my time with that until I get an invite. If no invite, well at least I got to shoot at pixels while waiting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:46 pm

franread5 wrote:
most fun in the private matches we have, the bigger the lobby the more fun especially for gun game and free for all on small maps. It is barely controled chaos.

Controlled Chaos is exactly right...I actually find that I'm better with that than a normal game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:58 pm

jsavvy wrote:
FiremanLFD525 wrote:

Or if we're losing Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 12:59 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:
jsavvy wrote:
FiremanLFD525 wrote:

Or if we're losing Wink

Um wrong! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
Agreed. Savvy really only rage quits when it is bad. Lately he has been quitting less from what I can tell. He also post way better stats than when he was quitting a lot. Most of the slamming here is ribbing, esp when it comes to savvy.

I think there is a balance here somewhere. There needs to be a welcoming atmosphere so we continue to add new members. We need to continue to add new members to make up for attrition of old members.

Part of the reason I stayed was because it was OK to suck and people still invited me to games. We played together and eventually learned to be pretty good for a group that has no formalized practices, but I joined in December or something. 10 months later of 2 hours a night with the same guys can do that.

How can we replicate that? I don’t think we can.

I feel like I need to warn against booting the 7th member. I want to play with “My Guys”, that is the 15 or so who I usually play with who unless there is a lobby being hosted from the basement of a 3rd world nation we win. The problem with this is new people will not feel welcome. I think back to when I started and if people were booting me I probably would have quit. Now I am no superstar player, but I play the objective and put the team before my own stats which ensures I will always have people to play with. I am assuming that is the new guys could do this then we would want them on our teams. The new guys likely want to, but cant yet since they have no idea what teamwork 30 style looks like. What a productive callout sounds like. I fell like I have an obligation to the new members to teach them how to play like us before I shun them.

This thread in and of itself is a deterrent to new members. The old school guys who people look up to in a way/want to play with are talking about booting guys who are eager to join and only want to learn to play on a Team and enjoy success in BO as well.

I like the idea of new person mandatory reading

-1 for mentioning Homework, not cool man at that point I zoned out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:23 pm

LOL Killface! Last time we played together you were directing people all over the map "Who has left? Who is running the flag? Who is defending right side? Why did you not say you were dead on the right?" With this in game mentality I figured you would have preferred that we watch YOUR videos and read the Dom thread to get the gist of what we do here. It was good times by the way. Will have to try to get more lunch play time with you. Connection not as bad as I thought for across the pond.

True, technically it is homework. BUT you yourself said you watched a lot of videos to see how others played. Sounds like self imposed homework to me Smile When I started I read everything, watched everything, took all sorts of acvie to get better. There is precious little out there on team strategy. I would have loved a play book on how to play Dom as a team.

I will not negative rep you but I will call you a Poopy Pants for neg rep to me. Razz

@Savvy Thanks for clarifying. What you say here makes sense to me. Maybe we need to add to SN0R1DERs thread about not getting butt hurt if you get booted for being 7th man.

@N8 & Savvy I think as part of the New Fish thread we need to add a list of people who are willing to help new members in the ways you describe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the Deal with our BO parties ???   What is the Deal with our BO parties ??? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the Deal with our BO parties ???
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next