Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Empty
PostSubject: Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)   Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Well before I even heard of scuf I had made my own controller with drop and jump shots. The other adjustments are not that difficult and instead of what scuf charges the parts are like $10.

Not my tuts but they are what I followed to make one.

Parts needed.
4-40 set screws Qty 2
4-40 Hex head screw Qty 2
4-40 Flat head screw Qty 2
4-40 Tap
Drill bit for 4-40 non tapped hole
Drill bit for underside button holes
Drill
Soldering iron
Solder
Wire (I use old FDD and HDD cables)
Tactile switches with long post Qty 2
Lexan strip or sheet
Sandpaper (I use 320 grit)
hex wrenches
T8 Torx driver
Wired or Wireless 360 controller
Nail or some form of punch
PS3 style thumb stick

Step 1: Take the controller apart. I'm not going into details on this since there are tons of guides on this.

Step 2: adding set screws and trigger stops

Remove the lower shell and find the indentation for the trigger buttons on the inside towards the center. This is where we are going to drill the holes for the set screws. The set screws themselves push against a flat area on the triggers. As you turn the screw in this pushes the trigger down allowing you to set its rest position. Use your punch tool to mark an area so the outside edge of the drilled hole will be at the lowest indention. See the following picture for details.

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) ODxou

Once the hole is drilled use the 4-40 tap to cut threads in the hole. Be sure to cut them from the front of the controller face.

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) P9MBb

Now mark a spot to drill on the trigger buttons bottom with the punch or nail to drill a hole for the stops. I did this at the bottom of the trigger where there is a flat spot but still placed it towards the front of the trigger. Note you do not need to remove the trigger. My triggers were already drilled so I grabbed a spare one for this tutorial.

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) PCBUC

Drill out the hole and tap it.

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) LHSC8

Step 3 Bottom buttons.

I'm not going to go into detail on this too much since there are tutorials out there on adding buttons to the bottom of the xbox controller.

You need to drill 4 holes. The two at the top are drilled and tapped for 4-40

The bottom needs to be drilled out to allow the tactile switch posts through.

Distance between the holes should allow enough room for the lexan paddle to come into contact with the switch easily.

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) 9mKHx

Step 4 under paddles.

Cut 2 lexan strips 11/32 x 2"1/8. Sand the edges smooth and round the ends with sandpaper. Also here's a tip if you want super smooth plastic. Perform a final sand of the lexan with fine steel wool. Wet the steel wool if you want a slicker surface.

Sand one end of the lexan strip so it has a flat angle on it. This will raise the paddle above the tactile switch when screwed into place Once complete drill a hole in with the bit used for the tactile switches.

NOTE: If you wanted you could add a second hole below the first and use 2 flat head screws to secure the paddles more securely.

Also I used lexan since it is not prone to breaking when flexed.

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) XoKLY

Step 5 Putting it all together.

Reassemble the controller. if you like you can install a PS3 style thumbstick on the right analog and remove the rumble packs

Bottom

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) K9sG5

Prior to inserting the setscrews sand the bottom to remove the cutting lip of the screw. This helps prevent damage where they come into contact with the trigger

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) DfWzU

Front assembled

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) LuZLG

In this picture you have the contacts for the "a" button. There are two circles, one red and the other yellow. each color goes to one side of your button that you will add. now when the new button is pushed the red and yellow connect making the "a" function happen.

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) MK3my

this section is for the "x,y,b" buttons and is the same setup as the previous, the only difference is that all three of these buttons will have a common connection on one side. The common point is circled in green. So if you wanted to add and extra "y" and "x" buttons then each button would have the corosponding red circled connection going to one side of the two new buttons. the remaining prong on each button will be connected to each other, then connected to the common point. I hope this all makes sense,...Im not very good at explaining things like this.

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) JTzIz

You can use these but I recommend 6x6x7mm tact switches if you can find them. I used the ones I am linking to and they come in a pack of 4.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3014504
Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) 1gnQa

Last edited by M I S S I L E R on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)   Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:34 pm

I would love to see a break down of this on a PS3 controller, Missiler?
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)   Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 pm

PS3 is a bit more complicated. If I had a scuf for PS3 I would check it out but I only have one for xbox.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT

PostSubject: Re: Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)   Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:08 pm

Nice breakdown scott +1 for u scott
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

PostSubject: Re: Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)   Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm

lol i tried a year ago to add rapid fire to my controller....ended in a trip to walmart for a new controller
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)   Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)   Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:51 am

excellent work scott

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)   Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make your own Scuf Style Controller (XBOX 360)
Page 1 of 1