Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Scuf Controller

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew what the warranty period is on them. I am having issues with mine. Its a wired one and telling me to "Please re-connect the controller to the Xbox" I have changed the usb port that it was plugged into as well as checked all the connections and still having issues.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 5:24 pm

Never had a problem with mine! Give them a call or email them I'm sure they will take care of it!
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 8:58 am

No no they won't I got an email reply last night their warranty is only for 90 days. Really? 90 days?? I spent over 120 bucks on a controller and they only have a 90 day warranty, I would have expected at least a year. Well never again. I will talk with a friend that has experience in taking apart controllers for repairs and see if he can replace the wire on mine since that is the problem there is a break in the wire.

Last edited by TydenWolf on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Horst Schist

Horst Schist

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 9:22 am

I was thinking of looking into this too. Mine will be a year old soon and not only has the rubber grip on the PS3 stick worn off, but one of the paddle switches is starting to get a little sticky. Too bad the warranty period is so short. Guess I will just have to pay for those repairs.
Back to top Go down
chavarlison

chavarlison

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Or buy a new one exactly the same as your old one, wait about 1-2 weeks, clean the old one to look as new as can be and return for either a replacement or for a full refund. Twisted Evil

It's not exactly ethical or even legal but you can always say that you thought it was the new one instead of the old controller you were returning. My take on it, these things were built for less than $15 bucks, I'd even go as high as $30 maximum to manufacture one. They should warranty the suckers for a year at that price.
Back to top Go down

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 pm

easy repair job but should try taking the nylon braiding sheath of an old hdmi cable or buy a lenth too protect the wire and stop it from twisting so easily .if your attempting to solider it youll need a low watt iron and low heat solider .a gas solider pen is good for that as you dont want a high heat destroy any the circuts in the head. i had the same problem come to me with normal wireless controllers that needed a replacement battery .....hope you have good luck whatever
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:28 pm

I just scuffed (sort of) an old controller I just added the trigger stops I am getting a tool kit to take apart all the controllers and systems and I will be scuffing controllers locally for a fraction of the cost once I get everything in line. Trigger stops = 60 cents vs 120.00 controllers who wins now?
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:34 pm

You jerk! Mine was wearing out so I just reordered a new one last week!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Never heard of this type of stuff, I may have to get me one. Is it worth it compared to the normal wireless controllers?
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Migs, the last thing you need is more of an advantage on us! If you have an extra controller laying around send it on to Tyden!

Drop shot bitch!!!!
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:36 pm

I may have to if Tyden would want to do it - I have about 6 of these controllers that me and my kids use but they are all regular - wouldn't mind having one with some perks
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Tyden, can you somehow put a slow-mo on Mig's left trigger by chance? lol!
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 6:09 pm

haha I was looking for the topic that I posted about the Sabertooth controller but I ran into this one. it's really not that hard to do by yourself. The hardest part is to get the proper bit for the screws. I did what Gun did was cut the springs down to give me the hair trigger as for the buttons on the bottom I really never used them all that much I just miss the triggers and on my Sabertooth which is having issues and I am pissed because I mailed mine in for an RMA is taking so damn long because of the same issue with the wire but they can't just send out a replacement. I have made myself a promise I AM NEVER BUYING ANOTHER controller that is not from Best buy and I am getting the Black tie protection on it so no problem returns and instant gratification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scuf Controller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf Controller   Scuf Controller Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scuf Controller
Page 1 of 1