Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...

Go down 
+16
TheZeroDivide
BlackDeath
brninitdwn
Doamne01
NukeLaCoog
SwollenCamel
walldoggy
Dubious Baller
chemojay
Cenobia
birddotcom
Dirty Koi
Repo_Dog
TripleAce Andy
Danoma08
HcMaximus
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Sounds good to me.

I'm going to go with what I think is going to be the best value overall whenever I make a final decision.

#1 will be the quality of the experience while I game

This was my #1 priority this past gen as well. The one with the best features and games will get my play time in the end....it always does.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Agreed, probably why we have both Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:33 am

It's funny, I was speaking with someone today who asked me something similar to what Baller brought up above about people looking over the information and how many that would take. The question would have been mostly valid a decade ago, but we already have programs that can recognize your face, that can sort through data and ascertain your mood, and that can comb through combined visual and textual information and tie all of the various sources to together. I understand the thought process and how difficult it would seem to be, but it's like comparing how a car was manufactured in the '40s with how they are now and asking how many people it took to create that volume; back then it took a team to make one car and now it takes a few to create many.

As far as the Kinect being connected or not: if it cannot be removed from the system without the system being aware, then it is always on; otherwise, one could plug an empty plug into the port and there would be no way for the system to know if it's the Kinect or an empty plug. Microsoft has been adamant that the Kinect must always be connected, whether it's "on" or "off", meaning the system is aware of the Kinect and must have communication with it. It is known that phones that are "turned off" can still be accessed for audio (meaning probably video as well) unless you fully remove the power-source, why would you believe that the Kinect would be any different?
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:29 am

Well one of these days the government or a company will just micro chip us all because it is the future. or the benefits out way the compromise of your rights !
Hell they will just make you have it !
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:36 am

I was trying to be a little funny when I was talking about people watching. I understand the technology. My jest was that people were talking like there would actually be someone spying on you, watching you jerk off or have sex or shoot up heroine or whatever it is you do in your living room. If the kinnect spies and that is an if. It would be doing so no differently than your phone or other devices does. I have not seen anyone take a stance against their smart phone and we already know it spies weather it is on or off through voice and camera and it is with you all the time not just when your in the living room. I'm just saying. If you want to take a stance for right to privacy there are much bigger fish than kinnect to fry and your phone is at top of the list.I just think its funny that so many people come on a forum on their spying computer and protest kinnect possibly spying while their spying phone with camera is probably on their person.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:46 am

My cell phone isn't "always listening" the video isn't spying on me in the dark with infrared monitoring my heartbeat detecting the most miniscule facial expression. Kinect is significantly different than any laptop or cell phone. If you want that in your home, feel free to get it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 11:59 am

smart phones can be accessed and listened in on and through camera can be watched. Although there is not someone standing there doing it 24 / 7. There are agencies that can tap into it as they wish. Kinnect would be no different. There would not be someone watching 24 / 7 but if the right agency wanted to tap into it they probably could. I am not trying to say its right Im just saying in the big picture of spying kinnect is nothing more than a speck of what is out there. In fact if you have taken the plunge to a smart TV its already in your living room, and as far as infra red in your house there is an entire network of satelites that can pick up way more than kinnect can. If this is the one thing you don't want with all the other stuff out there don't get it. Im just saying don't be fooled and think your right to privacy exist because you don't have a kinnect. We have long lost that.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:38 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:41 pm

rfid technology is going to make you trackable 24/7......365......and they ain't gonna have to implant a damn thing in your body to do it.

And eventually, you ain't gonna have any choice about it. Rfid tags will be in nearly everything eventually, so much so that you may not even need cashiers as you will walk into a store, all products will have rfid tags (cheapo versions), you pick it up and walk out the door. When you walked in your debit card was rfid scanned......your purchases were auto scanned on exit and charged to your credit card.

Now, anytime you stake that sack past any rfid reader, your position is recorded. They are just going to put one in select things and readers in select places and then they will have the "ability" to track your movements no matter what you do as long as you drive a car with a rfid or your briefcase has one.....or eventually, your freaking shirts and shoes and packs of bubble gum.

Oh, it is coming too....
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Kind of the point of the fight !!!!!!!

And I'am done with this point less one !
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't disagree with fighting this issue, I don't believe we can win but that doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. Im just saying that people are picking on kinnect yet buying all the other stuff, That is what I don't understand, why not boycott smartphones? there is no big uproar when those came out and still are not today and way more people have them and they are much worse intrusive on privacy. I am just trying to understand why so many people go along with all the other tech without a word that spies on you and yet put up such a fit that in its worst case can only watch and listen in room of your home. While so much worse stuff you owns follows you everywhere you go.
Back to top Go down
brninitdwn

brninitdwn

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:00 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
Hey, I'm as anti big government as anybody you'll find.  I've actually voted for the Libertarians the past 3 election cycles.....because I can't stand big brother......money where my mouth is and whatnot.  If people are really scared of big brother then how in the world do we end up with these past elections/candidates?

A little off subject but there are so many people that don't think they have a choice but to vote for (or against is what I have noticed) one of two people because the media doesn't cover third parties and whatnot but I'm the the same boat as you there! I've never voted for anyone other than the Libertarian nominee because they were the only ones I felt I could vote for nearly everything they stood for.

Anyways back to the point I'll echo some here and say I'm not getting it just because of the camera/sound being always plugged in. Just because we are being conditioned to having a lack of privacy with devices these days doesn't mean I will willingly give any more. If I hadn't bought the Android phone almost 3 years ago I wouldn't have one but these days I am showing with my wallet what I will/will not stand for. Even if it doesn't make that much of a difference in the big picture I'll be able to sleep well at night knowing that I have done everything in my power to have the peace of mind that I can scratch my junk on the way to bed at night without anyone watching. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.expertpcnc.com https://www.youtube.com/user/brninitdwn
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Repo_Dog wrote:

there is no pc . laptop that has a camera or a mic I can't dis connect in my house!
And cell phone's sense I refuse to have a ( smart phone) that I would not use! this maybe the only mic or camera in my house I do not have total control over and it cant see me in the lather protector poach !
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 9:41 pm

@bird

Unfortunately it's that "who cares" attitude that is whittling away at our liberties in this country. For me it's all a matter of principal. To me it's no different than a random stranger just walking into my house to sit off to the side and stare at me and my family with a notepad and pencil in his hands whilst jotting notes throughout the day. It's my house and only the people I want in there are going to be allowed.

@okra

A few issues ago Game Informer mentioned MS was planning on using the Kinect's "features" to provide feedback to developers including and not limited to the players facial expressions and mannerisms while playing. Some may claim that harmless but where does it stop? If I want my two cents heard then I'll send it direct to the parties intended. I don't need it relayed third party Smile

I will proudly wear my tin foil hat all the meanwhile clutching my guns as I glance up at the Don't Tread On Me flag in my yard Smile

At this juncture I have not pre ordered any new console and plan to wait it out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:29 am

birddotcom wrote:
The debate of being afraid of being "spied on" is just nonsense.  Who really cares.  Who has the time to monitor what someone does in there living room.  I sit on my ass, watch TV and play Call of Duty.  "They" caught me!!!

If that's your reason for not buying a the new xbox, you are one paranoid dude.  

Repo, your in your own class man, in trying to understand what you wrote, you just wish it was 1998 still.

This attitude right here is why companies get away with this shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheZeroDivideYT
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:22 am

BlackDeath wrote:
@bird

Unfortunately it's that "who cares" attitude that is whittling away at our liberties in this country.  For me it's all a matter of principal.  To me it's no different than a random stranger just walking into my house to sit off to the side and stare at me and my family with a notepad and pencil in his hands whilst jotting notes throughout the day.  It's my house and only the people I want in there are going to be allowed.

@okra

A few issues ago Game Informer mentioned MS was planning on using the Kinect's "features" to provide feedback to developers including and not limited to the players facial expressions and mannerisms while playing.  Some may claim that harmless but where does it stop?  If I want my two cents heard then I'll send it direct to the parties intended.  I don't need it relayed third party Smile

I will proudly wear my tin foil hat all the meanwhile clutching my guns as I glance up at the Don't Tread On Me flag in my yard Smile

At this juncture I have not pre ordered any new console and plan to wait it out.

This x100. At some point you gotta say enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Add my name to exactly what Blackdeath, Gun, Zero, Repo have said. The issue has many sides and most of them stem from the FACT that nothing is sacred. info that MS gathers to advertise, or develop better games or many other details that would be better for gamers can be used by others in a very negative way. The info gathering done by PRISM is the problem. We all know that very sophisticated profiling and separating programs already exist that monitor conversations etc for "Key words" to fight terrorism etc. Now, relax a min cause this may seem far fetched to some of you, but....
the possibilities could go in this direction....
Gun Bans is a hot issues. Lets say they ban AR type weapons completely and any handgun or weapon with a detachable mag or more than 12 round magazine. (All of which was proposed recently by Dianne Fienstien etc) also they require registration or confiscation of certain weapons (also proposed).  Lets say you refuse because you believe it is your God given right and the 2nd amendment to protect your life and family.
PRISM type programs collect data from MS, via your Kinect, and a sorting program is applied for Firearms. Once upon a time you cleaned you AR/handgun whatever in the living room and your "always on" Kinect saw it.  Guess who now has the authority, probable cause, evidence to knock on your door and demand compliance or punishment....
You claim you lost it, sold it, whatever, but don't have the "proper" paperwork.  THEY HAVE VIDEO EVIDENCE THAT YOU BROKE THE LAW. You would be charged with a FEDERAL crime because illegal possession of firearms is a federal crime.
Yes that's a little extreme to some of you possibly, but apply the same scenario to drug use maybe, or what if they pass an alcohol consumption, or tobacco use law because of the health care cost associated with it, etc...they may sound far fetched but if your honest with yourself, they really not.

I'm by no means a conspiracy theorist.  I'm a law abiding citizen, I haven't even had a speeding ticket since i was 17. I vote, I pay my taxes. I send letters to senators when i disagree with bills, or policies. I'm an active member or our democratic republic.
I have nothing to hide, so why do you need to look in my home, record my activities or anything else for that matter.
Leave me alone.

Rant complete.
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:28 am

The last 4 few posts are felt and echoed by many in the clan and the national community. But what I mentioned early on - I think - still applies:

TripleAce Andy wrote:

the masses will (and I don't blame them) continue to purchase and use the latest/new technology and majority of North America will continue to buy the XB1 regardless of the Kinect policy.

.. gaming is about playing with your friends online. If your network of friends has one console, you'll also buy it to play together.

Although it's logical that people vote with their wallets and buy PS4 if they don't agree with the mandatory Kinect purchase or always connected policy, the problem is that logic has never dictated actions of the masses. In the end a majority of gamers will go with XB1 and cover up the Kinect to game with the XB community.

I just hope MS comes to their senses and relaxes the mandatory monitoring policy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
Jman

Jman

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:54 pm

What a great thread and discussion. I remember attending a conference and one of the lecture topics was "Is Google Evil" and one of the points that the presenter made was, everyone loves technology, but if government was doing what Google, Apple, etc. there would be a great uproar. Unfortunately, the vast majority of folks, don't know what they don't know, as it relates to technology.
Back to top Go down
Spartan Runnerr

Spartan Runnerr

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:01 pm

The Difference and Issue with Tech companies vs. Gov. is simple. Motive.
I don't have a problem with Google or Bing or another search engine or Tech company keeping track of searches or purchases and targeting products and advertising to my interests. I actually prefer targeted marketing. If i have to see ads, at least i may be interested in something.
The difference is that a Gov. has power to do much much more with that info. When you boil it down, a corporation's end goal is just to make a buck. Our current Government feels more and more like its headed in a direction of Control.
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 1:12 am

Agreed.
You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Control_escape_comic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...   You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You worried about Microsoft Spying you... read this...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2