Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?

Go down 
+8
MoneyMan300
Dog_soildier
Nely
NukeLaCoog
walldoggy
xXx MiGs xXx
TheCanisDirus
Winners
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Empty
PostSubject: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:29 pm

I did not realize this.

Sony confirms players must hold PlayStation Plus subscription to take advantage of online features for next-gen games.

Gamers must hold a PlayStation Plus subscription to play PlayStation 4 titles online, Sony confirmed with GameSpot this evening.

PlayStation Plus subscriptions are currently offered for $50 per year.

Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida explained to GameSpot that the requirement is a response to the additional investment the company has had to make on the network side.

This approach is similar to that of Microsoft's Xbox Live Gold membership level, which is the only way to play games online and access other features like Netflix.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Yeah, unfortunately they went that route for "real" games like COD and Battlefield... but free to plays like Blacklight, Warframe, Planetside etc. you don't need any subscription to play online (b/c they're online only lol)... very cool.

Another cool thing is you don't need a PS+ account to record game clips, use services like Netflix in addition to the free to plays.  You do need a Gold account with Live to use the recording function and the apps like netflix. (as you mentioned with Xbox) (no hate here... just outlining it for peeps)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Yes.

It isn't a big deal. I haven't heard one complaint about it after all those years of.....nevermind.

They are going to offer some games that won't be part of that. Gun will let you know which ones. Games like CoD and BF will require PS+ though.

The PS4 does let you get to Netflix/whatnot without ps+ still.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm

I was just curious I doubt I will be getting a PS4 as when I had a ps3 I never played it much. I just didn't forsee them charging.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:42 pm

I think it was pretty well outlined at E3 to be required for online multiplayer and it's a non-issue for most people. As already mentioned, it's not a required element for single player games, or to use some of the other features of the PS4 like netflix, recording, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 5:50 pm

I just hope Sony gives us an online experience on par with live this generation. If were paying to play all the big online games and M$ is giving us dedicated servers on top of their (usually) stellar online service... Sony will have to improve a little.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 pm

A little! I would think a lot!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 6:49 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
I just hope Sony gives us an online experience on par with live this generation.  If were paying to play all the big online games and M$ is giving us dedicated servers on top of their (usually) stellar online service... Sony will have to improve a little.

Go back and watch the PS4 conference from today. They showed the UI and we know they will have party chat so it will be more than on par
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:37 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
I just hope Sony gives us an online experience on par with live this generation.  If were paying to play all the big online games and M$ is giving us dedicated servers on top of their (usually) stellar online service... Sony will have to improve a little.
Dedicated servers to host your own games. Not ranked matches
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:45 pm

BF3 has ranked matches on dedicated servers.

Titanfall will host "ranked matches" on dedicated servers on all Microsoft platforms as well.

Are you saying you wouldn't get xp in these matches? That is not the way BF3 works now. You get regular xp/unlocks on the rent a servers even.

Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 7:51 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:

Titanfall will host "ranked matches" on dedicated servers on all Microsoft platforms as well.

Are you saying you wouldn't get xp in these matches?  That is not the way BF3 works now.  You get regular xp/unlocks on the rent a servers even.

Misleading the witness

On top of that COD has to battle against BF4 right? Why only offer "DS" to one side of the consoles?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:02 pm

This guy is most likely just confused.

He should pick up Gears of War 3 and play it on the 360 to see how the "ranked matches" will work on console.

He's talking about BF3 dedicated servers on console that are ranked. Is he just completely unaware of things on the xbox?

Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
This guy is most likely just confused.

He should pick up Gears of War 3 and play it on the 360 to see how the "ranked matches" will work on console.

He's talking about BF3 dedicated servers on console that are ranked.  Is he just completely unaware of things on the xbox?

It was never announced that they will be ranked servers.

He shows the Dedicated Servers on the PC. They are not ranked servers. Assuming this is going to be the same on console.

(Jive is a gaming nut he plays on PC,360 and PS3)
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Did cod say they were doing rent your own sever if so this may happen depending on what is allowed as admin But if they rent your own sever prepair for being kick out of a games for just being better or if he thanks your better  admins on rent your own servers can and will do it !  happens to me fairly often on bf3 !

But I have heard nothing of rent or own your own severs for cod !
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 pm

If they are not ranked servers who cares. You would think if they were they would have announced it that way.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Nely wrote:
If they are not ranked servers who cares.   You would think if they were they would have announced it that way.
What do you mean by "ranked servers"? Like league play or server that you get XP and normal COD rank? If it's the later, they yes, ranked will be on dedicated servers.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 10:49 pm

Nely wrote:
FightingOkra75 wrote:

Are you saying you wouldn't get xp in these matches?  That is not the way BF3 works now.  You get regular xp/unlocks on the rent a servers even.

Misleading the witness

On top of that COD has to battle against BF4 right?   Why only offer "DS" to one side of the consoles?
Wow...just watched this and this guy is making all kinds of wild assumption. MW3 was not the "experiment" for this. He obviously does not like Xbox. Public match games will be hosted on MS Azure cloud servers as opposed to peer-to-peer hosting. When you pick Public Match, match making will put you into a lobby just past games....the difference is the game will be hosted on a cloud server instead of one of the Xboxes hosting.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:30 pm

I still haven't seen them state that they were going to "host" games on dedicated servers but that they were using dedicated servers for COD on the Xbox One. Are we certain that they are not meaning that they will use dedicated servers for match-making rather than game hosting? I really hope that it's true that they are hosting games on dedicated servers, I just haven't seen that explicitly stated anywhere.

If it is hosting COD games on dedicated servers and only the Xbox is doing this, then I will be getting Xbox Ones.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Majority of his gameplay is on the Xbox btw. I think this is what he saying. You will be using the cloud to host custom type games. Similar to the Friday night games that happen around here. Or like the custom games that the pros use when they stream.
As you would get no xp during these games. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
I still haven't seen them state that they were going to "host" games on dedicated servers but that they were using dedicated servers for COD on the Xbox One. Are we certain that they are not meaning that they will use dedicated servers for match-making rather than game hosting? I really hope that it's true that they are hosting games on dedicated servers, I just haven't seen that explicitly stated anywhere.

If it is hosting COD games on dedicated servers and only the Xbox is doing this, then I will be getting Xbox Ones.
Exactly and you would be eliminating maybe 75% of players assuming this is only on the Xbone.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:09 am

Nely wrote:
Majority of his gameplay is on the Xbox btw. I think this is what he saying. You will be using the cloud to host custom type games. Similar to the Friday night games that happen around here. Or like the custom games that the pros use when they stream.
As you would get no xp during these games. If that makes sense.
I get what he is saying, but he is just guessing and assuming. There isn't any reason that they wouldn't host everything on dedicated servers. What would be the point of using peer-to-peer for pub matches and only dedicated servers for customs? We will have to wait for more details to get real confirmation.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:11 am

Nely wrote:
Doamne01 wrote:

Exactly and you would be eliminating maybe 75% of players assuming this is only on the Xbone.
At this point it is Xbox One only. Sony didn't mention anything about it in their press conf. A large majority of the COD players on Xbox will most likely have an Xbox One by Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:34 am

DICE supplies servers for everyone. Why would IW just skip out on the other 3+ consoles?

Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 am

At this point, it seems to be time to sit-back and wait for everything to settle. In other words:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next