Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?

Go down 
+8
MoneyMan300
Dog_soildier
Nely
NukeLaCoog
walldoggy
xXx MiGs xXx
TheCanisDirus
Winners
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Doamne01

PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:08 am

At this point, it seems to be time to sit-back and wait for everything to settle. In other words:

Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:57 am

Nely wrote:
DICE supplies servers for everyone. Why would IW just skip out on the other 3+ consoles?

Rolling Eyes 
My guess is scale.  Outside of MS (Google and Amazon too), no one else has the #s host dedicated servers for a game like COD.  BF and a much small concurrent user population.  This is something that MS is offering to IW.  My guess that at some point Sony may be able to offer this as well with Gaika....but again scale may be an issue there.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 am

Wasn't this the thread regarding Sony requiring Playstaion Plus for "regular" online gaming? hahaha
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:24 am

Scale? I can understand them not going with dedicated servers on PS until Sony has a solution. But scale shouldn't exclude the 360. 300,000 servers. There are an abundance of resources to run dedicated servers for CoD. The problem is, IW & Treyarch don't want to absorb the cost and they aren't willing to let their customers pay for them either.

But, I believe that CoD will have dedicated servers for all consoles at some point. They are a strategic partner with Microsoft. MS has had lagging sales of their console to date. What better way to try and boost those sales than to reveal they are using dedicated servers on XB1. They can't come out and say that it will be available to all platforms yet because 360 users who have pre-ordered Ghosts now feel compelled to get XB1 for this service. As of 8/10 360 pre-orders were 3x higher than XB1. They also need to recapture some of the 360 guys who pre-ordered PS4. You can't do that if you launch DS for every console right now.

Here is how I see it going down. XB1 DS right now, 360 reveals DS close to launch day, PS reveals DS as part of their Gaikai release in Spring timed with the release of Destiny. But Sony will go 1 step further and allow users to rent their own servers if they choose to do so. A set up much like Battlefield.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:34 am

Are we guessing then?

My guess is.....dedicated servers for the xbox 1 for sure (announced).

DS for the 360 as well just to not piss off 360 users.

DS for the PS4 as well.

No DS for the PS3 as sony doesn't feel the need to pay for service to match the 360 but is forced to do so for the PS4 since it is the "next gen"
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 am

Nuke, I agree about the 360 and I would assume at some point DS will be available there...spring maybe. I sure part of it is to help driver XBO sales. Another part is to have a phased roll out instead of throwing a million concurrent user out there all at once. I doubt IW/Activision would allow a server rental on PS and not the Xbox...could be true for other games though.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 9:50 am

Oooo... i wanna play. Xbox One and PS4 dedicated servers... no current gen dedicated servers (i'm thinking this is the way it will be).

COD devs/pubs know their crazed hardcore community will HAVE to pick up ghosts on current gen as soon as Ghosts is released b/c it's a new COD and it's a compulsory buy for them. Then the rage of playing P2P on current gen makes the dedicated server next gen version a MUST buy... they're giving them a reason to spend an extra $10 bucks each through Activision or GameStop... everyone will upgrade to next gen Ghosts.

We'll see.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 am

MoneyMan300 wrote:
Nuke, I agree about the 360 and I would assume at some point DS will be available there...spring maybe.  I sure part of it is to help driver XBO sales.  Another part is to have a phased roll out instead of throwing  a million concurrent user out there all at once.  I doubt IW/Activision would allow a server rental on PS and not the Xbox...could be true for other games though.
There haven't been a million concurrent users on any CoD game since Black Ops so that will not be a problem. Even if there were it is a global calculation and since MS has 300k servers and a global presences it can easily handle the load. Infinite power of the cloud
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:10 am

gun fer hire wrote:
Oooo... i wanna play.  Xbox One and PS4 dedicated servers... no current gen dedicated servers (i'm thinking this is the way it will be).

COD devs/pubs know their crazed hardcore community will HAVE to pick up ghosts on current gen as soon as Ghosts is released b/c it's a new COD and it's a compulsory buy for them.  Then the rage of playing P2P on current gen makes the dedicated server next gen version a MUST buy... they're giving them a reason to spend an extra $10 bucks each through Activision or GameStop... everyone will upgrade to next gen Ghosts.  

We'll see.
And then next year, Sega announces that they're back in the console system game and their new offering, the PlayCast All-In-One, will be able to be upgraded during it's life-cycle component by component. The system will come with an integrated (but upgradeable) monitor with a 2ms refresh rate, all games will have dedicated servers, and they will use a Steam model to sell their games; the gaming community gives them all of the money.

After a year or so, the gaming community realizes that the PlayCast All-In-One is actually just a PC All-In-One, become so confused that they venture outside, and find that they are the central attraction in an alien zoo... Roll Credits!

Last edited by Doamne01 on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 10:13 am

FightingOkra75 wrote:
Are we guessing then?

My guess is.....dedicated servers for the xbox 1 for sure (announced).

DS for the 360 as well just to not piss off 360 users.

DS for the PS4 as well.

No DS for the PS3 as sony doesn't feel the need to pay for service to match the 360 but is forced to do so for the PS4 since it is the "next gen"
Good point about PS3 being free. For the 360 is isn't just about not pissing off the users, it is because the technology is there and 360 sales are going to be a huge part of their revenue stream. The real IW is doing it with Titanfall I would hope the leftovers could make it happen as well Smile
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 11:31 am

Ok, so back to Playstation +.  Anyone else SUPER EXCITED FOR IT?

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Nely wrote:
FightingOkra75 wrote:
BF3 has ranked matches on dedicated servers.

Titanfall will host "ranked matches" on dedicated servers on all Microsoft platforms as well.

Are you saying you wouldn't get xp in these matches?  That is not the way BF3 works now.  You get regular xp/unlocks on the rent a servers even.

Misleading the witness

On top of that COD has to battle against BF4 right?   Why only offer "DS" to one side of the consoles?
This guy is just straight ignorant{JiveTurkey}. I just watched the whole thing. There would be no reason for M$ to allow IW and Activision to use their cloud to host DS and not have them ranked. That would be a waste for EVERYONE involved. I mean a waste of time/money/etc. For one, the PC DS are hosted by other people or clans. They are able to change the "RULES" making kills worth more points. That is the reason for those servers "NOT" to be ranked. However when IW and M$ host them they are going to be standard servers with standard rules. So they will be RANKED.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Argh.  MS/IW haven't explicitly stated that they are ranked. That is what he is saying. If they are why not say they are. Why be vague.  Activision has been in bed with M/S for years anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:33 pm

NukeLaCoog wrote:
MoneyMan300 wrote:
Nuke, I agree about the 360 and I would assume at some point DS will be available there...spring maybe.  I sure part of it is to help driver XBO sales.  Another part is to have a phased roll out instead of throwing  a million concurrent user out there all at once.  I doubt IW/Activision would allow a server rental on PS and not the Xbox...could be true for other games though.
There haven't been a million concurrent users on any CoD game since Black Ops so that will not be a problem.  Even if there were it is a global calculation and since MS has 300k servers and a global presences it can easily handle the load.  Infinite power of the cloud
This series is in decline. No doubt about that.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Nely wrote:
Argh.  MS/IW haven't explicitly stated that they are ranked. That is what he is saying. If they are why not say they are. Why be vague.  Activision has been in bed with M/S for years anyway.
Clearly, you haven't been paying much to MSFT's communication skills recently. They can barely talk their way out of a paper bag, let alone explain the USP of the XB1 or any game they are selling. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Hmmmm idk... YouTuber could be right... seeing as how MW3 plays on PC - makes sense they'd "beta" it on MW3 and use it in Ghosts. They did just say hosting dedicated servers for online matchmaking. Might just be for custom games. We wont know shit until they clarify or show more.
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:32 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
Hmmmm idk... YouTuber could be right... seeing as how MW3 plays on PC - makes sense they'd "beta" it on MW3 and use it in Ghosts.  They did just say hosting dedicated servers for online matchmaking.  Might just be for custom games.  We wont know shit until they clarify or show more.
I guarantee you it will be ranked dedicated servers. I'm not sure why people reference MW3 PC. That's just a standard PC shooter setup. COD 4 PC had the same setup. Black OPs 2 PC has ranked dedicated servers.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Care to make a wager Wink 

No... jk... i'm poor
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:51 pm

There are the same or more people playing BO2 than there was MW3 at this time last year.  There were 200-250k on Xbox live over this last weekend (nights).  The notion that this is a dying franchise is laughable.  This has been the #1 played game on Xbox live every month for 5 straight years....and it's never close.   Most the time the #2 game is the previous years game.  There are still 4 COD games in the Xbox Live top 12 (BO2, MW3, BO, MW2).  I know people love to hate on COD, but this game is not dying.  There may have been a slight decline after MW2....but IMO only because you started getting some other games worth playing.

The 1 Million concurrent users number I threw out there was all platforms (PS3, 360, PC)...and is correct.  There were 500-700k at peak times in November/December on the 360.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:56 pm

Just because lots of people drink Coke doesn't mean it's a good beverage.

I think he was referring to the decline in gameplay/quality etc.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:07 pm

MoneyMan300 wrote:
gun fer hire wrote:
Hmmmm idk... YouTuber could be right... seeing as how MW3 plays on PC - makes sense they'd "beta" it on MW3 and use it in Ghosts.  They did just say hosting dedicated servers for online matchmaking.  Might just be for custom games.  We wont know shit until they clarify or show more.
I guarantee you it will be ranked dedicated servers.  I'm not sure why people reference MW3 PC.  That's just a standard PC shooter setup.  COD 4 PC had the same setup.  Black OPs 2 PC has ranked dedicated servers.
People are talking about this on Twitter and IW won't comment hmmm
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 pm

The reason for the MW3 servers that dude is connecting to are not ranked are because they are hosted by people Other than Activision due to this they are not ranked because they are able to be tweaked and settings changed such asPOINTS per KILL/capture/etc Thus allowing someone to instantly rank with a few kills. Servers such as M$ cloud based are owned by M$ and run by Activision or IW not private people that change the server settings. IF they allow private people to host the servers those I promise you will NOT be ranked. I have played everything from PC/Xbox/PS online games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
MoneyMan300

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:00 pm

gun fer hire wrote:

Hmmm....how do you judge something as good then? I don't drink Coke, because I don't like it. However millions/billions of others do, so it must be good to them. I play COD because I like it....if I didn't, I wouldn't play. I judge COD as good because of the number of repeat players....people continue to buy it year after year.....they must be doing something right.

As for the dedicated servers...we will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:30 pm

MoneyMan300 wrote:
gun fer hire wrote:

Hmmm....how do you judge something as good then?  I don't drink Coke, because I don't like it.  However millions/billions of others do, so it must be good to them.  I play COD because I like it....if I didn't, I wouldn't play.  I judge COD as good because of the number of repeat players....people continue to buy it year after year.....they must be doing something right.

As for the dedicated servers...we will just have to wait and see.
I guess I was referring to sales/gameplay/quality.  IIRC Black Ops 2 is the first Call of Duty game to not out sell its previous versions.  Anomaly or a new trend? ( Even having some of the best Zombie stuff ever.) Name recognition sells it and people like modern warfare type FPSs. There aren't many like it if any.  To me this is why I think Titanfall wwill be dead 3 or 4 months into its life cycle. If BF can't beat out COD TF hasn't got a
prayer.

As far as dedicated servers are concerned I would rather have dedicated developers.
Every year constant broken shit in these games. The timing is just right for a new ip to come in and make a new Modern FPS.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm

walldoggy wrote:
Nely wrote:
Clearly, you haven't been paying much to MSFT's communication skills recently.  They can barely talk their way out of a paper bag, let alone explain the USP of the XB1 or any game they are selling.  lol
Lol

We are instituting DRM.( Oops I guess we are not.)

You have log in online every 24hrs.( I guess you don't have to.)

No used games for you. (Well I guess you can have used games)

Kinect is required. Our system is built around it. (Nah it works without it)

Another little known factoid

If your Xbone gets a RROD or something like that. You will not be able to join or file a clsss action lawsuit. As Xbox terms include a waiver for the class action clause
Back to top Go down
Dog_soildier

Dog_soildier

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:08 pm

battlefield is defiantly growing in numbers
and cod is staying about the same so come so go!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/dogsoildier1?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?   PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 Requires Plus Subscription to Play Online?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next