Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Trutle Beach Headset broken wire

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Empty
PostSubject: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:00 am

Ok yesterday afternoon while playing with the UK guys and girl. Would have been their evening. My headset started cutting in and out. Have to move the cable around to hear people or to talk.

I do not want to go buy another set right now when I am planning on buying a wireless set in the future. Just waiting on the money.

So I am going to atempt to fix it myself. I believe the wire is broke where the cable goes into the left ear piece. Lastnight after a few struggles I managed to get the left ear piece apart (NOTE. the screws are under the ear padding just pull that off to get to the screws). I have the wires exposed now so I can start the process of stripping the wires and sodering them back togather. Just had to wait till I get to work so I have small enought tools. If this works fingers crossed will be back in buisness tonight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:29 am

i hope so shawn we are doing more fun filled stuff later tonight 9pm gmt Smile will be cool if you can join dude..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 am

I had lots of issues with my Turtle Beach headset, but not a broken wire. I snapped the plastic swivel piece on side so that the earpiece was left dangling. Fixed that sucker right up with duct tape. Then the other side snapped off too. Fix it up with duct tape too!

Now though, there was no swivel so the earpieces didn't fit snugly. My solution was to take a yoga stretchy band(basically a huge elastic band) and tie that sucker around my head like a bandana. In my head I feel I must look VERY close to Rambo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 am

Cerebus, That is quite a picture. Is is a pink stretchy? Just kidding, actually quite ingenious way of fixing it. When my first pair broke I just put the ear pieces in an old CVC helmet I had. Looked like a dork, and after awhile I got tired of looking like a tank driver so I got the Trittons. Havent had a problem with them for the last 6 months or so.

U404398- Good luck with the soldering. Hope you get it fixed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 am

Ok well an update. Went quicker then I thought it would. Not sure if that is good or bad. I am at work, cut cable back about 6 inches, stripped the wires, sodered and put new heat shrink on, reassembled, and tested the headset with computer. Only tested earphones, can hear music cheers and am able to adjust the sound.

IF all went well the only loss I should have is an evening of using my headset and about 6 inches (of cord that is).

Will test the headset tonight or this after noon. 4 or 430 ish EC time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 am

Shorty_-77-_ wrote:
i hope so shawn we are doing more fun filled stuff later tonight 9pm gmt Smile will be cool if you can join dude..

AS long as we can skip anything to do with sniper rifles and pistols. clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 am

U40 good luck wih the fix it job. Even if you do fix it I think you should wear them like Ardvark- attached firmly with a Yoga band.

N8-if I put the headphones in a helmet and my wife saw me I would have suffered for months. I maybe even would have been ordered to go buy headset just so she did not have to see me humililate myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:12 pm

I had issues with the mic boom snapping off. I called turtle beach and they sent me a new pair. Just needed to show a receipt, which of course I threw out. Good thing gamestop saves your purchase history. New set arrived in 2 days.

With most product quality issues, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You just have to be willing to put in a few minutes on the phone and sift through receptionists to get to a supervisor. I always tell them I love their products and would hate to have to buy the competitor's product...that usually disarms them. They are expecting you to be an angry dick and instead you surprise them with charm. Give it a shot.

Kudos on fixing it yourself though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:17 pm

When I was doing research for a headset, I kept hearing how the TBs would snap at the swivel, so I bought Tritton AX720s. Haven't been disappointed yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trutle Beach Headset broken wire   Trutle Beach Headset broken wire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trutle Beach Headset broken wire
Page 1 of 1