Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

It's BROKEN, folks

Go down 
+5
TheCanisDirus
DeathByAK
Psycho Reaper33
Grover 142
TydenWolf
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Horst Schist

Horst Schist

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Yup, it's a BF3 thread again.

I have decided that I will not be playing any more COD titles. Since there is a >30< server and there seems to be a fair amount of clanmates jumping off the BO2 bandwagon, I too will join you. I have missed playing with those of you that are also fed up with the multiplayer and hope to catch up with you soon.

It was the gameplay this weekend that finally convinced me. Too much lag, too many cheaters and 6-man teams of quickscopers/snipers. It's simply broken. So...BF3 it is.

I will be making my purchase this afternoon so please help me out. If all DLC is required to play on the server, no problem; will do. If not, how is it set up exactly? Which edition should I pick up?

Also, I skimmed the BF3 XBox Sticky and attempted to "sign in" on to the platoon (presuming it would prompt me to create an account) but was unable to do so.

Finally, I don't understand any of the jargon. Guess I will just have to jump into the fire, but perhaps one of the old hands would be willing to show me the ropes. Is it really difficult to get a full party of clannies? This would be the only disappointment for me, being unable to party up.

P.S.: I'm ready to fork over some MS points as well, but how exactly? Do I just use XBL and Mav's GT?

OK, hope to see you tonight.
Back to top Go down

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 4:41 pm

I bought my copy of the BF3 Premium Edition (includes all released DLC and upcoming DLC) for 59.99 at Wal-Mart about 20 minutes ago.

I hope I don't end up playing this thing alone. BO2 is broken and at least half the matches are just unplayable right now for me. So BF3 here I come starting tonight. I also have Halo 4 if anybody ever gets interested.
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:43 pm

I will be on tonight. The only thing that I found that stinks about BF3 is that you can be split up if you try to join a game in a bigger party. Last night HerFireCat, Amymina, my son, and I all attempted to get into a game together and we did but the squad or party was split up to make sure that the teams where evenly numbered.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:07 pm

Will DEF be joining you! BF3 has been so much better... and as Tyden mentioned... the only downside is getting everyone on the same team. Can be a pain!
Back to top Go down

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Are yall using the battlelog? It says we can "form a platoon" and easily find and play with our friends online that way.

I made an acct on battlelog.

Almost finished downloading the last of the dlc (I think). I think I'm going to install the game to the hdd though and then I'll be online.

I really want to give the co-op thing a try tonight to get my feet wet a little and go ahead and unlock some weapons if anybody is interested. I should be on in about an hour or so.
Back to top Go down
Grover 142

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm

I haven't played Co-op in dang near a year. Grinding through for weapons which most reviewers call 'mediocre' is not my style. It's also slow as hell to load up the second mission, only to find that neither person knows how to fly a helicopter.

Get your feet wet with some generic team deathmatch to learn the controls, then into the conquest.

I'll try to hop on tonight if I can..I just got Skyrim with the new XBOX, I see that being a serious addiction there.
Back to top Go down
Grover 142

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Oh, and there is an over30 clan on Battlelog.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240990685967/

If that doesn't work, search for 'over 30'
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Yeah a few of us played today mid day. It was me gun, herfire, warfyst, and daddio

Mav can correct me if I'm wrong but the once was 30 server is now a 008 server. There was a stint where we went back over to COD and no one bothered contributing to the server rent any longer. We're still able to play on it but from time to time 008 has events on there.

It doesn't matter really there are 1000's of servers just in the East Coast list.

Basically get in a xbox chat party then anyone while in BF3 hit start to bring up the friends lists. You can highlight those in your xbox part and send them an invite. When you do this you're banded together in a squad. Once you have everyone in the squad I believe anyone can look for and join a server and when they do it brings the whole squad into the game.

One minor issue 90% of the time you're put in the middle of a game and not everyone comes over on the same team despite being in a squad. This is because every server is different as to how many you can have on a team and it also tries to balance the teams. After the game has ended you can switch teams if there are open slots.

CQ or conquest seems to be the popular game of choice - its similar to DOM capturing points and having to hold them.

I have not purchased the DLC but I believe I will. BF3 is one of those games I'll never get rid of so why not.

You will certainly have to adjust from COD because ADS firing is very realistic there is a lot of muzzle jump and burst fire certainly helps. One thing you'll be thankful for is knifing is extremely rare (unlike COD) however if you do it involves a humiliating kill cam lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Grover 142

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:37 pm

I have seen it on amazon for 40 dollars every few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Psycho Reaper33

Psycho Reaper33

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:26 pm

As soon as I get he DLC I'll try and join you all on BF3 and will contribute some points when needed for a server.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 am

I'm down for an official BF3 x30x server! I'll pitch in some M$ points! I'll start a thread in the BF section to see who would be down to go in on it. If we get enough we can do the 30 or 90 day.

Man, we could have some really fun FNG private 30 lobbies with a whole map to just ourselves! haha Jet chicken anyone?
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:59 am

Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 am

May I suggest that intentions of Playing BF3 should be posted to the forums or a PM with rough times everyone plans to be on. This may help in getting a party together in the begining until more peeps flock over from COD.
I was great to have at least four of us in a party Yesterday as Black mentioned and for those playing BF3 singly and someone sends a invite please feel free to jump into the game as this is best played with more people on a squad. We dont care if you are just getting used to the game again.
Good time yesterday Gun, Black and warfyst. Sorry I had to bail so quickly Black, the wife was trying to burn down the kitchen. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:10 am

Haha must have made the thread as you guys posted those last two. You can vote for the new server via here.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:11 am

gun fer hire wrote:
I'm down for an official BF3 x30x server! I'll pitch in some M$ points! I'll start a thread in the BF section to see who would be down to go in on it. If we get enough we can do the 30 or 90 day.

Man, we could have some really fun FNG private 30 lobbies with a whole map to just ourselves! haha Jet chicken anyone?

FNG Ideas
Smash up Derby sounds good to me or how about seeing how many people one take out in one swipe with Cobra. Maybe try to setup two team spawns next to each other and as you parachute in some mid air gun combat.

through some out there folks.
Back to top Go down

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 am

I cant vote!!!! wtf? lol kidding i understand but "I got 5 on it" well in the case 10
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am

no worries man we had a great time

my shining moment was holding A down by myself taking down 6 guys in a row LOL that was epic
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm all for finding some other outlet to sate my FPS addiction.

However, I'm a true noob - as gun & daddio can attest. I'm like a legit level 6 or somesuch.

I had no clue what was going on and just kept getting killed over & over. I think we were playing some serious beasts though. I just felt bad for Gun & daddio as I was NO help to them whatsoever.

I just need to put some time into the game - getting used to the controls, the vehicles (HUGE departure for me) - and the objectives. I honestly couldn't tell if I was helping capture the flag or if I could just see that my teammates were capturing it. Like I said - total NOOB. lol

My concern is that I CAN get good games on BO2 when lag allows, I'm worried this will be like trying to learn how to snowboard after years of skiing. Sad
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:12 pm

No way AK... you were doing MUCH better than most COD guys when they first start!!!

It really just takes a little time. COD is such a twitch, arcade shooter and BF is much more of a "realistic", strategic shooter.

Biggest things people coming from COD have to know to do well is...

1) DONT rush! Take cover, move smart with your team. With large open spaces and vehicles sprinting down the open street will only get you sniped from an in-game half mile away or demolished by a tank shell.

2) DONT spray! Recoil is MUCH greater here. Short bursts and headshots is where it's at! Higher headshot damage multiplier in BF. And there is actual bullet drop depending on weapon, attachment and altitude. Trying to snipe someone across the map will require you to aim 1-4 mil dots above of them.

3) DO use vehicles! Take advantage of the vehicles and use them to transport teammates and capture objectives. Practice and practice and practice. The Jets are IMO the most difficult to master.

If you want some one on one training I'll play with you when/if we get this server and show you a bunch of vehicle tips etc.
Back to top Go down
Horst Schist

Horst Schist

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 2:52 pm

DeathByAK wrote:
I'm all for finding some other outlet to sate my FPS addiction...I'm worried this will be like trying to learn how to snowboard after years of skiing. Sad

Great analogy! I did try to board, once. Never again. And it may be apt for the transition from COD to BF, less the very real blood and bruising.

I will say, after playing a few hours last night, that a COD mindset is a detriment to climbing the rather steep learning curve. The game is much more "realistic" and floods of intel are difficult absorb. It's not the kind of game that you can get into over a short lunch break. It's much more comprehensive, requiring an adjustment in play style and a much longer break-in period. Lots of customization.

With less than 2 hrs of game time in, I acknowledge that it won't suit everyone. I was hoping for more of an arcade style game; I have been pleasantly surprised. Thanks to HerFirecat(s) and Okra for making my first foray enjoyable and even victorious in a few cases! I was a diehard COD fan and was similarly reluctant while the COD/BF3 debate continued on this forum some time ago. I have no intentions of reigniting that debate, but recommend those that find their favorite FPS title in a gradual decline and looking for an alternative to consider BF. For those of you content with your current title, I'm envious.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:36 pm

The other thing to throw away is K/D it doesnt mean shit in terms of PTFO. One game Sunday I went 4 and 16 but was first in the leaderboard on our team. You'll get points for neutralizing an objective and more points for fully capping it.

The game is much more broad than blops whereas you have the opportunity to fill many different shoes. You can be a hard core ground guy. I do extremely well flanking the enemy staying behind cover and capping objectives behind the enemy while they're distracted on moving forward. I'm also obsessed with shooting down anything not ours in the air Twisted Evil

You can be a hardcore tank driver, helicopter or jet pilot, the key is this is a real battlefield simulator IMO. You're NOT going to run out in the middle of the street and not expect to get blown up by a tank, run over by a dune buggy, or sniped from some rooftop on the other side of the map.

IMO it doesn't have to be COD vs. BF3 I don't like investing all my time into one title because you'll get burnt out all the quicker. For now I am sick of the snipers and apparent cheaters in COD so I will be taking a break from it.
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Ak, you were fine at the game and its going to keep getting better,just a BIG adjustment. I just wish the had more Heli's currently but that should come with end game. Love the Cobra.

Horst, you are absolutely correct that BF3 isn't for everyone but for those you like greater challenges. I have fun at COD but get bored with it quickly as it lacks some those challenges IMO. There is a large learning curve and the air vehicles definitely take the most time to master which I can say I am far from mastering being that we have to use the standard controllers. BF3 is a sensory overload at first and even when switching back a forth from COD to BF3 it just takes a little time. I also encourage others to try out BF3. When you get to play it with a group it makes a difference.
Back to top Go down

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:52 pm

I played last night with a couple of folks and I had a lot of fun. I even had fun the one match I played solo.

During the solo match it was a map with no vehicles (small map for BF3 but still 3 times as big as any map ever released for CoD) and I had to rely on just my gun and knowing nothing. It didn't go well KD wise but I didn't care at all. It was fun. They say funny shit on BF3 (your character). I managed to kill a couple of guys but mostly just cap'd the flags in conquest.

Later, I got to ride around with Firecat driving a tank or chopper. Tried to fly a jet. I did manage to kill 3 dudes in a buggy while driving a tank once. It is just fun to me. Firecat would drive the tank and I'd do the gun and then repair the tank during battle......crazy. I went 5-30something (the same exact numbers I had during the last round of CoD multiplayer I played before driving to Walmart and buying BF3). I commented to Chris that I had these same KD numbers in the last round of CoD but this is actually fun even when you are dying.

I'm going to give BF3 a real shot so I'll be on playing btw 6pm-midnight (on/off/whatever) central time.

I wanna get my tank stuff upgraded so I can shoot down jets and shit...

Last edited by FightingOkra75 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:53 pm

One of my biggest problems was telling exactly who was on my team and who was an enemy.

I'm colorblind, so my squadmates show up in a very similar "color" as the enemy. I got killed multiple times by a guy I didn't even bother to shoot at b/c I thought he was on my team.

The guys I was in a party with were clearly blue, but other guys on our side were VERY similar to the guys on the other team.

Suffice it to say, I just struggled all the way around! lol

But hey, I've never backed away from a challenge...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's BROKEN, folks Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's BROKEN, folks   It's BROKEN, folks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's BROKEN, folks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next