Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Question for my Arizona/SW brothers

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Empty
PostSubject: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:36 am

What do you all do to lower the temp in a swimming pool? I live in PA, and my pool water is like 90 degrees...disgusting. It's normally not that bad here, but this summer has been ridiculous. We have heaters here to raise temps in cooler months, but there must be something you all have for keeping the water cool enough to enjoy. It's like swimming in piss.

I just bought 300 lbs. of block ice and it didn't make a dent in the temp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:40 am

Can you install a fountain thing that sprays the water up in the air? The idea being that then the increase in surface area leads to more evaporation thus cooler water when it hits the pool?

Maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 am

There is a waterfall, but I'll check on the fountain thing...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:55 am

Quick Google Search indicates that it can drop it by 3-6 degrees depending on humidity and temp. Raises Ph though. I dont know how that applies to a Saltwater pool though...

Good luck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

FBD,
Having a fountain that sprays out in an arc from the side of the pool helps lower the water temp by increasing surface area of the water and evaporation. The pH change is due to the extra loss of water but not contaminants. If you have an automatic refill that slowly places water back in the pool as it evaps the water level will stay consistent, but city water tends to be high in alkinity and pH. The waterfall won't do anything but look pretty. The only other option is to shade the pool and allow it to cool. That can take days depending on ambient temps and volume of the pool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:34 pm

When my pool was built I had them install a Aerator the sprays cold water over my pool in the summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:58 pm

quit pissing in it for one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:07 pm

lilrif wrote:

Is that the problem? That may explain the yellow tint too. Thanks rif!

In all honesty I told the kids that there was a chemical in the pool that would turn purple if they peed. My smart ass son called bs so I went in the house and put some grape juice in a plastic bag and stuck it in my pocket. I told him that it was true and offered a demonstration...I put my hand in my pocket and opened the bag and when the purple cloud came out their eyes were like saucers. They have told all their friends now, so I think it worked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:22 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
In all honesty I told the kids that there was a chemical in the pool that would turn purple if they peed. My smart ass son called bs so I went in the house and put some grape juice in a plastic bag and stuck it in my pocket. I told him that it was true and offered a demonstration...I put my hand in my pocket and opened the bag and when the purple cloud came out their eyes were like saucers. They have told all their friends now, so I think it worked.

I am totally stealing this idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Great idea FBD. Now if I could just keep the wife away from adding chemicals to the pool. She doesn't read directions and chemistry is my strong suit, not hers. must come from all the meth labs I run. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:22 am

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! thats hilarious!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:32 am

My wife had some moms and kids over yesterday and the first thing my son did was tell them not to pee because of the purple dye! My wife called to tell me how serious he was. He got everyone's attention and gave them notice! Haha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 9:57 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
lilrif wrote:

Is that the problem? That may explain the yellow tint too. Thanks rif!

You sir are a genius. One of Vegas' biggest pools actually has a chemical that turns green when you piss in it and it follows you. Its pretty hilarious when people actually piss in the pool because there is a green cloud that follows the criminal. People get the hell out when they see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 am

@Vegas, What pool is this so I know not to piss in it lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:35 am

Haha its the freedom park pool. They just finished renovated Freedom park it took like 5 years to finish so it has the all the bells and whistles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 pm

no you just have to be weary of the brown trout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGMISVFgOsHwnv22vOhu6XNxY5mOcH2Z_6p1Y0tcsob76MWI_g
"What? It's no big deal."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for my Arizona/SW brothers   Question for my Arizona/SW brothers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for my Arizona/SW brothers
Page 1 of 1