Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

A couple of complaints...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

A couple of complaints... Empty
PostSubject: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:47 pm

So, i'm going to use this post to throw out a few complaints i have and have been hearing from others lately. The point here is NOT to single anyone out or start some sort of clan war that alienates anyone. It is simply to raise awareness of some issues that seem to be frustrating members and, after all of the 'farewell' threads in our sister forum lately, should be aired and discussed and hopefully mitigated before they become a bigger problem.

I know, many of these 'issues' can be avoided by being more selective about who you play with but that is not always an option. in my opinion, these are simply etiquette issues and should be respected and accepted as part of a community.

1) Rage quitting on your fellow clannies. As one who has an extremely fast internet connection (50/5), I FULLY understand that this game has issues and that many times, we are handicapped to a point that makes the game virtually unplayable. We've all been through this and our first reaction is to back out but leaving the rest of your clan-mates hanging without so much as a heads up you're dropping out is just wrong. It's a selfish move that shouts "my stats are more important than yours so I'm going to drop to avoid a K/D hit.". Ive found that altering my playstyle and going into full boyscout camper mode will net me an even k/d at the end of the round. If the whole group is having a shitty round, then by all means, speak up and ask if anyone wants to stay or call for a goat pro. Win as a team, Lose as a team.

2) Play by Play complaining. Maybe it's just me but having to listen to teammates complain about every single death, hit detection flaw, enemy kill streak, quick scoper, shotgunner, or bending bullets throughout the course of a match is not only distracting, it interferes with constructive conversation that is NEEDED in a game of domination. There have been times where I have been guilty of this. I try to remember that if I'm not calling out enemy locations(especially if I just got killed by a camper), enemy movement, my next capture target, kill streak target, etc, I'm just taking up bandwidth and clogging communication channels.

3) Load-outs. This is a touchy subject and is sure to incite some lively discussion. There are certain load-outs that are beneficial to group play in regard to objective based game modes and there are some that, do not offer as much. One example would be the sniper class. I know we have some very talented snipers in our clan who exceed with those weapons but aside from long distance shooting, how effective is that class at capping flags, preventing caps, or enemy control? On several occasions, I've seen our team lose flags while the sniper on our team is watching the flag but doesn't have a clear shot at the enemy and rather than defend the flag, our sniper decided to wait until he has a shot to get the kill. In my opinion, that's playing for one's stats, not playing for the team or the win.

If anyone has additional etiquette based irk's they want to share, i hope they will. Again, I'm not singling anyone out or trying to start any shit. I'm just airing issues that seem to be getting a fair amount of water cooler talk lately. In my opinion, these are all pretty minor and I look forward to the upcoming discussions.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:54 pm

+2 to OBXJ!!!! One for complaining about complainers and another for using the word mitigated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 12:58 pm

Amen brother. The only comment I have on #3. Sniping on some maps CAN be beneficial and considered defending a flag. The first example I can think of is on Mission. Keeping the C flag is essential to winning on that map in my opinion. So, laying on the C flag and sniping down toward the bulldozer and to the right toward the burning tire is helpful.

Again, just my opinions, take it for what it's worth.

Oh, and I forgot. One addition to to etiquette:

If you have a mic, USE IT. If you die on a flag, call it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Well OB I guess I will just mute myself from now on, I am sure you will all like that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:01 pm

SoonerChris wrote:
Amen brother. The only comment I have on #3. Sniping on some maps CAN be beneficial and considered defending a flag. The first example I can think of is on Mission. Keeping the C flag is essential to winning on that map in my opinion. So, laying on the C flag and sniping down toward the bulldozer and to the right toward the burning tire is helpful.

Again, just my opinions, take it for what it's worth.

Oh, and I forgot. One addition to to etiquette:

If you have a mic, USE IT. If you die on a flag, call it out.

Very true. there are some cases where a sniper in the group can be very effective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:05 pm

jsavvy wrote:
Well OB I guess I will just mute myself from now on, I am sure you will all like that

Noone is being singled out Savvy, I'm as guilty of this just as much as anyone else but I'm hoping that I can remember to use the mic more constructively in ways that benefit the squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:07 pm

obxj wrote:
jsavvy wrote:

Noone is being singled out Savvy, I'm as guilty of this just as much as anyone else but I'm hoping that I can remember to use the mic more constructively in ways that benefit the squad.

With the connections the past three nights nothing I could say would help us, the game is giving bad players great connections and we are being beat by 6 people that dont have mics/are not a clan/are not a group/etc/etc/etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:09 pm

Good post OB, I have to admit I have been muting people lately on the sly. Its hard to play with a running commentary of someones bad game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 pm

1)Ragequitting : I never quit for my KDR. I quit to go watch tv and relax. If theres a problem with that let me know. Yes some do it but if it really offends you that much dont play with that person. Simple.
2)Snipers not capping. This simply cannot even come close to my playstyle of sniping. I dont hardscope or camp and snipe. I run around the entire map. Im immobile for less than 10 seconds. I honestly dont understand the query on this one. Snipers are designed to kill @ range and they shouldnt be moving much unless you can QS. 1 person not capping a flag shouldnt hurt the flow of the game.
3) Interrupting communication due to crying/whining or w/e you want to sugarcoat it with. I dont complain its a game and thats how I treat it. Yea some people do it and once again if it offends you don't play with that person. Simple.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Oh Really Fran...well fuck you then (but I'll forgive you 'cause you're so pretty)

Last edited by MANIC on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 pm

JxVegas702 wrote:
1)Ragequitting : I never quit for my KDR. I quit to go watch tv and relax. If theres a problem with that let me know. Yes some do it but if it really offends you that much dont play with that person. Simple.
2)Snipers not capping. This simply cannot even come close to my playstyle of sniping. I dont hardscope or camp and snipe. I run around the entire map. Im immobile for less than 10 seconds. I honestly dont understand the query on this one. Snipers are designed to kill @ range and they shouldnt be moving much unless you can QS. 1 person not capping a flag shouldnt hurt the flow of the game.
3) Interrupting communication due to crying/whining or w/e you want to sugarcoat it with. I dont complain its a game and thats how I treat it. Yea some people do it and once again if it offends you don't play with that person. Simple.

2) as I stated, three times, This is not directed at anyone in particular nor anyone's playstyle in particular. So before anyone elses replies with "I dont do that" please re-read this part. twice more if necessary. I don't understand why people are taking this personally.

I'm not questioning the viability of sniping in the game, just the effectiveness in Dom on most or some maps. I'm really up in the air on this one and I'd love to see some stats on k/d - w/l - cap ratios versus AR/SMG loadouts.

3) I was waiting for someone to chime in with the whole "if you dont like it, dont play with that person" stance. So if Im in a group of 5 and we pick up number 6, and number 6 happens to have a bad game and wants to advertise it throughout the match, anyone who doesn't like it should sign off or switch groups? All due respect, but that's ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:22 pm

JxVegas702 wrote:

I'm going to avoid this topic like the plague but what I think OB is getting at (and you reinforce) is that since our primary game is Domination and if you can't quickscope and be mobile, vegging at sniper spots to hard scope enemies is no where near as useful to the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Vegas Read it again pal, it isnt aimed at any one person(I think). And the main issue with snipers is the one who will watch the flag flash then kill the guy after he stands up having capped the flag.

Snipers are a very useful tool, I fucking hate them so they must be doing something right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 pm

As far as rage quitting I totally agree with OB. We should be more mature than that.
Sometimes I have to quit quickly because something happened around the house, and I know that those with small children have to do the same.

I tend to give them benefit of the doubt that something happened around the house (naive? yes I am at times).

I like what OB stated, except the part about the sniper class. But in his defense he added the "watching the flag but doesn't have a clear shot at the enemy".

Have not played with anyone sniping that is not smart enough to see the flag area clear, but I suppose it could happen.

WHat I have noticed, and this happens in all aspects of life, is that people are grouping with those they enjoy playing with the most.

That is natural and I do not see it as harmful to the clan.

While I personally like what OB stated I also know that some people naturally like to complain, and complain about everything.

Probably not going to change that because that is what they like to do. Maybe it is a stress reliever.

I know for a fact that some people get muted by others during those rants and I have a feeling that those doing the ranting don't mind getting muted.

In a military setting you have to keep composed and not rant during your time on the radio.
However, we are not in the military.

On the other hand you have guys like Bee and Walldog (and many others, like Kamea, etc) that are really positive and encouraging. You know when things are going really bad for Walldog because you will the term "what the frick", but that is about the extent of it and when he says it we all know what he is talking about. Nuff said.

So I agree with OB in principle, but do not think it is practical.

There are people that do not like to play with me for whatever reason.

Thats okay. Thats their right to do so.

Last edited by CanisMajor60 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 pm

1) Agree with this one. I can't remember the last time I got so mad at this game as to just quit out on my clan teammates. I do it all the time when playing with randoms, but that's often so I can join up with other clanmates. Smile

2) I'm guilty of this one and try to consciously improve on it. I know I've bugged Stream_Man about it(jokingly) and he's been very cool about it too. It doesn't really affect my flow if someone is having a bad match due to whatever issues and if it did, I'd just mute them an maybe unmute after the match. Had a random on our team yesterday where one of the team mentioned not capping 3 flags. From that point on he was just swearing at us even though there was no meanness in the way it was mentioned. He was muted pretty quickly.

3)This one, I don't agree with. You did want discussion though. Smile There is a huge slice of people that play this game. I like to think of myself as a pretty decent Domination player. I get my fair share of killstreaks and really try to win those games. However, not everyone needs to play my style. Everyone has a limited amount of time to play...we have jobs, families, you name it. Play how you want and do what makes you enjoy the game. It might not necessarily always be the most helpful or guarantee us the win, but in the big scheme of things, who cares. There are clans out there with minimum KDR or require you to be super active or other things. I would never want to be in a clan like that and really like that everyone can just get online and do their thing.

Oh and go to hell OB for saying *I* do that!!!!! Just kidding!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 pm

I will respectfully disagree on the sniper role. I personally never use one, because I suck with them, but I HATE playing against a team with a good one. They can effectively cut off a route to a flag by themselves.

If you can snipe, you're welcome on my team any time. There's more to Dom strategy than protecting a flag...you can have the same effect by killing them BEFORE they get to the flag and calling out any rushers that squeak through. If you can stay in the rear, pick guys off and call in reapers and pavelows all match, you're a good teammate IMO.

I fully understand if someone mutes me as I tend to talk a lot. Probably 50% is helpful to the squad (bad guy coming up the stairs to A/window camper above B in the hallway), the other 50% is directed at the rage mic. "Stick that fucking gold striker up your ass" is an example. If I don't get invited to your party, I understand. That's just how I roll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:57 pm

FBD wrote:
I will respectfully disagree on the sniper role. I personally never use one, because I suck with them, but I HATE playing against a team with a good one. They can effectively cut off a route to a flag by themselves.

If you can snipe, you're welcome on my team any time. There's more to Dom strategy than protecting a flag...you can have the same effect by killing them BEFORE they get to the flag and calling out any rushers that squeak through. If you can stay in the rear, pick guys off and call in reapers and pavelows all match, you're a good teammate IMO.

I fully understand if someone mutes me as I tend to talk a lot. Probably 50% is helpful to the squad (bad guy coming up the stairs to A/window camper above B in the hallway), the other 50% is directed at the rage mic. "Stick that fucking gold striker up your ass" is an example. If I don't get invited to your party, I understand. That's just how I roll.

I would welcome you to my party anytime sir
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:06 pm

Apologies OB, and all that I’ve played with the last week or so, I know I’m guilty of those things. Work has been sucking with end of month stuff and I’m bringing it online with me. Taking a 4 day weekend this week and month end is over so I should be back to normal.

See you online…

comment about snipers,

I suck at it but it's my bad connection default class. If I'm having a bad game i switch to it and try again on the next match. More to your point i feel bad doing it for the reasons you stated but it's better than a rage quit or feeding kill streaks all match, imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 pm

If you ever get a PS3, hit me up!

What can I say, I'm a salesman at heart and I talk a lot. It rubs some the wrong way, but it probably makes some people laugh. I hope more of the latter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:11 pm

No one is being singled out but about half of our clan members are guilty of at least one of the things you've mentioned. I'm not saying you are wrong, and I'd love to be that guy that doesn't do 1 and 2 but I'm not.

I quit because I'm not having fun. Sure I like a good KD but if the writing is on the wall I'm not going to ignore it either.

Play by play bitching may annoy some but being completely silent can too, and talking about your day, or cracking jokes during gameplay doesn't exactly do much to help either.

I do appreciate that you've offered some solutions obxj but it may just be easier to accept that this will happen as part of the gaming experience, just like everything else goes on with CoD.

Last edited by audiopile on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:17 pm

jsavvy wrote:

lol. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm

If someone wants to snipe then snipe away. If someone wants to run riot shield then wack away. If someone wants to run C4 and a RPG then go blow shit up(ME!). Here's a good general rule: Don't put win and stats over fun ever. Thats why most of us play this game. Just for fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Guilty as charged with the complaining, I tend not to do it when the mic (not that anyone would know) is off so I have been rolling "dark" from time to time. As far as sniping I think there are places on every map that are suitable for the sniper roll and I believe it it the most useful gun for flag defenses if it is used in the right fashion. One paticular example is Arkaden, if sniping on the A wall but when multiple enemies jump on the flag its not always easy to get them all at once. I know personally I hop my ass down, clear it out with the akimbo MPs and recap it but I cannot speak for everyone. I think you bring up some valid points on some touchy subjects, I am personally aware of my faults and am working on being a better teamate but sometimes we all fall back into old habits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:25 pm

It wasnt my intentions for it to come as me feeling singled out so let me further explain. I was only commenting on my own playstyle and offered the things I would do to remedy to it. I was not trying to take shots at anyone or anything just going on my perspective as thats the only thing I could have done since I cant comment on others gameplay/playstyle. Hope this clears it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:28 pm

First off, I want to apologize for backing out the other night in your lobby OB! I was 3-22 (dont give two shits about KDR), and I also know I probably bitched about every death that match. One thing I do know is that I said I was leaving, keep in mind, this was before I knew that stupid patch fucked up everyones mic volume, maybe nobody heard any of what I said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple of complaints...   A couple of complaints... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A couple of complaints...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next