Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
job issues Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
job issues Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
job issues Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
job issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
job issues Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
job issues Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
job issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
job issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
job issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
job issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
job issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
job issues Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
job issues Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
job issues Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
job issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

job issues

Go down 
+4
Doamne01
walldoggy
BlackDeath
mwhop78
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

job issues Empty
PostSubject: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:57 pm

Hey all. I'm headed out east for the next week. Be back next Monday or Tuesday. I'm back now.

Not sure how things are going to go. We're having some job issues and are looking for something new. Crappy thing is, we just bought a house. Our boss is seemingly bi-polar but the short & long of it is that he has cut our hours and salary, blamed his failing business on my wife, and is being very impulsive. We're not sure when we're going to follow through on a workplace harrassment complaint (unwanted touching and comments towards my wife and other women in the clinics). This guy is cruel and unpredictable. We still have dirt on him for the Canada Revenue Agency as well (like the IRS). He's tried threatening us that we have no job b/c we didn't re-sign our contract....once I pointed out to him that there was an automatic renewal clause, he shit himself and mentioned an attorney. Douchebag...he's the one who wrote it and doesn't even know what it says!

He's just totally demolished my wife mentally and emotionally over the past 4 days and I'm not going to work for an asshole who treats my wife like that. We had finally gotten her anxiety under control, we're getting her a new horse, and talking about starting a family (which I desparately want a little one running around). The fucktard just ruined it all in a matter of 3 minutes. And now he thinks he's doing us a favor by keeping us as employees...he doesn't deserve loyal workers like us. He's earned himself the loss of two doctors on short notice and only further leading this his business failing. Several hourly paid staff members are also looking for new jobs and I'm happily providing references for them. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the shit hits the fan.

Until next week, go tear up some pixel people for me. I'll still be around on the forums, just not in game.

Last edited by OldSchoolNESfan on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:11 pm

Sorry to hear that NES, I am in a similar boat where I am at also so I feel your pain. Being a employee doc and not an owner can really suck. The down side to being so specialized is that finding a decent job sucks big, hairy balls and always requires a relocation, especially if you are looking for two Doc positions. What is your current non-compete clause and is it binding? Lawyer up and find out. If you have one it can usually be dismissed due to livelihood laws (at least here in the states). If you don't have one, crush his sorry ass by starting your own clinic, hire his staff away, run competition against him, and watch his shit crumble. Add on the CRA and worker harassment to twist the knife as you spill his guts on the floor (figuratively) and your wife will see you as Conan the Barbarian and you will get all the marathon sex you have been wishing for. Smile
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks Nate. No non-compete clause! He admitted they won't hold up in a court of law so there isn't one in the contract. Starting a clinic from scratch is way difficult, esp. in this economy but if someone is looking to retire we will be interested since all the equipment and client base will be there. My wife has never seen Conan the Barbarian or the Destroyer...not into those movies but I'll explain them too her. The marathon will come when I can get her anxiety and depression back under control. Like I said, he wrecked her.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:37 pm

I'm with N8, Oldschool. Ur wife doesn't have to take his shit. Stick it to him hard. And mention u r under the protection of the Over 30 Clan and that me and N8 will come whip his ass is he doesn't get his shit straight.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:41 pm

NES, lawyer up now, build your case, have your wife take medical leave for the anxiety in the interim until you have your exit plan fully incorporated.

If this scum is truly as dirt-ridden as you indicate, you'll own the practice. At the minimum, you'll end up with a tidy severance, which will handle all of your expenses until you get a soft landing. Working in that kind of environment is toxic and will drive you and your wife apart...I almost ended up in divorce court when my wife was still working in a very stressful pharma environment. She became unglued and took it all home with her every night. I became the target for her misdirected anger and that shit got old fast.

Stay vigilant and enjoy your new hobby of torpedoing this scoundrel. It's way more fun that COD.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Just make the call Oldschool and 30's will come to the rescue and tea bag the shit out of that douche bag.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:47 pm

I agree with what has already been posted. If it is bothering your wife that bad get her out of there now. Have her use medical leave. Get a lawyer and see what all your options are.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:20 pm

Perhaps I should clarify....he's forcing us to sign new contracts at reduced hours and pay by this Friday...or else he'll probably give us our notice per our old contracts. We ain't signing! Wife has another job app in with probable interview and we are waiting to hear this afternoon on another for one or both of us.

FBD, I'll have to look into medical leave; not sure what the laws are up here in Canada.

We had a lawyer review the contract before we signed it over a year ago. We're rather protected in terms of he can't legally reduce our hours or salary b/c of it so we either have to agree to sign a new one or he let's us go. There is no severance except for whatever pay we are owed. As for the harrassment issue, I just have to contact the Ministry of Labour...the the government lawyers come after his ass.

And as much I appreciate the sentiments to come beat his ass, he'd probably enjoy a teabagging from a bunch of you guys. Thanks for the support guys.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:32 pm

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
Thanks Nate. No non-compete clause! He admitted they won't hold up in a court of law so there isn't one in the contract. Starting a clinic from scratch is way difficult, esp. in this economy but if someone is looking to retire we will be interested since all the equipment and client base will be there. My wife has never seen Conan the Barbarian or the Destroyer...not into those movies but I'll explain them too her. The marathon will come when I can get her anxiety and depression back under control. Like I said, he wrecked her.

yes, starting a clinic from scratch is no longer a possibility in this economy. That model for vet, dentist, and small medical practices is impractical at this point due to the ridiculous equipment and start up costs. That's why I am searching so hard for a town I want to live in that has a retiring doc. Very hard to find both of those stars lining up. Everything I find is either where I want to live with supersaturation of docs and practices in the red or a great practice in an absolute shithole,(kinda of like where I am now).

By refusing to sign the new contracts your still going on your old contract month to month until he terminates you. I assume there is a 60-90 termination clause in the contract to give you time. It would be nice to say that he won't terminate because he needs you and your wife to work the clinic, but you know the reality of the field right now. Lots of unemployed/underemployed vets and dentists out there right now that will bend over and take it up the ass just for an opportunity to scratch out a living to pay their school loan bills. He will most likely be able to fill the positions in very short order. I agree with FBD's advice on medical leave for anxiety for the wife and getting your shit in order now with the lawyer, harrassment claims, and hostile workplace claims. Good luck brother. I'll say a prayer for you.

p.s. The US Army is hiring vets with large animal experience right now. We don't have enough to keep the horses going in A-Stan. Smile
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Too bad this isn't the US of A or you could take this jerk to the cleaners.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:22 pm

God damn man! I'm sorry you guys had to endure that bullshit. I didn't think Canadians could be anything other than happy go lucky? lol

Sounds like this guy needs his ticket stamped for the pain train Twisted Evil

I hope things work out for ya and soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:46 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
God damn man! I'm sorry you guys had to endure that bullshit. I didn't think Canadians could be anything other than happy go lucky? lol

Sounds like this guy needs his ticket stamped for the pain train Twisted Evil

I hope things work out for ya and soon.

The 'Pain Train' comment reminded me of this, which is what NES's boss needs:

Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:47 pm

^^^ hell yeah exactly what I was going for

"PAIN TRAIN IS COMING WHOOO WHOO...WHOO WHOO" lmfao

best commercial series EVER
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:10 pm

My family and I will be prying for yours NES....
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 pm

Sorry things are so rotten right now NES. Tell your wife best of luck in the interview and that we're all pulling for her. Being in bad work environment is so detrimental, hopefully you guys will find somewhere better, especially if it's adversely affecting her health.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Sorry to hear about the problems, Old School; you are definitely more restrained than I would be under the circumstances. I am usually the last one to say to litigate, but take this guy to the cleaners; if Canadian law allows for it. There is nothing wrong with suing someone for legitimate cause and it sounds as if you have it and then some.

I wish you the best of luck in where ever this takes you and I pray that, no matter where that is, that it takes you forward toward your goals of a calm wife and the insanity and joy of fatherhood.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Best ol luck. I happen to like vets but our cats don't. Smile . I hope everything works out for you.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:45 pm

FBD & BlackDeath, I needed that....I miss those classic well thought out commercials. Made it through another day and no panic attacks or depressive issues today. Got the new contracts and the boss says in writing that he just wants "feedback" by Friday. Still waiting to hear on our other options before moving forward. The wife is submitting her resume to the other clinic in town in the morning and we're still waiting to hear from the local emergency clinic. Long drive ahead of me tomorrow so time to turn in. I'll keep y'all posted as to how this works out. I will be victorious and rise above! The pain train is coming!!!!
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:11 am

Hey NES

I'm so sorry to hear you going through that crap. Be sure to whip this dudes ass.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Just a brief update.... the language here is NSFW... (if profanity is not allowed, please edit mods)

So the fucking cock-sucking douchebag cunt of a pile of cow shit coward just fired both my wife and I b/c he couldn't handle it when she stood up to him and told her how she was feeling. He had the nerve to call her unprofessional for expressing her concerns then the dirty whore bitch son of a motherless goat shit eating pussy decided to fire us both (even though he said I was doing great and he wanted to keep me). That is all for now...

Calling the lawyer, the Human Rights Commission, etc. tomorrow.... will keep you updated. Please pray for us... I've tried to be strong for my wife but I lost it today. I'm so worried we're going to lose our house, we can't have kids now, not sure if my wife will get to keep her horse that she loves.... this is so fucked up.... I feel like I'm failing as a husband/man of the house Crying or Very sad I need to go job hunting now....

(on the other side, I'll probably be online more shooting people....maybe i'll put my bosses picture over the enemies....)
Back to top Go down
mspiderw

mspiderw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:19 pm

NES, I've played with you a few times and I've been reading about your family's situation and it sucks!!! We got you in our prayers. Best thing for you to do is keep your head up and support your wife. Karma is a bitch, and that so-called ex boss of yours will go down in flames. The sad thing is, that they probably will not have a clue why it all happened.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:26 pm

This sucks balls man. I know everything will work out for you as you really seem to be a class act who will be able to take the bull by the horns and get shit done. Unfortunately we all hit rough patches...just remember though that this shit is being caused by some other dick and his short comings, not yours man. Keep your head up and keep grinding bro.
Back to top Go down

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Sorry to hear that NES. You should be able to get a wrongful dismissal against that chump, but I'm not sure you want the job back all things considered. Maybe a severance until you find something better.

You seem like a great guy and supportive of your wife's needs and desires so I wouldn't beat yourself up, stay positive.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:04 pm

Sorry to hear it. Try to stay positive, keep your head up. It will all work out in the end, just need to figure out how to get there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:18 am

Yeah, Don't beat urself up man. This is not your fault or ur wifes. Sometime we just run into crappy bosses. Just find a job as quick as u can. And do everything u can to legally ruin the prick. Praying for you and yours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

job issues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next