Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Need some help from my former O30C brothers

Go down 
+3
invisible843
Doamne01
mwhop78
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

Need some help from my former O30C brothers Empty
PostSubject: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:00 pm

TheDarkPhoenix79 and I have been getting hit with connection interrupted quite a bit more than usual as of late and I would like to see if any of u network gurus can help me out. We run two PS3s on a two channel wireless network. When we are both playing all our other wifi devices are cut off. We are almost always playing in a match together when out of the blue we will both get hit with a connection interrupted. As its happening we go from 4 bars solid to a state where we constantly go from three bars to one and back and forth really fast until the connection interrupted stops. Which sometimes can be several minutes or until she drops or is kicked. It never kicks or drops me. Always her. It never happens playing BF3, only Black Ops 2. There is no rhyme or reason as to when it occurs that I can tell. We can play for hour or days without it happening but when it does it usually repeats like crazy until we stop playing. It is horribly irritating. We run a steady 25 down and 5 up with a ping of 30 and a jitter of 0-1. Is it possible it is a bandwidth issue or something else entirely?

Thanks for the help,

Hop
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Part of the answer is that there are some serious issues with drops on BlOps2 that have gotten worse since the last map-pack. When you state that you have a 2 channel wireless network are you saying that you have 2 routers on different channels, different channels on 1 router using the 2.4ghz and 5ghz antennae (PS3 can't use the 5ghz directly), or something else entirely? I haven't seen the fluctuation in connectivity before a drop but I can't say that I would have noticed. Is there anything in your router logs to indicate that the connectivity was affected in some way?
Back to top Go down
invisible843

invisible843

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Wire em in with a eathernet cord?
Back to top Go down
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:36 pm

i have that issue just about every game. During double xp weekend i couldn't even play it was so bad. I'm already hard wired to my router i even tried going straight from the modem, but that did't do anything. Hopefully something works for you. i hated this game already and now with connection interrupted shit i really really hate it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:23 pm

hop hard wire just one of them and you should be fine unless your having router issues !
that is how I do my 2 ps3 no issues !
Back to top Go down
Unleashed_Ev1l

Unleashed_Ev1l

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 7:10 am

I'd go into your outer's settings and force the router to use wireless G only as this will create a more stable connection for your PS3's. But to get a much more stable connection you really should use a wired connection.

You might want to check that your routers firmware is up to date as well...
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:09 am

This is a pretty common issue with the PS systems. Try placing one in a DMZ and the other outside. I have heard that fixes it, One can be hardwired and the other wireless as well. You could also probably mess with your NAT situation and have static internal IPs which may help you out too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 11:23 am

I'd go with a hard wired solution.

I'd also wire both of them when I did it.

Amazon has 100ft sections of cable for pretty cheap. I wired all my stuff up when the ATT Uverse guy was here. Ran two cat5 connections to every room. Dude was cool. Set up three switchers for me and all kinds of crap while he was here.

Go hard wired.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
Part of the answer is that there are some serious issues with drops on BlOps2 that have gotten worse since the last map-pack. When you state that you have a 2 channel wireless network are you saying that you have 2 routers on different channels, different channels on 1 router using the 2.4ghz and 5ghz antennae (PS3 can't use the 5ghz directly), or something else entirely? I haven't seen the fluctuation in connectivity before a drop but I can't say that I would have noticed. Is there anything in your router logs to indicate that the connectivity was affected in some way?
Its different channels on one router. One 2.4 and one 5. It didn't even occur to me that the PS3 couldn't use the 5. I guess that's my problem then. Trying to use both on the one 2.4 channel. I wonder why it only happens playing Black Ops 2 and not BF3 though? I am gonna bit the bullet and hard wire them both but not until it cools down a little so I don't have a heat stroke running cat5 in my attic. Louzyana + 110 heat index makes my attic a not fun place to be right now.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:36 am

mwhop78 wrote:
Doamne01 wrote:
Its different channels on one router. One 2.4 and one 5. It didn't even occur to me that the PS3 couldn't use the 5. I guess that's my problem then. Trying to use both on the one 2.4 channel. I wonder why it only happens playing Black Ops 2 and not BF3 though? I am gonna bit the bullet and hard wire them both but not until it cools down a little so I don't have a heat stroke running cat5 in my attic. Louzyana + 110 heat index makes my attic a not fun place to be right now.

plan for the future here, be sure to run Cat5e or CAT6 cable so you can support 1g speeds.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks Pariah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help from my former O30C brothers   Need some help from my former O30C brothers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some help from my former O30C brothers
Page 1 of 1