Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

LMG Advice?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:33 pm

I know I just posted a Handgun topic, but I also have no experience whatsoever with using LMGs in this game. I loved the M60 and Stoner in Blops. I'm thinking it would be a useful class to equip an LMG with Blind Eye/Assassin/Stalker and patrol B. Stinger of course.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:42 pm

There is a version of the M60 in MW3 but it is a late unlock. I was goofing with LMGs the last prestige. MG36 with rapid fire was deadly and the MK46 with kick is good, but mobility is severely reduced with an LMG. Extreme conditioning hardly compensates you enough.
If we get to the point where we can hold two flags (and we are getting much closer) then the LMG (w/ tac insert) would be a good option.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Audio summed it up nicely, both those guns are great, it's what I use also. Always run an LMG on my anti-air class because I'm gonna be slow as hell anyway, plus if you don't have the stinger, 1 rocket and half a mag will take down alot of air support. Probably why my accuracy is 11% and dropping cheers

Oh, and the M60 isn't beastly in this game like it was in Blops, it actually feels/looks like you ripped the
gun off of a tank or chopper or something, the irons are terrible.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:19 pm

The M-60 E is good times. Recoil seems like more than it was in BO. Damage is solid for sure. The game feels like it is so focused on mobility that the LMG's never feel like they belong in this game. Checking my stats though my KDR and accuracy is better on my M-60 than on anything else I use.

I can see a use for it on Villiage where you guard C from the people coming from A spawn. Mobility is not a must in that situation as you lurk around the corners near the fridge and the white truck. I can also see it being useful on Seatown as you guard B by standing on the three steps near the paper truck.

Maybe this is worth a try again next prestige... I miss my BO pig.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:38 pm

I love the m60. went 44-13 with it on a dom match and it was all weapon kills. must have a red dot because the irons suck bigtime. Add a grip with 2 attachments and it is a beastly weapon to lay down the law with. I use it only in obj games where I want to hold down a point. I haven't unlocked rapid fire for it yet, but once I do I think increasing the cyclic rate of the M60 will really make it a flag defending machine. If you get it unlocked far enough you can equip lightweight and you will move with the same speed as an assault rifle.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:15 pm

IIRC last prestige I ran an MK46 + dual attachments (rapid fire and grip) with kick. I was in love and am torn between unlocking it vs the MK14.

MK46 + kick + grip is pretty lethal in and of itself.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:21 pm

the "I Ain't Even Mad" kid is fucking hilarious.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:36 pm

as long as you don't have to move the lmg's with kick/grip can be managable but using it on anything like KC would be insane. You would never make it to the tag. Might be nice for team defender if your team has the flag and a solid base established.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:42 pm

the MG36 is fairly mobile. The LMG is great for support for HQ, Dom, demolition etc. You can get some nice kill streaks running hardline
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Stat wise it looks like the earlier unlock MG is better... Is that the consensus? (I forget the actual name).
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Mmmm, the MK46 has less recoil and higher ROF. Check the spectrum.
http://denkirson.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3256
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:49 pm

I took a LSW up to level 30 and I had some success with it. If you put a grip on it and run with Kick it's like a laser.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm

I've leveled the mk46 to level 30, spent a prestige token on it in order to keep it. I have a class for objective based games w/ attachments, rapid fire and thermal scope. If you are playing a supportive/defensive role it is a good gun on the bigger maps. I keep a stinger in my back pocket to shoot down enemy air support. I disagree with people saying it is not useful in Kill Confirmed. I will hang back behind teammates and mop up.
Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:09 am

I actually amend my statement about LMG's in KC. If you're a tag runner than an LMG is nuts. But they can be useful as a kill role(much like a sniper) and let the teammates grab the tags. It just feels like moving in molasses since I'm a run and gunner by nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LMG Advice?   Empty
PostSubject: Re: LMG Advice?    LMG Advice?   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LMG Advice?
Page 1 of 1