Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Any advice Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Any advice Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Any advice Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Any advice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Any advice Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Any advice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Any advice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Any advice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Any advice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Any advice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Any advice Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Any advice Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Any advice Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Any advice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Looking for help to improve overall. I tried rushing but that was a nightmare. I don't want to camp as many talk shit about me but it's the only way I do good in this game. HELP PLZ
Back to top Go down
Mason32nd

Mason32nd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:07 pm

i find i do best if i pick a small area and just patrol around within it....
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:09 pm

If rushing is not your thing, don't rush. In Dom someone always needs to defend the flag.
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:20 pm

I wish I had a way (that worked) of recording my matches and uploading them to youtube..

Seriously though, one of the XBOX guys (deoge) has some great info out there on youtube as far as domination style play goes. I like to rush around but it depends on how close the game is as to how far I move away from our captured points. If it's a blow out, it's full on rush mode. If it's closer point wise I'll slow it down a bit but still try and get in their cereal bowl.

I rarely run through the middle of the maps unless I have backup. The more you play the game type the more you'll learn choke points. Play around with different strategies. If staying back and "camping" is your style who cares as long as it's a W.

If you're referring to TDM, that's a different animal but I try and follow the same routes.

I personally think a game like head quarters is great for learning different hot areas of maps and to get a feel for new maps that come out.
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Sometimes i have to camp as well. I dont care what anyone says. I paid for the game and i will have fun with it the way I want to. Camping gets pretty boring though and i find myself not doing it for very long. But there are those games that i have no choice cause if i dont i will just get killed over and over again. And that is not fun.

As mentioned, i try to "patrol" a certain area. But again, sometimes that will just get me killed over and over again also. I sorta adapted a "Ghost" playstyle where i stay off the map with silenced weapons and Assassin pro perk. And i just try to hit and run. I wont stay in one place for very long, but long enough to get a couple of kills and move on to do it again in another area.

My Ghost set up:

MP7 2 attach. Red Dot Sight w/ Silencer
Skorpion Akimbo (most of the time this will have a silencer on it too, but i am trying akimbo at the moment)

Semtex
Flash

Blind Eye Pro
Assassin Pro
Sit Rep Pro

Assault- Care Pack and Predator Missle only

Deadman's Hand

This set up actually helped me out with the way i like to play. It keeps me off the constant UAV spam as well as keeps me from being seen from the stuff in the air. SitRep Pro helps me hear enemies coming from quite a ways away.

Like i said, hit and move, hit and move. I suppose you could camp a bit with this set up(sometimes i do) but i find it better to patrol and hit and move.

Good Luck!!!
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:07 pm

That's all good advice. I play lots of domination and think anyone can do at least as well as I do. Pay attention to which team is holding which flag and where your team members are. That will give you a good idea of where the enemy is and where they are going. Pay attention to the routes you have to take when you leave the spawns and you will have an idea of where the enemy will appear. In addition to assassin, I strongly recommend blind eye. It is nice to not get killed by the frequent choppers. I also think marksman is a great perk if you are not (as I am not) lucky to have great vision, a good television, or quick reflexes. With marksman, you will have the advantage of seeing enemies -- even snipers -- before they see you. I think it goes very well with a gun like the M41A which is fast enough to fight in close quarters but has enough range to kill camping snipers. And watch your six. Seriously, if you are paying attention to a direction, make sure you look around and behind yourself.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Youtube is what helped me overall in my interest to get better. I studied a lot of the commentators and took away from them their playstyles and tried to incorporate them with mine. They are doing something right, so i looked at how they played and took their advice for getting better. Two that helped me a lot that I recommend for those that want to work on their gameplay are these 2. xjawz and ezzie7 (tactical gamer) I found their commentary very good and entertaining as well. Hope that helps!

https://www.youtube.com/user/xJawz/videos

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ezzie7&oq=ezzie7&aq=f&aqi=g2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=9927l11935l0l12239l6l6l0l0l0l0l164l804l1.5l6l0
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:31 pm

My K/D never got above .91 playing as a rusher. I decided to slow down and see if maybe I am better than that at this game. I made a class that forced me to slow down and play without taking risks to try to get consistent killstreaks in the assault strikes.

SLOW CLASS:

Type 95 (or mk14, whichever iron sights you prefer) with suppressor
Stinger
Optional equipment (purely a matter of preference)
Blind Eye (so you have time to use your stinger)
Assassin Pro (best upgrade to pro of any perk)
Marksman (this perk is almost gamebreakingly good with these rifles)

Strike Package: Assault (The 3 best that you can hit CONSISTENTLY)

I'm not saying there is anything awesome about this setup, only that if you are going to play this class, you have to play slower than you would with a PP90 with Extreme conditioning.

Play this class on Dom and find areas where you can transition between two points with lines of sight on a flag you own. Assassin and blind eye will keep you away from negative attention as you pluck people off from a decent enough range that they shouldn't see you clearly. If you take damage, RUN AND HEAL. If you stay alive, you can still get your killstreak.

The difference between 25-5 and 10-7 is the two kills that interrupted your killstreaks.
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 pm

I have noticed that a lot depends on how the other team is playing and what their skill level is.

You will find that the more you get into full 6 member games with clannies the more enjoyable it becomes.

MW3 is more fluid than BLops and I struggled a lot with that at first.
I have nine classes right now and use them all.
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 am

First, don't worry about what other people think.

People can bitch all they want about camping but it has its valid time and place and for objective-based modes like HQ/Domination/Sabotage/S&D/CTF it's a very valid tactic.

The other thing to keep in mind is when they see killcams (assuming they're playing Core modes), they're only seeing what you did about 2-3 seconds before you killed them. So they may bitch if they see your kneeling behind a barrier (which you were doing because you heard something in your headset and took cover) and they think you were sitting there ADS'ing the entire time when it wasn't the case.. but...

that brings me back to my first point... who cares what other people think? I run around a lot in matches, but I do it in fits and starts. I rarely just plant myself in one area or building and camp it.

If you're not using a headset, you may look into getting one. It helps tremendously, and it's great for late at night if you've got a wife and/or kids or a roommate to worry about.
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:16 am

Forgot to add the following:

1) find out what works for you (guns/perks/loadouts)
2) repeat 1
3) if you get bored, try 1 but with a different main/sub or mix up the perks.

My most used classes are like this (I prestiged a few nights ago so I don't have all my pro perks back yet.. just Assassin, Stalker and SoH I think)

ACR w/ Silencer
Stinger
Frag or Semtex
Tac Insert

Blind Eye
Assassin Pro
Stalker Pro

I run 5-7-9 killstreaks with this class and tend to do pretty decently, lag compensation-permitting.

The other one I do a lot is:

M4A1 with ACOG
USP45
Frag
Tac Insert

Recon
Quickdraw Pro
Stalker Pro

I like tac inserts in general. They're great for surprising people and for controlling areas. Or if you know you're about to rush into something stupid, put down your tac insert, then run around the corner and open fire. If you die, respawn and get a payback.
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 am

justyourhero wrote:

1) find out what works for you (guns/perks/loadouts)
2) repeat 1
3) if you get bored, try 1 but with a different main/sub or mix up the perks.

Exactly, i have 2 Classes that don't change, they work well for me. my other classes i experiment, if it doesn't work or the other team is better than i thought i fall back on old reliable.

PS Camping your flag is not camping, it's good strategy. Camping the enemy flag for kills is camping and douchebaggery

I use this for Dom:

PP90M1 w/ Rapid Fire & Ext Mag
Stinger or FMG9 Akimbo
Semtex
Trophy System
Extreme Cond.
Assassin
Steady Aim
AUAV SB EMP

I use this for TDM:

PP90M1 w/ Rapid Fire & Ext Mag
FMG9 Akimbo or Stinger
Semtex
Flash
Slight of Hand
Assassin
Steady Aim
(mixed)

Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:04 am

I recommend hacking. Those guys get lots of easy kills.

/I keed!

Assassin on all classes and silenced everything. It will greatly improve your success. There is SO much UAV spam and minimap watching because of the support KS, that Assassin seems like a necessity to me.

When I'm rushing around getting killed, I'm thinking "WTF!", then I remember I have Hardline on and the bastards are just waiting for me. Mad
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:12 am

Beyond which has already been mentioned above I can add:

Find the controller sensitivity that most suits you.
This is the most important thing in CoD.
I usually play on 8 but it's really up to you.
If sensitivity is too high, you won't be able to aim properly; if too slow you will feel kinda "slow-motioned".
I suggest to start trying with something high, and if it's uncomfortable just lower a little until you feel good.

Learn maps.
If you don't know the maps you can't do very well.
Try to learn where people camp usually. Try to figure out which are the "dangerous zones" where you can die easily. Try to understand where the enemies are and from where they could arrive.

Don't walk in the middle of the streets.
You're a soldier not a tourist! Try to be covered (by team mates or buildings). ALWAYS!
And if the sky is crowded with enemies' things, stay covered or try to use buildings to protect you.

Don't run too much
When you run u can't shoot. Run ONLY when u can do it safe. Don't run through doors or when you turn around the corners. If you know that an enemy is arriving in front of you, stop running, aim, and wait for him.

Always move.
NEVER stop. If you stop you are an easy target (especially for snipers). When you capture a flag in DOM, don't stand still, keep moving around (or find a cover) and watch in the right direction.

Killstreak
Use support until you improve your skills (UAV, CUAV, AUAV)

Use the minimap but don't trust it too much.
The minimap is very important to know where enemies are. But remember that some of them play with silencer or even worse with perks which make them invisible on the minimap. So use it but don't be too focused on it.

Perks
Sleight of hand and steady aim are essential. Then you can chose between quickdraw and assassin.

Weapons
Use kick proficiency and silencer until you improve your skills. Those will help you a lot.

Bullets
Don't waste them, or if you do, reload after every kill (if it's safe). If you are running out, swap your weapon with something you find on the floor and reload immediately after.
If you think that your secondary weapon is useless then swap it as soon as you can so you can carry 2 primaries without wasting a perk for it.

Easy, isn't it? lol!
Back to top Go down

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 pm

Frankie - it might be a good idea to let us know what you are running. Getting your weapons of choice leveled up in this game and finding out what attachments work will help you immensely. The map and game mode you are playing are also important to take into consideration. Also playing with the clan improves your experience on MW3, then go back into theater mode and watch a couple games picking out a team mate that did well and may suit your style of play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any advice   Any advice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any advice
Page 1 of 1