Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Can I get some advice?

Go down 
+4
xXx G3TZUM xXx
NukeLaCoog
MajorBedhead067
chuckystylez1970
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chuckystylez1970

chuckystylez1970

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Can I get some advice? Empty
PostSubject: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:44 am

OK let me start off by saying my aiming skills have never been perfect.....but here lately it seems as though my right thumb has a mind of it's own. We all know the scenario, you are walking or running through an area and someone pops up around the corner or out of the brush or something to that effect. Gotta get the first shot in and make it count!! So gun up, aim down sights, get sights on and let them have it.....

OK, this is where my problem lies......lately I get the gun close to being on target and for some reason it as if my right thumb has a seizure!! I would have a better chance of hitting a meth addicted fly in MW3 than hitting anything resembling the enemy!! I mean my cross hairs go into this frenzy of aiming at the left, right, above, below where I initially began aiming. I don't know if it's the panic of "Oh shit!! I gotta kill this guy!!" but the problem seems to be getting worse!! I have played with sensitivity settings, high...low....nothing seems to calm down the insane pray and spray effort.

I have been trying to practice on black ops with some combat training and random bots. The thing is if I get close on initial aim down sights and need to make a small adjustment it goes into this "too far left, back to the right, oops too far, back left......damn too far again....." You get the idea.....(all of this happening in a split second)

Needless to say this has become very frustrating and the game has become not enjoyable. I have watched several (ok tons) of YouTube videos of tips and tricks only to get more frustrated of how easy it looks from their point of view.

So I ask you all for help, anything you can think of I would be willing to give it a try. I am not looking to be perfect, God knows that's impossible, I just want to get this figured out so I can roll with the 30 and not be a liability every single match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:53 am

How old is your controller? I get a new one like every 7 to 8 months,kinda a wear and tear thing..hope this helps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:46 am

I bought some thumb stick extenders and they really helped! The motion seems more crisp now, but you do not have to move the stick as fast for snap targeting.. Just my .02.. I don't know if I can post a link to the ones I bought, but if you would like to know just PM me.
Back to top Go down
MajorBedhead067

MajorBedhead067

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:35 am

I have some thumb extenders to for my xbox controller and i love them as well! I believe they are called kontrol freaks? It sounds too like the particular type of situations your running into might be those infamous head on on who fires first situations which depend heavily on connection speed and who honestly lands the first hit which causes that crappy stagger effect. i've found that in those moments depending on which gun i'm using and how far i am from the target firing from the hip and letting the cross hairs snap to the target is your best bet. I swear everytime I try to zoom in and shoot someone in front of me it's all over. Also try pumping the trigger to correct the kick of the the gun even if its the ACR in mw3 or the famas in ops. It doesnt sound like it but I'll throw it out there if stagger is screwing with your aim there are perks that can reduce the effect in both games harden pro in ops and i'm not sure which in mw3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:41 am

I have to kontrol freaks to they do help. The problem that I run into a lot is I get excited when I am shooting and push down on the thumb stick when I make my corrections. It helps sometimes but hurts just as just as much when I have someone lined up and I drop down behind a wall. I have been working on keeping a light thumb when aiming. It has helped a lot with my aim but my bad habbit die hard and still tend to have a heavy thumb from time to time.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:04 am

Biz that made me laugh because I was doing that constantly yesterday. Stand behind cover get a couple of shots on target and drop shop said cover. I just had to laugh at myself.

Chucky I feel your pain. When I go through those issues I have to start hipfiring into ADS. It is probably not the best method but it works for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
xXx G3TZUM xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:53 am

I have this happen too often, and usually I find its because I let that encounter adrenaline kick get the better of me. I recentally turned off vibration which has helped quite a bit with feeling jumpy; try this first imo.

The FPS Freeks/control stck extenders mentioned above are great (i picked yp a pack and use it on my RIGHT stick only, and now play with a 7-8 sensitivity). I do find that it can make the problem worse though if you have a finger spaz, but I just reduce the sensitivity for a bit to offset a bad finger twitch day.

Edit - said left stick for fps freeks, but meant right....

Last edited by Soulja777 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:05 am

When you get all twitchy fingered take a break and go rub one off to relax .or just lower you sensitivity for a bit sometimes we get a connection that's better then we're use to in cod .
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:06 am

And I drop shot walls all the time .
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:48 am

wore out controller will affect this

kontrol freaks will help

try reducing sensitivity and work your way back up gradually

try using FOCUS on your weapon - which reduces flinch when you're being shot
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:51 am

I Really can't say enough about hip fireing. Running with a smg nd hip fireing u going. Win most gun fights when guys pop up. I will only use a.r now if I'm defending a choke point.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:04 am

Lotta good points here so there's not much I can add. Best thing is to drop you sensitivity down and try some Kontrol Freaks.

Also, watch this video from Tmartn which explains how Auto Aim works and which attachments enhance it.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 am

Also check out Despotic's tips on aiming.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Trust me. Your accuracy is not as bad as mine
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Nelson77 wrote:
Trust me. Your accuracy is not as bad as mine

But your taste in tits is exquisite!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
chuckystylez1970

chuckystylez1970

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks so much everyone for the great advice!! Ironically I had kontrol freeks on my controller until about 2 weeks ago (painted my controllers and took them off) I didin't think I needed them. I will be putting them back on and giving that a try.

Ninjesmurf, love the advice!! (rub one out lol)

Nelson, love the boobies!! (I forgot what I was doing for a couple minutes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I get some advice?   Can I get some advice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can I get some advice?
Page 1 of 1