Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Advice on headset Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Advice on headset

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:06 am

I am getting ready to purchase a new headset. I had turtle beach X3's a while ago and liked them. Did not like the annoyance of batteries but they sounded good. Any one else have other brands they'd recommend? I don't want to break the bank, something cheap that sounds decent with a good mic are my requirements.
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:54 am

Many threads discussing this. Question to ask yourself:

Wired or wireless?

Mic monitoring a necessity?

Exactly how much do you want to spend?

Probably the best value are the ps3 wireless. Very sturdy and they just buffed them with mic monitoring. $99.

You can score wired ones for less, but the sacrifices are stereo vs full surround.

I personally have the PX5s and like them very much. They do eat batteries though, but, at least you can change the batteries and still play, otherwise you need a long wire to recharge them while playing. AAs in bulk are about .39 each, so about .78 cents every 2 weeks or so for me.
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:56 am

PX5s all the freaking way... Energizer rechargables, baby...
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 am

MANIC wrote:
PX5s all the freaking way... Energizer rechargables, baby...

How long do they last? I never actually thought of that because AAs at Sam's club are pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 am

Well I have the P11's and am loving it. I have no need for wireless considering I play within 5 feet of my tv.
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:16 am

No children, Vegas? 'Cause my ass is about 5 feet away as well but my 2 rabid monkeys don't understand Video Game portocal about NOT walking/playing around my "ZONE"
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:17 am

I have the PX21s I love the sound. But am on my second set. Wire in the head set broke. I took headset all apart, fixed problem. Worked for a couple weeks then died again. As far as being teathered to the PS3 hate having the cord streached all the way across the room. Dogs and kids are always stepping over it kicking it and then it pulls out of PS3. I guess that is better then ps3 hitting floor tho.
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:27 am

Dogs that love chewing on wires- check
2 kids 9 and under who run in front of the TV constantly- check
1 additional VERY active wire-pulling rug rat- check
Wife that bitches about bundles of wire on floor- check

Being able to neutralize all of the above with wireless headset- priceless!
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:45 pm

thanks guys. I have two under 5 but usually don't play until they're in bed. I'd forgot to mention I'd like to take whatever I buy to work with me as a normal head phones for music/movies.
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:38 pm

I took my PX5s on the plane and used them to stream music from my iphone. Pretty cool. Plus you can remove the mic so you don't look like a dork.
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:14 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
I took my PX5s on the plane and used them to stream music from my iphone. Pretty cool. Plus you can remove the mic so you don't look like a dork.

Very nice, although I think looking like a dork is inevitable for me lol
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:01 am

Tritton ax720
Back to top Go down

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 am

I am a big fan of Triton. I am currently using the ax pros. Very sturdy, great sound quality. I do have to jiggle the optic cord once in a while though if the sound gets wonky.
Back to top Go down
dmiles

dmiles

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 1:48 am

i have the px21 and it sounds good but i've got a short in it and only one side works most of the time. i'm probably gonna go wireless this time.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:05 am

I have the TB x41's and they're awesome - my only gripe was battery life but I recently started using eneloope rechargables and now they're 9 out of 10 imo

they're wireless but you still require a cord to the controller for chat - if you want to invest big money TB has new bluetooth headset thats 200+ bucks

anyhow surround sound simulation is great, my only complaint was battery life and now that i started using different rechargables i have no gripes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:19 am

What every you get, I would recommend getting a set that has 5.1 or even 7.1 dolby surround. It makes a huge difference. The Triton ax720s and TB X31/41 both have great reviews. If you spend around $100 - $150 you'll get something good. I would stick with a Triton or TB, stay away from some of the off brands like Skull Candy or Razer.

I personally hate dealing with batteries so everything I have is wired. But I also have a basement thats "off limits" so I can leave my stuff out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:36 am

I'm looking at the Astro A40s. Been looking at lots of reviews on Youtube and, from what I can tell, they are very popular in the pro gaming community. Although they are expensive ($249) for wired they seem to be very good.

As well, the mic can be removed to use at work for listening to music.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:49 am

There is no question the Astro's are nice however you have a shit ton more clutter with the mix amp. Also for the price I'd rather invest in a fully wireless (even chat) Turtle Beaches HERE.

I'll put it this way - if you're an audiophile and you have some remarkably trained ear and can hear the subtlest of differences in sound then go Astro.

If you're like the majority of us get great sound at great value with Turtle Beach or similar.

NOTE: if this is for xbox and you don't have the newer version that has the spdif (optical audio port) you will need an adapter. Its literally like 3 bucks on amazon and it splits spdif out from the proprietary a/v connector on the xbox side.

Here is what it looks like. Again this is used if you do not have an optical out source (required by the surround sound transmitter).

Advice on headset 31GwTUUR3RL._SL500_AA300_

Obviously using this adapter means you'll also need to use HDMI as your a/v source for the TV. If you're already using a surround sound receiver you can use its output for the transmitter and disregard the above.

One last side note about the x41s they are incredibly comfortable. I've used them in upwards of 6+ hours and you forget they're on your head. Regarding battery life - with the new eneloop rechargables I get about 8 hours of non stop game play with them. Before with Harbor Freight cheapo batteries I was getting 6 tops.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 pm

I'm also looking to replace my headset. Having read the advice already given (many thanks!), I was looking at the Turtle beach X12

Advice on headset Turtle-beach-ear-force-x12-gaming-headset

Relatively cheap they seem a bargin. Has anyone here used/know if they are any good however?

I also have 2 ankle bitters and one non-COD friendly wife who, well..... just don't get it bless them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice on headset Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice on headset   Advice on headset Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice on headset
Page 1 of 1