Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:22 pm

Tap3.

And fuck running...the only thing I feel after running is sore knees. I do the girly elliptical while catching up on DVR episodes of Hoarding. I'm addicted to that show. I want to smack those enablers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Hoarders is a great show. It's like a train wreck. Its alwasy the same thing, but you can't help but look and be amazed anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:37 pm

It's probably not a good show for me to watch because I get angry.

I'm yelling at the TV "what the fuck is wrong with you! There are a hundred filthy disease-ridden mice living in your goddamn kitchen you sick slob!"

It's actually the family members I get most upset with...they need to step the fuck up and start throwing shit out...Mom will forgive you if you toss out a few broken pieces of furniture you pansies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:46 pm

FBD wrote:
It's actually the family members I get most upset with...they need to step the fuck up and start throwing shit out...Mom will forgive you if you toss out a few broken pieces of furniture you pansies.

Having a family member who is a hoarder I can tell you it's not that easy. We've tried overt help, stealth cleaning, and gone into head to head yelling and screaming matches. Legally, you have no authority to take someone else's property, and frankly, you aren't going to change someones behavior by that method. They'll just go buy more stuff.

I'm not about to get butthurt over the generalization, however. Smile

Side note, my co-worker (Dave) and his wife (Patty) are on S1:E1 of Hoarders. I talked with him at length about it. Once they cleared the house out, it filled three (3) full tractor trailers. It instigated the divorce and fractured the relationship with his daughter.

Wini may be able to speak on it better in terms of he psychological issue. All I can close with, is that it ain't that easy if you want to maintain a relationship with that person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:00 pm

My apologies if I made a generalization Andersson. My wife's grandmother was a hoarder and it frustrated the hell out of me because they would not stand up to her. All situations are different and these hoarders have very deep psychological issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:29 pm

FBD wrote:
My apologies if I made a generalization Andersson. My wife's grandmother was a hoarder and it frustrated the hell out of me because they would not stand up to her. All situations are different and these hoarders have very deep psychological issues.

No apology necessary.

Hugs and Kisses,

Erik

PS When you getting BF3? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Fuck...I only get 3-5 hours a week for MW3! Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:47 pm

FBD wrote:

That's super sad. That's 3-5 hours per week that you could be enjoying BF3....... bounce

Come to the dark side, we have unicorns.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 pm

And possibly Dinosaurs. Very Happy when you get to that max prestige I expect to see your nooby ass in BF3 learning the ropes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Max prestige? No chance in hell...I'm only 6 I think...9 more to go! Very Happy

I'm finding my way in MW3 now...I'm up to a manly 1.3KD!!! Razz Got a little ways to go on the W/L...my goal is 2.0, and I think I'm at 1.7.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Try eating a salad once in a while you fat fuck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:41 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
FBD wrote:

That's super sad. That's 3-5 hours per week that you could be enjoying BF3....... bounce

Come to the dark side, we have unicorns.

Whoa...whoa...unicorns? I was not told about the unicorns...damn, now I'm tempted...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Oh FFS I guess I should leave a serious answer since this obviously making you worry about your health.

I can't be bothered to read all the other posts so I'll probably repeat a lot of what's been said.

Avoid, saturated fats and to much salt. So for you that probably means cut out.

Red Meat(Lean Steak as an occasional treat), Full fat Milk & Cream, less cheese(zero processed cheese), No shit processed foods/take away, No Super Size Meals, try not to eat to much fried food. If you love a good brekkie make it at home Poach your eggs. Grill meat if you insist on eating it. And Peanut Butter is definite no no, full of hydrogenated fat(fat molecules with added water for that mmm lovely gloopy consistency of PB, that also sticks to the walls of your arteries)

Have, fresh fruit n veg. White Meat and Fish, nuts etc... Oh and Pasta should be ok just have more tomato based sauces and don't eat to much of it(for your weight)

Bringing me on to your Obstructive Sleep Apnoea, you may know already but just incase your Doctor didn't explain to much

Fit healthy ppl breath when their Carbon Dioxide levels raise, CO2 the bi product of respiration. So the reflex that stimulates breathing is set off by CO2, to expell CO2.

Now when you have an obstruction of the airway at night, you shift less air which means your CO2 levels become higher during sleep. Eventually your body gets used to this, and eventually if not dealt with your Normal Respiratory drive(CO2 response) will change. And a raised CO2 will no longer stimulate breathing.
Then you will not breath until the Oxygen levels in your blood start to drop below normal levels, this is called Hypoxic Drive. So low O2 saturation of the blood stimulates breathing.

Having low levels of oxygen means tissues in your body can die, or not repair themselves. The one your gonna be worried about is your heart... eventually don't panic sounds like you could turn this around with a few lifestyle changes.

Once you have to sleep in a chair, with an O2 mask and a Positive Airway Pressure device then I'd say your fucked.

If the sleep tests that have been done haven't given you any feedback there are a few things you can do.

Look online and see if you can buy a cheap - Portable Pulse Oximeter that records data. This will tell you when/how often you stop breathing throughout the night. Also it'll show you how low your O2 levels drop. If they don't drop your Sleep Ap is mild so don't panic.

So you've already looked at a few reasons for the obstruction, and your getting your T's n A's removed.
- Deviated septum/Narrow Nasal passages (try one of those Nasal strips)
- Do you smoke if so think of quiting
- Try to sleep on your side not your back, prop pillows behind you to stop you rolling onto your back

- Here's the biggest cause being overweight

I know you don't look overweight, but your a big guy. So if your carrying most of your body fat around your waist that's gonna be a problem. Fat in and around your Abdomen will raise your intra-abdominal pressure, this makes it harder for the Diaphragm to pull down and therefore your lungs cannot create the negative pressure they need to suck air in.
This is why I said try not to sleep on your back. It's like trying to breathe normally with someone sat on your tummy.

So to sum up eat healthy, and when you go to work out concentrate more on cardio and fat burning than hitting the weights. And remember you don't have to keep eating until you can't fit any more in(portion control)

Hope I didn't repeat to much, and maybe something I typed will be useful. Can't believe I felt a twinge of guilt for taking the piss in my last post. What is wrong with me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:06 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
FBD wrote:

No apology necessary.

Hugs and Kisses,

Erik

PS When you getting BF3? Smile

Anderson- WTF. This was your chance to guilt FBD into buying BF3. looks like this "Yes, well, I am all sorts of offended and unless you want a suicide note buy BF3 and abandon the MW3 lag nightmare. Also we have unicorns and BACON THAT LOWERS YOUR BP. If you can't see that as a win win then it is likely that you need to be on a reality show so we can pass judgment on you".

As to hoarding... I don’t deal with it. None on my caseload. If the house is as bad as what I see on that show a call to CPS would call CPS from their living room. "Would you like to call or would you like me to" is the standard approach unless you think they may shoot you. Seriously though, I would not treat it out of the gate since I don’t know. I would look for some training first. I can do trauma, I can do parenting, I can manipulate teens into changing how they think. Getting people to part with their stuff? Specialized work for sure.

As to the why... Issues with object relations jumps out at me initially, but I would have to assess personally. Even then, I am not sure how to rebuild that critical structure. Reframing and other cognitive work would need a lot of prep first, if it would work at all. I imagine it is like treating substance abuse where there is a lot of recidivism. The same oragan that leads some of us to become the leader of the free world or run a Forbes 500 company can drive us to do some pretty weird stuff with the same drive. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me feel a little bit hopeless. The worst part is they dont want to be hoarders but cant stop. If they could they would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?   High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

High Cholesterol/High BP- any tips?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2