Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Scuf controller?

Go down 
+8
Ichty
mwhop78
Winners
TydenWolf
pariah_81
Maverick9227
Sr Slampiece
DELTAxDOG
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DELTAxDOG

Scuf controller? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:11 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:

Do they put hair triggers on the PS3 controller? I wouldn't think you would want it but its been so long since Ive picked up a PS3 controller.

Are you comfortable with the tactical layout? For me when I ran it and I tried to drop shot I would be aiming all over the place. Personally, I would go back to the default and use the right paddle for drop shot. The whole point is to not have to take your finger/thumb off your aim to drop down.

That's just my two cents but I'm an idiot, just ask the other Xbox'ers.

I agree with everything, and i mean everything, Slam just said!

If you read the link i posted about the ps3 one it has some kinda diffrent set up for the triggers. I would trust Scuf, they make an exclent product.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:46 pm

I run the tactical layout and found that for me, once I got used to it, it was easy to dropshot and outgun people. With that said, I sacrificed the ability to quickly knife since my finger was no longer on that button, so now i rarely win knife face offs. This is why the scuff controller is looking so attractive to me- it solves that problem in addition to also having your finger on the jump button. This, along with the extended concave aiming stick, hair trigger/ trigger stop, and "no-slow" turning (whatever the hell that is) means I'll probably get one- when my current controller wears out at the latest! I know I'll continue to be just a casual gamer, but I look at it like this is just an all-around better controller- for all my games. The only thing I'll miss is the awesome transforming D-pad on my silver controller!

Last edited by DpwnShift on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Thanks for the replies guys....I'm pretty comfortable with the tac layout but like has been said rarely win knife fights now.....scuf recommend using tactical flipped so maybe that's where the hair trigger comes in
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:07 pm

DpwnShift wrote:
The only thing I'll miss is the awesome transforming D-pad on my silver controller!

I think they have that one or you can send them your silver one and have it "scuffed" as they say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Yep they will mod any old one you send them
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:09 pm

A few things to remember I just received mine and a have a few complaints the first one is Don't dome the sticks its a hard top compared to the softer grippier coating that the normal controller has. Also the scuff back coating is a waste of money I thought that it would help my grip when my hands were sweating but that is not the case otherwise holy cow it's awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:10 pm

plus if you order make sure that you find a promo code to use like WICKED if gives you 5% off which is better than nothing.
Back to top Go down
Horst Schist

Horst Schist

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:20 pm

This service was available for less than $50 (I think) when I purchased mine. They had a disclaimer about the working quality of the submitted controller and the one I wanted to send in was a little worn; sticky sticks and such. I decided to purchase new because they do not repair/replace anything on the controller, only add-ons.

Anyhow, I wanted to say I can't find this service listed any longer on their website. Might be overloaded with new orders. Seems to be a hot item.
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 am

They have it Horst but you have to click on the "SERVICES" tab in order to get to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:08 am

For those interested in PS3 Scuf controllers, they have 30+ in stock as of today. They were out of stock yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:39 pm

@Maverick9227 & DELTAxDOG
I know they can modify my existing controller, but I think I want to go wired this time. I know the response time is probably negligible but it would also mean no more charging the controller. Honestly, if Microsoft released a WIRED version of their fantastic silver controller (with the transforming D-pad), that would be the absolute perfect option. Also, I'd rather just start with a new controller that hasn't started to wear out yet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Ill be ordering my scuff controll for xbox and for ps3 next week since my son is getting a ps3 next week
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:21 pm

I just ordered mine too, Scooby. We'll have to see if it lives up to the hype!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Yup we sure will
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

It took them about 7 days for mine to get to me just FYI, also if you have the hair triggers TOO sensitive then other parts of the controller will not work like the analog sticks
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Also it was a little bit like waiting for Christmas like a little kid waiting for it to get here. There where times that I had to stop myself before I started to giggle like a little schoolgirl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 pm

My wife thinks im crazy for wanting to buy em lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:23 am

I feel like a kid waiting outside a candy store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Yeah, it's a good thing I'm the patient type! *sarcasm*
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:23 pm

I remember how you guys feel lol now i treat the thing like a newborn baby. They rock guys, i tend to hop more than drop now that i have one though, and you gotta make sure you dont put your finger on the trigger to rough or you will fire when you dont want to. I do that shit all the time lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 pm

I just got my tracking number from scuf gaming. I should get it may 1st and my fps Freaks should get here on the 30th. Plus a new tv this weekend.

And then they will all be broke may 2nd because I rage destroy everything. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:38 am

But Bizotch, think how nice your SCUF will look sticking out of your new plasma!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:03 am

It will be a true 3D tv then. HAHA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:49 am

haven't read the whole post. what are the pros cons and are they mainly for cod?
Back to top Go down
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:24 am

are these things really worth the money?
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 am

I may not be the one who should answer because its been a long time since i had my ps2. You get 2 buttons on the back and from what i understand from reading scufs page on the ps3 controller there is a diffrence in the way you guys buttons are set up? But yea they are for cod, on xbox i have jump (A) and prone (B) set up for my paddles. Any game where these buttons are used and you also have to use both sticks i would say they would still come in handy. As for pros and cons, the way scuf would say it is that it makes it so you can game at your full potental. In other words you fire as fast as possable, jump, drop, and aim all at once if need be. Cons: $ thats it lol. And to me its worth it. Back a couple pages on this topic i posted a link to scufs page where they describe what gets done to the ps3 one, check it out. You will want one lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scuf controller?   Scuf controller? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scuf controller?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next