Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Ever feel like you're getting worse?

Go down 
+5
Winners
Maverick9227
DELTAxDOG
walldoggy
TydenWolf
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:31 am

I think also its a factor of we sometimes go up against teens with better reaction time, or they are simply amped up on something.

It seems like some kids forgot their riddlin and I image them jumping around the room as they are playing.

I have watched my 12 year old grandson and I amazed at his reaction time compared to mine.

After all, we are on the lower end of the gaming curve.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:43 am

I don't think I'm getting worse, though my K/D has been on a steady decline for awhile, one explanation for that though is my newfound love of the throwing knife and shotguns...I use them extensively for my own amusement. When I find that I'm not playing well though I have a couple go to set-ups...mainly ACR, Blind Eye, Assassin, Marksman and I get real campy...uh I mean defensive Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:06 am

The easiest thing is to drink water while you play because i do and i found out it relaxes me and makes the game less stressful because i am calm, but thats just me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:12 pm

I did a bit better last night by trying a few things. I switch to Assault streaks so that I really tried to hit my streak... I ran hardline, w/ uav, care package, and predator missile as I rarely go beyond a four point streak.

Funny thing is if I really think about trying not to die I do better. I also switch to frags and concussion grenades. I had been playing w/ claymores and radar. It just gave me more weapons. I think I get very vengeful and run back to get the guy who got me, usually resulting in that guy just killing me again. Hiding around corners and slowing down helped. My K/d was close(r) to positive or even over a few games, and I had about 4 20 kill games.

There are still a bunch of times when I couldn't resist going around the corner knowing I would get popped and then getting killed. Baby steps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:01 pm

I personally watch a lot of kill cams, because that little bit of time lets me cool off after a death...but I know a lot of people say to hit square right away so you're not even tempted to go back after the guy...running for revenge kills is a great way to die repeatedly...
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:15 pm

hoffyguns wrote:
I personally watch a lot of kill cams, because that little bit of time lets me cool off after a death..."

Not only does watching kill cams help me cool off it's also helped me identify some of my bad habits. All these maps are so small it's easy to get into patterns, or movements within the flow of the map that will consistently put you in a bad spot...and there are always other players you'll come up against that are aware of that and will really take advantage of it. Particularly if you start raging after them.

Breaking my patterns has been even more important in Team matches. My FFA style of game-play, which I think is OK, does not really work in Team matches. I've watched some kill cams and taken a lot of embarrassment which, in the long run, has been helpful.

Also the whole switching classes thing...I found that each time I unlocked a gun I was unstoppable (FFA) for like a week with that gun, then it would totally drop off. Would think it would be the reverse, but again I think it is a case of starting to fall into habits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:01 pm

^^^

Watch your killcams. 3 things will happen.

1. you will be certain about how you died. IMPORTANT: if you are wrong about how you died, you will repeat that mistake. With all the explosions and loud killstreaks going on, it is possible to think you died from a nade when you actually got shot by someone you didn't see.

2. after 5 seconds of killcam, the odds of the guy that killed you still being there when you get back are slim, EVEN IF you are certain that they're just laying there prone camping a door. Odds are one of your camperbuster teammates got him, and you will just die by being there when the badguy comes back.

3. you will gain valuable information for your team. It is possible that you will see 3 or 4 of the badguy's teammates in the killcam. This means at the very least that you will know where they don't have time to be yet. Calling out "4 by my corpse" or "most of them are between A and B" can be VERY helpful to your team.

Myth: Killcams give you a chance to cool off before getting back into the fight.
Fact: Killcams sometimes make me FAR more hotheaded than I was before I saw just how lucky that piece of shit camper got!

FACT: Killcams will OFTEN show you how much lag you have. Did you start shooting the back of a badguy only to have him turn around and mow you down? I bet the killcam showed you never fired a shot, or were not even looking at him when you were firing. Lag is frustrating to all of us, but you can compensate for it when you KNOW how bad it is.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:05 am

CaptainHammer420 wrote:
Myth: Killcams give you a chance to cool off before getting back into the fight.
Fact: Killcams sometimes make me FAR more hotheaded than I was before I saw just how lucky that piece of shit camper got!

SO TRUE. Good point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever feel like you're getting worse?   Ever feel like you're getting worse? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever feel like you're getting worse?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2