Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Close Quarters initial review

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Close Quarters initial review Empty
PostSubject: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:31 pm

Just want to give my opinion on the first few matches in close quarters. Much faster pace than the normal maps. maps are set up good, definitely don't want to camp as there are many ways to and from the objectives. the objectives are not set up that two are easier to hold, their location prevent this. did not run into as many shotguns as I thought, only a couple (maybe the lobby). lots of points to score in a short time. matches I played went down to the wire, very close. the biggest help was spawning on your squad. IMO these maps are set up well for this type of gameplay. look forward to the general release so we can get a full side of 30's. Definitly unlock the aug when you get a chance, that weapon is the shit. one more thing, assault class to revive is what I was using and it helped a lot to keep the squad on the objective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:45 pm

I bought premium last night , played one match of conquest domination I was like a fat boy on punchki day . I love it random spawns or spawn on your squad dedicated servers it is all the things us mw3 players have been complaining we wanted !!! Hopefully they will release more maps like this for conquest domination .Don't like, tanks, jets, helicopters, running a million miles , love mw3 domination but tired of lag comp , Pick up this expansion for bf3 and play conquest domination you wont regret it !!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:57 pm

So is CQ feel a little more like a CoD game? Also I can pick up just the CQ maps for $15 right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:01 pm

yeah it does without kill streaks , but I'll trade kill streaks for dedicated servers any day of the week , not sure how much it will be but should be around the 15 dollar mark .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:03 pm

here ya go check it out

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:11 pm

Nice vid DS! I confirmed the CQ map pack is $15, comes with 4 maps and 10 weapons.

What I want to know is how many of the "regular" BF3 players plan on playing CQ and how often? Will it be played the majority of the time or are most of you still going to stick with Conquest and the larger maps with the vehicles?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:15 pm

Tuna is sure to excel on this map... jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:30 pm

jsavvy wrote:
Nice vid DS! I confirmed the CQ map pack is $15, comes with 4 maps and 10 weapons.

What I want to know is how many of the "regular" BF3 players plan on playing CQ and how often? Will it be played the majority of the time or are most of you still going to stick with Conquest and the larger maps with the vehicles?

Due to being burned on DLC from IW we have been taking a wait and see attitude, that is where I am at. I think Nixon has said he will get the CQC, but you will have to ask him to be sure. I prefer Infantry to vehicles anyway and that has been where I usually excel (when I am exceling), so it is likely I will be getting this DLC.

This vid reminds me of the mansion map from BO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:34 pm

I have to say that I agree with both Dark and Sic, this game type was fun as hell! I love the layout, and the size of the map are not to big for this game type. I did run into a few shottys, but not annoying. Team work and right squad layouts will definitely help. I was running Assault and got a ton of point just reviving my squad. I went 35-28 and got like 11,000 xp in my first CQD match. The maps are still big just in a more compact area, multiple levels. I think that if this does not lure more COD players over that are on the fence than nothing will. This is a great expansion! Oh and yeah the Aug is amazing, but the ACW-R has such little kick that it does not feel like you are even shotting it. Makes it hard to know if you are even shooting it. I kind of don't like it, but maybe just need to get used to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
jsavvy wrote:

Due to being burned on DLC from IW we have been taking a wait and see attitude, that is where I am at. I think Nixon has said he will get the CQC, but you will have to ask him to be sure. I prefer Infantry to vehicles anyway and that has been where I usually excel (when I am exceling), so it is likely I will be getting this DLC.

This vid reminds me of the mansion map from BO

Yeah im on the fence with this one. Id love to have some new gameplay but im cautious about being burned again and besides my funds are tight right now. If i only spend $15 and buy the CQ DLC its not available till 6/19 so thats another week and a half wait and i have a feeling by then ill be left out playing solo. I have a few hundred in Walmart gift cards laying that i was saving towards a new tv but maybe i could use $50 and get a psn card.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:33 pm

So the new downloads are worth getting?? Have been taking a hiatus from BF since Diablo 3 came out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 11:23 pm

I've downloaded it, but I have not played it yet. Hopefully this weekend.

You all know you will buy it...otherwise you will be kicked off servers when the maps rotate. Avoiding servers with the maps on it will eventually be difficult.

When we finally all have it, I'd like to add them to the map rotation on the server. Hell, I'm even starting to like Metro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:24 am

jsavvy wrote:

You show up and I'll join up. I'm liking these maps and gameplay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:38 am

Obticeo Sicarius wrote:
jsavvy wrote:

Same goes for me Savvy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:05 am

I have played a few gams on a couple of new maps.

TDM is not to bad on the maps, because I sitll don't know where everything is, I have been getting my ass kicked on CQ on the new maps. Not sure of the name of them but you have 3 flags and it seems like they are on 3 different floors. I get so turned around, will take some time getting use to.

The Gun Game is another thing I like, you go thru 18 weapons, have to get 2 kills to move onto the next weapon, (good way to get a few pistol kills for the assignments). Anyways you have to end the game by knifing someone. Not sure if its the same weapons everytime or if it changes.

The reason I bought the premium is I figure I will buy all the maps anyways. Plus when I started playing BF3 when I would be in the 30 server would get a game or 2 in then get booted because I didn't have the map pack.

Another plus I have found with the expansion is the AUG.

Just my 2 cents.

Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:32 am

So you have to buy premium to have th cq maps...right? I am having a hard time adjusting to all that goes on in a game, but my first few hours have not been too bad. Except last night when I was initiated by fellow clannies. Might buy a cheat kit. Which one should I get? I am leaning towards assault or engineering....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:38 am

^^Miggilly, not sure if you realize, but you can switch teams in the Squad and team menu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:02 am

miggilly wrote:
So you have to buy premium to have th cq maps...right? I am having a hard time adjusting to all that goes on in a game, but my first few hours have not been too bad. Except last night when I was initiated by fellow clannies. Might buy a cheat kit. Which one should I get? I am leaning towards assault or engineering....

No you do not need Premium for the new maps, you can wait a alittle over a week and get them for 15. My opinion I would get the Premium over one of the classes if I was going to spend money on the game. Then do the assingment to get the AUG.

Again just 2 cents from another BF3 NOOB.

And by the way Miggilly good games lastnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:22 pm

Freak-OU812 wrote:
Obticeo Sicarius wrote:
jsavvy wrote:

Same goes for me Savvy!

I appreciate this guys, I am going to pick up a PSN card this weekend (hopefully today) and buy the CQ map pack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:35 pm

The map pack isnt out for a little over a week... some of us have it because we bought Premium then you get it 2 weeks early. If I am mistaken on this feel free to correct me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 1:42 pm

u404398 wrote:
The map pack isnt out for a little over a week... some of us have it because we bought Premium then you get it 2 weeks early. If I am mistaken on this feel free to correct me.

That explains why someone on here mentioned that CQ is available on 6/19
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:03 pm

jsavvy wrote:
u404398 wrote:

That explains why someone on here mentioned that CQ is available on 6/19

That's right, only available for premium right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 pm

I am so going to be on tonight! Hope my connection works now?!?! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Well, damn the torpedos, I just ponied up and bought premium at Gamestop. I'll install when I get home and cross my fingers I don't get burned like with Elite.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:39 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Well, damn the torpedos, I just ponied up and bought premium at Gamestop. I'll install when I get home and cross my fingers I don't get burned like with Elite.

Nate I've had it for four days now and already am more satisfied than elite has given me in eight months.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close Quarters initial review
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next