Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Close Quarters initial review

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Well after one night playing a few CQ matches im not too overly thrilled. Just not my cup of tea. Yeah i know i dont know the maps well enough but it wasnt any fun for me. I dont mind closer quarters fighting but those maps are over the top. Way too many nooks and crannies for people to hide or pop out of. Everything seemed cluttered and too tiring being constantly shot from behind with either a shotty or F2000/Famas/MP7. I know EA/Dice was looking for a change and maybe grab some COD players to their side but its not what BF games are all about. Oh well i paid $15 for some new assignments and weapons is how i have look at it i guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:58 pm

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
Well after one night playing a few CQ matches im not too overly thrilled. Just not my cup of tea. Yeah i know i dont know the maps well enough but it wasnt any fun for me. I dont mind closer quarters fighting but those maps are over the top. Way too many nooks and crannies for people to hide or pop out of. Everything seemed cluttered and too tiring being constantly shot from behind with either a shotty or F2000/Famas/MP7. I know EA/Dice was looking for a change and maybe grab some COD players to their side but its not what BF games are all about. Oh well i paid $15 for some new assignments and weapons is how i have look at it i guess.

The pace is dizzying, but I hope there is a way we can make a plan for these maps and stake out some territory and defend it like we did in BO.

The map inside that Art Deco place... holy crap. That place is intense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:02 pm

It will grow on you. I disliked the CGQ maps at first, but now like them as I know them much better and can predict the flow of people alot more. Definetely easier to level up your weapons on the CQC maps as the kills are higher and infantry on infantry only. The weapons are worth it to me just for the DLC. I have yet to play the gun master game, but it seems like a good change of pace so I may have to give that a try.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:12 pm

last night had the most shotguns I have run into since getting the maps. I don't know if it was because the general release was yesterday or what. it helps to know the routes to the flags.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm

I feel peer pressure building up for the close quarters DLC....sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Peer Pressure is a bitch! I am liking the DLC. Conquest Dom is fun, but TDM on the small maps is also fun, I just hate that you can't spawn on your squad in TDM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:43 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
It will grow on you. I disliked the CGQ maps at first, but now like them as I know them much better and can predict the flow of people alot more. Definetely easier to level up your weapons on the CQC maps as the kills are higher and infantry on infantry only. The weapons are worth it to me just for the DLC. I have yet to play the gun master game, but it seems like a good change of pace so I may have to give that a try.

Gun master was not terrible. I got stuck at the first gun and once I got past that things were better. Didn't place top 5, but I did not finish last. I would not mind it being in the rotation just for a sick EU30 style break.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:04 pm

I love Gun Master, but I find its either thoroughly enjoyable or terribly frustrating. It's the kinda game that's really fun in a private lobby.

It can also be very annoying for less skilled players, especially the ones that are not that good with pistols. For me I just hate the Magnum and the PP-19.

It would be cool if you could create a custom gun master game with a custom set of weapons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:

Gun master was not terrible. I got stuck at the first gun and once I got past that things were better. Didn't place top 5, but I did not finish last. I would not mind it being in the rotation just for a sick EU30 style break.

GM is something I'll go to every once in a while. When I can start in a new lobby (not come in mid-game), I can typically do well, but trying to climb out of a 4-5 gun hole with a pistol is painful.

I really like the new maps as a change of pace from the large maps such as CB, OF, etc. The new weapons are formidible, especially the ACW. I just won the MP5 and its looking to be a solid gun, especially after an extended mag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:53 pm

I guess im the only one that doesnt like the new modes or maps. Tried them for the second night and i hate them worse than the first time. Maybe playing BF3 has changed my FPS game style and skills. I used to enjoy the frantic gameplay and such but not anymore. Just seems like too much chaos and no strategy. Kinda like running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:08 pm

I now really dislike Gun master. I tried it for a bit and got owned. I did okay with the pistols until I got to the .44 mag. Couldn't hit shit or get a kill with it and by the time I got it everyone else was rocking PP19's and scars and you just can't compete against that with a crappy .44 mag. Not a fun game unless you are good with all weapons. Maybe I'll try it again some day and not in a lobby full of high ranked colonels. I still want my M5K dammit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
I now really dislike Gun master. I tried it for a bit and got owned. I did okay with the pistols until I got to the .44 mag. Couldn't hit shit or get a kill with it and by the time I got it everyone else was rocking PP19's and scars and you just can't compete against that with a crappy .44 mag. Not a fun game unless you are good with all weapons. Maybe I'll try it again some day and not in a lobby full of high ranked colonels. I still want my M5K dammit.

meh. I like it for a change of pace, but certainly not for a whole night. The 44 seperates the men from the boys. Once past that, the weapons get much better until the JNG-90. I don't like that in CQB at all!

The MP5 is worth the pain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:39 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:

I'm with you. I was in a match with you last night and fucking hated it. As for the new maps, it seems ok for a change of pace, but I felt much better once I ended up in Metro (WHA????) with the rest of you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm typically making a bee line for the objective, and all that running gets me killed in GM. When I slow down, ADS around corners, check my six (for Darkker-types), and generally patrol more than sprint around, I win alot more gunfights. I'm no hardcore killer, but I did place 2nd last night by 1 kill when I implementing that strategy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:14 pm

Agreed Darkker. After cqc Metro and Seine feel downright relaxing.

I really want the MP5 so I will end up struggling through gun game. All I hear is some magnum haters. Revolvers are for real men!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:21 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
Revolvers are for real men!

and Winicott1001.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:18 pm

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
I guess im the only one that doesnt like the new modes or maps. Tried them for the second night and i hate them worse than the first time. Maybe playing BF3 has changed my FPS game style and skills. I used to enjoy the frantic gameplay and such but not anymore. Just seems like too much chaos and no strategy. Kinda like running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

I think that if you had a full side of 8. assigning each squad to a flag and be responsible to hold that flag could eliminate the chicken with the head cut off feeling. spawn beacon placed strategically and holding down your flag might help. each squad member taking on a role of each load out, assault to revive, or two not much for engineer, lmg with resupply and recon for beacon and t-ugs. i don't know, just a thought. gun master is hit or miss. I've good and bad on that one, overall I like the new maps. Looking forward to the vehicle mega-gigantic maps though too. bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:53 pm

vehicle meg-gigantic maps FTW! I am looking forward to those the most. Artillery piece should be interesting. If they do it right it will be like the mortar with a hell of a lot more range, explosive, and larger kill radius, along with smoke. laser guided shells for artillery exist so that would be a great add on attachment for it. Wonder if it will be a 155 Palladin or just a piece Striker/LAV platform with a 120mm mortar in the back?
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:38 pm

played a couple of conquest domination matches last nite and i really liked the fast paced play. you can score alot of points because of the frantic pace of capping the flags.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:35 pm

I've heard a few guys say they thought CQ was a little too intense. I actually like it. So if I'm going to play more of it, which of you guys should I invite?

I'm sure everyone of you will play it every now and then, but who really likes it?

^^^ Got Kamea and Anderson on the list ^^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:44 pm

Kagan wrote:
I've heard a few guys say they thought CQ was a little too intense. I actually like it. So if I'm going to play more of it, which of you guys should I invite?

I'm sure everyone of you will play it every now and then, but who really likes it?

^^^ Got Kamea and Anderson on the list ^^^

It can get too intense at times, especially if you are playing against a good team. Spawning on teammates who are in the middle of a gun fight usually ends poorly. I find that spawning randomly switches the pace up and allows me to slow down, get some bearings, and start making kills.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Im good for 1 maybe 2 rotations of the maps then i get bored/tired of them. Thats of course if they are only 100 or 200% tickets. GM is decent for a match or 2. This all depends on if im playing with clannies as playing CQ solo ive found to be a waste of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:17 pm

shoot me an invite, i'll join you. I agree random spawn or well placed spawn beacon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close Quarters initial review
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3