Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Close Quarters initial review

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:39 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Well, damn the torpedos, I just ponied up and bought premium at Gamestop. I'll install when I get home and cross my fingers I don't get burned like with Elite.

Nate I've had it for four days now and already am more satisfied than elite has given me in eight months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 am

After finally playing a few games of CQ, I will say that I like it. It's very fast paced and can be intense. The points that you can rack up are huge, not only because of the kills but the short time to take flags.

Sort of like what MW3 should have been...without the lag. Looking forward to getting a full squad of 30's on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:20 am

BTW, where is all the premium content on battlelog?
Seems like it should stop saying "Buy for PS3".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 1:40 pm

I think you can click on videos and watch the premium content.
Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:49 am

I think I will be buying premium myself, I bought the game for 40 and it already had a code for the first DLC. I am very curious about the cq part. This game has a lot to keep up with, but I like that. Gotta use ur big brain. Now I know why my video game trster friend told me this is the adult cod. Golfing today, so won't be on till later in the week. See ya'll (yes I live in texas) on the battlefield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Did someone say 'Spas'?

Got Premium but still haven't played CQ yet, still running with a few EUK trying to find a clue. After watching this vid I'm beyond fucking sold without even playing CQ and maybe I'll get to play with some of my favorite OG assfuckers again...

Now to all my OG Krew that left MW to BF and are still friends with me on my ManicEcho profile...please drop that one and add... X-xMANICx-X...that includes you Savvy if ya plan on playing BF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Did someone say 'Spas'?

Got Premium but still haven't played CQ yet, still running with a few EUK trying to find a clue. After watching this vid I'm beyond fucking sold without even playing CQ and maybe I'll get to play with some of my favorite OG assfuckers again...

Now to all my OG Krew that left MW to BF and are still friends with me on my ManicEcho profile...please drop that one and add... X-xMANICx-X...that includes you Savvy if ya plan on playing BF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:06 pm

after back to back order overs this weekend I'll be getting on a lot the next three days. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:12 pm

So for those that have played CQ does it have more of a gun on gun CoD feel to it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 pm

It feels exactly like cod except for kill streaks and lag comp with destructible environments , shotguns cant kill from across the map they are very powerful short range which they should be . I feel if I get killed , he got the drop on me or out classed me not he had the better connection it feels more of an even battle not the team with the better connection wins only draw back is there is only 4 maps for it so far hopefully they will add more maps for domination .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:43 pm

played some more last night with freak and darksoul. Had a blast although the rum didn't help my reaction time. conquest dom is probably my favorite game mode now. a lot of action. I also played one gun master match, it is different than gun game because you are on teams. in the end the first to get 2 kills with each gun is the winner. that also is a great game mode. look forward to getting a full squad of 30's in conquest dom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:55 pm

It was great last night. The three of us played Conquest for hours before we realized that we all had the new maps then we had some great matches win or lose. I agree it will be so much fun once we get a whole group of 30s on those maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:09 pm

16 30's on one server playing , talk about 30 on 30 violence let the mayhem commence ..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:38 am

So I either buy the BF3 "Elite" thing for $50 (or whatever it is) to get it now or wait until the 19th when it is released to the rest of the world?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 am

yep. If you buy the Premium (BF3's elite) you get all the DLC's two weeks early and save a few bucks, plus you get some camos and a fancy knife. I was very hesitant to buy it after the Elite fiasco, but pulled the trigger last week. Glad I did. It has delivered on everything so far and done what it said it would do so that is a nice change. The CQC maps do feel much more like COD. I always suck at gun on gun play so I am awaiting the armored warfare pack DLC, but I'll roll with the 30 anytime I can get on (which isn't much lately)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am

After being stalwart against purchasing CQ, the positive reviews from 30 members and on the web ultimately pushed me to purchase it last weekend. I like the additional assignments, I like the new weapons, and the new maps are a nice change of pace.

That said, when running against an experienced OpFor, the pace is frantic. Like Metro smoking crack with Marion Barry while snorting coke off a hooker while dropping meth kind of frantic. When playing against less experienced players (which doesn't happen often it seems), you can hold two points fairly easy.

Huge points are available from all the flag caps since they are so close and turn over so often. (Games last night were running 1343 & 1347 SPM). While running with a couple of the Echo guys, we found that if everyone ran assault w/ health packs, we could continually revive each other and say up much longer. Ammo became the big issue, so I swapped to squad ammo and it helped.

All in all, the CQ maps are a fun for a change. Both the Premium & CQ assignments can be completed on any map since they are all get X kills with a carbine, c4, eod bot, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Are the close quarters maps part of a regular rotation? Kinda like servers that run all maps and then servers just for close combat (like there were with Karkand)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:14 pm

carlmuir wrote:
Are the close quarters maps part of a regular rotation? Kinda like servers that run all maps and then servers just for close combat (like there were with Karkand)?

You cant run both CQ and traditional maps together because of the player count (16 max in CQ). I'm not sure if you limit the number of players on traditional maps to 16 if you can then include the CQ maps into the rotation. I'll have to try that out.

Right now, most of what I have seen of the CQ maps are the 4 maps & 3 different game modes in some variation or another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Right now in the CQC DLC maps you are going to be facing experienced players who are high level colonels simply due to the fact that the majority of people who would buy Premium are hard core BF3 players. As the CQC maps hit the store as a $15 DLC in a week you will see more and more "casual players" in the new maps. Right now for me its go into CQC map, get my ass handed to me by better players who know the maps. pretty rough. I am having fun playing the old maps and getting the new weapons unlocked. I am after that M5K. Got the AUG, not as impressed with it as everyone else seems to rave about it.

Last edited by BigDaddyN8 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Right now in the CQC DLC maps you are going to be facing experienced players who are high level colonels

Agreed. Most teams have had at least one 100 Lvl and several 6x, 8x, etc. Hopefully they'll be more neeeeewbs after the public release Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 pm

might have to try a couple here.

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:36 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Right now in the CQC DLC maps you are going to be facing experienced players who are high level colonels

Agreed. Most teams have had at least one 100 Lvl and several 6x, 8x, etc. Hopefully they'll be more neeeeewbs after the public release Smile

I enjoyed taking out a 100 colonel with a spas though... alien

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Kagan wrote:
MiiisterAnderson wrote:
BigDaddyN8 wrote:

I enjoyed taking out a 100 colonel with a spas though... alien

I prefer taking tags, which I did to one guy, twice Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Just a handful of pistol kills for that purrrty Spas...yeah...I'm that dick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm

MANIC wrote:
Just a handful of pistol kills for that purrrty Spas...yeah...I'm that dick

How did I know you would love that. Well I do also, almost as much as BOs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Well after one night playing a few CQ matches im not too overly thrilled. Just not my cup of tea. Yeah i know i dont know the maps well enough but it wasnt any fun for me. I dont mind closer quarters fighting but those maps are over the top. Way too many nooks and crannies for people to hide or pop out of. Everything seemed cluttered and too tiring being constantly shot from behind with either a shotty or F2000/Famas/MP7. I know EA/Dice was looking for a change and maybe grab some COD players to their side but its not what BF games are all about. Oh well i paid $15 for some new assignments and weapons is how i have look at it i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close Quarters initial review   Close Quarters initial review - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Close Quarters initial review
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next