Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Future of the Over 30 Clan.

Go down 
+30
mspiderw
Psycho Reaper33
Dog_soildier
Doamne01
Repo_Dog
Sr Slampiece
jimmythegreeb
miggilly
birddotcom
alanwb1900
Winners
MikeyB78x
Nely
Maverick9227
TydenWolf
Kamea6
Jon
chuckystylez1970
pariah_81
Jacks Spleen
SouthPawDraw
DELTAxDOG
Spartan Runnerr
ninjesmurf
JAGERpatrol
walldoggy
mwhop78
BlackDeath
Ogbunabali
The1UrLookin4
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

What should we do?
I voted and I'm a PS3 member
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 127 ]
I voted and I'm an Xbox member
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 71 ]
Keep the Xbox rosters at 2, and only add new members when a spot opens
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Keep the PS3 rosters at 3, and only add new members when a spot opens
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 45 ]
Close the forum gates
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 10 ]
Keep the forums open
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 84 ]
Evaluate all rosters and purge inactive members to keep an active clan list
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 125 ]
Delete inactive forums members from clan after a set number of days (60, 90, 180 etc)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 63 ]
Leave everything as it is and let the clan and forums grow as big as they can.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 41 ]
It doesn't really matter to me either way as long as I don't get purged :) I Love it here.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 101 ]
Total Votes : 687

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:46 pm

I agree with manic on this one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Great idea number 1! This vote, good to see how people feel. Personally I love this clan , so laid back relaxed, we all have lives at our age! Lol and although some times we rage at the children I have yet to meet one member I dislike, your all great. Having said that, iv only met ,played with 20%, I play different hours late early ect , I seem to play with the same people in my roster and more from the other 2! So yes I'm up for purging the inactive non players, I love the concept of the size of our many clans so I think we should grow, but hopefully with more active users. I suggestion I have come up with before was maybe to create or choose a flagship super roster for the clan ops for all the guys and gals that love competing for our clan.

Either way what ever happens I'm very glad and honoured to be part of this clan. Your all true gents.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:57 pm

MANIC wrote:
Vegas...we should all have a say. True, Dave created it but it has been all of us that have contributed to The Clans growth and evolution

We should limit the growth till we can actually have 100 Clannies who are active or semi-active in each Roster...and from there, well who knows...but the idea of having 10 Rosters, for example, for Box or PS just seems a bit ridiculous.

As for Closing the Gates...if all original rosters are full of active players, then possibly another Roster should considered.

I agree with this also. We are working on merging our rosters so we will be back to two.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Jager you have an excellent point. This is why we need dedicated and active roster leaders to keep tabs on this. This big machine we got rolling now requires routine maintenance and I don't expect Dave to have to miraculously manage 6+ rosters over two consoles. For xbox roster 1 Delta handles the people side of things and I manage the clan ops upcoming and results threads. Even with two people I find myself still falling behind and sometimes not being able to update the thread other than once a week or two.

We also need a process for placing members....this too requires people to actually step up and do a little bit of work. We need to know on a monthly basis who's in what rosters and their activity so we can purge and place members accordingly. Otherwise we'll end up with 10 rosters, all of which half active.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:05 pm

J ive been going through the roster about once a month but your spread sheet is going to make it much easyer to trak ppl. I do think we should have 2 or 3 roster leaders, we can only have 1 but i think we can say someone else is another leader. We even could make it so all of the leaders of a roster would have the log in info so everyone could purge/invite players?

Also ive been playing with new members before sending them invites to roster 1. I do think that all rosters should do it this way.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm ps3 roster lll but anything I can do to help with the clan, just ask .
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 pm

^ precisely a roster leader and co-leader or vice leader so to speak. I also think we should have a global locked sticky that keeps everyone up to date with who's in charge of what. So we don't run into another experience where a roster leader ups and leaves spur of the moment and everyone is left wondering wtf is running the show.

You only need to be an active member of a specific roster to be able to view the information on members and clan ops results.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 pm

As long as they play they should stay. Yet, if they're not active on the forum...they can't cry when The1 makes decisions based upon , or partially influenced by forum input (e.g. Polls like this).
Back to top Go down
Jacks Spleen

Jacks Spleen

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Voted.

With the final release of the "clan challenge emblems," I am seeing an influx of people who just want the emblems, and others who have a new incentive to join a clan finally.

Also from what I have noticed, there are only a handful from the current roster 2 that I have played with, wondering if anyone else is seeing the same pattern. However I guess the same could be said of me as many of the OG's I am unfamiliar with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 pm

I agree with most, purge the inactives. I don't mean to offend anyone by saying this but the OG's should always be safe, for the most part you know we are here to stay unless we announce our departure. I know I haven't been on much myself lately but summer is busy time, especially when you have shitty weather 8 months out of the year and you're going through a 1 week run of no rain! Yes, in Northwest PA, that is rare!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:18 pm

I voted and I can say that I agree with almost all of the points that have been made so far. there is something to be said for both sides of this issue. I love the clan and how enjoyable it makes the game. I really enjoy playing with the guys that I typically play with and have made a lot of new connections with the recent players added. I agree there IS such a thing a too big...things get dilluted and loose their focus. Remember, the bigger we get the more work it ultimately creates for The1, Roster Leaders. Mods, etc.

I cast my vote and will let it ly there. Dave I support whatever direction we go in. I am open to helping create a new roster or fill open spots in existing rosters as needed but know that I am totally happy in Clan III as well. I play with members from all rosters and will continue to do so regardless. Just know that lately work has prevented me from most clan ops...so I may not be a whole lot of help in that regard on a new roster.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 pm

I voted for leaving things as is. I want to be very active, but real life really does get in the way. I have a lot more responsibilities at work, and at home. in fact at home I barely have time to get on since I have a kid now and only an hour before I have to go to bed to do things. He is more important than you guys, no offense. I try to get on, but it is hard when it is only for 15-20 and jumping in and out of a group seems rude to those I am playing with.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Well Jack I think a lot of people in xbox roster 2 are not from the US. Take OGbungabali for example. I've just now got to play with that guy only because I started playing during lunch. I know he's active cause I see him put up huge numbers in any given clan op despite not having played with the guy up until recently - or see him post here that often.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:36 pm

I think we need to keep PS3 roster at 3. More rosters mean more inactive players.

Most of my friends list is populated w/roster 2 and 3 clannies. I use my clan roster page to keep tabs of roster 1 people.

This way I can kind of watch who I'm playing with. Seems like its always the same group of 15-20 people.

Where are all the others?

Granted alot of roster 1 people have moved on to BF3, but I have 98 friends on list, plus a full clan roster.

Activity level needs to be weighed also. 1 ingame appearance every 2 weeks, and 1 forums post a month doesn't constitute activity.
Back to top Go down
chuckystylez1970

chuckystylez1970

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:39 pm

I just joined and love it here, I do try to get in lobbies with other clannies but the parties always seem to be full....therefore, I don't know how you would determine an inactive member online only by how much they play with other clannies. I would love to think I always have a home here with the 30 and would not have to worry each month if I am getting voted out or not.

That being said, I do see the need for some sort of purging of members that have not been active online or in the forums for a long time, say perhaps 6 months?

I will continue to post in forums and try to get into parties online with other 30's, so if you see me online send me an invite!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:48 pm

It boils down to two directions. Let it grow into a controlled chaos, or lock everything down and manage based on a set of activity rules. Both directions require maintenance and administrative duties.

Personally, I like 3 roster for each console with 2-3 leaders for each one. Every month do a purge and re-fill based on some reasonable criteria.

We can have more members in the forums for other games like BF3 etc. But for CoD 300 members period. Prospective new members can hang out in the forums while they wait for a spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:51 pm

I tend to agree with N8. not gonna rehash what everyone else has been saying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:56 pm

I say keep the great machine growing, but it's time to purge inactives. No big deal, it's been done before. Why don't you put like 1 of 2 guys in charge of each roster and when this has to be done again, it'll be easy to pick out who's being active or not. The thing to remember is that this isn't a malicious move, it's just maintenance. Side note: I've been playing around with the idea of getting to a more recent roster and off of R1PS3 since I'm already friends with most of R1PS3 folks anyways, it'll just give me more access to other players instead of being duplicative and redundant. Dave, if you're interested in the roster manager idea, I'll lend a hand.

I do genuinely enjoy playing with most everyone I've met through here. Spread the wealth to anyone else wanting to join!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 pm

audiopile wrote:
Personally, I like 3 roster for each console with 2-3 leaders for each one. Every month do a purge and re-fill based on some reasonable criteria.
I think we're already doing this with the applications to join and the periodic purges. I always feel that when groups get closed off, they eventually wither away to nothing. It's always good to get fresh blood because, let's be real, life sometimes does get in the way of COD. (But no disrespect to COD lol).

Maybe 3 official rosters with a couple leaders/volunteers to manage the admin. And a fourth general prospect roster for newbies that are awaiting placement into the official rosters?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
JAGERpatrol

JAGERpatrol

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm

We could do a PS3 Roster 4, and Xbox Roster 3 for new players that have Blops2. I'm not sure how the clan thing is going to work in that game, but if it's anything like MW3, it would be nice to have a separate roster for the people that only have Blops2 and don't play MW3, Blops1, or BF3 anymore. We can take some current members and use them as leadership in the new rosters, but keep the original rosters for people that play Blops 1 & 2 and MW3. I just wouldn't want to be part of a Roster that only plays MW3 and I'm playing Blops 2 or visa-versa. Like I said, not really sure how Elite will tie in to Blops 2. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Forums purges are necessary just for the fact that people sign up and never post or try to be a part of the clan. Just look at how many times we have been over 750 forum members. Atleast 4 times I have purged 200+ members to get us back down to around 500-550 members. We are almost back to 600 now. I like new members showing up, and I don't want to turn anyone away, but the purging is good.

My goal was to have a clan and forum of active members. Everyone has lives outside of here and we all know that. Your family and work is way more important than what is going on here.

I have a wife, 2 kids, a full time job, and I play everyday almost from 9-12. There are days when I don't play or you won't see me for a few days because I'm on the other console. I'm not saying that everyone needs to be as active as I am (I'm not even sure that I should be that active), but there are people that I know are active and then there are people that I can't tell if they are or not.

I agree with the majority that if you are active in the forums or in the game then you should have a spot, but I need a little bit of activity on the forums from time to time so that I know that you are active, because I may not get to play with all of you.

Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:01 pm

Trim the PS3 PHAT...(God I'm a genius)...

If you can't find a few friends to play with in 3 rosters of 100 people.....

Plus even know we are starting to read comments where guys on rosters 2 and 3 barely find others on the rosters.

I realise people arn't asked to be active on the forums, but I'd bet we are closer to 200 truly active members than 300+.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:02 pm

I will help on the xbox side where ever im nEeded just let me know. And as far as control for who gets a invite i would say do what delta has been doing play with the ppl some before sending out invites just to make sure they are active and such things
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm here to play video games, I'm sure whatever you decide will be the right thing.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 pm

audiopile wrote:
It boils down to two directions. Let it grow into a controlled chaos, or lock everything down and manage based on a set of activity rules. Both directions require maintenance and administrative duties.

We can have more members in the forums for other games like BF3 etc. But for CoD 300 members period. Prospective new members can hang out in the forums while they wait for a spot.

We definitely have to treat each game separately just for the fact that new people are coming to us looking for a black ops clan when most of us have moved on to MW3 or BF3. The same will happen when BO2 comes out. Not everyone will go directly to BO2 and not all new members will be looking for a BO2 clan. Some people will still be joining looking for a MW3 clan.

Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Voted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Over 30 Clan.
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next