Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Future of the Over 30 Clan.

Go down 
+30
mspiderw
Psycho Reaper33
Dog_soildier
Doamne01
Repo_Dog
Sr Slampiece
jimmythegreeb
miggilly
birddotcom
alanwb1900
Winners
MikeyB78x
Nely
Maverick9227
TydenWolf
Kamea6
Jon
chuckystylez1970
pariah_81
Jacks Spleen
SouthPawDraw
DELTAxDOG
Spartan Runnerr
ninjesmurf
JAGERpatrol
walldoggy
mwhop78
BlackDeath
Ogbunabali
The1UrLookin4
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

What should we do?
I voted and I'm a PS3 member
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap18%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 127 ]
I voted and I'm an Xbox member
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap10%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 71 ]
Keep the Xbox rosters at 2, and only add new members when a spot opens
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap3%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Keep the PS3 rosters at 3, and only add new members when a spot opens
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap7%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 45 ]
Close the forum gates
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap1%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 10 ]
Keep the forums open
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap12%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 84 ]
Evaluate all rosters and purge inactive members to keep an active clan list
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap18%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 125 ]
Delete inactive forums members from clan after a set number of days (60, 90, 180 etc)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap9%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 63 ]
Leave everything as it is and let the clan and forums grow as big as they can.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap6%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 41 ]
It doesn't really matter to me either way as long as I don't get purged :) I Love it here.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_lcap15%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 101 ]
Total Votes : 687

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 am

Posting game related crap is fine, but I certainly don't spend time here for that. Fuck, I haven't even played MWFail in 4 months, yet I get entertained by the assgrabbing that takes place here almost daily.

Posting here is just another way to be part of the fabric of the community. Let the rest of us take a peek behind the curtain, if you will.

If you don't want to post here, so be it, but you should have to validate your membership in this community every few months...prove you're intentions are still good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:39 am

FBD wrote:
Posting game related crap is fine, but I certainly don't spend time here for that. Fuck, I haven't even played MWFail in 4 months, yet I get entertained by the assgrabbing that takes place here almost daily.

Posting here is just another way to be part of the fabric of the community. Let the rest of us take a peek behind the curtain, if you will.

If you don't want to post here, so be it, but you should have to validate your membership in this community every few months...prove you're intentions are still good.

Some non-douche, asshat comments by FBD that I agree with 100%.

We arn't big on "strategy" and being competitive. There is always a place for it simply due to our large community but when our biggest threads are about whores, cats and saying good morning....well, you get the idea.

We are simply a bunch of guys (and a few gals) who share a common bond. It isn't a video game. It's our age, the fact most of us are married with kids and still love video games and playing with people who arn't ignorant 12 years old white kids blasting music saying N*word this and N*word that.

If our clan has to be 500 people large, so be it.

We have all discussed before that our friends list is only so big and is usually populated by clannies who joined around the same time as you. I have OG's on my list (with only a few roster 2 and 3 people) but you hear from some of the roster 3 guys that they all play alot together and seem to almost have the same bond as those of us that long to rock Black Ops again.

The small group of 30 or so original members (and there are really only that many of us) all talk, but it's not like we are going to leave to do our own "darksyders" thing. Maintain your friends list under tight OG control, enjoy our oldschool Black Ops time lately and wait for Black Ops 2.

I'm happy to hear other "pockets" of clannies are developing the same bonds and having thier own interclan groups (such as some of those roster 3 guys). Hoffy and Walldoggy seem to have thier own "bond", which is touching as well.

See how the clan has brought so many people together?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:07 pm

carlmuir wrote:
We aren't big on "strategy" and being competitive. There is always a place for it simply due to our large community but when our biggest threads are about whores, cats and saying good morning....well, you get the idea.

We are simply a bunch of guys (and a few gals) who share a common bond. It isn't a video game. It's our age, the fact most of us are married with kids and still love video games and playing with people who arn't ignorant 12 years old white kids blasting music saying N*word this and N*word that.

Love this...first point is why I am now going to actively participate in the boards (I have LOT to say about whores and cats). Second point is why I was so f'ing happy to find this clan...it is a great community.

Popping out our first kid in a few months...but will still be a 30 4 LIFE BABY! (during baby nap times and when mommy is sleeping or out of the house...)
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:22 pm

I think that it's been said many times, but this Clan is like a community or a family. We have people who we enjoy hanging out with, people we are okay with, and people that we would rather not have any interaction with at all; that's how it is in any society. If you don't like your perverted Uncle Hoff then, for the most part, you can avoid him. If you want to play with people who play with him, then you have to make a choice.

If this Clan was just a group of completely like-minded people then it would be boring and, probably, a clan of one. I like the fact that we are a group of, mostly, easy-going open-minded people who like to play a game and talk a little bit about everything.

The more new people who join, the more diverse we get. I do agree, though, that we should not get too much bigger; so I think that rotating new people in for inactives is the answer. Even if it were possible to manage a larger group, it would turn the Clan into New York rather than Mayberry; not so much a community as a group of people who happen to be in the same area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Doamne01 wrote:
I think that it's been said many times, but this Clan is like a community or a family. We have people who we enjoy hanging out with, people we are okay with, and people that we would rather not have any interaction with at all; that's how it is in any society. If you don't like your perverted Uncle Hoff then, for the most part, you can avoid him. If you want to play with people who play with him, then you have to make a choice.

Hahahaha...+1 to you sir!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:54 pm

franread5 wrote:
Hey grandpa its as much about having a laugh and a bit of fun as it is about posting useful info. If people only posted scores and how well they did and general game info I can guarantee the posting level would plummet.

Thank you for the "grandpa" I wear it proudly and take it as a compliment.

If you took away that I think only useful info should be posted you must have blacked out while reading my post.

My point (that Hoffy got) is that not everyone wants to come on and join the "morning whores" conversations. I am not against them, just don't think it should be a requirement to join in on them.

I participate in many shenanigans here in the forums. But I am not selfish enough to think others should.

If someone wants to come to the forums to find out good gaming intel about the game that should not be held against them anymore than those that come here to find anything but useful gaming intel.

For the record:

I have 4 grandchildren that I love and bring immense happiness to me.
Being a grandfather is way better than fatherhood. Until you become a grandfather you cannot understand the depths of love that comes with that.

Last edited by CanisMajor60 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm

So would it be ok to use "grandpa" call outs in game?
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:07 pm

Sure.

I am what I am, and proud of it.

Not use to the compliments from Fran, but hey you never know what you will find in the forums.

I think I am now the 2nd oldest 30, but I am not sure how many are grandpas.

Hmm, I see another thread coming.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:09 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:

For the record:

I have 4 grandchildren that I love and bring immense happiness to me.
Being a grandfather is way better than fatherhood. Until you become a grandfather you cannot understand the depths of love that comes with that.

I bet. If you're like my in-laws, you spoil the grandkids, get them all fired up and let them do things you wouldn't have let you own kids do, and then you get to pass them back to us parents!

I love to see the inlaws faces light up at seeing the kids, I just wish we got to do more than just skype with my own parents for the benifit of my kids (and my mom and dad who are in England).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Lot of Circle-Jerkin going on in here...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Carl,

People use to tell me how great it was being a grandparent.

But it is better than can be imagined.
The only thing I can say to describe it is; imagine your heart filled to the point it actually hurts because it has expanded like a balloon.
You look into their faces and you know that there is nothing you would not do for them.

We try to do the things for the grandkids that mom and dad are too busy to do.
Not a hit on mom and dad, I remember those days.

We keep them overnight at least once a week so both my kids can have a date night with their spouses.

It is a delicate balance of keeping mom and dad's rules and still spoiling them.

After being an empty nester for a few years (oh yeah, that phase is great too) the pitter patter gives you a new sense of significance.

I guess grandkids are the childrens way of paying back their parents.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:22 pm

MANIC wrote:
Lot of Circle-Jerkin going on in here...

You never complained before.

Oh yeah, you were the pivot man on those.

Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:51 pm

bcbaldeagle76 wrote:
Love this...first point is why I am now going to actively participate in the boards (I have LOT to say about whores and cats). Second point is why I was so f'ing happy to find this clan...it is a great community.

Popping out our first kid in a few months...but will still be a 30 4 LIFE BABY! (during baby nap times and when mommy is sleeping or out of the house...)
Looking forward to your first cat post.

And don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially your wife. You CAN hold a baby and play Black Ops at the same time. I did it for many months taking the night shift so my wife could sleep. Oh the sacrifices! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 pm

I think there is actually some good intel to be found on the forums. Links to videos, etc. But, for the most part, since we're non-competitive (well, except for happenings in the Spawn Control thread), a lot of stuff on the forums is random and, unfortuntately, probably not going to help you raise your K/D.

Perhaps a dedicated (and strictly monitored) strategies sub forum for those that want to find that kind of info? Then the rest of us can go talk about cats and stuff.

Speaking of which...

The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Lol_ca10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Is there a thread that does not get contaminated with our useless jabber ? No matter what its title is .
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 pm

No, there is not.

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
Like any good two party system I am sure we can compromise. Maybe if we make it mandatoary that everyone has to post some pictures of unicorns, especially unicorns with rainbows out of their asses we can come to some agreement Canis. Smile If not, oh well, supreme overlord, dictator-commander Dave The muthafuckin 1 will all tell us how to fall in.

Close enough?

The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Slide3-793946

"I'm in a weird position, because I like rainbows, but I'm not gay. So whenever I go out wearing a rainbow shirt, I have to put "Not gay." But I'm not against gays, so under that I'll have to put "... but supportive." It's weird how one group of people took refracted light. That's very greedy, gays." - Demetri Martin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Uh, no Cheetos. I don't think that is what N8 and I were trying to compromise with.

There are no rainbows extruding from its butt. And I needed someone reference to Hello Kitty.
Such as Hello Unicorn.

And as the designer of Walldog's Hello Kitty Prestige Badge I am an honorary member of the Kitty LOLZ club.

Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Here's your unicorn but its a videos.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:58 pm

I just realized, smurf, that you forgot the Hello Kitty reference so I made an adjustment...

The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Unicor10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:43 am

Now we are getting somewere.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:35 am

Brony...

Go look it up...have fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:50 am

Well, sure... if you want to be a Hello Kitty try hard...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 am

I appreciate the unicorn rainbow pictures, and I am sure Anderson is furiously masturbating to them as I write this, but it is time to get this thread back on topic.

After reading all posts and seeing the new applications today I think it is time to change a requirement for entrance into the clan. I vote that a microphone become mandatory requirement to join the clan. We are over 30, shell out 60-100$ on a game, buy DLC's, Elite/premium plus the cost of the system. Requiring the purchase of a $20 bluetooth headset is not unreasonable. I don't mandate everybody must have PX-21's or Tritton Pro's, just the ability to communicate with the clan. Many of the new applications are being questioned simply because they "do not have a mic" and are being denied. This tells me the majority of the clan already thinks mics should be had, plus it makes verifying someone as over 30 a hell of a lot easier in the game if you can hold a conversation with them. Anybody can write they are 36 on an application, but to hear them speak its much easier to discern their actual age. I am sure Manic/Fran/KillFace would love to do Skype/Chatroullette interviews on every applicant, but that could turn ugly really, really fast. Smile

I hearby initiate a motion that microphones become mandatory for all future applicants and that for current members a microphone is highly encouraged. What say you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:02 am

I second Nathan's motion with a reach a round.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:09 am

Nate I agree 100%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:17 pm

For the love of all things holy, finally!

They are all over ebay for $10. Brown bag lunch for a week and you're there.

And being able to hear someone is a much better way to get to know them than reading what they type. Any zit picker can say they're 30 on the app, and shit that gets typed can be misinterpreted easily.

We sat in pregame on blops the other night and spewed bs about nothing for 20 minutes waiting for others to sign on. And it was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Over 30 Clan.
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next