Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Future of the Over 30 Clan.

Go down 
+30
mspiderw
Psycho Reaper33
Dog_soildier
Doamne01
Repo_Dog
Sr Slampiece
jimmythegreeb
miggilly
birddotcom
alanwb1900
Winners
MikeyB78x
Nely
Maverick9227
TydenWolf
Kamea6
Jon
chuckystylez1970
pariah_81
Jacks Spleen
SouthPawDraw
DELTAxDOG
Spartan Runnerr
ninjesmurf
JAGERpatrol
walldoggy
mwhop78
BlackDeath
Ogbunabali
The1UrLookin4
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

What should we do?
I voted and I'm a PS3 member
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap18%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 127 ]
I voted and I'm an Xbox member
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap10%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 71 ]
Keep the Xbox rosters at 2, and only add new members when a spot opens
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap3%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Keep the PS3 rosters at 3, and only add new members when a spot opens
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap7%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 45 ]
Close the forum gates
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap1%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 10 ]
Keep the forums open
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap12%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 84 ]
Evaluate all rosters and purge inactive members to keep an active clan list
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap18%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 125 ]
Delete inactive forums members from clan after a set number of days (60, 90, 180 etc)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap9%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 63 ]
Leave everything as it is and let the clan and forums grow as big as they can.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap6%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 41 ]
It doesn't really matter to me either way as long as I don't get purged :) I Love it here.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_lcap15%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 101 ]
Total Votes : 687

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:55 am

NukeLaCoog wrote:
to tell people where I just got dead

That's an awesome saying. I lol'd +1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:04 pm

I got the 20$ PS3 ones from Target,twice. They work fine for me, people can hear me and I can filter out the horrible language you guys use online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:16 pm

I think Chef and FBD are saying the same thing.

New people are great. We need to keep bringing them in. The new BF3 guys are a lot of fun to play with.

We need to know who is active and who it not. There is no way there are 300 active members on PS3. Shut is down for a bit, sort it out, consolidate if necessary.

Open it back up again.

Repeat as necessary.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Maybe the solution is somewhere in the middle. Say after every 90 day period we close the door for a month to run reports and evaluate and see who is active. We weed out who is not and then at the end of the month we open back up for another 90 days. Wrinse and repeat. I was never suggesting that we permanently close our borders as there is always good guys joining up. Some of my favorite clan mates joined after I did. Don't fret, I love some of u OG's also. But with the good new guys joining up there is also some bad. Some guys that have joined never play with the clan or participate in clan ops or post on the forum. They joined just for double xp at our expense and the titile and emblems. I do not think that is right. I believe if u join the Over 30 then u r a 30 and that means being part of the community that is the 30. Posting once every 90 days will not kill u I promise. And if u get involved u might even like it. I sure didn't think I would and now u guys can't shut me up. But if u just leave it open without a check valve we will all eventually drown.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 pm

I'm assuming every member got a PM about this thread from Dave ,to me if your life is to hectic to login and see what it was about then your not an active member of this clan or you just don't care. We have how many members that haven't logged in in Atleast 6 months .Send them a deactivate message and delete. Not saying you can't or are not welcome back but even free catalogs make you resub if you don't buying anything for a period of time . The bigger we get just leaves more shadows for the boosters and cheaters to hide in sporting a gold 30 tag . 3 rosters for ps3 should be enough ,hell even Shorty put a 100 member cap on the UK's New site for full roster members. Our forum can grow ,but the rosters should get capped you can still meet new people and put them on your FL .
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:07 pm

[quote="mwhop78"Some guys that have joined never play with the clan or participate in clan ops or post on the forum. They joined just for double xp at our expense and the titile and emblems. I do not think that is right. I believe if u join the Over 30 then u r a 30 and that means being part of the community that is the 30. Posting once every 90 days will not kill u I promise. And if u get involved u might even like it. I sure didn't think I would and now u guys can't shut me up. But if u just leave it open without a check valve we will all eventually drown.[/quote]

I could see where people joined for the double xp, gold clan tag, callsigns etc., that is unfortunate. I joined during black ops where there was none of that. I joined to find a good group of people that were online when I was online and play as a team. It was probably the best thing I did for my gaming experience. My friends list eventually was full and I find myself readjusting it so narrow down who I play with regularly. I think it would be difficult for anyone to try and filter through the 30 clan of players and decide who is an active player and who is not. There are so many people playing at different times with different players. As far as the number of posts goes, there are a lot of players that are more active online playing than posting. A good example is Bee Swarm, the guy has 28 post but is on almost every night with clannies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:21 pm

The hardest thing ive had is to be apart of a clan that will accept me because of my poor game play so thank you for letting me join. What ever decicion you make is one ive got your back on.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:26 pm

Well if it would already be difficult to filter out who's the inactive players in clan already isn't that a sign. Or should we just keep throwing people on rosters handing out gold tags ? we won't know if your playing as 30 should but we'll share the dbl xp we earned with you.(last sentence in pink)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Maybe I missed it, but where do I vote for boobs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:54 pm

One guy gaurding "C" flag. Dies. Can't articulate that there are 3 guys on the way to "C".

No one runs over to help at "C".

Lose "C".

Spawn flips.

Really? Is it too hard to buy a mic and then give a callout?

I guess that is why I am happy with the small group I play with.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Well FBD nailed my callouts perfect!
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:32 pm

FUCK - means I'm dead
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Obticeo Sicarius wrote:
As far as the number of posts goes, there are a lot of players that are more active online playing than posting. A good example is Bee Swarm, the guy has 28 post but is on almost every night with clannies.
Unless he's having an internal organ removed, then he's gone for 2 weeks. lol

Bee, we missed you bud, glad you are back.

It seems like most people are saying the same things:

1) We all want active people that will play with other clannies in game and post on the forums. Doing at least one regularly will keep you in the clan, but may get you removed from the other. You will receive fair warning before being removed (time frame TBD).

2) If you don't have a mic, really really really consider getting one. At least half the fun of playing is chatting with the rest of the team and the friendships that come out of it. It will make your game play better and everyone's input is valuable.

Plus, you won't need to color code your sarcasm.

3) We all like boobs (even the girl members).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:17 pm

ninjesmurf wrote:
FUCK - means I'm dead

See Ninjesmurf is one of the new guys I am glad got in cause he just gets me. As Fuck is also a universal term or Hopism that also means I just died!!!! Yes I just made up the word "Hopism"- defined as a term/quote used by the Hop/Hopper, example- "That's right bitch you just got Hoppered!!!" or "Fuck, I'm dead at B again!!!!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:51 pm

I voted. Wow, tried to read entire thread and bailed after 9 pages. I agree with the majority opinion on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:26 pm

this is getting to be a bit over overwhelming. I get it, the hole let everyone in thing is great in theory but the logistics of what that really means are crazy. I bet we have well over 100+ people that need to get the boot and we are bringing in more every day witch is good if there here for the clan and not the tags/DXP but how many are here for the free ride? Or how many have just moved on?i say we need a "time out" to sit back and look at RI/RII/RIII and w/e you people have going on the BOX side;) and thin the herd.then we open back up and let in the people that should be here...but we only have 10 people saying stop and everyone eles wanting to let more in. well IM one of the people that vote to stop letting people in till we get our 'shit' fixed thats how i feel so deal with it...thank you all my rant is over
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 pm

That's why I've always been questioning our need to be #1 in the Top 100 clans list. It's nice that we get the exposure, but then we have probably more people joining than we really need, plus a lot of the rifraff joining just to get the double XP, titles, emblems, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:35 pm

walldoggy wrote:
That's why I've always been questioning our need to be #1 in the Top 100 clans list. It's nice that we get the exposure, but then we have probably more people joining than we really need, plus a lot of the rifraff joining just to get the double XP, titles, emblems, etc.

Well said Wally
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 pm

there is less than 15 people on ps3 clan III that are in active and ps3 clanI is the old farts
not sure about ps3 clan II xbox don't know!
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Freak-OU812 wrote:
walldoggy wrote:

Well said Wally
Where's my Reach-around Freak? You know, if I have to ask, it's not as meaningful. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:54 am

After more careful consideration and reading the last few days worth of posts I have changed my view.

I do not blame anyone for not coming into the forums and reading them, nevertheless posting in them.

Being baited into fights, insulted, etc. would not be one of my requirements to be in this clan.

I think the forums and gaming participation should be completely independant of each other.

If someone wants to read some of the better threads, that are actually helpful, but does not want to post back then I say let them stay.

Maybe send them a note every 6 months saying if they reply to the note they will be kept active in the forums.
If they do not respond then remove them.
But posting activity should not be a requirement to be a member.

After this last week my view of the forums has dropped to an all time low.

Very little useful info is being posted anymore.

I guess to some, posting "Morning Whores" is awesome and somehow completes their day.

Which I am not complaining about, but should we require the clan members to feel the same way about it?

My vote is no, we should not.

I don't blame Bee for not posting anymore than he does.

Most threads get hijacked into something completely inane. I am guilty at times.

But the question is should we require all member to participate in this to remain an active member fo the forums.

In conclusion;

Send a note to those inactive in the forums every 6 months with a link to click if they want to stay an active member of them.
If they click it then keep them going.
If they do not click it within one week then boot them.

If they want to reapply to the forums then let them.

The Rosters;
If someone is gone for 45 days without posting or telling anyone then boot them.
They can always rejoin.

This post and $3.50 will get you a grande no-foam soy latte at Starbucks.

Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 am

+1 to canis for his candid and honest opinions about the forum...it's not a place for everybody, and to tell the truth is related very little to any actual gaming...so I'm fine with people not really participating on here, always have been...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:29 am

So what's the ratio of Repeat-Posters to this head-banging-into-a-wall thread...Maybe we need to back off and see if others might just add a bit besides US
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:43 am

Hey grandpa its as much about having a laugh and a bit of fun as it is about posting useful info. If people only posted scores and how well they did and general game info I can guarantee the posting level would plummet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:27 am

"Get off my lawn ya damn kids"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:21 am

Posting game related crap is fine, but I certainly don't spend time here for that. Fuck, I haven't even played MWFail in 4 months, yet I get entertained by the assgrabbing that takes place here almost daily.

Posting here is just another way to be part of the fabric of the community. Let the rest of us take a peek behind the curtain, if you will.

If you don't want to post here, so be it, but you should have to validate your membership in this community every few months...prove you're intentions are still good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Over 30 Clan.
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next