Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Future of the Over 30 Clan.

Go down 
+30
mspiderw
Psycho Reaper33
Dog_soildier
Doamne01
Repo_Dog
Sr Slampiece
jimmythegreeb
miggilly
birddotcom
alanwb1900
Winners
MikeyB78x
Nely
Maverick9227
TydenWolf
Kamea6
Jon
chuckystylez1970
pariah_81
Jacks Spleen
SouthPawDraw
DELTAxDOG
Spartan Runnerr
ninjesmurf
JAGERpatrol
walldoggy
mwhop78
BlackDeath
Ogbunabali
The1UrLookin4
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

What should we do?
I voted and I'm a PS3 member
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 127 ]
I voted and I'm an Xbox member
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 71 ]
Keep the Xbox rosters at 2, and only add new members when a spot opens
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 20 ]
Keep the PS3 rosters at 3, and only add new members when a spot opens
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 45 ]
Close the forum gates
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 1% [ 10 ]
Keep the forums open
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 84 ]
Evaluate all rosters and purge inactive members to keep an active clan list
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 125 ]
Delete inactive forums members from clan after a set number of days (60, 90, 180 etc)
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 63 ]
Leave everything as it is and let the clan and forums grow as big as they can.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 41 ]
It doesn't really matter to me either way as long as I don't get purged :) I Love it here.
The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 101 ]
Total Votes : 687

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Voted
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:12 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
I would never delete lets say Crossfire and people can vouch for him online on BF3, but would it hurt for him to post (or atleast sign in) 1 time in 60 or 90 days so that he doesn't make the purge list everytime that I run it?
Like most people, I support removing people who don't game with the clan, but I also think they should be purged if they are not active on the forums without explanation. BUT, I think it should be a high number, like 180 days as Dave suggested in the poll. If you don't visit to see what direction the clan is moving in, if you never vote us as one of the top 100 clans, if you get emailed regarding having a private message and never check it (isn't that what brought you to this thread?), IF YOU ARE NEVER SITTING IN FRONT OF A BROWSER AND TYPE "OVER30" IN AN ENTIRE HALF A YEAR, then yes, I think you should be eventually be purged. You can always join up again! But beyond that, I think things should be open, allowing the clan to naturally and steadily grow. You know long after people have tired of MW3 they won't care about the rosters, but hopefully they'll still care about the clan, and will join future groups for other games...
Back to top Go down
Jon

Jon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Voted, i voted lock down xbox to 2 rosters - purge inactive, but i don't know if i should be voting since I am still new here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jonasu25

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Voted... hard times for me, but Im in
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:27 pm

DpwnShift wrote:
The1UrLookin4 wrote:
I would never delete lets say Crossfire and people can vouch for him online on BF3, but would it hurt for him to post (or atleast sign in) 1 time in 60 or 90 days so that he doesn't make the purge list everytime that I run it?
Like most people, I support removing people who don't game with the clan, but I also think they should be purged if they are not active on the forums without explanation. BUT, I think it should be a high number, like 180 days as Dave suggested in the poll. If you don't visit to see what direction the clan is moving in, if you never vote us as one of the top 100 clans, if you get emailed regarding having a private message and never check it (isn't that what brought you to this thread?), IF YOU ARE NEVER SITTING IN FRONT OF A BROWSER AND TYPE "OVER30" IN AN ENTIRE HALF A YEAR, then yes, I think you should be eventually be purged. You can always join up again! But beyond that, I think things should be open, allowing the clan to naturally and steadily grow. You know long after people have tired of MW3 they won't care about the rosters, but hopefully they'll still care about the clan, and will join future groups for other games...
Well said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:30 pm

First off I say that Dave should do whatever he needs to not get burnt out.

Second, I think that only those that keep reasonably active should stay on lists.

If you never post in the forums why would you want to stay on the list?
Like Dave said, it would not kill someone to post something. Even if it was a Hello Kitty picture once a month.
(if I do not use my retail credit card for a certain amount of time they close the account, many things you join require a certain amount of activity)

I do my own purging of my FL when someone has not signed on for 30 days to make room for some of the Roster 3 guys.
If they come back and play I can always add them back.

So why is that unreasonable on a whole clan level?

It seems most people that do not want to get removed post that will be gone for "x" amount of time. That takes about 30 seconds.

My FL, and the people I play with, is slowly switching over to more Roster 3 than Roster 1.
So I know that Roster 3 guys are finding the rest of us.

When I joined it took me awhile to find people. I sent out FR everytime I got into a lobby with someone new.
I think that is just the nature of a large clan.

While I hate the thought of closing down the rosters to three, I think there is room to keep moving them up a roster as we purge those that have moved on.

I like the idea of a fourth roster of prospects that those of us that have been here awhile can be asked to add them and play with them and then come back and vote on them to be moved into a perm roster.

You all know I do not like our present system of adding people.
It is add them first and then find out if we like playing with them, which puts the burden on the whole clan if they turn out to be underage, or worse.

However, I will gladly go along with whatever is decided about the issues Dave has brought forth.

I just ask that we do not allow underage people in, even as a junior 30.
This place is my sanctuary from kids.

I love my grandson more than my own life. But I would not advocate him joining.

If your kids want to join a clan then there can be a clan started completely separate from us where they are not tempted to join our parties.

I have seen this kill mature clans before. If we did it and someone's child joined a party it is not fair for us to ask them to leave so an adult can join our party.
Plus, our bantering would have to stop because it is mostly NSFW.
(DS would not be able to tell people to take their ... oh never mind) lol

Lastly, I think Dave should do whatever he needs to do to keep from getting burnt out.

Last edited by CanisMajor60 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
carlmuir wrote:
Just because they never post here, doesn't mean they should be deleted when they are on the PS3 every second night.

I agree. I would never delete lets say Crossfire and people can vouch for him online on BF3, but would it hurt for him to post (or atleast sign in) 1 time in 60 or 90 days so that he doesn't make the purge list everytime that I run it?

If ppl don't use the forum, why would you not want to delete them from it. You can still keep them on your FL if you desire.

And Dave save enough time to answer your emails... from me that is, I don't care about everyone else's. File em in the trash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:37 pm

I love this site and this clan..I appreciate every thing Dave has done with this site and to bring together this motley crew of over 30 family guys with careers and good whisky is no easy task. We all have helped make it grow, but at the end this site was created by Dave and now our turn to help him run it. I will throw in my hat to help with the rosters or any other way to help this group out.

Since this was a serious topic I will vote here for Boobs and FBD is a prick Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kamea6

Kamea6

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm

i voted, and i agree with the majority, dave you're the clan leader so whatever direction you take us, im in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kamea61

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:45 pm

We had a discussion maybe a year ago about adding roles to the clan but the more corporate we get, the less fun (and more work) the clan will become.

The Over 30 clan was always a low key, low maintenance, non-competitive bunch ofl old men (and youthful looking ladies) who just want to shoot the shit, have fun and not listen to 12 year olds blasting music in the headset.

At worst I think there is a small group who decide who is in and who is out based solely upon applications.....like it's always been. Having a few more people decide fates might ease the burden IF Dave felt it is needed. Dave could email out the apps, a few to each "Judge" for a yes or no.

This clan has functioned now for several years without the need for an approval commitee or trail period.

I forgot where I was going with this....

Oh...yeah...not needing a roster just for Cher's and not needing to set up people who have to keep room on their friends list to have to add clan newbies as a trail period.

This might have been zero help at all I know realize but it's too long to delete.

Love,
Carl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:49 pm

I am glad to see such a feedback from old and new members alike. It really helps to get a feeling for the clan and which direction we should turn this ship in. It seems to be a general consensus on where this thing should go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Brainwave... could we have a 'Premium 30 Elite' Roster. For the high scoring hardened veterans like myself, you Dave, Tema, Nixon, Deadeye, Fran, mTurp and Savvy for example. So we don't have to mingle with the bottom feeders and risk spoiling our W/L ratios, which can be very frustrating

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Careful Killface. I know you well enough to detect the sarcasm and silliness in your post, but some of the new guys may not know you so well and think you are being truley serious.

Pssssst. The ultra elite, uber-premium VIP backroom roster has one spot left. You want in? I need 3 cans of Pringles potato chips and one of the photos thatyou and Manic took when you had a bubble-bath together.

Now, lets get this topic back onto the original track of where should this clan go. Sorry for thread jacking Dave. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:58 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:
Brainwave... could we have a 'Premium 30 Elite' Roster. For the high scoring hardened veterans like myself, you Dave, Tema, Nixon, Deadeye, Fran, mTurp and Savvy for example. So we don't have to mingle with the bottom feeders and risk spoiling our W/L ratios, which can be very frustrating

Wink

Turp owes me like 0.25 of his KDR AT LEAST thanks to me constantly risking my life in Black Ops to revive his Second Chance ass!

And Savvy...I don't know what the fuck happened. He was pretty decent in Blops but he is nearly Godlike in MW3. Wouldn't want to play against him.

I need to get back to BF3 to join you and Nixon. Amazed Anderson is still with us since he seems to be at the BF3 menus constantly 24-7 and has yet to yellow light his PS3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:00 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:

Wink

I would hardly put Killface on the level of most of those guys... Nixon plays Battlefield now, I keep hoping by chance I will see him on MW3 one night but has not happened yet! jocolor
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 pm

I didn't think they allowed Final Stand in the Double Secret VIP Backdoor Roster? So Turp is out for sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Oh Nate. If ya read between KFs lines youll see interesting wisdom indeed

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:04 pm

And Nate...don't be such an old lady worried about the doilies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:11 pm

I have been here since the start of this clan and believe that we are all here to have fun in a great environment As soon as that stops that's when this clan is going in the wrong direction.
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm

I voted for both since I have both not that I play on the ps3 side of things at this time. However, I think that there should be a purge of the in-actives. Unless it was set up prior to the person going in-active then they should be purged. Why should we let someone take up a place that someone else would gladly fill. Also the meaning of active is that they are playing on the system or posting like a fiend in here. More the members yes can mean more the merrier however, that also means that there is more work to be done. If someone gets purged and that someone comes back a couple of months down the road then let them back in. I know about the work that running one of the rosters is because I was running roster 2 on the xbox side and trying to get a handle on things on who is active who isn't and such stunk and took a lot of work. The whole point of this is to have fun not work your tail off. There is my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm briefly high jacking this post to make sure you have all been visiting the over 30 YouTube Channel. Make sure you subscribe, like and share any videos you like on the channel. You can share videos easily on your Social Networking sites, Or embed the videos on any other relevant forums you visit. If you'd like to comment on videos please do so underneath the video on YouTube, this will help the channel grow.

Thank You

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:23 pm

My .02,
I’m not OG, I don’t play a lot, and I don’t contribute to running Rosters or the web site so I’m not sure if what I’m saying should count but here it goes.

Forum – Everyone should post at least once every 3 months to stay active. Yes we will have exceptions to the rule, we are adults and life doesn’t always go as planned. It would be easiest if we had a thread called “I’m still here and checking in” or something like that where folks that are not comfortable posting or don’t have anything to say can post. Keep doing the purge name lists so that others can vouch for those that can’t make it to the site for whatever reason.

Applications – we should have two “applications boards” (1 for PS3 & 1 for Xbox) where a small group of people see the apps and decide yes or no. Public display of apps, while sometimes amusing, should be limited.

Elite Clan Rosters – If you don’t meet the criteria to be on the forum you should not be on an elite roster. The current roster lists should be check and purged. The Xbox guys are doing it well. They are sending messages to roster members letting them know if they do not respond they will be kicked. A list should be posted before it is purged.
We should have a waiting period before an Elite roster spot is offered. Kind of like a try out, not looking for any skill sets but if they actively try to play with other 30’s.

In short we should grow as large as possible but in a more controlled way than in the past. I pride myself on being a member of the over30clan. I have made good friends here and consider all of you my brothers and sisters. Either way we go it matters little to me, like i said in the beginning, I don't do the work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:30 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:
I'm briefly high jacking this post to make sure you have all been visiting the over 30 YouTube Channel. Make sure you subscribe, like and share any videos you like on the channel. You can share videos easily on your Social Networking sites, Or embed the videos on any other relevant forums you visit. If you'd like to comment on videos please do so underneath the video on YouTube, this will help the channel grow.

Thank You

One of the first useful things you have posted in here in quite sometime... reach arounds for you! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:34 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
I voted, to keep the doors open as that was one of the goals in the beginning, but I have no problems purging the inactive members. Maybe have one roster (or more) set aside for the guys and gals that are really into clan ops type things as I guess inactivity really affects them.

^^^ This. ^^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:39 pm

As Jeff suggested and Kagan seconded....I could live with 1 of the 3 rosters on PS3 set aside strictly for the clan ops crews.

Only thing is that while a bunch of us (like me) don't care too much about MW3, it is very likely we will go ape shit for clan ops when Black Ops 2 comes out.

Now just don't make me watch Killsface's MW3 Sniping 101 video yet again. He has managed to sneak it into 2 extra threads so far outside the actual video thread!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:44 pm

kjcolby1978 wrote:
xkillxfacex wrote:

Wink

I would hardly put Killface on the level of most of those guys... Nixon plays Battlefield now, I keep hoping by chance I will see him on MW3 one night but has not happened yet! jocolor

Not sure thats ever going to happen again but you never know. Well as far as the state/future of the >30<(the original clan tag) im torn in a way. First of all let me say there are nothing but great people here and glad ive had the chance to get to know them and i wouldnt trade it for anything. There is a part of me that honestly thinks we just are too big. Ive said it before its a community now not a clan. Not thats a bad thing per say but with so many people its easy to get "lost in the crowd". In the beginning i felt that one of the things that made us great was our different personalities and how blended those together. I miss the old times but you cant live in the past i guess is my problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future of the Over 30 Clan.   The Future of the Over 30 Clan. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Over 30 Clan.
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next