Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Once upon a time...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Once upon a time... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:18 pm

smallz wrote:
, if they make them perfect this forum would be filled with nothing but kitties, boobies, vaginas, grown men talking about tea bagging each other and touching each others genitals.

how is that a bad thing? Go spend 2 minutes in the the Whore thread for your daily does of ass grabbery.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
smallz wrote:
, if they make them perfect this forum would be filled with nothing but kitties, boobies, vaginas, grown men talking about tea bagging each other and touching each others genitals.

how is that a bad thing? Go spend 2 minutes in the the Whore thread for your daily does of ass grabbery.
Just be careful on that thread. Safety first. bounce

CerebusArdvark wrote:
For me, I wouldn't say it's *far* superior, but I really do think that some of things it added were really well done.

I have a lot of faith that BLOPS 2 will take some of those things such as point streaks and refine/improve them even more.
I think Cerebus is right, there were lots of improvements from BO to MW3, and there are things I like in both games. But you always wonder about what will get left out. Like no Caps and Defends in the Domination scoreboard? Really? We only care about K/D and Assists?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:28 pm

CerebusArdvark wrote:
kjcolby1978 wrote:

THIS!!

MW3 is so far superior I cant believe some say BLOPS is better
For me, I wouldn't say it's *far* superior, but I really do think that some of things it added were really well done.

I have a lot of faith that BLOPS 2 will take some of those things such as point streaks and refine/improve them even more.

At the end of the day I think we all tend to look back on the BLOPS days with some pretty rose-colored glasses. I remember having plenty of games where the lag was just ridiculous. My overall stats are almost identical on both games which to me just indicates that one game or the other isn't handicapping me or making me some kind of god especially when you factor in how many hours I've played of each.

I wish we could go into the archive and read all the threads about hit detection on BLOPS...

how many times did you die AFTER ducking behind a wall in BLOPS...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:39 pm

I'll go on the record as saying I fucking HATE MWFail, BUT it did introduce good features...point streaks, support (minus stealth bomber), etc. Seems like Treyarch has the balls to acknowledge this (unlike IW) and incorporate popular features into their new game. Not everything has to be reinvented to be an improvement. Subtle tweaks can be enough.

If MWF had more reliable hit detection and lag it would have been playable. Also, would it be so fucking terrible to let average players actually hit MAX prestige? I mean, really...how many of us that have lives really have the fucking man-hours to invest into hitting 20+ prestiges? For an emblem? C'mon man! Set it at 15 and leave it. So what if people hit it early...it doesn't mean you have to penalize the casual players who actually want to try and hit it in a calendar year.

They could reissue Blops minus the knife and second chance and I'd be pretty happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 4:56 pm

BLOPS needed usable secondaries so I dont run around yelling "you WISH you had a makarov" when I run out of ammo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 9:08 pm

@Audio i did install them both times. Do u think this is my first rodeo? Razz @KJ yup id play MW2 everyday compared to 3. Maps alone are the biggest difference as 2's were awesome and gave you multiple ways to play them and the connections were flat out better and more stable. Best by far of all the CODs ive played. The maps were larger and more open which allowed you to easily avoid the quickscopers and danger close/scavenger pro jerkoffs. Only reason im keeping MW3 is my neighbor told me he's into spec ops now and wants me to play with him sometime and plus my almost 10yr old daughter said she plays it as well. Ill have to see next time she comes down from vermont. To put it best id rather wear a yankee jersey/hat,go to a game at yankee stadium and actually root for them instead of play MW3 multiplayer affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:29 pm

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
To put it best id rather wear a yankee jersey/hat,go to a game at yankee stadium and actually root for them instead of play MW3 multiplayer affraid

yikes. this is serious
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 pm

That's crazy talk!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:16 am

I wasn't trying to be smart Nixon, a couple people and myself got caught on that one. And I'm completely open to the idea that the games perform differently based on which console they are inserted into. I'm just thankful that we are all finding ways to cope and keep hanging together, at least until the forum starts to lag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:47 am

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
To put it best id rather wear a yankee jersey/hat,go to a game at yankee stadium and actually root for them instead of play MW3 multiplayer affraid

::sigh::

BTW, I think I jinxed myself, as last night was one of the worst I have endured in MW3...

one game I had to be a minimum of 4 seconds behind everyone (I re-watched the match) on Bakaara... and generally just was lagging all night, had a couple good games once we re-grouped with a new team and called it a night as I never like to go to bed after a bad match...

onward
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:41 am

Derailing Time:

Thanks BF3 Fucktards for letting me get raped last night. I actually enjoyed it I think.

It was a nice change of pace even tho I was clueless on the call outs.Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:53 am

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
Derailing Time:

Thanks BF3 Fucktards for letting me get raped last night. I actually enjoyed it I think.

It was a nice change of pace even tho I was clueless on the call outs.Lol

It was good to have you on Joey. I saw the last match you had a rough time. Like any FPS, takes time to learn the maps, learn where B is. In this game it is harder since on different maps different flags are "B" meaning the most strategically important. Also you are playing against guys who have 300+ hours played. Also you are still learning how the recoil effects the way the gun behaves. Lots to learn. You will get it.

The lobby we were in last night was tough. Those guys from DIX clan were good and showed us how to play for sure. Right after you left they did too and we went back to pub stomping noobs.

Hope to see you again soon.

KJkolby wrote:
::sigh::

BTW, I think I jinxed myself, as last night was one of the worst I have endured in MW3...
Thus is the curse of MW3. The only prob I had last night was the other team was better. You know how I knew they were better than I was? There was minimal lag. KJ, I agree that MW3 is a better game by far than BO. But the connection.... here is to hoping that BOII takes the good and leaves the bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 am

I was serious about us all getting Battlefield : Bad Company 2

Take out the feeling of being overwhelmed in BF3, less focus on vehicles and COMPLETE map destruction (not partial and disappointing BF3 destruction) and you get Bad Company 2.

Plus..Battlefield : Vietnam addon was EPIC (when I was on the 360). You had a radio in the tank and could blare Flight of the Bumblebees while wrecking people. You'd play Conquest and there would be 70's music at the flags as they were in military camps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:08 am

When I first jumped on Wini, I had a descent couPle of games with Nixon,Smalls,Ob ,Tunaetc...I like the lag free game. I am just trying to play catch up.Im sure I'll be back on tonight as long as Nixon doesn't call me useless random On the bottom of the board(which I never was on the bottom).Lmfao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am

smallz wrote:
if it wasn't for these broken ass video games we all still spend money on and play far too much, if they make them perfect this forum would be filled with nothing but kitties, boobies, vaginas, grown men talking about tea bagging each other and touching each others genitals.

You're killing me Smallz........

Couldn't resist. If the wife wouldn't freak about me buying more games, I might have tried BF3. I spend too much on golf and other shit, not to mention the lack of time. MW3 hasn't been that bad to me lately. It seems that maybe once a week I get a server time out message or something stupid like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:45 pm

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
When I first jumped on Wini, I had a descent couPle of games with Nixon,Smalls,Ob ,Tunaetc...I like the lag free game. I am just trying to play catch up.Im sure I'll be back on tonight as long as Nixon doesn't call me useless random On the bottom of the board(which I never was on the bottom).Lmfao

Hell no you held your own just fine for someone who doesnt play that much. The shear size of the maps makes thing tough. They take some time to get used to where everything is. Useless are the fucktards sitting on a hill a mile from the action doing nothing but wasting ammo. To me it was just one of those night to forget. Those guys we ran into i dont think were that awesome more like decent and caught us on an off night. You're always welcome to join us on the BF3 crew. We'll make up for it tonight by tearing the opposition a new hole as i feel a pixel people killing rampage brewing inside of me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:13 pm

FBD wrote:
... Also, would it be so fucking terrible to let average players actually hit MAX prestige? I mean, really...how many of us that have lives really have the fucking man-hours to invest into hitting 20+ prestiges? For an emblem? C'mon man! Set it at 15 and leave it. So what if people hit it early...it doesn't mean you have to penalize the casual players who actually want to try and hit it in a calendar year.

What Emblem do you speak of? The Emblems/Titles for prestiging ended waaay back.

Once you hit 10/80 there is no reason to continue (unless you did not get enough classes unlocked).

Max prestige is over rated. I sat at max for awhile (15/80) and it did not get me anything. Which is one reason I am not going for level 20.

It seems a lot of guys are stopping at 10/80 and are perfectly happy.

The thread is going back to a BF3 vs MW3 bitch-fest.

It appears to me that there are some that hate MW3 so much that I don't get why anyone would try to get them to play it again.
If they are happy at BF3 just leave them alone.

And if you hate MW3 so much and you never plan on playing it again why keep bitching about it?

Ahhh, herein lies the rub. Some people just like bitching.

I tried BF3 and did not like it. However, you will not see me bitching about it and telling others that they should be playing MW3 instead.

I have given up on thinking that those that keep bitching about MW3 (even though they don't play it anymore) will ever stop bitching about it.

I have given up on thinking that those that keep recruiting for BF3 will stop and think that maybe we like MW3, and if we wanted to play BF3 we would already be over there.

I have given up on thinking that everyone in the clan is mature enough to just leave others alone to be happy. As if their joyless existence should be shared.

The forums are free for us to express ourselves, so whatever.

This thread is much like Groundhog Day. It seems to have to reoccur over and over with the same result: It gets uglier and uglier to the point it has to be locked. And in the end it serves to divide us more than before.

btw, I know Riff started this as a Blops vs MW3 comparison. It just got hijacked as usual and turned into something else.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Depends how you read it I guess Canis. To me it just sounds like a bunch of people sharing which game they enjoy most and providing some valid reasons why, and hoping to share those experiences with people they like(d) being on the virtual battlegrounds with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:27 pm

mutepile wrote:

Depends how you read it I guess Canis. To me it just sounds like a bunch of people sharing which game they enjoy most and providing some valid reasons why, and hoping to share those experiences with people they like(d) being on the virtual battlegrounds with.

agreed 100%

When was a thread locked due to BF3 and MW3 being discussed?

I get it you are tired of hearing about how much I love BF3. Am I out of bounds talking about having good times now on a thread where the OP talked about playing to have fun like we used to? If so then I apologize for derailment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:37 pm

This thread was about the good ole days and Black Ops.

Not BF3 and MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:44 pm

carlmuir wrote:
This thread was about the good ole days and Black Ops.

Not BF3 and MW3.

Well what if I am making new "good ol days" today? Maybe I need a new thread.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:59 pm

I think Gramps may have woken up on the wrong side of the bed, or maybe he's just being a little sensitive today? lol Just kidding Canis!

Probably 50% of the threads on this forum are rehashes. Yes, we do live out Groundhogs Day on this site. And really, is there anything wrong with that? goes with the territory. At least on this thread, I don't anyone has denigrated to name calling or anything like that. If anything, it's been pretty civil.

The fact is, we all have opinions, and as someone playing both BF3 and MW3, I welcome hearing both sides. I don't take any post too seriously here and if people bitch about something, I take it with a grain of salt.

Yes, you are right, some people will complain about anything and that does get old, but did you really expect everyone here to have the same opinion about everything? Car sites have Mercedes vs BMW, Ferrari vs Lamborghini, Toyota vs Honda. Camera sites have Nikon vs Canon vs Sony. Video game sites have .... well you know what they have.

It's the differences that make life interesting. If we all felt exactly the same way about MW3 or BF3 or the next Black Ops XIV, then it would be pretty boring here. In fact, I might not ever post. lol

Back on topic: As I read it, the thread is about the good ol days and Black Ops and the evil queen MW3 and maybe there would be life again with Black Ops 2. Some may take offense to the evilness of MW3 and some may add that there is also the adultress that is BF3 stealing away people to another game, but I guess that's a topic for another thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Once upon a time... - Page 3 Cover
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Here is a quote I found. Thought it applied as we look to the next better thing:

Quote :
Enjoy yourself. These are the “good old days” you’re going to miss in the years ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Talking about re-hashes, I think i've posted Glory Day's by the Boss in video and/or just some lyrics a couple times before.
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:39 pm

All of you are wrong. Every game is better than every other game, it is one's mind that makes the difference.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time...   Once upon a time... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once upon a time...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next