Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The window is open Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The window is open Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The window is open Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The window is open Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The window is open Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The window is open Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The window is open Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The window is open Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The window is open Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The window is open Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The window is open Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The window is open Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The window is open Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The window is open Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The window is open Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The window is open

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 pm

My morning ramblings..........The window is open for competitors to make a move on pulling players from Call of Duty. CoD has been a dominant figure in the FPS console arena for quite a while. But, it looks like it is starting to slip. It is not slipping because the concept sucks or the graphics are bad or even because of the features in the game are bad. Those are all great, it is just the engine in the car is breaking down and nothing is being done about it. I can come up with a lot of analogies but I believe my "smoking hot girlfriend who is a drunk" is best. Remember, for every hot chick you see, there is always someone that is sick of her shit.

Look at what is going on on Youtube these days. There are a ton of big channels that have been built on and dedicated to CoD almost exclusively. Here we are a few months after release of BLOPS2 and a lot of these channels and commentators are starting to upload a number of other games are pulling back on uploading as much as the past. The frustration and burnout is apparent. Hell, you can see it here within our clan. There are far more dissatisfied players than usual. I also look at the people playing worldwide when my game is on and that is even lower than in the past. I have rarely seen it over 500k unless there is a double XP weekend. Yes, that is still a good number but it is less than the past. Like the drunk hottie, we all keep coming back just hoping for it to change while expecting it to be the stumbling fool it has become. That is the sad reality of the situation. We have lowered out expectations so much that if we can get a couple of decent games during a session, then it is considered "running smooth".

This is where the open window comes into play. In the past, the "CoD killer" had to live up to an extremely high standard. These days not so much. Back to the drunk hottie analogy, once you get tired of her shit you go out and find someone who is just nice and treats you right (she usually doesn't steal your shit and piss on herself falling out of a car either). People are now open to another game because we know that these developers either can't fix their product or just refuse to. While the bar remains high, it is lower than ever. If a studio can come out that focuses on the core mechanics and engine and can get that to run smooth, it now has a receptive audience. It will still be compared to CoD in every detail, but if it can run smooth and have accurate hit detection then you have everyone's attention. Crysis 3 has recorded 3 million downloads of their MP beta. Completely different game with a completely different mindset, but it is getting people's attention. I don't think this is the one that will flip the market, but it is a start. DICE, Crytek, Respawn......your opportunity is there. The market is open and receptive....what are you going to do with it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Agree 100%. Only way we can get them to take notice is to stop the preorders and buying.

I for one am super excited for the next Rainbow Six: Patriots, Bungie's "Destiny", and whatever Respawn is working on.
Back to top Go down

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:04 pm

plus one sir
Back to top Go down

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:22 pm

I don't think EA can compete with CoD.

Their multiplayer model and their DLC and their class system.....on and on.

Just the fact that you have to purchase an EA game new in order to access the multiplayer will prevent them from ever reaching CoD levels.

I refuse to buy EA games generally simply because of the fact that they are the worst, by far, of the money hungry publishers. Buy one copy of CoD and my whole family can share it and everybody can play the multiplayer. Buy one copy of BF3 or MOH or Crysis 3 and only you, not your wife, not your kids, not your best buddy who comes over to chill every so often.......none of them can use your disk and play unless they want to toss EA another 10 bucks per person.

My kids will never be on the EA bandwagon since EA provides the least value in every game they issue.

Our hopes rest with Respawn basically.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 pm

^I agree to an extent. But I don't think we will have a chance this generation (next). Looks to be pretty much confirmed now that both the Xbox and PS will not allow used games (without possibly buying something akin to EA's and others' passes).

The key here is both platforms will be transitioning to the digital distribution model (like Steam) which will allow for regular game sales and crazy discounts (like Steam). The used game industry will fade away in the next few years as everything goes the way the PC did. We don't have used apps do we? It's not a matter of if... just a matter of when. I believe everything is point to this next generation because this generation will be around for even longer than our current consoles.

Back on topic, i apologize! haha I think Bungie's "Destiny" has the potential to be the next big thing. Its supposed to be on the scale of the "Star Wars franchise" and 4 games plus DLC are all planned to 2018.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:14 pm

I'm just surprised that Activision hasn't gone a server/data center route and I wouldn't be surprised if they used this "open window" (Lag issues, etc.) as a basis to push subscription based gaming. Think about that....could you imagine if COD could become something on the scale of WOW. A stable, consistent platform that could be updated with "pack" upgrades/expansions. They'd make a fortune.

That being said...maybe Sony has come to that conclusion as well and the PS4 will be account specific (meaning you log-into any PS4 with your account) as some have suggested. That could potentially make your games and media online subscription specific (this would also cut out on GameStop resale, etc. which I'm sure they would love to do). I guess we'll see, but I feel something like this/that is inevitable....and the thing is I'd be willing to pay for it...if it worked.
Back to top Go down

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:57 pm

The used games thing doesn't really bother me.

It is the fact that I have two boys and one copy of any EA game isnt enough because only one will be allowed to play the multiplayer.....so we skip every single EA game.

Think about the lost revenue to EA. Their system is a disaster long term for them imo. I skip Madden......ect......it is a long, long list.

They already cost themselves a Crysis 3 sell in my household. Thing is, I would have bought one copy of Crysis 3 and then everybody would try it out. If it was great and everybody in my house wanted to play it all the time then I'd probably end up purchasing a second copy so that two xbox's could be running it at the same time (less sharing).

They won't get that chance though. They won't get the first copy sold to me because, if I don't like the game that much........I can't toss it at the boys and think to myself, "At least one of them will get $59.99 worth of gameplay out of it."

Nope. It is a one user per copy deal with them and that reduces the value of their game from initial release going forward.

They got me with BF3 but only because it wasn't near the full price.

EA means waiting on big price drops for me so that I can justify the purchase value-wise. I skip 99% of their stuff after price drops too.

And as far as them going to the Steam model.....that is wishful thinking. Devs will go to the Origin model, not the steam model and that is total crap. Steam has some great sales, this is true, but Origin is the same service basically and they do have sales but they are nothing like what you find on steam.

The company that brings down CoD from the top spot will do what all up and comers do when they take the top spot in every industry.......they will offer more value to the customer. EA will never get it done because they offer less value than Activision from the get-go. They aren't hungry enough. They don't want it bad enough.

The way to stop this is for everyone to simply do what I've done. Don't purchase from these Devs.....period.....or wait on drastic price drops.....and tell them why you won't buy from them and be sure to tell them about all the $$$$$ you toss at "gaming"......that they have eliminated themselves from getting a share of.

Pretty much......Respawn or Bungie are the only hope. They may be hungry enough to put the customer #1 and forgo all the new trends in order to get their foot in the door.

Last edited by FightingOkra75 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 3:19 pm

^^^ Okra... you have a stroke buddy?! You just stopped in mid sentence Razz
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:03 pm

Good points Okra. I do like what Ubisoft did with the Far Cry 3 muliplayer. When I rented it, I could play multiplayer up to level 15. if I wanted to go further then I would have to buy access. Buy it new and it comes with everything.

I am interested to see how Crytek's F2P Warface turns out. If it can do well on PC, and Sony & Microsoft can make money, it will come to console and really force some change in the industry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:40 pm

First things first: +1 Nuke

I agree, the window is open. And even more so b/c we're on the edge of the new generation of consoles.

Completely agree with Gun that the whole entire notion of buying a 'disc' is about to go the way of the casette/CD. Games are about to be purchased the exact same way mp3s or apps are now. Not immediately, as file size remains an issue - but soon.

Activision has gotten fat & lazy. Just like any emporer who has ruled for a length of time and fought off many would-be contenders. They've made so much money off of CoD that all they see now is margin, b/c they don't HAVE to worry about anything else. Up until this point, if it had the Call of Duty name on it - instant 10+ million sold.

Here's the problem as I see it. We all feel the issues b/c of how much we play. We belong to a predominantly CoD clan and post on a message board about CoD topics. We are the 5% die-hard players. The vast majority don't play as much as we do, they don't care as much as we do and therefore they don't suffer as much as we do.

So, with all the problems that BO2 (and MW3 - horrible fucking game) have had - they still sell the ever-lovin shit out of the next title. B/c the masses of 12 year old kids who will ask their parents to buy it for them don't give two shits about the experience - they just want to have the newest CoD game...like all their buddies do.

There WILL be a CoD killer at some point - that's just the way the market works. I just hope it's sooner rather than later...which is a sad thing b/c the game & concept themselves are a LOT of fun - it just doesn't work the way it's supposed to....period.
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:12 pm

A NEW game by the people for the people.

Imagine that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The window is open Empty
PostSubject: Re: The window is open   The window is open Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The window is open
Page 1 of 1