Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+44
grandmst
WOODY04
Chas-71
TheShamrock7
TydenWolf
Dirty Koi
Dagger Asp
invisible843
glenncb1973
IronKneebone
Uridium242
indyratpack
Doamne01
GGz ST34LTHY
Kamea6
Criptic Wolf
SwollenCamel
EstimatdProphet
Spartan Runnerr
xXx MiGs xXx
NukeLaCoog
MoneyMan300
Repo_Dog
bluehound000
walldoggy
xl Centurion lx
Sr Slampiece
BlackDeath
WhiteFrost12
Dubious Baller
carlmuir
ImGoodIfYouSuck
deadmyt
Nely
Winners
evandadda
UncleHubb
BubbleGutts192
SouthPawDraw
Maverick9227
Naven
TheCanisDirus
TripleAce Andy
DeathByAK
48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Empty
PostSubject: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:53 am

Thread for your initial feedback/thoughts after giving it a try.

I'm just now at level 6 - leveling up seems to go rather slowly.  But I've played several of the maps and my initial thought on the game is that I REALLY like it.

All of the youtubers & pros were right that it doesn't really feel like MW3 or BO2.  It feels totally different.  Mantling is different, sliding is different, the lean feature is awesome once you get used to doing it.  You die/kill SUPER fast - faster than any other CoD.  Maps are both large & medium - colors are very vibrant.  (too much green on the map for a color-blind dude tho)

One quick tip I got from Tmartn - use the extra squad points it requires to buy the Wire Tap perk as early as possible.  The perk allows you to use ANY (friendly or foe) Sat-com that's on the map!  This is a HUGE advantage right now b/c everyone is spamming the hell out of sat-coms as it's the default 3 kill-streak.

I'll be on as much as possible today - hit me up and let's rape some face!  affraid
Back to top Go down
TripleAce Andy

TripleAce Andy

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 am

My first thought was.. hmm... who would be away from work today. The first I noticed was an email from my boss: working from home. Haha!

How's your workplace today any missing cod-workers?

I'm picking mine up at lunch and will stare at it for a while until I get home and kids are in bed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tripleaceandy
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 am

Even though the maps are visually pleasing, I found them to be complex and confusing. This might just be me getting used to the maps but the learning curve for me is much greater than the last few COD titles. The maps also felt much bigger.

Why would they not keep the mute all button?? Thought that was annoying.

Not too thrilled with this game right now. I'll grind it out to see if it gets any better.

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:29 am

DeathByAK wrote:
You die/kill SUPER fast - faster than any other CoD.
Christ... really!? The super quick TTK was the magnifier exaggerating all of what was wrong with COD online. Now it's even quicker? That's a big problem. Online hit detection and getting shot around corners is going to be the new standard... ugh. I hope i'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Naven

Naven

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 am

I am enjoying it along, although I am only LVL 6. I do feel like I am leveling slowly and therefor cannot try new weapons and stuff... so I am looking for the best loadout for my play style. Other than that, I really like it.
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:41 am

After playing BF3/4 kinda used to the big-ass maps. I'll give it go tonight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:52 am

evandadda wrote:
 Why would they not keep the mute all button??
Seriously? Fuck it! It's going in the trash. The Pick system and that were the best thing about about BO2.
Back to top Go down
BubbleGutts192

BubbleGutts192

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:00 pm

I thought they were getting rid of the quick scope? And I noticed the camping starting early. Campaign so far is pretty nice. Although the campaign is always nice. To me it seems like core and hardcore are pretty much the same except for core having the map in the corner.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Wait... they got rid of the "Pick 10" stystem?!
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm struggling here ... can't say I LOVE this game yet ... but have only played 20 or so matches.  My first suggestion ... start on the 'Squads' ... good practice with the 'bots' and points count.  

I'm not sold on how the game 'feels' yet ... is different good?  Maybe need to get a few new guns ... not liking the standard load outs or how the guns 'feel' when shooting.  And talk about quick deaths.

It seems like it's taking F-O--R-E-V-E-R to level up (maybe it's because my real purpose in the game is to help OTHERS level up by killing me).  And the maps ... HOLY HUGE BATMAN - my thumb is sore after just one night!  I'm also finding myself running around confused ... tons of levels (floors) in the maps, lots of hallways, rooms, catwalks and camping spots.  Did I mention how HUGE the maps are???  REALLY HUGE!!!

And the sound?  Not yet impressed.  Sounds 'muddied' and not real 'accurate'.  LOVE LOVE LOVE the what they've done with the visuals!  Absolutely beautiful.  Can't wait to see this on PS4!

I'm not giving up - hoping as I level up and get more guns my review will get better.
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Also for some reason the comsat thing confuses me. I have to read more about how to use it effectively. Quite often I lay it down and it doesn't seem to do much of anything and there's no way over half the team on the other side has stealth, ghost or whatever perk it is to not show up on the map. Maybe it's the minimap layout too. or maybe im just getting old and my eyes suck
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:20 pm

Yea I heard you need 3 or 4 for serious effectiveness
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:21 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
Wait... they got rid of the "Pick 10" stystem?!  
They enhanced the crap out of the Pick 10. Seems better.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:22 pm

I think the servers are down lol.

Got to love those dedi/hybrid servers. Here we go with the POS cloud system.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:25 pm

The dedicated servers aren't live yet.
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:29 pm

I'm NOT getting the 'warm fuzzys' I got with BLOPS2. I still remember getting back from the mid-night release and hearing (feeling) the guns and grenades and saying ... WOW.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:30 pm

There are not dedicated servers on 360. It is a hybrid system.

Code:
In August, Microsoft announced that Call of Duty: Ghosts would feature dedicated servers on the Xbox One, marking a significant departure from the franchise's long history of player-hosted matches. But what about other platforms? According to a recent tweet from Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin, Call of Duty: Ghosts will utilize dedicated servers across current-gen, next-gen, and PC.

While Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PC, and Wii U players will all seemingly be able to reap the benefits of dedicated servers, Rubin also confirmed that Ghosts will preserve player-hosted matches as well:
Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance.
Basically the matchmaking has been preserved so unless you are really lucky most matches will be the same as before. Of course depending on your connection. So the matchmaking is going to pretty much stay the same.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:31 pm

UncleHubb wrote:

I'm NOT getting the 'warm fuzzys' I got with BLOPS2.  I still remember getting back from the mid-night release and hearing (feeling) the guns and grenades and saying ... WOW.  
From the audio in the vids i've seen... the guns sound like shit! Is that just me making harsh judgement based on YT vids... or do they really sound that off?
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:33 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
UncleHubb wrote:

I'm NOT getting the 'warm fuzzys' I got with BLOPS2.  I still remember getting back from the mid-night release and hearing (feeling) the guns and grenades and saying ... WOW.  
From the audio in the vids i've seen... the guns sound like shit!  Is that just me making harsh judgement based on YT vids... or do they really sound that off?
Well there are definately audio problems. When you get killed you hear one shot go off you die so fast though that the killcam then shows many shots being fired but you only hear one.
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:36 pm

I
'm really hoping (really) the PS4 addresses some of these issues. Maybe the game was designed more around the PS4 platform?
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Play Squads. So much more fun right now. Gives you lots of time to learn maps. Rank up faster, try out different load outs.

Bots are not exactly pushover's either.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:40 pm

UncleHubb wrote:

I
'm really hoping (really) the PS4 addresses some of these issues.  Maybe the game was designed more around the PS4 platform?  

RT
'm really hoping (really) the PS4 addresses some of these issues.  Maybe the game was designed more around the PS4 platform?
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:41 pm

Nely wrote:
Play Squads.  So much more fun right now.  Gives you lots of time to learn maps.  Rank up faster, try out different load outs.

Bots are not exactly pushover's either.

Definitely!  
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:48 pm

I got several host migrations this morning - didn't think that was supposed to happen with dedicated servers?

You die really freaking fast. There really is no gun FIGHTING, it's just a matter of who gets the first shot(s) on target...done.

The maps are big and depending on the game mode can play VERY slowly...maybe b/c it's day 1 and ppl are just checking stuff out instead of really PTFO.

I'm not totally blown away, it's a CoD game - like the last several IW games. The one thing I think TA really does better than IW is the movement and fluidity of motion. This game does NOT feel fluid to me at all.

My attitude has changed for this release - normally I'm all about getting leveled up as quickly as possible - this time I'm just looking forward to trying a bunch of the new game modes and co-op stuff with some 30s.
Back to top Go down
Nely

Nely

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Just to let anyone know who hasn't played yet. This is WAY different than any of the previous COD.

The graphics and coloring are WAY better than Treyarch. Fluidity seems fine to me. No auto aim I think.
It's almost like BF meets COD.
Someone said this earlier too. Huge learning curve.

I would also suggest saving your squad points until people figure out what the best load outs are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next