Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+44
grandmst
WOODY04
Chas-71
TheShamrock7
TydenWolf
Dirty Koi
Dagger Asp
invisible843
glenncb1973
IronKneebone
Uridium242
indyratpack
Doamne01
GGz ST34LTHY
Kamea6
Criptic Wolf
SwollenCamel
EstimatdProphet
Spartan Runnerr
xXx MiGs xXx
NukeLaCoog
MoneyMan300
Repo_Dog
bluehound000
walldoggy
xl Centurion lx
Sr Slampiece
BlackDeath
WhiteFrost12
Dubious Baller
carlmuir
ImGoodIfYouSuck
deadmyt
Nely
Winners
evandadda
UncleHubb
BubbleGutts192
SouthPawDraw
Maverick9227
Naven
TheCanisDirus
TripleAce Andy
DeathByAK
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Nely

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:02 pm

Just to let anyone know who hasn't played yet. This is WAY different than any of the previous COD.

The graphics and coloring are WAY better than Treyarch. Fluidity seems fine to me. No auto aim I think.
It's almost like BF meets COD.
Someone said this earlier too. Huge learning curve.

I would also suggest saving your squad points until people figure out what the best load outs are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
deadmyt

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:12 pm

The few games that I have played, hit detection has been flawless. That might have something to do with the quick time to kill. Bullets are actually registering! So far I like it. The next gen Ghosts I heard will be 9 v 9 standard so that would explain the map sizes. From now on games just aren't going to be made with the 360 and PS3 in mind
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:20 pm

still don't have it. now knowing that kills/deaths happen EVEN QUICKER than before further deters me from getting it. I was so displeased with the piece of shit that was BO2 that I might be done with the CoD franchise until it takes more than one bullet to kill someone. I miss OG BO Sad
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Winners wrote:
There are not dedicated servers on 360. It is a hybrid system.

Code:
In August, Microsoft announced that Call of Duty: Ghosts would feature dedicated servers on the Xbox One, marking a significant departure from the franchise's long history of player-hosted matches. But what about other platforms? According to a recent tweet from Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin, Call of Duty: Ghosts will utilize dedicated servers across current-gen, next-gen, and PC.

While Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PC, and Wii U players will all seemingly be able to reap the benefits of dedicated servers, Rubin also confirmed that Ghosts will preserve player-hosted matches as well:
Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible. There is also some great new tech in the matchmaking system that will place players in matches that have the best combined overall connectivity performance.
Basically the matchmaking has been preserved so unless you are really lucky most matches will be the same as before. Of course depending on your connection. So the matchmaking is going to pretty much stay the same.
I'm too lazy to go find it, but I definitely remember Rubin saying with certainty that all platforms in both gens were going to have dedicated servers. And then they gave themselves an out by saying it's a Hybrid system.

How close do you have to live to get a good enough ping to get on the dedicated server matches? Or will peer hosting just always "win" out?
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:50 pm

From what I understand there are both dedicated servers and listen servers (p2p). No clue how it works really. I do not believe I have been in a match on a dedicated server yet. I still see host migrations and it will stay like this as they are keeping the p2p in the game. Basically it is supposed to be smart enough to decide what the best connection is for you or your overall group. BTW p2p is what makes the modding possible.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:50 pm

They are probably not up yet. The rentable servers aren't up for BF4 yet. Then again they may be only for Next Gen this time, who knows
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee
carlmuir

carlmuir

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:29 pm

deadmyt wrote:
The few games that I have played, hit detection has been flawless. That might have something to do with the quick time to kill. Bullets are actually registering! So far I like it. The next gen Ghosts I heard will be 9 v 9 standard so that would explain the map sizes. From now on games just aren't going to be made with the 360 and PS3 in mind
MR MYT! Exactly what I was going to post in regards to the large map sizes.
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I have not played yet, only watched videos and streams but most of the things I hear people complain about sounds good to me. I want people to die fast. When I shoot at someone I want them to die not run around a corner and heal up and then have to gunfight them again. I don't like the idea of big maps but from watching vids it seems like it is not hard to find action, seems like maybe they might play smaller than they are. I would think due to the short time to kill and map size and multiple flank routes this game is going to end up being more about strategy and working together as a team.
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm

From what I'm hearing from you guys and the Youtubers it sounds like Ghosts is pushing strategy. The map scale, multiple access points and some of the steaks (e.g. comsat) will require cooperation. That and the quick deaths sounds like they are trying to slow the pace a bit. All this means is that play will have to be a bit more thought out...you'll need cover (thus lean), map knowledge and communication to win on these. Doesn't sound like you'll be able to beast-mode / rush through em' on your own (hope it doesn't turn into a camper paradise)

If that's the case it may be a reflection of CODs elevated focus on clans/community and could be a big plus for our usual o30c teamwork.
Back to top Go down
WhiteFrost12

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Hmmm...I was at first reluctant to get Ghosts, as I have consistently sucked with each new iteration of this game. But, since I've subtitled it COD:Crack, my addiction to playing made me pre-order just a couple days ago. Not really thrilled to hear the mixed reviews so far...Hope I can pick up my copy on the way home and be on tonite to check it out. I actually appreciate the larger maps; hopefully means it will take longer to become bored with them, which tends to happen.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:56 pm

I played two games really quick didn't have a lot of time today.

First game TDM - map was too big, difficult to find anyone, full of fucking corner campers, and connection was GARBAGE! lag was worse than when I played on cellular! Went 4-12 (5 deaths were from ppl camping hard)

Second game Cranked - connection was better but still terrible and borderline unplayable.  Went 5-3 found it difficult to find ppl yet again.

Graphics certainly look better than mw3 but that bar was set low.

The ugly - zero indicators of connection.  No bars, no ping numbers, NOTHING.  Therefore you also have no idea if someone is host or if they're fucking with the connection.  Wickedshrapnel said dedicated servers were not active yet and I hope thats the case considering how bad the connection was.

Creating your own look is a great concept but you are really pigeon holed with very few initial options - you need to unlock nearly everything. The default loadouts are actually usable.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Dont worry BD, Tmartn is here to help you!  You should just sub him and watch the Ghosts 101 series he's putting together for noobs like you!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:06 pm

stfu slam
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
xl Centurion lx

xl Centurion lx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:17 pm

All the more reason to buy The Xbox 1---strickly dedicated servers for it playing Ghosts
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:29 pm

xl Centurion lx wrote:
All the more reason to buy The Xbox 1---strickly dedicated servers for it playing Ghosts
What exactly are you saying sir? That it will play better on the XB1 vs the 360?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:10 am

xl Centurion lx wrote:
All platforms will have them, but I don't think they are up yet, had host migration today. And it was playing pretty bad today for me too. Really laggy some games, and a noticeable connection disadvantage. Reminded me a LOT of MW3 in that regard.

It is certainly a different game from BO2, and what I'm having the most trouble with are the spawns. It seems like it wants to push for a revenge spawn in objective type games, so it spawns you mid map a lot with little rhyme or reason that I can figure out. Playing Dom in the map that is inside the factory I get shot in the back about 80% of the time 2-4 seconds after spawning in because I spawned mid map. WTF? Many times I would almost spawn in right in front of someone, or they would spawn in right behind me.

And its going to be a camper's paradise with all the places to hide, enemies are difficult to see they blend into the graphics. And with TTK nearly similar to HC its going to slow the game pace down some.

The maps are so big and there are so many levels its going to take a while to learn these maps. But I've noticed a few power positions to hold...NOTE TO EVERYONE: Its almost ALWAYS the high ground you want. And since the maps are not linear like BO2 the "B" flag doesn't matter. Many times its easier to hold "A" and "C" and spawn trap them at "B" the castle map is one of those. You don't want to get spawn trapped inside the castle, it will be very similar to getting trapped inside the building on Dome in MW3.

And Holy Grind Batman!! getting perks, weapon attachments and killstreaks, etc. unlocked is going to take forever. I have about 7 hours playing already and barely have even ONE loadout how I want it. I have only 4 or 5 weapons unlocked with hardly any attachments or perks unlocked. Its going to take a couple of days playing before you even have enough stuff unlocked to create a diverse selection of loadouts to carry into a game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
carlmuir

carlmuir

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:42 am

I'm pretty happy that leveling is slow. Means it has some life to it as opposed to the others with fairly "quick" max prestiges.
Plus I believe you keep everything when you prestige in Ghosts and it's just to get emblems and titles...I think.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:01 am

Winners wrote:
From what I understand there are both dedicated servers and listen servers (p2p). No clue how it works really. I do not believe I have been in a match on a dedicated server yet. I still see host migrations and it will stay like this as they are keeping the p2p in the game. Basically it is supposed to be smart enough to decide what the best connection is for you or your overall group. BTW p2p is what makes the modding possible.
I played 7 hour yesterday not one host migration ! we moved to hardcore damn It seemed like a much better game !
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:05 am

Nely wrote:
Just to let anyone know who hasn't played yet.  This is WAY different than any of the previous COD.  

The graphics and coloring are WAY better than Treyarch.   Fluidity seems fine to me.  No auto aim I think.  
It's almost like BF meets COD.
Someone said this earlier too. Huge learning curve.

I would also suggest saving your squad points until people figure out what the best load outs are.
graphics I'am not impressed !
And there is auto aim you can turn it off in the options !
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 am

Picked mine up yesterday at lunch. Still sitting in the plastic in my basement. I hate that everyone will be so far ahead of me by Friday but at least I will have tons of uninterrupted gameplay for the next 8 days! cheers 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:41 am

I have 8-10 hours in so far.  If you have connection issues....it's your connection this time.  I've played every COD game in the last 10 year on both the console and PC and this is the best hit detection I've seen since COD4.  When I shoot someone, they die.  When I die it's because I was out shot or outplayed.  I don't remember a single time of falling over dead after running around a corner.  There is FAR less auto-aim, which I a good thing, since that was getting more ridiculous with every release.

Right now ARs dominate and I think that is a good thing.  SMGs are very good in CQB, ARs are more of a "jack of all trades" class, and Marksman are very good at med to long range.  I don't have much experience with shotguns yet.  Too me this is how it should be.  Snipers....run-n-gun quick scoping is pretty much gone.  Sniping is effective and quick scoping is possible, but due to the greatly reduced auto-aim you actually have to aim at hit the target to kill them.  If you are just getting started, check out the weapon load out thread.  I have some suggestions on classes there so you don't waste your early squad points.

The maps are big but in obj games, they don't play that big.  TDM might be a different story, but I don't really play that and cranked is a good fast paced version of TDM. Blitz works really well on these maps, especially with good team work.  Until I learn the traffic patterns and how each game type play on the I will reserve judgement.

This game feels like it was designed for next gen and then scaled down for current gen so I it will be interesting to play in on the XBO/PS4.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:06 am

MoneyMan300 wrote:
 If you have connection issues....it's your connection this time.
Exact same thing that was said about Black Ops 2 when it launched.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:16 am

MoneyMan300 wrote:
I have 8-10 hours in so far.  If you have connection issues....it's your connection this time.  I've played every COD game in the last 10 year on both the console and PC and this is the best hit detection I've seen since COD4.  When I shoot someone, they die.
I've heard mixed things about this and i wonder which is true. I've heard exactly what you've said... but i've also heard that there is no change to "hit detection" and that "feel" is a direct result of the decreased TTK (increased weapon damage).

Theory is... they increase the damage by so much that anyone will be guaranteed to get at least a few shots on target... so when those 1-3 bullets hit... they kill quickly.

Who knows...

MoneyMan300 wrote:

This game feels like it was designed for next gen and then scaled down for current gen so I it will be interesting to play in on the XBO/PS4.
Same with BF4. I think most of these late gen games are really made for next gen. I'd be interested in seeing how it ends up playing on the PS4/XBO as right now there are rumors of bad frame rate drops.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:32 am

I played solo for about 2 hours last night, had some decent games and had some just fucking awful games. I equate the awful games to not knowing the super mega huge maps etc. I can tell you from what I experienced that there were moments when hit detection was great, best it's ever been. But I still had moments when I was getting dropped in one shot. So I solved that problem and went to hardcore = )
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:54 am

NukeLaCoog wrote:
MoneyMan300 wrote:
 If you have connection issues....it's your connection this time.
Exact same thing that was said about Black Ops 2 when it launched.
Not by me...I was ready to break that game in half after 1 day because of the awful lag comp. Since BO1, the better your internet connection, the more you got lag comped. I have have always been primarily an AR player, so its easy for me to see that bullet registration is 10 times better in Ghosts. This game is plays more like COD4 and MW2 and without dedicated servers in the mix yet, there is some host advantage for the host,which is fine...better to have issue with 1 person in the lobby instead of everyone.
Back to top Go down
deadmyt

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:17 pm

So far I have been getting my ass kicked but I would not say it's because of lag comp. I'm not afraid to admit it but there are just a lot more better players out there than me with almost perfect aim. You stray off target even a little and your dead. I'm ok with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next