Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread

Go down 
+44
grandmst
WOODY04
Chas-71
TheShamrock7
TydenWolf
Dirty Koi
Dagger Asp
invisible843
glenncb1973
IronKneebone
Uridium242
indyratpack
Doamne01
GGz ST34LTHY
Kamea6
Criptic Wolf
SwollenCamel
EstimatdProphet
Spartan Runnerr
xXx MiGs xXx
NukeLaCoog
MoneyMan300
Repo_Dog
bluehound000
walldoggy
xl Centurion lx
Sr Slampiece
BlackDeath
WhiteFrost12
Dubious Baller
carlmuir
ImGoodIfYouSuck
deadmyt
Nely
Winners
evandadda
UncleHubb
BubbleGutts192
SouthPawDraw
Maverick9227
Naven
TheCanisDirus
TripleAce Andy
DeathByAK
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackDeath

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:
I guess I will be the first one to come out and straight up say I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!

When you only play one game I guess you have little to compare it to Smile

p.s.
Are you actually going to join a party @ 3 or pull your solo FFA bullshit? I love you 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
GGz ST34LTHY

GGz ST34LTHY

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:46 pm

deadmyt wrote:
This time next year people will be mad that they can't kill someone once BO3 comes out.
I think treyarchs next cod is`nt till 2015, sledgehammer is supposed to be
doing the next one i believe and remember they were co-developers on MW3.

My 1st impression of this game was this is a pile of SHIT, and even after about 7 or 8 hours i still feel that way. Almost every killcam nevers matches whats on my screen.
I never instadrop anyone but always seem to be killed instantly. Maps are far too big.

Levelling is slow, it even took a decent player like wicked shrapnel 24hrs to prestige,
i am by no means a great player but it only took me 200hrs to reach max prestige on BO2.

Maybe i just need more time with it but IMHO BF4 is better.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:54 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
Sr Slampiece wrote:
I guess I will be the first one to come out and straight up say I FUCKING LOVE THIS GAME!

When you only play one game I guess you have little to compare it to Smile

p.s.
Are you actually going to join a party @ 3 or pull your solo FFA bullshit? I love you 
You're a fucking mind reader!
GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Captur10

I will be partying up....afro 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Nely wrote:
Pretty much agree.  F1st nails it here.
Agree 100% Nely
Back to top Go down
MoneyMan300

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:

Yeah there are some things that aren't perfect but out of the gate I'm having a hell of a good time.

One thing that I keep in mind and I hope you all do too is remember that when you start off, you are already behind the 8 ball behind everyone else.  There will always be people in your lobby with better load outs than what you have available.  You might get dropped super quick but that guy might have had that deadeye perk on.

The TTK is no more than what it was in MW3 or MW2 in my opinion.  Some maps are large and there are some bozo spawns but I will gladly take that over getting rubberband killed behind a wall and cross map pistol kills.

My girls have safely made it back to Iowa so Slamapalooza will start promptly at 3pm EST. cheers 

THIS X10! Best installment in years. The people that are complaining about TTK must not have played the older CODs or don't remember. Fast TTK was a staple of COD until the first Black OPs. Bigger maps and fast TTK are how COD started. Take that and add in all the customization and I am really liking this game. You have to change the way you are used to play, you can't play the same as BO2 or MW3. Connections in this game or 1000% better than BO2 or MW3.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:38 pm

MoneyMan300 wrote:
THIS X10!  Best installment in years.  The people that are complaining about TTK must not have played the older CODs or don't remember.  Fast TTK was a staple of COD until the first Black OPs.  Bigger maps and fast TTK are how COD started.  Take that and add in all the customization and I am really liking this game.  You have to change the way you are used to play, you can't play the same as BO2 or MW3.  Connections in this game or 1000% better than BO2 or MW3.
I'm super pumped the game is working out great for you guys... that's awesome and i'm jealous! lol For me it's a pile of crap connections on par with BO2. (sometimes the corner kills are even worse - and i've good very low ping, great bandwidth fios 50 - go figure) Maybe this will change when they implement their "dedicated" servers. One can only hope.

Being an OG COD (2003 on PC) player I respectfully disagree. COD (as far as multiplayer is concerned) has never been one way or the other. It it has however, stayed within some guidelines set early on in the franchise by games like COD2 and MW. (representing med-quick kill and med map size).

Ghosts has broken out of those guidelines. TTK is almost certainly quicker in Ghosts than MW (which was fast, it's a IW thing i know) or any other title. This is likely coupled with higher body damage modifiers etc. Symthic will have their TTK charts complete in a week or two and we'll all know a lot more then. All i know is it feels nothing like any other COD... which is exactly what Droft0r and the other YT guys have been saying.... they were spot on.

Map wise... you can't even compare. Ghosts' maps are without a doubt much larger and do not follow the traditional 3 route mostly symmetrical layout of past games. (i see some WaW here but minor)

I'm just jealous you guys are having good connections - and I think it's awesome you're really enjoying it... i just wish i was Sad 

Back to top Go down
invisible843

invisible843

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm

The TTK is AMAZING!!!!.....for now
Back to top Go down
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Take away the COMPLETELY retarded spawning system and I like it. Like has been said feels different, but I think I've found that weapon and attachment combo that I truly love so we'll see what happens. Spawning has always been a focal point in every game out but this one is way out there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
Dagger Asp

Dagger Asp

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:40 pm

I am with you Slam I love this game. Even though I had some bad games with you today it was fun. With better map knowledge I am sure my stats will go up as they are pathetic after playing TDM with you and your lag switch
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 pm

OK, so maybe Slam and Dagger are the only two people that are in love with this game.  For the rest of us, check out this video.  

How to stay alive in CoD Ghosts:

If you don't want to watch it, or can't, here it is in a nutshell:

Stop Sprinting.  ADS as much as you can.  Especially around corners.  With the super fast TTK, first shot is the most important.  If you hit first, you will cause the enemy to flinch and have a lower chance of killing you first.

Will try this out the next time I'm on, but give it a try.  Can'y hurt for most of us.

BTW, I checked the leaderboards and, at least for P1, I think maybe 10 out of 80 people are above 1.0 K/D.  :aafraid:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Dagger Asp

Dagger Asp

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:52 am

I am sure that most K/D will go up once you have map knowledge and get used to the mechanics of this latest installment. BO2 was different and it seems soured a lot of people (including myself). All I am saying is give violence a chance !!!! Or teabag Slam with field orders and get a KEM Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Dirty Koi

Dirty Koi

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 12

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 9:35 am

Just played my 1st 3 games this morning and I strongly dislike the maps, but hit detection was good. I got my ass kicked, but oh well. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play some more today
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TattooedKoi?feature=mhee
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 am

(Really Hoping) this will get better with the PS4!
Back to top Go down
xl Centurion lx

xl Centurion lx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:35 am

I haven't played the game but it seems to me that Ghosts is set in Hardcore mode. I think the first game patch will address the quick TTK.
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:36 pm

walldoggy wrote:
OK, so maybe Slam and Dagger are the only two people that are in love with this game.  For the rest of us, check out this video.  

Stop Sprinting.  ADS as much as you can.  Especially around corners.  With the super fast TTK, first shot is the most important.  If you hit first, you will cause the enemy to flinch and have a lower chance of killing you first.

Will try this out the next time I'm on, but give it a try.  Can'y hurt for most of us.

BTW, I checked the leaderboards and, at least for P1, I think maybe 10 out of 80 people are above 1.0 K/D.  :aafraid:
Doggy! Thanks for the video I have been playing much better since watching it. I actually have a higher k/d in the last day since watching it if I did not have the first couple of days of sucking so bad I would be almost have a 2.0 K/D I have been telling everyone that is having problems to slow down and ADS more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
TheShamrock7

TheShamrock7

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:25 pm

I find this game frustrating at times and play more Squads than Multiplayer. I get some lag here and there but way better than black ops lag. My first thoughts were that they did a half ass job on this game, but the more I play it seems the younger generation is the problem only caring about KD and care packages.  I like the game type cranked but every time i play there is campers sniping. No one plays objective anymore seems to be getting worse. I wish they would fix it some how get rid of KD or care packages or something. Over all I like the game.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:40 pm

One thing brought up yesterday are the changes in capping flags in Dom. The enemy jumps on the flag and at some point the flag becomes neutral (white) and then its fully capped for the other team. It's also much quicker than before. At least it seems like it.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:41 pm

TydenWolf wrote:
walldoggy wrote:

Doggy! Thanks for the video I have been playing much better since watching it. I actually have a higher k/d in the last day since watching it if I did not have the first couple of days of sucking so bad I would be almost have a 2.0 K/D I have been telling everyone that is having problems to slow down and ADS more.
Glad it helped out. Hope it helps out others too. I was ready to chuck this game, but I've been having a lot more fun the last couple days after watching the vid.
Back to top Go down
Chas-71

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:45 am

I've noticed a lot of this that was in the video - I typically do very poorly for my KDR if I play how I normally have in the past games with rushing a lot and normal run / gun mode. I have consciously made an effort to slow myself down and it does help me quite a bit. This video / tip just reinforces that whole concept to me even more though. Thanks for posting that - will definitely try to use this more often. It's hard though because I do love to run / gun - stay moving the entire game.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:11 am

I think you can still run and gun. Just have the ADS going every time you turn a corner or go through a door. That should give you enough of a drop on someone to shoot them before they shoot you.
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:52 am

I'm still finding myself shot ... and not knowing what happened until I see the 'kill-cam'. As for running and gunning ... the maps way too big to sit still. I'll go as far as using 'boring' because it can take so long to find someone on these maps.

There are a few 'small' maps that keep the action somewhat exciting ... but running for the first minute to find someone is frustrating!
Back to top Go down
WOODY04

WOODY04

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:28 am

I am liking the gameplay of the game. It is much different than any other COD game. The maps seem a little big for 6v6. They also seem to be more campy than before just because there are so many hiding spots on the maps. Alot of buildings to hide in is kind of frustrating. But overall I am enjoying the game. I liked the pick 10 system that BO2 had instead of the squad points.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:27 am

I've been running a lot of specialist and I think the #1 key is to hear the bad guys first USE AMPLIFY! #2 Don't let the bad guys hear/see you. I use dead silence, off the radar, silencer. #3 Be fast! I'll use ready up, quick draw, fast hands. Stalker if you can use it (I cant, its like having your sensitivity 5 notches higher)

So in a nut shell: Know your enemy is coming, don't let them know you are around, and be ready for them when they appear.

I've quickly escalated my KD to a 1.69 (2.33 in FFA) running like this and it works. That and learn the spawns and constantly watch your back. If you're running a long corridor, you better pull a 180 a couple times. Chances are, there will be someone trailing you shortly.

I think it plays a lot like MW3 did. FAST!
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Slam - does 'amplify' really work that well? You can actually hear them running?
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:28 pm

UncleHubb wrote:

Slam - does 'amplify' really work that well?  You can actually hear them running?
OMG, if you ever used sitrep pro on MW3, it 10 times louder! You can hear them a mile away. PLUS even if they are running dead silence, it still makes their footsteps at normal volume.

It's probably one of the most OP perks IMO.
Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Hmmmmm ... and it's called 'amplify'?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread   GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GHOSTS: First Thoughts Thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next