Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Empty
PostSubject: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:43 am

Hey guys, as I posted in the 30 vs 4gc thread I think they have definitely gotten the upper hand on us as of late because they are working better as a team than we are. It is not because they are better than us. Don't get me wrong they are good, but I think when we play as a team we are unstoppable. Yes Colby i understand that to win we have to keep two flags. The problem is we are not acting as a unit to accomplish this. We need to come to a group decision as to how we are going to accomplish that task and then stick to it. We were running around rampant without a plan last night. Everybody going everywhere and completely out of sync. I personally think we should have a plan and stick to it. So my question is, What should that plan be? Ideas? I have some but I am sure you guys can come up with better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 am

I will get the ball rolling on this even though I could not play last night. Using a couple weeks ago when we had 4 close matches and squeaked out a win (still have not seen those games posted and it may be good to go back and watch them) I think we should do something like this:
(1) Take first flag and 2 folks assigned to defend with tac inserts
(2) 4 players all move to take the next desired flag (depends on map)
(3) Upon taking second flag 2 more players tac insert to defend.
(4) 2 ROVERS (remaining players) roam between the two held flags using portable radar eliminating threats as much as possible
(5) for maps where first flag is undesired (ex: A on Mission) 2 Rovers scout the third flag in an attempt to take it (ex. C on Mission) and defend while 2 defenders from first flag move to defend new flag.
(6) Loosing a flag results in ROVERS flowing back to that flag to help defenders and defend\retake flag. Once flag secured return to eliminating enemies.
(7) Some maps allow the defenders and rovers to work together which almost results in a strategy change toward defining positions for each area to post-up (i.e. Lockdown while holding B and C).
(Cool In the event of a Spawn flip, repeat the process by taking\defending closest flag.

This strategy will require the 2 sets of defenders to communicate with each other and the ROVERS. The rovers will need to focus on enemy elimination and understanding the condition of the defenders at the flags. Also, defenders should run Support Classes with the understanding that they will take more deaths in defending flags. ROVERS should run Assault and play to build kill streaks that will help defend the held flags.

Additional Observations
A.) In recent matches I have noticed a lot of raging when we die instead of calling out the position\condition\weapons in play by the person that killed us. Checking your kill cam and\or making the callout provides useful information to the rest of the team
B.) Two weeks ago we scattered from our spawn like cockroaches with no coordination. Coupled with no communication we were easy pickings.
C.) We have not coordinated our killstreaks very well in recent matches with the focus being on Support. Many times we have had multiple EMPs in play and little to no other useful killstreaks in play. For example, a sentry gun well positioned can provide relief on defending a flag, especially when coupled with an EMP or Counter UAV.
D.) We need to have one person coordinating the efforts for each match and making the touch calls on flags to capature, strategy changes mid-match, etc. to help keep the focus on the WIN! And since we are all grown-ups of course individuals filling this role should take no heat for their decisions if they don't work out.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:19 am

I agree with most of ur assesments as they are my own, with a few exceptions.

1. Portable radar was completely useless last night. They all ran Assasin. Never saw a blip on my radar from my portable or any UAV's. I had better luck when i ran with flashes and threw them for location checks.

All the rest are more of an addition than a disagreement with ur assesments.

2. Alot of them are running Blast Shield/Vests so it is making my SMAW and other's C4 useless. Also they are killing us with C4 like crazy.

3. I do think we need a leader but it should not be me. As I have a tendancy to let my emotions get the better of me when mad. Which I get alot playing MW3. I have no problem organizing the games (Cause organizing is what I do) but not leading the team. However, I can take orders. If u tell me to defend an area or take a flag I am going to attack that order with everything I have.

4. We also definitely need to better coordinate our killstreaks. We have too may people running Support with EMP. Myself included sometimes. It helped alot earlier on in this when we had some Sentry Guns and I.M.S.'s sitting around. If they don't kill em they at least slow em down a bit and gives us some warning they are coming and from where when they go off.

5. As far as how to attack the B flag on Maps like Hardhat, they are just beating us there. I like the idea of the four that attack it originally having tac inserts and Extreme Conditioning to get us there first and keep us there until we take it and can set up to defend it effectively. At which point those four can change classes to better suit defending instead of rushing and capping.

6. Definitely like the 2-2-2 rule. 2 Defenders at each of our two flags and 2 rovers the slide from flag to flag as need be. But for that to work communication is the key and the 2 set of defenders have to use tac inserts to keep the postion is that is there job.

7. Know you job and own it. but if u need help say it.

Good thoughts Pro. Anybody else?
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:35 am

Well knowing my play style I do better defending and my girl is going to exchange my Mic today .so ill set a support class to whatever we need .
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm

4 to B and 2 on the starting flag is a start, tac inserts would be nice for the 2 that stay. Also when you are defending a flag. If radar isn't working then listen for their footsteps. Put your pro perks to work. Also some bullestic vests on the spawn flag might help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 pm

I just never know when we get into these interclan battles....how/when can I participate? I'll take up the role of defender and running Support.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah I can't run and gun very well I'm an opportunity camper .we just need to figure out what killstreaks and who's gonna run what . Just got my new Mic ,that pissed me off last night .I ran vest counter uav and bomber but couldn't tell anyone .
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Maybe we should set our meeting time alittle earlier to coordinate our classes before 4gc comes into the lobby. Maybe 10 or so minutes before 10pm .
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 pm

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
I just never know when we get into these interclan battles....how/when can I participate? I'll take up the role of defender and running Support.

they usually post sign-ups. but I think that they are normally tuesday 10:00 est
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
OldSchoolNESfan wrote:

they usually post sign-ups. but I think that they are normally tuesday 10:00 est

Titian from the 55's posted last night that they want to get stuff going again. I hope we can do it Monday's
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Would it be possible to set something up where we can run 30's v 30's? I am new here and I have noticed a few things playing with the clan and also playing against it. When I have played against some 30's and I am surrounded by randoms I, and my random team, get....well dominated. A couple of guys are playing the objective, a couple are kill whoring and a couple are just going Leroy Jenkins and running and blasting and capping anything possible spawns be damned. I have noticed the same thing while playing with the clan and it has been pretty simple to lock up half the map. But when I am playing with the clan I have noticed that it is much more difficult to maintain our map control when facing more coordinated competition. Against a more unified front communication becomes a lot more vital and I am a big offender at minimal communication. I don't know the maps very well yet so instead of me saying 2 guys running down that random hallway near a wall I get caught up watching how awesome my death was on killcam.

I would love to play some 30 v. 30 DOM as a competitive practice if you will. We would all get used to playing with each other against competition we know will be playing the objective and will be coordinated in what they do. It will also get us all used to each other's style of play and communication style. We all do this for fun, but as long as they are keeping score then the fun comes in winning. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Dead_Eric wrote:
The1UrLookin4 wrote:
OldSchoolNESfan wrote:

Titian from the 55's posted last night that they want to get stuff going again. I hope we can do it Monday's

I am offering myself up to organize the team for Monday night games against the 55's just like i am doing with the 4gc matches Eric. Just let me know. All it would require is me to look at 2 threads instead of 1. Not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:19 am

bump
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:26 am

mwhop78 wrote:
Dead_Eric wrote:
The1UrLookin4 wrote:
OldSchoolNESfan wrote:

I am offering myself up to organize the team for Monday night games against the 55's just like i am doing with the 4gc matches Eric. Just let me know. All it would require is me to look at 2 threads instead of 1. Not a big deal.

seeing as how your organizational skills are greater than mine, I'm fine with that
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:03 am

I was thinking about this yesterday .we always take top and some of the maps that puts us in shit spawns ex: mission ,top team ends up spawning in the hole at A . Do we have to keep the top choice or should we change depending on map?
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 9:06 am

That's just what we have always done to make it "fair". They suggested it a while back so no one gets confused which team they are on match to match. I would rather pick the map and the spawn when it's our turn. As a way to combat the current system though, we need to do some research and see what spawns are what on the maps.. Then make sure when we choose maps that the if we are top that night we only pick maps where we know the to is the good spawn. Think I will try and get a list started today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:01 am

I will play what ever role we need. If i am to camp a flag i think a TI is a must. i would run with cuav vests and SB. I have not seen the games yet but (i will see them today) i heard they use a lot of C4 if this is true maybe we should have 2 people run the TS to get some of that C4 out of play.plus i feel maybe we should have 2-3 people run the S-bomber so if we need to take B flag or w/e flag we could spam it w/bombers and force there hole team to spawn at there other flag. Might give us some time to get 'dug in' on the flag we are going after. someone said they all/most run assn so not too much need for anymore then 1 person with a EMP. But i think if we have 2-3 people with vests we will win alot more gun fights witch means more time with 2 flags. But like i said i have not seen the games yet so this might not work but i am just tossing it out there to get some feed back.i will take a look at the games today and maybe i can come up with somethink diff/new.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:09 am

Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Mw3dom10

I found this may help us
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Ninjesmurf, this helps alot I think. I went thru all the maps yesterday to see what the top and bottom spawnsr for each map. Will post the results in the morning probably. I do disagree with a couple of these on here though. Carbon is by no means a "fair" map. It is way too had to get up that hill from a when playing a good team. I would at least list c as a big advantage if not worse. On interchange I think c-b is definitely the better way to go as a is so easy to spawn trap but I do agree the start is not much of an issue on that map. It is more of a game plan issue. Ninjesmurf, did u download that file as a excel spread sheet of as a pic? If its a spread sheet email it to me at mwhop78@gmail.com and I will add my info to it so we why all of it on the same spot. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:13 pm

I found it on a page as a picture but will continue to see what I can find
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:50 am

Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Mw3_di12

Here is the spread sheet u found Ninjesmurf with the top and bottom spawn locations added in. Had to build it from scratch. We can use it to determine which maps to pick based on whether we are getting the top or bottom spawn for each map.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:03 am

Another thing I thought about suggesting to them is to just pick one map each week and rotating spawns. It is what we usually do in our internal tourney's. It seems to work pretty fairly. Then we could just roatate whose turn it is to have top spawn or bottom spawn the most. We would just have to keep up with which maps have been used and continue to cycle through them. Just a thought. Either way, I think we can handle them. This week I definitely want to try the 2-2-2 thing. So u guys that signed up for this week start thinking about what u would rather do- defend a flag or float between the two. Think about what load outs u want to set up based on that decision. Also, everyone make sure to set up one rush class so we can beat them to the neutral flag. And the defenders need to make sure to run with ti's.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:53 am

I know my defending is better then my running and gunning.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:45 am

I definitely think the 2-2-2 strategy with tac inserts worked well last night. I know we were fairly flexable with it but even with a few of us using it made a difference. Awesome job flipping the spawn on Hardhat last night also. Next week we get pics two and four. I will lay out some map choices for us to discuss over the next day or two. Want to give us some options for us having either top or bottom spawn in case they flip the script on us next week with their first pic (ie They say they want Dome with Top Spawn and that leaves us with Bottom Spawn the rest of the night). I don't want to be prepared for us to have Top Spawn and then get stuck with Bottom and not have a plan. Also, we need to come up with a plan to counter them on Lockdown cause they have had our number on that map for a while. We didn't get beat by 100 like last week but it still wasn't pretty. Definitely open to some suggestions cause I am at a total loss on that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's   Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strategies for Clan Battles vs 4gc's
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next