Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
scuf controllers Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

scuf controllers

Go down 
+13
Maverick9227
whizzups
deadmyt
DeathByAK
Brennan_Huff122
bluehound000
NukeLaCoog
Jon
TheCanisDirus
Sr Slampiece
Winners
ArcaniX
friedferretfeet
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
friedferretfeet

friedferretfeet

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:05 pm

So I am screwing around on youtube at work today because I work for the government and thats all I really do anyways at work, and I come across an optic gaming video talking about scuf controllers. This guy goes on to say that scuf controllers are great and that they are not deemed as cheating in the gaming world. So I go on the scuf controller website and look at all the details. It looks pretty solid to me but I am wondering if that kind of sensitivety is going to help a below average player like myself or is this product more for a high end player. I imagine that every little thing helps but before I drop a c-note on a controller I would like to hear what my fellow 30's had to say.

Any inputs?
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:10 pm

My son uses a scuf and I've tried it a couple of times, and I'd say it'd help no matter the skill level. The real question is if you're willing to invest in it. Scuf's have extended thumbsticks that make the 'analog' range larger (hence, easier to fine-tune control).

Another option that helps (if aiming sensitivity is what you're after) is to look at something like Kontrol Freaks "FPS Freaks". They're thumbstick extenders, but with them clipped on (and your ingame sensitivity turned up) you'll noticed a marked difference in aiming accuracy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:19 pm

I love them for the trigger adjustments and the paddles. You can react a bit faster and use the paddles for prone and jump.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Just keep in mind that supposivly the XBOX1 will not support the old controllers so if you are thinking about getting the new console, take into consideration if you will get your money's worth out of it. (Or until someone makes an adapter)

I love mine. Sensitivity is a non issue with Scufs, the paddles allow you to perform other actions like prone/jump simultaneously with other actions because you are not taking your thumb off the thumbstick to press A/B or what ever.

The trigger stops are very nice for semi auto and burst weapons.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:42 pm

As everyone's said... they rock. Well the style, not the brand... super, super easy to make yourself... i know MISSI...er... winners and myself would be happy to show you how if you wanted to attempt it Very Happy

And Slam's right... i'd wait unless you must replace a broken controller or something. The Xbox One's controllers use a dedicated WiFi connection and current controllers will NOT work with the One. Adapters shouldn't be able to fuction either as the One will not (supposedly) accept input from wired USB controllers either. You don't see any front mounted USBs any more do ya... it's unfortuante... i really love wired controllers Sad

EDIT:

scuf controllers Microsoft-xbox-one-controller-4947_1_610x407

Also... anyone else notice something missing from the Xbox one's controllers?

Screw holes. "Supposedly" both the One and PS4 will feature "tamper resistant" controllers designed to make it harder for those like Scuff to access and modify. Once taken apart it will break some sort of one-time-use fasteners... rendering it broke haha... Guess they didn't like all the money they were missing out on haha.
Back to top Go down
Jon

Jon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 17

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:57 pm

I would like to know how to make one but I am sure i can google it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jonasu25
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:03 pm

ferrett, for a little less money check out the Razer Sabertooth. Instead of paddles they have rockers underneath as well as 2 other buttons near the bumpers. They are all capable of being mapped to whatever you like. You can also adjust sensitivity of the thumbsticks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:04 pm

jonasu25 wrote:
I would like to know how to make one but I am sure i can google it.

It wouldn't be hard as long as you are comfortable doing some soldering on PC boards. I cracked open my Scuf once to replace the guts from a new MS one and they do not do anything special. Couple stratigicly placed micro switches and some solder points and thats it. The trigger stops are nothing more than a screw drilled into the trigger and then another screw "plug" used to adjust where they stop at.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:32 pm

^^^X2... i've made a few and it's very easy if you can solder... or if you want to learn how to. Grab some n/o mini tact switches from RadioShack and go to depot for 1/16 /32 (i forget) hex set screws (trigger adjusters) and 1/8 hex with thumb tighten fasteners(stops).
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:37 pm

Trigger stops are easy for anybody who might be mechanically inclined. I am in the process of putting paddles on one of my controllers, but screwed up the PC board trying to solder without the proper equipment. I'm actually trying to see if I can salvage the controller today. I'm working on it, I have the A button and paddle working, but the B is giving me fits.

I'll post a few pics and what I did right and wrong if I get it working.

Search on Ebay too if you want one, the closer we get to Xbox One launch the cheaper the used ones will get. Just buy from somebody with a good rep, so you don't get a broke one. There are also some people on Ebay who will modify your existing controller almost identical to a scuf for $40 a controller. They have some good rep, so they must do good work. If you don't have the tools, you spend about $40 on a fine point iron, solder, drill bits, taps and switches.

But I LOVE to do my own stuff....screw up a lot, but its fun for me to learn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Brennan_Huff122

Brennan_Huff122

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:40 pm

I love the paddles on the back i made both of mine, one for ps3 and one for xbox, i didnt get all fancy just added the paddles, took out the rumble packs and added kontrol freeks
Back to top Go down
friedferretfeet

friedferretfeet

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:02 pm

I didnt even think about the new console coming out soon. That is a good point, I will save the money for the new xbox. How long will it take to make a scuf controller for the new xbox? Or are the new controllers some new radical design?
Evidently I have not done any research.
Back to top Go down
friedferretfeet

friedferretfeet

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:03 pm

By the way you guys are awesome!
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:12 pm

For the record:

1) I LOVE my scuf - the paddles and trigger stops are a huge improvement
2) As soon as I saw this thread, I knew Gun would jump all over this
3) I fully plan to buy a new scuf once the xbox1 comes out (that should speak to how much I like my current one)
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah who knows if Scuff will be able to mod the new controller like they did the current gen. The word around the rumor mill is that they won't be able to because M$ specifically set out to bar them access. They felt they were losing money on companies like scuff and evil who just modify stock controllers.

I'm sure someone will figure out a way... but it's not going to be anywhere near as easy as it's been these past few generations. Companies will have true aftermarket ones out in no time. I bet Razer will have a new Sabertooth for it... and that controller puts all the Scuff modded shit to shame, big time!
Back to top Go down
deadmyt

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Is that Sabertooth any good? I swore that the Onza would be the last time I buy a controller from Razer. Loved it out of the box. Was completely broken after 2 weeks. Returned it for a new one and the same thing happened.
Back to top Go down
whizzups

whizzups

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:56 pm

deadmyt wrote:
Is that Sabertooth any good? I swore that the Onza would be the last time I buy a controller from Razer. Loved it out of the box. Was completely broken after 2 weeks. Returned it for a new one and the same thing happened.

My Onza broke within the first month as well. I was looking at the Sabertooth, but A) I wasn't psyched to go down the Razer road again, and B) They were all sold out.

I saw several reviews comparing the Sabertooth to the Scuf which I had never heard of at the time. I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on the Scuf. Very glad I did. It's the best controller I've ever used by a mile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/whizotc https://www.youtube.com/user/whizzups?feature=guide

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:44 am

I've had a scuff for about 6 months and wouldn't trade it for any other. Personal preference
Back to top Go down

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:32 am

I love my SCUF, but not necessarily just for FPS's. I *do* find I have better accuracy in MW3, and of course you can do a "jumping crouch-shot" and other gimmicks, but for me it was all about having a better controller period. With no slow-turn guaranteed and adjustable triggers I have used it in:

-Skyrim
-Bioshock
-Jet Set Radio
-Grand Theft Auto 4
-Red Dead Redemption
-Portal (and Portal 2)
-Full House Poker
-Perfect Dark (had to take out the removable trigger stops)
-and more...

The one thing I recommend is to ignore to "domed" aim stick upgrade; it barely raises the stick at all and is not grippy enough! Instead, add one of the cheap but awesome Kontrol Freaks extenders (I recommend the convex "Snipr" one) and discover the aiming perfection that many others have found! I am not too worried about when the Xbox One comes out. If I do get one anytime soon, I'll install a modchip on the 360 to turn it into a emulator of classic games/systems and still enjoy the awesome controller. (Yes, I own the original cartridges/games to make it legal) Lastly, wired SCUFs can also be plugged in and used on computers!
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:23 pm

I agree they are awesome. Just need mine to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Maverick92271?feature=mhee
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:52 pm

whizzups wrote:
deadmyt wrote:

My Onza broke within the first month as well. I was looking at the Sabertooth, but A) I wasn't psyched to go down the Razer road again, and B) They were all sold out.

I saw several reviews comparing the Sabertooth to the Scuf which I had never heard of at the time. I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on the Scuf. Very glad I did. It's the best controller I've ever used by a mile.

I did the Onza thing too. Two in three months for me. They were complete garbage.
Back to top Go down
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Nuke hit it on the head. Go for the Sabertooth. I have one and it's much cheaper than the Scuf and it's got a longer warranty. I have had SO MANY controllers and extras since I have no live outside my home. My escape is gaming. Scuf warranty 90 days mine died 7 months later 130 bucks down the tubes. Sabertooth has a year warranty. Only thing is keep on them if you have to send it in because I did have to wait a month after sending mine in because of a broken wire. But they did send me a NEW one to replace it because they do not have "refurbished" ones in stock.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:16 pm

I've had my scuff for about 6 months now and can't believe I waited that long to get one. Very well worth the investment. That being said, Unless you plan on sticking with the 360 past the release of the xbox one. You're only going to get about 5-6 months of use out of a 100+ investment.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:20 am

whizzups wrote:
deadmyt wrote:

I understand that the Onza was pretty fragile and I understand if you had a bad experience it would be tough to go back to Razer. I didn't have an Onza but my Sabertooth has given me no problems at all. I have the delicate touch of a gorilla so I have put it through it's paces. Given that I have unusually large hands those rockers underneath are better for me because I can click them like pulling a trigger. The warranty is nice as well.

Really, when it comes down to it it is all about feel. It was $80 at my local Gamestop so I had the opportunity to get my mitts on it before I bought it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
TydenWolf

TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm

As for the Onza the first editions where really nice they were made well and held up well. Then Razer went cheap on the last version of the controller. They changed many things to make it cheaper and it showed. I had the first version of the controller. It was really nice. The analog sticks had a nice rubber grip on the top and the thing felt right (it was put together well it was well balanced in the weight and such) The last version was light and cheap feeling. I wouldn't let my 5 year old play with it. I returned it to Best buy and asked for a refund even though it was a replacement for the original Onza because of the rubber was tearing after almost a year's worth of use. I used the money and got a Fus1on controller. It's nice but I couldn't keep it because my wife fell in love with it so I had to deal with a normal controller that I scuffed up (put trigger stops on) until I was able to order the Sabertooth. I like the Sabertooth I just have to be careful of the wire because that is where all my issues reside in wired controllers. It must be the way I hold them or something because everyone of them go bad right at the point where the wire is leaving the controller. That's one of the advantages of the Sabertooth you can replace the wire if it goes bad. To each there own. If possible get the Sabertooth locally (best buy is the best if you get the black tie protection no questions asked replacement and if it is under warranty they cover it under that instead) Razer can be a pain in the ass to deal with
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
Sponsored content

scuf controllers Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scuf controllers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next