Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

scuf controllers

Go down 
+13
Maverick9227
whizzups
deadmyt
DeathByAK
Brennan_Huff122
bluehound000
NukeLaCoog
Jon
TheCanisDirus
Sr Slampiece
Winners
ArcaniX
friedferretfeet
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TydenWolf

scuf controllers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm

As for the Onza the first editions where really nice they were made well and held up well. Then Razer went cheap on the last version of the controller. They changed many things to make it cheaper and it showed. I had the first version of the controller. It was really nice. The analog sticks had a nice rubber grip on the top and the thing felt right (it was put together well it was well balanced in the weight and such) The last version was light and cheap feeling. I wouldn't let my 5 year old play with it. I returned it to Best buy and asked for a refund even though it was a replacement for the original Onza because of the rubber was tearing after almost a year's worth of use. I used the money and got a Fus1on controller. It's nice but I couldn't keep it because my wife fell in love with it so I had to deal with a normal controller that I scuffed up (put trigger stops on) until I was able to order the Sabertooth. I like the Sabertooth I just have to be careful of the wire because that is where all my issues reside in wired controllers. It must be the way I hold them or something because everyone of them go bad right at the point where the wire is leaving the controller. That's one of the advantages of the Sabertooth you can replace the wire if it goes bad. To each there own. If possible get the Sabertooth locally (best buy is the best if you get the black tie protection no questions asked replacement and if it is under warranty they cover it under that instead) Razer can be a pain in the ass to deal with
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:18 am

^^^Scufs are just overpriced modded 360 controllers... with cheap chinese casings. If the Ones and PS4s are moddable (rummors of anti tampering etc) i'll f'n make all you guys "Scuff" controllers haha... don't buy that overpriced crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:53 pm

I bought a Scuf for my pS3 about a month ago. I was really excited for the extra buttons on the bottom of the controller. Unfortunately I discovered that my reflexes and motor skills are simply too retarded to really take full advantage of the bottom buttons. I never use the left one (for jumping) and I still fail miserably trying to knife with the right one.

If anyone has any tips to get better with these things please let me know. I feel like I paid $100 for a really cool looking and lighter feeling controller. I can live with that. After all I spend $10 for a beer when I go to a ball game.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
^^^Scufs are just overpriced modded 360 controllers... with cheap chinese casings. If the Ones and PS4s are moddable (rumors of anti tampering etc) i'll f'n make all you guys "Scuff" controllers haha... don't buy that overpriced crap.

the whole controller is chinese...case, board, everything

for those of you who didn't realize every controller (wired or wireless) has a chip in it with a security protocol to allow the xbox to recognize and use it - its similar to a TPM security module in some laptops...

if you're a manufacture you essentially pay MS a "license fee" in order to be granted use of said security protocol...now only a few companies have the legit license (e.g. mad catz and razor for example) scuf does NOT they instead buy bulk chinese boards or fully assembled knock offs and modify them

its a safe bet that MS is going to change that security protocol for controllers...if the games aren't going to be backwards compatible why would the accessories?? it would make MS a LOT more money to re-license EVERYTHING

if scuf wants to survive they will need to pony up

imo the Razor is an overall better choice
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:21 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
gun fer hire wrote:
^^^Scufs are just overpriced modded 360 controllers... with cheap chinese casings. If the Ones and PS4s are moddable (rumors of anti tampering etc) i'll f'n make all you guys "Scuff" controllers haha... don't buy that overpriced crap.

the whole controller is chinese...case, board, everything

for those of you who didn't realize every controller (wired or wireless) has a chip in it with a security protocol to allow the xbox to recognize and use it - its similar to a TPM security module in some laptops...

if you're a manufacture you essentially pay MS a "license fee" in order to be granted use of said security protocol...now only a few companies have the legit license (e.g. mad catz and razor for example) scuf does NOT they instead buy bulk chinese boards or fully assembled knock offs and modify them

its a safe bet that MS is going to change that security protocol for controllers...if the games aren't going to be backwards compatible why would the accessories?? it would make MS a LOT more money to re-license EVERYTHING

if scuf wants to survive they will need to pony up

imo the Razor is an overall better choice

I guess it's different with the PS3 as it is a real PS3 controller that has a few modifications. Heck it's probably made in China in the first place!!
Back to top Go down
ZJ75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 am

I fought about whether or not to buy a scuf myself for about a year. Spending a hundred plus dollars on one is quite an investement, but everyone I spoke with swore by them. I don't exactly have money falling out of my rear end, so I waited until something presented itslelf. I was fortunate enough to have a buddy who had one, but wanted to upgrade to a more expensive model, so he sold his to me (for a damn good deal as well) and I have been playing with it for about 6 months now. Here's the issue. The right trigger spring started sticking after about a month, and the left pad would stay "clicked" down. I had to send the scuf to the company (about 8 dollars shipping) and I sent it about a week and a half ago, and still have not heard back from them. They have no clear cost for the cost of replacing or repairing, so I'm waiting to see how much it will cost to have these things fixed. I love the controller though, it's incredibly responsive and very easy to customize to fit. I will be sure to post what the end cost was, that might help people thinking of getting one. I recommend them highly, but the repair issue is kind of a bummer. See you around.

ZJ
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Scuf starts with an OEM M$ controller, not a 3rd party controller.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Sr Slampiece wrote:
Scuf starts with an OEM M$ controller, not a 3rd party controller.....
Not true for all of the controllers. When you give them one to mod.. yes... when you dont. Not anymore. In the very begining they used stock M$ controllers... but as Jay said... it's all Chinese knock off parts as of the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Didn't know that. Both of the ones I've had have been.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Yeah they're cheap crap as of late
Back to top Go down
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:44 pm

I took a chance and bought a "scuf-like" controller on eBay last week. The guy had tons of good feedback and zero neg, so I figured it would be okay. I'm very happy, this controller has had tons of work and a lot of buttons.

It has:

Left trigger click for Hold Breath
Right trigger click for Drop Shot(have to use Tactical button layout)
A & B paddles
Tactile buttons underneath for X & Y

I'm still getting used to using it, but it has all worked great so far. I got it for less than $100, and it started at $90. Its not a genuine "Scuf", but if it works the same, what the hell? I guess it doesn't have a fancy paint job, but I don't care much about that anyhow.

scuf controllers - Page 2 2013-013scuf controllers - Page 2 2013-012
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:51 pm

^^^ Nice man! And there aint shit "genuine" about a Scuff haha... that controller you have is probably just as nice or from that sticker underneath, genuine and better than a Scuff!
Back to top Go down
ZJ75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:17 pm

That looks pretty sweet man. I have been asked to paint custom controllers from friends, but I'm always afraid to take them apart, haha. That eye is sweet.

ZJ
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:39 pm

anyone who handles any type of volume hydro dips the shells these days
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
chemojay

chemojay

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 8:39 am

Scuf is super nice. I have a chrome edition controller that I put tactile switches on the back kinda like a scuff. but those paddles look way better. I have mine tied to crouch/prone and the right one tied to the B button. They have another edition that has 4 paddles. They will figure out a way to mod the new controllers no matter what kinda of case they use. IT will not matter that the case is glued or one time use. Ways around that kinda stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSiiKYsIkVk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scuf controllers   scuf controllers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

scuf controllers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2