Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Router advice

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pariah_81

Router advice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:10 am

sorry man that sucks. maybe they will update your modem to a more recent one. I know I want to buy my own, the modems and DVRs are what kill my cable bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 pm

MJ - I have the WNDR3700v2 and it is doing the same thing to me now. I bought it in June of 2011 and had no issues for about 3 months then on a daily basis it started to hang. I upgraded the firmware and what helped until about a month ago when the daily hang started happening again. I am looking to upgrade my router now too.

After readying 50 or 60 reviews of the WNDR3700v2 on newegg, amazon and cnet I found that a lot of people have this hang issue with this model and it is due to manufacturing and netgear is doing nothing to help customers even if you are within your one year warranty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Savvy, what other models have you been looking into?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:12 pm

I was looking at the WNDR3800 cause the hang issues were supposed to be fixed in that version. At this point I am not sure I want another Netgear, as the WNDR3700v2 was the first one I ever bought and it needs to be replaced 9 months after I bought it.

So I am now looking for suggesting. A few guys said something about a dlink (forgot the model) but I looked that one up on amazon reviews and people say that it gets way too hot and needs to be replaced within a year.

So I am still on the look out for a new one and need it soon. I will let you know what I find in my research.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Probably going stick with linksys. Anyone have the E3200?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 pm

I have the e4200 and i'm very pleased with it. Ive not been able to get it to recognize an external drive or usb stick yet but that isnt critical.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:58 am

Cant ever go wrong with Cisco mate. linksys is cisco so i would recommend it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:45 pm

jsavvy wrote:
MJ - I have the WNDR3700v2 and it is doing the same thing to me now. I bought it in June of 2011 and had no issues for about 3 months then on a daily basis it started to hang. I upgraded the firmware and what helped until about a month ago when the daily hang started happening again. I am looking to upgrade my router now too.

After readying 50 or 60 reviews of the WNDR3700v2 on newegg, amazon and cnet I found that a lot of people have this hang issue with this model and it is due to manufacturing and netgear is doing nothing to help customers even if you are within your one year warranty.

Ive read that a few times in the Netgear forums. My WNDR3700 is a version 1 and i havent had an issue in the year and a half that ive owned it. Thought of upgrading a few times to the new 4500 or the Linksys 4200 but i figure if its not broken why bother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Any new suggestions in this department?...I need a new router. My old, actually very old, linksys drops wireless connection which I now need in the new house for the Wii...on top of that, I think it slows my connection down a bit because it's way outdated. I was thinking about the netgear, but read about some of the same problems you guys are talking about. I think I'm gonna stay with a new linksys, but I don't have a ton of $$$ to spend...any suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 am

The Netgear N600 or something similiar may be tempting because of its low cost, but be forewarned that you wouldn't be able to hard wire anything with it, as it does not support Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. I'd probably go with the Linky E3200 ($60), depending on the exact amount of my budget. The E4200 is down to $138 at newegg.com. I wouldn't look at anything other than Linksys, though. After going back and reading the original post, I realized that I have the same old WRT54G Linky that was mentioned. I might be getting the E4200, myself. Either that or a fifty foot CAT 6 cable...

CNET review of the e3200

CNET review of the e4200
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:44 am

crushing_cheetos wrote:
The Netgear N600 or something similiar may be tempting because of its low cost, but be forewarned that you wouldn't be able to hard wire anything with it, as it does not support Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. I'd probably go with the Linky E3200 ($60), depending on the exact amount of my budget. The E4200 is down to $138 at newegg.com. I wouldn't look at anything other than Linksys, though. After going back and reading the original post, I realized that I have the same old WRT54G Linky that was mentioned. I might be getting the E4200, myself. Either that or a fifty foot CAT 6 cable...

CNET review of the e3200

CNET review of the e4200

Actually there is more than N600 model and yes it has gigabit connectivity as well as being able to be hardwired. Honestly gigabit isnt an issue needed for the PS3 as it will only handle up to 54 mbps anyway. The Netgear WNDR3700 is dual band/gigabit and is still widely reviewed as one of the best routers even after being on the market for a few years. You can find it just about anywhere for around $90. Me personally i wouldnt touch Linksys as i know quite a few people that have had problems with the newer style Linksys routers. The older ones like the WRT54G were great though but pretty much outdated now. The support for Cisco products in general is pretty poor if you have an issue as i had 3 of their modems die in the course of a year and basically they threw their shoulders in the air and said "i dunno".
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:46 am

I've always had luck with D-Link.

Both the N600 or its cheaper lil brother the N300 are great choices for all around use.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 11:00 am

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
Me personally i wouldnt touch Linksys as i know quite a few people that have had problems with the newer style Linksys routers.

Ah, I was looking at an old review of an early model of the N600 and it never dawned on me to check the date. My bad! I wasn't trying to hate on NetGear or anything. I've always thought that it's a decent brand, but I had a bad experience with a NetGear hub a long time ago. I don't even remember what it was, but after that I just stuck to Linksys when possible and it's never really let me down. Personal experiences will shape a consumer's entire outlook on a brand, I guess. I do know one thing, though, your opinion seems to have changed since your last post...

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
Thought of upgrading a few times to the new 4500 or the Linksys 4200 but i figure if its not broken why bother.

This leads me to believe that there may be some deep-seated frustration issues there. Very Happy Religion and politics be damned! What really gets us hating each other around here is a discussion on the best router manufacturer! Haha, just kidding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Router advice   Router advice - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Router advice
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2