Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Tips From The Beasts?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Tips From The Beasts? Empty
PostSubject: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:58 pm

Ok I cry uncle... I am just not getting it in this game

When I joined the 30's and played some games I remember vividly being in awe of 2 guys I played a match with, CrazyNixon7 and KlamHammer... Unfortunetely, Klam looks to be no longer with us, but I have definitely seen Nixon beasting as usual in MW3

With the replay system of Black Ops I took to watching many recent game videos from both of these guys and I learned a lot, my KDR kept rising and rising until the end of Black Ops when I could humbly say I was near the same level as some of our top players

The style I adapted in Black Ops of a "flanker" so to speak, where I ran up edges of maps and feasted on enemies trying to get to B flags does not work in this game as I am constantly being shot in the back or from the side and there really arent any edges as every spot of the map has countless entries and exits

So I tried watching videos in the vault to see what Nixon was doing last night, but you can only view him from the 3rd person view which doesnt show me much other than him dancing around and calling in predators from a laptop

Now I am asking for tips from the beasts of the 30.. Tema, Nixon, Jerry, IDREF, Savvy, etc... what are you guys doing to be successful in this game, what guns/loadouts etc, where are you staying on the maps...

Help me out here! (and probably others who are also frustrated)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Playing Blops strategy on mw3 almost caused me to quit playing altogether. It just doesn't work.
THere are no flanks anymore because people spawn all over.

Savvy and IDREF have good strategies for Dom.

I have noticed that so many of us are still struggling with the gameplay that we do not communicate like we did in BLops.

I agree that this game is frustrating and the fun of BLops is not just not here in MW3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Communication and callouts are improving. Everyone just needs to keep on the callouts and communication even with the broken comms. Just becuase I can't hear everything you say doesn't mean I don't get the idea that A is in trouble etc. Last night played dom and the call outs were working and we were winning. It was nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:53 pm

When in doubt say the call out Twice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:19 pm

The class I use 80% of the time is SoH Pro, Hardline Pro, Stalker Pro. ACR with ext mags and launcher, MP9 secondary, Semtex and Flash bangs. I use assault streaks of UAV, Pred and chopper, if the match goes my way I get at least 4 Preds and 3/4 choppers that helps my kill count a lot.

In MW3 I do not rush as much as I did in BO because there are so many routes in MW3. As you know I am a DOM player so to me I am always hanging near a flag that we own, as soon as I hear we are losing a flag I run at it. Most matches I stick between A/B or C/B depending on which side of the map we hold (if we have A/C and the are far apart I stay at one of them).

Now there are times I just want to go nuts and I use the same class as above (except with this one I use Steady Aim Pro) but instead of an ACR I use a PP90M1 or P90 and run around like crazy caps and flags and killing as many guys as I can.

I almost never use Blast Shield as I feel that it needs to be buffed up by IW to truly be useful on a game to game basis. If they buff it I would use it a lot more.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Pick your favorite weapon.. Mine are currently the squirt gun and the G36

My most common load out is
SoH
Hardline
SteadyAim

Dual FMG9's. ~ switch to these immediatly after spawning to get rid of the longer animation. And use them every time you go into an area where you may come face to face.
Clay or Betty, I have been having better luck with the claymores, but whatever you like more.

Run assault - preddie/airstrike/heli or preddie/heli/overwatch
Support.. use UAV and Cuav thats it. It'll take a whole game to to get the jugg or airdrop. And they should get wiped out quickly if the other team is any good. So those high end supports are a waste IMO. You coulda called in 4-5 uav and cuavs in the same time.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:22 pm

ask what other team mates are using for streaks

keep in mind support perks are triggered by total kills not consecutive kills like assault

if you're getting mugged over and over everyone needs to agree on support streaks, if you're constantly setting up uavs, counter uavs, vests, sams, predators, etc. its hard not to win

when playing any objective game i typically use acr 6.8, kick, red dot, akimbo fmg9s

if its hardcore mk14 all the way

if its a small map like dome or arkadem (the mall) then i use the striker

perks: slight of hand pro, quick draw pro, and stalker if im using the mk14 then marksman

ive gotten to the point where i can run around the map using only my perif vision - primarily looking at the mini map if a uav is up - know where the action is on the map - don't go into mobs alone and try not to get impatient
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:41 pm

jsavvy wrote:
The class I use 80% of the time is SoH Pro, Hardline Pro, Stalker Pro. ACR with ext mags and launcher, MP9 secondary, Semtex and Flash bangs. I use assault streaks of UAV, Pred and chopper, if the match goes my way I get at least 4 Preds and 3/4 choppers that helps my kill count a lot.

In MW3 I do not rush as much as I did in BO because there are so many routes in MW3. As you know I am a DOM player so to me I am always hanging near a flag that we own, as soon as I hear we are losing a flag I run at it. Most matches I stick between A/B or C/B depending on which side of the map we hold (if we have A/C and the are far apart I stay at one of them).

Now there are times I just want to go nuts and I use the same class as above (except with this one I use Steady Aim Pro) but instead of an ACR I use a PP90M1 or P90 and run around like crazy caps and flags and killing as many guys as I can.

I almost never use Blast Shield as I feel that it needs to be buffed up by IW to truly be useful on a game to game basis. If they buff it I would use it a lot more.

Blast Shield isnt as necessary cuz the tubes are so weak...would be nice to not die to grenades but dont want to sacrifice other more useful perks

My other problem is my 11% accuracy in this game which doesnt help one on one matchups, maybe I will defend a position a bit more instead of running into spawns trying to wreak havoc like I did in Ops

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:04 pm

map knowldge is pretty much key and that's why a lot of people have a hard time with MW3. The maps are very cluttered and layered and can be confusing. Knowing where choke points and hot spots are is where you'll start to get the big kills. After that I choose fast moving classes like SMG/marathon/quickdraw/steady aim. Anything that get's you to the action and ready and have your weapon ready before your opponent is essential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:09 pm

I'm definitely no beast...but when I'm struggling I find slowing down helps a lot...still moving, but just more carefully...being careful to clear corners while aiming down sight...there are a lot of corners with long runways on these maps, better to catch the runners than to be running.

Also I find running UAV/CUAV support helps a lot...those red dots help a lot...and messing up their map seems to change the flow of the game quite a bit...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm no beast on this thing but I agree with a lot of the things said above... For what it's worth though, I always do better when with the clan. Perhaps it's b/c of teamwork or helping make each other better but when playing with more skilled players (as many of you are) a part of me says "I gotta not embarass myself" and I step up my game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:53 pm

it helps a huuuge amount to be able to depend on a team. I ALWAYS do better when with the clan. I get smoked a lot when solo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 am

Currently sporting a 1.99 KDR in the 2nd Prestige, here's what I got:

-Use a ninja build....blind eye and assassin. A silent weapon helps too if you don't mind the loss in power. Showing up on that minimap is a huge detriment.

-Control an area of the map. If you want to build the KDR up this is a big way to help. If you're playing DOM pick an area around a flag and set up camp. I know it sounds lame, but it's a huge tactical advantage. You're helping your team and you're forcing the enemy to come to you. Don't sit in one spot, move around...especially after you kill someone since they'll be looking for you in that spot when they make it back.

-If you need to play more aggressive, like others have said, take it slow. Even if you aren't rushing into a camp, you're probably rushing into a group of guys.

-If you're not playing with a good group you're at a disadvantage...and as slimy as this seems, if you're playing with randoms online you need to be selfish. Let your teammates be the first around a corner, the first to a flag, let them be your bait.

I hope this helps some
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 am

I dont really have a playstyle just some general guidelines I go by more of a check and balance system. I dont try to cap flags alone if I find myself alone by a flag I will stand on the flag for a second then push forward toward their spawn a little to kill anyone coming in to defend. This works well because if I am able to hold them back then it gives our team a chance to push for the flag in question. There are exceptions to this rule if I can account for most of their team being somewhere else or if we have been triple capped. The only time to run is when in wide open spaces to get back to cover. People running around corners make easy kills. I have stated this before but can not stress it enough lower controller settings I use a 2 or a 3. Almost every game I will run into a group of 2 or 3 and kill them all because I have more accuracy. KDR is important I guess but accurracy is where you seperate the good from the rest. A common scenario I see is two or more enemies come running around a corner the first is usually dead before he gets to aim the second puts out a few rounds but cant hit anything because his settings are so high he cannot adjust as fast as I can adjust my aim at him. If there are more it is simply a matter of the best accuracy (or how many rounds I have left). One more tip I can say is dont go straight down the middle of a hallway stay to one side or the other (preferably on the side closest to the next door or opening) it is a natural habit to use the center of a path and when someone rounds a corner they instantly look at the center. If you are to one side they have to adjust and you have the advantage if you are on the right side and they come around a corner from your right they have to adjust the most and you will have seen them before they even rounded the corner advantage you. I know this is rambling now but I hope these are some tips that may help you.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:05 am

What makes a person a beast?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:01 am

The guys who routinely get 30-40-50 kills and 10+ defends
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:04 am

kjcolby1978 wrote:
The guys who routinely get 30-40-50 kills and 10+ defends

Ok cheers for that, not me then Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:24 am

I have been pretty successful lately. Not every game, but a majority of the time I am finding myself on the winning team and going even or just barely negative (which is fine with me as long as we win). I have been calling out as much as possible, and in some cases repeating it as suggested by Manic. I have become a slow mover in this game because rushing around just does. not. work.

The key here is teamwork is ESSENTIAL, and probably 7 - 8 out of 10 times I get into a game and my teammates scatter and I find myself all alone on the grid. To be successful this CAN NOT happen. I know I am not one of the "beasts" here, but I know that when I am alone I am getting destroyed if there is no back up. At least if we are in groups, if I die, I trust that I have a teammate behind me to take care of the rif raf.

I have been going with the "Straight to 'B'" strategy and it has been working. Usually I find one teammate running a different route to B with me or I get there and have back up shortly. That has been working, as we have been getting B pretty quickly in the last week or so.

I'm not even sure if this post is relevant to the thread. If not I give you permission to lock me in a cage with a Honey Badger until I understand the rules a little better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:26 am

A few tips.

Don't rely on the UAVs. A lot of people run assassin so they won't show up so always be ready to fire after you turn every corner. I personally find that Markman is excellent for helping with that as there are lots of spots that people blend in with the background but it'll help that name show up earlier. Also always pay close attention to hotspots on maps as someone could be running Assassin Pro and their nametag won't show.

Rely on the UAVs. The enemy's that is. An all their other support too. I run blind-eye and I'll shoot down every single thing that pops up in the sky. Nothing is more satisfying than taking out someone's attack chopper before it's even made it onto the map or making someone waste their Advanced UAV with a single shot. Carrying a stinger, it's like 2 free points towards your killstreak. The side effect of this as well is you are being a team player and passively assisting your whole team by doing this

Low killstreaks = high KDR. I've tried out some of the higher killstreaks in Assault, but more often than not my best games are when I'm running Pred/Air Strike/Chopper. They lead one into the other so if you can get to the Predator, you almost certainly will have all 3. Having the high killstreaks can look badass when you hit them, but you won't hit them nearly as much. I find hardline is also really useful for this strategy. It takes 1 less kill, the pro version also means that 2 assists will give you a kill as well(concussion grenades to high traffic area are great) and the fact you aren't relying on Assassin to stay off the radar gives you some added motivation to shoot down those UAVs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:26 am

Kolby, I am an average player in Black ops. Run gun on most maps and holding positions that suit me on others. I really really struggled on this game up untill last week, i have plenty of posts around the two sites saying that I dont like it. But last week it just clicked, I found a good setup to run and gun with and am doing well now, and also learning more and more about the maps. Keep trying, make classes and give them time to see if they work.

pm-9 with sight and kick
fmg9 akimbo
soh
asasin
steady aim

Hip firing is an essential thing to use with this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:13 am

Unfortunetely I do best with FMG9s Akimbo, but I am trying to refrain as we all know they are going to nerf them soon... when I just run those I usually finish ahead of the curve regardless of who were playing, but when I use the SCAR or ACR I feel like I get 10 bullets into guys and they dont die... the FMGs drop guys so much easier

Yesterday I ran the P90 rapid fire for a bit and found it is similar the FMGs in killability but hard to hit anyone from a distance even with kick

Maybe I will try FERDI's advice and turn my sensitivity way down to improve my 11% accuracy, I know Nixon runs a 1 and hes unstoppable
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 am

poppamatic wrote:
Currently sporting a 1.99 KDR in the 2nd Prestige, here's what I got:

-Use a ninja build....blind eye and assassin. A silent weapon helps too if you don't mind the loss in power. Showing up on that minimap is a huge detriment.

-Control an area of the map. If you want to build the KDR up this is a big way to help. If you're playing DOM pick an area around a flag and set up camp. I know it sounds lame, but it's a huge tactical advantage. You're helping your team and you're forcing the enemy to come to you. Don't sit in one spot, move around...especially after you kill someone since they'll be looking for you in that spot when they make it back.

-If you need to play more aggressive, like others have said, take it slow. Even if you aren't rushing into a camp, you're probably rushing into a group of guys.

-If you're not playing with a good group you're at a disadvantage...and as slimy as this seems, if you're playing with randoms online you need to be selfish. Let your teammates be the first around a corner, the first to a flag, let them be your bait.

I hope this helps some

I have had the same theory for the last 3 weeks and have been highly successful when I am able to put a kills streak together. When things are good I tend to call in at least 2 preds, 2 airstrikes, & 2 choppers per game. Camping the home flag usually always stabalizes the spawns....usually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 am

Ive been told a few times lately that i "fight like a bitch" but oh well. Im not running the maps much anymore and therefore not getting shot in the back. My w/l has risen from just playing Dom and my k/d is slowly going up as well. Except for a few maps im spending my time hanging around the flags we hold. Not like im sitting watching the flag but moving around the routes into them picking off what i can. I love to kill someone then move to a different spot and then kill them again when they come back looking for where i just was. I run blind eye/assassin/stalker all pro'd with a silenced ACR with my stinger. I have 2 of these same classes but 1 has UAV/CP/Pred for streaks and the other has Pred/AChopper/Reaper. The 2nd racks up more kills and i mostly use it on larger maps like village/outpost but i love the CP and seeing what random goodies i get. Blops i was all about saying here i am come kill me if you can. I loathed Ghost and never ran it. Its all about knowing what you do best in each game and taking advantage of it. Ive noticed that if im hanging around a/c the spawns dont flip nearly asm much as they used to. Makes the maps much more controllable. Of course i still have a few classes with a SMG,akimbo mp9s,SOH pro/quickdraw pro and steady aim pro with support streaks of UAV/Vests and they get used for the small maps. I can run crazy and get the 30 or more kills but i die a ton and it bores me quick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 am

Colby the FMG9s spray a ton of bullets and if used highly often will tremendously reduce accuracy. I use them on my sniper classes where I have a 50% or more accuracy and after using those suckers its less than 20%.....fyi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:27 am

So it's best to control a certain area of the map it seems? I try to run and gun and usually just get pooped on. Have yet to get into the swing of things with this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips From The Beasts?   Tips From The Beasts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips From The Beasts?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next